Mónéy Matters

By cakeyree

Mónéy is a 17 year old girl who has lost herself after the death of her brother. Left to deal with her indiff... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Book 2

Chapter Fifty-Nine

20.1K 331 276
By cakeyree

|Remy|

I ran my hand through my hair as I sat up in bed. Today was the day, that I was going to introduce Jamal to my grandmother. I was skeptical about this at first but she insisted that I bring Jamal to meet her before she dies. That was my grandmother's favorite excuse to get me to do what she wanted. I looked over at the empty spot that Jamal was supposed to be occupying.

I sniffed the air to make sure I wasn't tripping. I smiled at the thought of Jamal cooking breakfast for me. He had been coming around for the last two months. It was cute, how he was treating me so far. After Mónéy's party, I haven't stepped outside of my marriage. I wanted to really be devoted to him. I wanted him to love me and maybe have his kids one day. Hopping out of bed, I slipped my robe on and made my way down the long hallway. As I got closer to the kitchen I smelt the aroma of fresh fruits and pancake mix. My mouth watered at the thought of getting a home cooked meal this morning.

My parade was rained on when I saw an ass naked woman standing over my stove. I tilted my head to the side and cleared my throat. She glaced over her shoulder at me and waved. I felt something smack up against my butt. When I turned around I saw Jamal standing behind me with a paddle and another naked chick. I sighed deeply as he planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Aye Carli and Charli, this my wife Remy. Remy these my friends Carli and Charli," he said nonchalantly before he walked up to the lady at the stove and kissed her on the lips. I scoffed and did my best to keep my composure.

"I'm Carli by the way. That's my twin sister Charli. Aren't we adorable," the one standing behind me asked. I glared at her.

"Yes y'all are," Jamal answered as Charli feed him some fruit. I shook my head and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a plate and piled some eggs and half of the fruit on it. Charli reached for the plate that was filled with pancakes but I snatched them from her.

"Hey, I want pancakes too. I mean I did cook them," she snapped. I cut my eyes and poured syrup all over the pancakes. Even though I wasn't going to eat all of them, I didn't want her or her nasty ass sister to have them.

"My house, my rules. Now do me a favor and go continue feeding my husband fruits," I snapped. She rolled her eyes and sashayed towards the refrigerator. I gathered my three plates of food in my hand and headed upstairs. I could hear Carli telling Jamal how much of a bitch I was. Deciding to let her slick ass comments slide, I kick my bedroom door close with my feet before empty two of the plates into the waste bin on side of the dresser.

After eating the small portion of food that I had, I went and took a shower. My mind jump to the thought of seeing my mother. I knew that if I was going around my grandmother, I would most likely see her daughter. My grandmother informed me that she had went to rehab seven months ago and was now four months clean. That information had no type of affect on me. I was happy for her but I honestly didn't care. My mother had put me through alot as a child and a teenager. I raised myself since I was eleven years old. When I turned twelve my grandmother took me in.

Stepping out the shower, I wrapped a towel around me and got dressed. I decided on something simple but cute. My outfit consisted of a pair of white pants with a green tank top and a pair of green Balenciaga heels. Jamal had bought me a whole new wardrobe of designer clothes. I was thankful for that but I wanted way more than material things from him. I walked out of that bathroom and stood in front of the dresser. Jamal walked in and stood in the doorway as he took a bite from an apple.

I applied nude lipstick to my lips as Jamal stood in the doorway watching me. I glanced at him through the mirrior and sighed in relief when i saw him fully dressed. We were supposed to leave in thirty minutes and I refused to be late because of his shenanigans. Charli walked into the room still naked and I quickly turned around. I looked at her then at Jamal who shrugged his shoulder. This bitch had a lot of nerve. It was one thing to walk naked around my house, but it was another to do it in my bedroom. I walked toward Charli and grabbed her by her hair.

"Bitch I'll give you five seconds to get out my room. Better yet take yo rat face ass sister and the both of you leave," I growled before roughly letting her go. Her body fell into Jamal. She rubbed her head and looked at Jamal with sad eyes.

"You aren't going to say anything," she asked. Jamal looked at me and was about to say something but I gave him a look, causing him to shrug.

"You heard my wife," he said nonchalantly before closing the bedroom door. I crossed my arms under my chest and stared at him. He went around the room looking for something before looking up at me.

"What now," he asked annoyed. I picked up a pillow and threw it at him.

"What the fuck you mean what now? Yo ass is three seconds from a damn divorce. Who the hell fucks twin sisters," I snapped.

