When Opposites Collide (Forma...

By MackenziePaigeWilson

Channing Lewis has always been a tomboy. She mainly hangs around with guys, however does have 2 best girlfrie... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 5

9.7K 294 79
By MackenziePaigeWilson

Right now I am sitting in class with Derek and Morgan. Science a class all 3 of us can't stand. I'm currently looking at my nails and whistling in boredom, while Derek has fallen asleep and Morgan is looking at the book like it's an alien. He's not much of a reader. Out of nowhere Kira Khan appears in front of us with a big smile on her face. 

"Hi guys, would you all like to take part in the Science fair in 2 weeks time?!" She asks, very happy and optimistic.

"Kira, do we look like we have the goal of attending the Science fair? I was forced to come here to avoid flunking the entire year and repeating." I comment. 

"They said that to you as well?" Morgan asked and I nod. We look at Derek and see he is still fast asleep. 

"I'm assuming you'll get the same answer from him too." I say to Kira. She nods slowly before walking away. I go back to looking at my freshly pained nails and whistling and Morgan makes a spitball and starts aiming and shooting at people. The bell rings and I grab my bag and hit Morgan and look at Derek who hasn't moved. "What do you think?" I ask.

"Lets just leave him be. He looks like he could use the sleep." Morgan laughs and we leave Derek and walk out the classroom and head to lunch. We approach our table where Izzy sits with Nash, Archer and Chase.

"Where's Derek?" Chase asks.

"He fell asleep in Science so we left him." I respond sitting down, making Chase and Izzy laugh. I get a slight chuckle out of Nash and a smile from Archer? 

"You actually went to Science?" Izzy asks me.

"They threatened to make us repeat if we didn't. And I am not staying here any longer than I need to." I comment.

"I second that. Besides, we're good at Science." Morgan adds and I look at him.

"Morgan, I'm good at Science because I can get a C average, you got an E on your last exam." I remind him and he nods.

"Yeah an E means Excellent. Catch up Channing." He laughs, getting his lunch out, while I look at the 3 other people sitting with us, who are trying to contain their laughter. Derek eventually joins us, glaring at Morgan and I and then we are joined by Zeke, Tessa, Parker and Roman. 

"So, Channing your dad's back from his undercover?" Tessa asks.

"Yeah, he was there when I got home yesterday. I can't help but be suspicious though." I say.

"About what?" Chase asks.

"Well, as soon as my mum calls me yesterday, telling me she's going to be gone almost all week, my dad comes home a week earlier than expected. And they're probably going to get divorced in the next few months anyway." I comment.

"Can't you be optimistic about anything?" Izzy asks.

"My dad's a Detective and my mum's a doctor. No Izzy, I can't. I'm surprised they lasted this long to be completely honest." I continue. 

"So, what you think your mum might be seeing someone else?" Zeke asks.

"As much as I hate to admit it, yeah. I'm planning on doing a detour to the hospital today and just asking around." I say.

"What your just going to ask her colleagues if she's screwing some random guy?" Archer asks and we all look at him like he's an idiot. Even his friends give him the same look.

"No genius, I'm going to ask whether she's really been doing all these late shifts. If she hasn't then we know somethings going on." I answer.  

~*~*~*~*~

I pull up outside the hospital and walk in and head for the lift. I go to the 10th floor which is the one my mum works on and I head to reception where I see Claire. She smiles when she sees me, which I return.

"Well, well if it isn't Channing Lewis. What are you doing here?" She asks.

"Is mum here?" I ask and Claire shakes her head.

"No sweetie, she's been off for the past few days. Why what's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing, she just told me she was working today, maybe I misheard her." I say and she smiles and nods. "Anyway thanks Claire." I say before walking away. I text the others to come and meet me at my house and head home. Within 20 minutes everyone is here and we're currently laying in my room with Buster.

"So, she's been off for the past few days?" Derek asks.

"Yep. Now do you blame me for being suspicious?" I ask and they all shake their heads.

"Where the hell has she been then, if she hasn't been at work?" Tessa questions. I shrug my shoulder and there's a knock at my door and of course it's my dad. 

"Wow, are we having a party or something?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No, just hanging out. What's up?" I ask.

"Your mum is home, just thought I'd come and tell you. I'll leave you kids to it, but make sure you come down and say hello, she's missed you." He say and leaves. 

"Not enough apparently." I mutter. "I'll be back in a minute, you guys know where the mini fridge is, help yourselves to snacks." I say and walk out with Buster at my heels. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mum is currently standing with dad. They're arguing in hushed voices but stop when they see me. 