"Future and myself and chill on that divorce shit. You ain't going nowhere and you know that. I was smart enough to make yo ass sign a contract. We made a deal so shut the fuck up and deal with my lifestyle," he said as he took the bottle of Whiskey that sat on the dresser and drunk from it.

"Yes we did sign a contract but we didn't sign a pre-nup. When I leave yo ass in the next five years, you going to be broke as fuck. Then let's see how many bitches gon fuck with you then. Oooooh, you get on my damn nerves. You better not embarrass me when we get to my grandmother's house either," I snapped. He chuckled and took another sip from the bottle before putting it back on the dresser.

"You gon end up embarrassing ya self. Pipe down some bruh. Look I'm finna make sure Charli and her fine ass sister gone, then we'll be out of here. I made sure Debo and Nino look after the laundry mat for me while I'm gone. I can't have my wife mad at me. What you want me to do," he questioned as he slid his hand down to my ass. I looked at his hand with disgust before smacking it away.

"I want you to start acting like a husband," I stated. He looked at me for a minute before bursting into laughter. I shook my head and walked out our bedroom. Jamal was acting like a real piece of shit this morning and I didn't feel like being around him. I was trying to portray an image to my grandmother that I was happy and here he was on the verge of fucking it up.

I walked outside just as Charli and Carli were sliding into a taxi cab. I chuckled to myself as I got into my blue custom made Camaro. Here they were fucking my husband who had plenty of money, yet they had to hustle up some change to get a damn cab. At least when you ride in a uber they give you free bottled water. You can't get shit in a cab. Moments later Jamal walked outside with his hands and arms filled with luggage. He had asked for a hand but I simply ignored him as I looked through a Vogue magazine. Since he wasn't acting like a husband, I wasn't about to act like a wife.

After all the luggage was in the car, Jamal got into the driver's seat huffing and puffing. I folded my lips together to muffle the laugh that threatened to escape my mouth. He looked over at me before snatching the magazine out my hand and throwing it in the backseat.

"What the fuck," I yelled.

"You didn't hear me calling you," he asked angrily.

"You can't be serious, you aren't acting like my husband so I'm not finna sit up here and be your damn wife," I snapped. He looked at me like I was crazy before shaking his head.

"This is not real!" He made a gesture to his hand between the two of us, "Me and you, we are not real. This fucking marriage ain't real. I don't love you, I love Mónéy, why can't you get that through yo fucking head. You are just a rebound Remy," he said coldly. I rolled my eyes unfazed by his words. He was only saying that to get under my skin but it no longer worked.

"Nigga this marriage is very real and I got the certificate to prove it. Stop fucking with me Jamal, I'm telling you I would fuck your whole organization up. You can miss me with that Mónéy shit because if you really loved her then she'd be right where I am and not laid up in Icy's bed," I retorted.

"Stop fucking threatening me before I snap yo fucking next. Better yet sit yo ass back and shut the fuck up. I be glad when these pigs leave me the fuck alone. I'm finna start being on my best behavior just so I won't have to be bothered with you," he stated. I waved him off and put my headphones in my ear. This was going to be a long ride.

__________

Jamal opened the passenger car door that I was leaning on, causing me to fall over slightly. I caught myself before I was able to hit the ground. Looking up at him, I saw the mischievous grin he had on his face. I was tempted to kick his ass but then I glanced behind him to see my grandmother's house. I got out the car and slammed the door shut. Jamal's jaw clenched and I smiled as I walked passed him, roughly bumping his shoulder.

"C'mon honey, I can't wait for you to meet my grandmother," I chimed. I heard Jamal scoff from behind me. I approached the brick house that was surrounded by a fence. The street still looked the same as kids chased each other around and rode bikes and hovered boards. I moved the lock off the fence before jogging up the three stairs to the house. The front door was open but the screen door prevented any bugs or criminals from entering. Jamal stood behind me with his hands shoved in his pocket.

Just as I was about to ring the doorbell, someone appeared in the doorway. I immediately recognized the person as my stepsister Mercedes. She was three years younger than me and a pain in my ass. She squinted her eyes at me, trying to see if it was really me. Jamal looked over my shoulder at her and waved slightly. When she see him she quickly pushed the screen door open and stepped on the porch.

"Damn, who are you," she said biting her lip. I tilted my head to the side and frowned at her. Mercedes was a promiscuous girl, who'd sleep with anything with two legs. To say she's only sixteen, she's a very known for sucking and swallowing. At least I didn't get my reputation until I made seventeen. Jamal looked her over seductively before nodding his head. I mugged him before nudging him in the side.

"Mercedes this is my husband Jamal," I said holding up my finger with my wedding ring on it. She rolled her eyes and folded her arms over her chest. I turned to Jamal who was smirking at her. "Jamal this is Mercedes, my sixteen year old stepsister." His smirk dropped when he heard her age. I smiled before nodding and looking at Mercedes.

"Soon to be seventeen in a few hours," she stated.

"Whatever," I mumbled. I pushed her aside and grabbed Jamal's hands before we walked into my grandmother's house. I could smell the food cooking in the kitchen. My stomach churned at the thought of devouring some of my grandmother's home cooked food. I heard noise coming from the kitchen, so we headed towards it. When I pushed the double doors open, I saw my grandmother placing a pie on the table. When she looked up at me, she smiled and walked over to me before pulling me into a hug.

"Oh sugar foot, I've missed you so much," she cooed as she rocked me from side to side. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feel of being in my grandmother's arm. She pulled back from me and grabbed both sides of my face. I brought my hands up to hers and pulled them in front of me.

"I've missed you too NaNa," I said smiling. She smiled back before her gaze went behind me to Jamal. Her eyes lit up and she released my hands before walking towards him.

"And who might this handsome young man be," she asked. Jamal blushed as he squirmed around nervously. I rolled my eyes before stepping closer to my grandma.

"NaNa, this is my husband Jamal that I was telling you about. I thought it was a good time to introduce him to you," I said. She walked towards Jamal and hugged him tightly. He was surprised for a moment before he hugged her back. Jamal had a hard time getting close to females, I guess that's why he would always tell me he wasn't feeling me like I knew he was. His mother was a vindictive woman, just like mine. She had given him to his father when he was four months old because she had a new man, who wanted a new baby that belonged to him. He was raised into a world of drugs and crime, that's all he really knew.

"He's a edible looking something," she purred. I gagged while Jamal grinned.

"Thank you," we both said in unison.

"Do you like pie," she asked him seductively. I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on my forehead. I guess today was flirt with Jamal day. Everybody but my ass was celebrating it because he was aggravating me.

"Yes ma'am, I love pie. Add a lil whip cream and imma smash it," he assured her. She snapped her fingers and shook her, like she had forgot something.

"Mercedes," she called out. A few seconds later Mercedes appeared in the kitchen doorway with an attitude. She looked over and smiled at Jamal who wasn't paying her any attention, as he continued to text on his phone. I cleared my throat causing her to look at me annoyed.

"Yea," she questioned dryly.

"Girl go put some close on and run to the store and get me some whip cream and ice. Don't stop and talk to them little hoodlums that be hanging on the corner neither. I told you them young boys don't mean well, they only want one thing. And I better not hear from my neighbors that you was hanging out with those fast tail girls up the block. Go straight to the store and come right back," my NaNa demanded. Mercedes rolled her eyes before leaving out the kitchen.

"NaNa, how come Mercedes is here? Is she living with you or something," I questioned. My grandmother took a seat at the table and smiled weakly.

"I guess you can say that. She's been helping an old woman out since you left. I don't want her to be around for long though. I knew how much of a burden I was to you and I wouldn't want to do the same to her. Plus her dad has been real busy working and since she is not to be trusted in the house alone, she is force to come take care of me," my grandmother chuckled.

"Grams you we're never a burden. It was my choice to take care of you. I didn't mind though, you gave me lots of money and candy," I joked. She laughed. I looked at Jamal who was staring at me in a weird way. It looked as if he almost was admiring me. When he saw that I had caught him staring he quickly looked at my grandmother.

"So how long have you had this house Mrs. Tasker," he questioned.

"Oh boy call me NaNa or mama Ruth. Mrs. Tasker is my deceased mother in law," she stated.

"Yes ma'am." Mercedes came into the kitchen with a mesh crop top, a pair of jean panties on and a pair bleached converse. My eyes widened at the thot outfit she was wearing but then I remembered I was just wearing the same thing some months ago. My grandma shook her head before pulling some balled up one dollar bills out of her apron. Mercedes twisted her way toward her and held her hand out.

"Here girl! You act like you ain't got no clothes that fit. Up here embarrassing me and all stuff," my grandmother scolded ad she dropped the money in Mercedes hands. She rolled her eyes and counted the balled up money. before frowning.

"Oh unh-uh, NaNa this ain't enough. A bag of ice is $1.29 plus tax by itself. This is only three dollars. I'm not trynna go in front of them people looking stupid," she whined. My grandmother closed her eyes and made a face of disgusted. I looked at Mercedes who was looking at her freshly done nails.

"Make it enough," I snapped. She squinted at me before flipping me off. Her ass knew three dollars for ice and whipped cream was more than enough. She was looking for a come up and it seems as though she was coming up off my grandmother. Jamal dug into his pocket and handed her a crisp twenty dollar bill. She thanked him before leaving out the kitchen.

"That child is a handful. Bresha should be back tomorrow, then Mercedes could leave. Last week she had some grown man in that room. She claimed they were studying but the nigga looked like he was old enough to be her daddy. I can't handle that child," my grandmother stressed.

"You want me to break her little ass open," I suggested. My grandmother laughed and shook her head. My phone rung and I looked down to see Peanut's number. Jamal started a conversation with her while I excused myself from them. I waited until I was outside on the porch before I answered.

"Why are you calling me," I snapped. He chuckled into the phone before responding.

"Don't be like that. You must be with that laudry mat nigga," he said dryly. I smiled and shook my head. Jamal was very slept on when it came to his occupation but little did they know, that laundry mat was just a cover up from his real hustle. How else was he going to be able to afford those nice ass cars in our garage and this big ass rock that sat glistening on my finger. He was a low key drug lord. No one knew of his alliance but me.

"Peanut what do you want. I'm not in New Orleans so I can't give you head," I informed him. I heard him mumble damn under his breath before he hung up. I smacked my lips and blocked his number for the time being. All he ever called for was head, which didn't surprise me anymore. I took a seat on the porch and reminisced back to the first time I ever gave someone head in this exact spot.

"I came a long way," I joked out loud. I looked to the end of the street to see Mercedes kissing some older guy with a lot of tattoos. I shook my head and stood to my feet. That must've been the dude she had in my grandmother's house the other day. I watched as he kissed her one more time before walking to a car that was parked across the street. She waited until he pulled off before she started heading towards me.

"What are you a spy or some shit," she snapped. I stood in front of her and blocked her from going inside.

"If I find out you're stealing from my grandmother them I'm going to bust yo little ass wide open. I'm not a fan of you, actually I can't stand yo ass. The sooner Bresha gets back, the better. I want you and yo vindictive ways away from her," I stated harshly. She smirked before pushing my arm out of the way and walking inside. I fixed my clothes and followed behind her. When we got into the kitchen, Jamal was helping my grandmother set the table.

Once the table was completely set, she made all of us sit down and say grace. After we were done, we started to dig in. I piled every type of food on my plate that was on the table. I was starving all of a sudden plus the food looked too good to not eat. Mercedes attempted to make conversation with Jamal but he ignored her and kept his eyes on me suspiciously. I eyed him as to ask what was his problem but he shook his head and continued to eat. I smiled as I did a happy dance on the low because of all the delicious food and the happy feeling that came over me.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry I'm late. Henry was taking forever to get his work done and the traffic was horrible. How was Mercedes, did she act a fo.......," the voice trailed off but I had already heard and knew who it was. I swallowed the lump in my throat and closed my eyes. Jamal reached across the table and grabbed my hand.

"R-Remy is that you," she questioned. I opened my eyes and slowly turned around, coming face to face with my mother. She looked healthy and good. Seeing her face brought back too many memories that I wasn't ready to be brought back. Tears welled up in my eyes and I quickly ran out of the kitchen. I heard her call my name but I didn't stop running. I jetted out the house and to my car.

"Remy," a familiar voice called out from behind me. I turned around and saw Mercedes father approaching me. I quickly opened the car door and got in. He continued to walk towards the car, making me paranoid. Jamal and my grandmother stood on the porch calling out to me but I ignored everybody around me and pulled out the driveway.

Once I was off my grandmother's street I hit a few blocks before I pulled over in a gas station and cried. My mother was the cause that I was how I was and her husband was the reason why I turned to Chauncey for love. Both had a part in fucking my life up and I hate both of them. I couldn't face them just yet but I knew I needed to before I left Mississippi.

_____________

|Mónéy|

"Rise and shine beautiful," a voice whispered in my ear. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I came face to face with Casey. I jumped up and covered my naked body. She smirked and sat her son next to me as he ate a container of pudding. I frowned at her before taking a deep breath.

"Why are you in my room and where is Artist," I questioned. She pulled a napkin out of her pocket and wiped Austin's mouth and hand before looking over at me.

"Artist went to the studio about an hour ago. He said he'll be back around noon to take you somewhere. Anyways I came in here because some pink haired girl is downstairs waiting for you. She's been down there for thirty minutes now. Anyways have fun," she said walking away. I leaned my head on my shoulder and looked at Austin as Casey attempted to sneak away.

"Aye," I yelled just before she could make it out my bedroom door. She turned around and looked at me.

"What," she asked dryly.

"Uh aren't you forgetting something," I asked. She looked at me then at her son before laughing hysterically like I was Kevin Hart or somebody funny.

"Oh Artist didn't tell you did he? I have a job, which means I have work today. You and Artist are together so it's your responsibility to watch over your stepson when his real parents aren't able too. Anyways Artist told me to leave him here with you until he gets back. All his stuff is in the guestroom across the hall, be sure to give him That Children's Tylenol every two hours, and everything else is in the fridge. I'll be home around two thirty-ish or something," she informed me before planting a kiss on Austin's forehead and leaving out.

I threw my head back and stared up at the ceiling. Austin started making hissing sounds, so I looked down at him and smiled. He held his messy hands up to my face and I grabbed ahold of his wrist to keep him from touching me.

"You wanna get all cleaned up," I asked him. He nodded his head and hopped off the bed. I wrapped the sheets around my body and did the same. Quickly walking toward my closet I slipped into one of Artist's T-shirt. Just as I got it over my head, Austin came running in the closet laughing. I looked behind him to see Yaki crawling on the floor growling. She crawled closer to me and tried to look up my shirt but I kicked her away.

"Stop it, you virgin freak," I scolded. I picked Austin up and walked across the hall to the guest room to retrieve him some clothes. The ones he had on were now covered in pudding and a bunch of other junk food. Yaki followed behind me all while scoping the place out. This was her first time seeing my apartment and I knew she was amazed with the space.

"What are you doing on this side of town? Shouldn't you be stalking Kree or something," I teased sitting Austin on the bed. She flipped me off and stuck her tongue out. Austin copied her and ran out the room.

"That kid is so lit! You think Chanel's baby going to be that cool," Yaki asked. I shrugged my shoulders not wanting to talk about Chanel or her unborn baby. "We are studying today, because I need some serious help with a project," she added. I nodded my head.

"You didn't answer my question," I said side eyeing her. She rolled her eyes and plopped down on the bed.

"Ugh! It's Kree, so last night he Face time me. Girl I was so happy, I hurry and pressed that lime button. Anyways as soon as he saw my face on the screen, he frowned and just stared at me. So bitch I did the same thing. After like ten seconds of frowning and staring at each other he ended the shit. I honestly felt some type of way. I mean like who does some shit like that," she complained. I shook my head as I got Austin something to wear out.

"Did he say what he wanted," I questioned. She shook her head no.

"Nope! He's just so frustrating. Like I don't know what he wants. He's making me look like a thirsty bitch, when he's the thirsty one," she pouted.

"Don't get frustrated, just wait it out. And while you waiting it out, go put Austin in the tub for me so I can make some breakfast," I said. She frowned at me before disappearing out my bedroom. I grabbed a tank top and a pair of black high waist jeans along with my Victoria Secret under clothes before going to take my shower as well. I didn't plan on doing anything but going grocery shopping and relaxing today. Now that Austin was left with me, my plans had been interrupted.

Stepping out the shower I wrapped a towel around me and wiped the stem from the mirror. After lathering my body in Jergens lotion, I got dressed and walked into my bedroom. I could hear Austin and Yaki laughing in the other bathroom down the hall. Peeking in on them, I saw Yaki throwing the mini basketball into the tiny hoop that hung on the wall, right above the soap holder. Austin cheered her on when she made the shot.

"Yay! Again, again," he chanted. I chuckled and continued to watch, until my phone started to ring. I looked down at the unknown number and furrowed my eyebrows. Thinking it was a bill collector, I reluctantly answered.

"Hello," I answered deepened my voice.

"Uh c-can I speak to Money, I mean Mónéy," a familiar voice said. I raised my eyebrows and walked out the bathroom and down the hall. Whoever this was, sounded like they were about to cry.

"Uh may I ask whose calling?"

"It's her sister, Viviana. You know what don't worry about. Don't even tell her I called," she said, her voice cracking.

"Viviana, wait, wait, I'm here. It's me Mónéy, are you ok," I asked concern.

"No I'm not. I need a ride. I can't go back home and I can't stay here with him. He's being weird and he's trying to make me do drugs that I've never seen or heard of. Can you please come get me," she begged. I looked back at the bathroom door before rubbing my forehead. I couldn't just leave Austin here with Yaki, that would be wrong because he's a handful.

"Why can't you go home what happened," I asked. I heard talking in the background before she responded to me.

"I got into a big fight with my mom. Long story short I slapped her and they both kicked me out. I called my boyfriend but he's acting really weird now and I don't wanna be around him," she informed me.

"Why would you hit your mom? Do you know how much she cares about you," I scolded.

"Look are you coming get me or not," she questioned annoyed.

"Mónéy where are your towels," Yaki called from the bathroom.

"Viv hold on a minute."

"You know what, fuck it. I should've never called you anyways. I knew you weren't going to be any help," she snapped before I she hung up. I looked at the number she called from before going to my bedroom.

"Who was that," Yaki asked, holding Austin who was wrapped up in a towel. I looked at her and shook my head.

"My sister, look I know we were supposed to be going over some work but I'm not going to be able to get anything done right now," I informed her as I slipped on a pair of Pumas. She nodded her head and placed Austin on the bed.

"Its fine, I figured with little man running around you'd be busy. I got all weekend to do some research so no hard feelings," she said. I nodded my head and dialed the number that Viviana had just called me from. It rang a few times before it went straight to voicemail.

"Shit," I hissed. Yaki watched me intently as she got Austin dress for me.

"Mónéy what's going on," she asked.

"Can you ride with me somewhere?"

____________

"When you said hotel, I didn't know you literally meant hoe-tel," Yaki said disgusted. I looked at the hole in the wall, ratchet, roach, motel and the street walkers that hung out in front of it. Austin sat in the backseat, occupied by his IPad. I silently thanked God for that thing because the last thing I needed to hear was for his mama to run and tell Artist that I had their baby around prostitutes and pimps.

"Yaki please, now is not the time for your foolishness. I need to find Viviana's ass," I mumbled. I looked around the busy hotel and spotted Cinco rubbing on a barely clothed female. I felt my blood boil as I removed my seat belt.

"Stay here," I demanded as I got out the car. I strutted towards Cinco with my fist balled up. The girl he was rubbing on noticed me before he did. Her eyes widen and she rapidly tapped his shoulder. He looked slightly over his shoulder before turning all the way around. When he saw that it was me he rolled his eyes and the girl ran off.

"What the fuck do you want," he snapped.

"Where's Viviana at," I asked calmly. He laughed lightly before shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Who Viv, shit I don't know where she at. Maybe she went back home to her lame ass pops," he said looking around. I took a deep breath and tried to contain myself. It was taking everything in me not to pick up one of them bricks and beat his ass in the head til I saw blood. Just as I was about to slap his ass, Viviana ran out a hotel room looking beat up. I glanced over at her before kicking Cinco in the dick and punching him in the face.

Viviana tried to stop me but I was seeing red. I picked the brick up that I had been eyeing and proceeded to beat his ass in the face with it. I felt Viviana tugging on my arm but that didn't stop me from disfiguring Cinco's face. I heard him gasping for air and begging me to stop.

"Mónéy please," Yaki yelled. I stopped hitting his ass and threw the brick at him. She pulled me and Viviana, both away from his body. I knew he was still alive which angered me. I wished I had killed him. Yaki took my keys from me and pushed me in the passenger seat. I placed my hand on my forehead as I got prepared for her complaining.

"What the fuck was that all about," Yaki questioned as she drove away from the hotel. I ignored her and closed my eyes. She smacked her lips and glanced at Viviana through the rearview mirror.

"What happened to your face," Yaki asked Viviana. I looked at her through the rearview mirror and shook my head at the black eye and busted lip my sister had. Yaki had finally given up and stopped asking questions. I guess she realized that she wasn't going yo get an answer from neither of us.

We drove to Icy's house in silence. I grabbed Austin from the back seat and headed towards Icy's place. I didn't see his car in the driveway so I assumed it was probably parked in the garage. Yaki knocked on the front door while Viviana pulled her hood over her head and turned her back towards us. Austin squirmed in my arms and I took his tablet from his hands before placing him on the ground. The door opened and a distraught looking Chanel walked out.

"Damn I think this is the worst that I've seen you. What happened, Icy found out the baby wasn't his," Yaki questioned. I nudged her with my elbow and gave her a stern look. Chanel ran her hands through her hair and walked back inside the house. Yaki and I followed while Viviana leaned up against the side of the house with Austin.

"Viviana get yo ass in here," I snapped. I heard her groan before she appeared with Austin in her arms. I motioned for her to sit on the stairs and demanded that she not move. After grabbing Austin's hand we walked into the front room to see Yaki snickering at Chanel who was crying her eyes out. Austin let go of my hand and ran towards Chanel. He scrunched his face up and raised his hand to hit her.

"Hey little boy, you better not hit her. That's not nice," I scolded. He looked at me and frowned, before wobbling over to Yaki. She picked him up and kissed his cheek.

"It's ok buddy," she said soothingly. I folded my arms across my chest and walked over to Chanel. Part of me couldn't care less about her crying but then I remembered she was carry Icy's baby. No matter what her and I had going on, I would never put her child in harms way. I scooted closer to her and rubbed her back awkwardly.

"Uh its ok.......I guess," I said uncertain. Yaki covered her mouth to keep from bursting into laughing. Viviana came in the den followed by Danaë. Vivianan rolled her eyes and walked in front of me.

"Can we leave please," she asked rudely. Chanel picked her head up and looked at her before groaning and crying again. Viviana cut her eyes at her before looking back at me.

"Fuck is wrong with her," Danaë questioned as she shoved a piece of paper in her pocket. Yaki shrugged her shoulders and looked at me. I rolled my eyes and shook my head no. Danaë threw her hands in the air and pointed to me. I shook my head again and all eyes went on Viviana who was looking at us confused.

"What," she shrieked. I nodded my head towards Chanel and she made a gesture as her hand went under her neck and she moved it in a cutting motion. "I don't know that lady," she added before walking to the kitchen. I folded my arms across my chest and decided that I was going to be the one to ask her what was wrong since nobody else wanted to hear about her bullshit.

"Uh Chanel , w-what's wrong? Why are you messing up your pretty make-up," I asked trying to cheer her up. I placed my hand on her back again and rubbed it uncomfortably. She picked her head up and tried to wipe the mascara that was running down her face but she had missed a few spots.

"My doctor's appointment is in forty five minutes and Icy isn't here yet. I swear for M&Ms I'm going to cut his dick off when I see him. He ain't gon' be able to have no more kids after this one. Who leaves their pregnant baby mama alone at five something in the morning," she whined. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Obviously Icy does that," Yaki mumbled. I gave her the evil eye before looking at Danaë. She started to get fidgety before she got up from the couch and left out the den. I looked at Yaki who was staring at her as well. Viviana walked back into the den with a bag of chips. She crushed really loudly and dropped a few crumbs on the floor. Chanel frowned at her and looked at the crumbs on the floor.

"You're going to get every bit of that up. Who the fuck are you anyways," she snapped.

"The product of Hennessey and a couple of Mollys after a long night of rough sex," Yaki joked. Viviana mugged her before turning to Chanel.

"Viv, and you," she questioned. Chanel ignored her and picked her phone up. I watched as she frantically dialed Icy's number. After ringing twice, it went straight to voicemail. I tried to call him off my phone but got the same results.

"You know what fuck him, one of you are going to have to take me. I would go alone but the doctor told me I wasn't allowed to drive. I'm honestly not supposed to be on my feet or stressing but look at me," she ranted. Yaki quickly walked to the kitchen and I hopped up and followed. Viviana didnt bothered moving because she knew she wasn't going to take her anyways.

"Nope, I ain't doing it," Yaki said.

"Me neither," I whined. We both looked at Danaë who was all in her phone. She looked up at us and shook her head.

"That bitch is crazy, I refuse. Let Austin take her," she stated seriously. I rolled my eyes and sighed dramatically.

"Lets play rock, paper, scissors," Yaki suggested. Danaë and I agreed as we formed a circle and put our fist in our palm. Danaë won the first round with paper and was immediately eliminated. I groaned as I got prepared to beat Yaki in the final round.

"Rock! Paper! Scissors," Danaë called out. I had scissors while Yaki hand rock. I stomped my feet and groan, once I realized that I had to be the one to take Chanel to her doctor's appointment. I walked out the kitchen and made my way to the den to see Viviana helping Chanel into a pair of all white Yezzys sneakers.

"This is going to my first time in a long time wearing sneakers. I can't stand these things. Don't forget to triple tie the knot sweetheart," she told Viviana who was frowning. I slowly approached them and shoved my hands in the back of my jeans.

"I guess I'm going to be the one to take you to find out what you're having," I said pretending to be enthusiastic. She grinned sarcastically before shaking her head.

"I'm glad it's you. Danaë is very childish, I dont know that Yaki chick like that, Viv here is weird as fuck, and Kree is going to be looking at my vagina more than the ultrasound," she informed me. Viviana roughly pushed Chanel's feet to the ground.

"Correction, I'm cool as fuck, not weird," she snapped. I looked at the two of them before helping Chanel up from the couch. She was huge to be five months. I asked Danaë and Yaki to keep an eye on Viviana and Austin before I left. After we were in the car and buckled up, I headed towards Chanel's doctor's office. On the way their Chanel started asking me a bunch of questions. I didn't know if she was trying to spark a conversation or what but I was uninterested.

"Do you want any kids," she questioned as she rubbed her hand over her stomach. I swallowed the lump in my throat before shrugging.

"I don't know, one day maybe," I informed her. She nodded her head and looked out the window.

"Will Tyree be the father," she asked catching me off guard. I raised my eyebrows and glanced at her for a breif moment before looking back at the road.

"No, hell no! Why would you even ask that," I snapped. She looked at me like I was crazy before shrugging her shoulders.

"Mónéy you're really something special to him. I have no idea what you did and why he likes this for you but it's true. I could tell he loves you more than he loves me. The fact that its true should really fuck with me, but it doesn't anymore. It did at first but after a while I came to terms with it. I thought when I got pregnant I had the upper hand on every bitch that fuck with Icy but I was wrong. You've won," she admitted. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably as I continued to drive. Her words lingered around in my head the rest of the ride to her doctor's appointment.

I couldn't help but wonder if Icy had told her that. I was happy about the relationship that I was in right now but just the thought of having a chance with him made me rethink everything. I placed my hand on my forehead to calm my thinking brain down. When we got to the doctor's office, Chanel and I were led to the back where a room awaited. The lady told Chanel to sit tight before she left to get the doctor.

"Why are you so sure that I've won? What if neither of us won? Maybe there's a number three," I inquired. She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Let's not make this moment about you right now. I'm having a baby and I would like to find the gender out without talking about the faults of its father," she said tiredly. I nodded my head in understanding. After twelve minutes of awkward silence, the doctor finally arrived in the room. I was surprised that is was a woman then I quickly remembered who her baby daddy was, reminding me that I shouldn't be too surprised.

"Miss Davenport, how are you doing this morning," she asked as she smiled warmly at Chanel.

"Excited, very excited. I've waited five months for this moment and now it's finally here. I get to see what is growing inside of me, not that it really mattered anyway. I'd still love it regardless, I just need to know what I'm having," she said excitedly. The doctor smirked at her and shook her head disagreeing.

"Oh I assume your mother in law didn't inform you about her plan," the doctor asked. I looked a her confused and so did Chanel. "She informed myself and the hospital that you wanted to have a gender reveal party instead of finding it out at the doctor's office. Your mother in law was suppose to be the only one who knew, so she could throw it for you." Chanel rolled her eyes and let out a frustrated chuckle.

"I absolutely didn't know anything about this. Dang it I really wanted to know what my baby was," she pouted.

"You still can, in the next few weeks though. Is your mother in law present? I would like to show her the results," the doctor asked looking at me. Chanel threw her hands up in surrender before shaking her head.

"She's not here. Her husband had a speech at some college today and she couldn't make it. I guess you're just going to have to show me what it is and I'll relay the message," Chanel stated growing happy. I frowned at her but she simply waved me off and turned her attention to the doctor.

"Or we can just show this young lady and she can relay the message. Who are you to the patient," she questioned.

"Family friend," I answered rather quickly. She nodded her head and pulled out an envelope. I looked at the small white envelope before carefully ripping it open and looking at the ultrasound. My eyes lit up and my heart grew warm at the sight of the baby. I slid the ultrasound picture back into the envelope before putting the envelope in my bra. Chanel looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"I reckon you won't tell her the gender," the nurse questioned. I shook my head no as we exit the checkup room. Chanel pouted the whole way to the car and mumbled under her breath about how she should've let Danaë take her. I ignored her complaints and drove towards a fast food place. Icy was going to be so happy that he was having a baby, especially a little...........?

____________

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

Questions

1. What do you think Chanel's having?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 114 21
"He made me believe I was worthless and alone, I felt I did something wrong, and I deserved it." Those were the quotes to Nia's everyday life while b...
2.7K 88 33
A story filled with love, beauty, and pain. Read to find out...
1.6K 86 20
This is the kids story from a thug money and bitches. READ READ READ .. you must read the first store to keep up with the kids story
2.5K 79 14
19 year old Aaliyah Martinez is a troubled teen, her father died when she was 8. After the tragic death of her father Aaliyah's mother got hooked on...