"Hey sweetie! This must be Buster, you dad mentioned you brought yourself a puppy." She smiles and Buster barks at her. 

"Yeah I did. Hey, where were you today?" I ask and my dad looks at me confused and so does mum.

"I was at work Channing, where else would I be?" She asks.

"That's funny, because I stopped by at the hospital today and you weren't there. Actually you haven't been there for the past few days." I comment. Her face immediately falls and my dad looks at her suspiciously. "What you didn't think I'd show up at one point?" I ask.

"I don't know who you spoke to at the hospital but they're wrong." She tries to cover up.

"What so Claire, your nearest and dearest friend who has helped manage you schedule for all but 13 years is lying?" I ask.

"How dare you show up at my work and ask where I am!" She snaps.

"So, it's illegal to come and see you at work now. Just own up, you weren't at work, so where the hell were you?!" I yell.

"I'm rather interested to know too, Evelyn." Dad comments. At this point, I can see all my friends making their way onto the hall to hear what she has to say. I'm the only one who can see them as my parents are on the other side of the kitchen. 

"Fine, I've been unhappy in this marriage for a while, so not only am I seeing someone else, I'm divorcing you and you can keep Channing." She sneers and heads for the door.

"Wow! So, I'm property now!" I yell and stop her from leaving. "I hope your happy with your new side piece, but I hope he knows once a cheater always a cheater." I comment and take my hand off the door allowing her to leave. She glares at me before leaving and I look at my dad, who looks broken. "Dad. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything." I say immediately feeling guilty.

"Yes you should have. This doesn't just affect me, it affects you as well. I just wish I was the one who had seen it and not you." He comments before walking outside to the garden. I look up at my friends who are all looking at me apologetically. 

"I'm going to take Buster out for a little while. You guys can stay or go, whatever you want." I say and they all hug me and leave. I get Buster's lead and take him for a walk. I don't know how long we were walking, but we eventually end up by a lake, which isn't too far from the dog park, but I don't know it enough to know how far exactly. I let Buster off and he charges for the water and I sit and watch him as he grabs twigs. Someone clears their throat and I look up and see Archer. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asks.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was out for a walk when I saw you come and sit down. Thought I'd come and say hi." He responds.

"You hate me why would you care to come and say hi?" I ask.

"I don't necessarily hate you. I mean your not my favourite person, but you were right when you said how I should be happy for Nash and Izzy. She's actually a really nice, cool girl and your group isn't all that bad either." He admits.

"Wow, Archer Walsh admitting he was wrong, never thought the day would come." I comment.

"Hey, I'm giving you a compliment here, take it while you can." He laughs. "So, I'm guessing you investigation turned out how you suspected?" He asks and I nod.

"I confronted her all but 30 minutes ago and she said, not only was she seeing someone else, she was divorcing my father and he could 'keep' me." I quote.

"Ouch, that must've stung." He replies.

"Not really. I mean it didn't feel great, but I was more hurt for my dad. He looked so broken when she walked out, I never once took his feelings into consideration when I confronted her." I admit.

"It's better he knew then walking around being played as a fool for any longer then he probably thinks he has." Archer comments and I look at him shocked before nodding. Wow, Archer is actually listening to me. 

"So, why are you out here by yourself?" I ask.

"Well, if you couldn't tell, I'm not much of a people person and I have 4 younger siblings who drive me crazy on a daily bases, so long, lonely walks are a good activity for me." He answers.

"I'm an only child, so I wouldn't know what that's like." I respond.

"Must be nice." He says and I shake my head.

"Not really. People think being an only child means, you have all the attention to yourself, but when your dad's a Detective and your mum's a doctor, I think you get less. Growing up was lonely, I had no one to play with when I got home from school accept the babysitter who practically raised me." I comment.

"Why didn't your parents have anymore kids?" He asks.

"No idea. Maybe because they already didn't have enough time for one, they didn't see the point in having another." I answer honestly. My phone buzzes and I see it's a text from my dad. "I have to go. I'll see you at school tomorrow?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah, I'll be there." He answers. I clip Buster's lead on and he goes up to Archer who gives him a fuss.

"What's his name?" Archer asks.

"Buster." I respond. "Hey thanks for listening to my sob story by the way, I know that was probably the last thing you wanted to go through."

"No, I asked. And you may not be as bad as I thought you were." He admits.

"Is that Archer Walsh admitting I'm tolerable?" I tease. 

"Don't get used to it." He points and I laugh. Wow, I'm actually laughing and it's Archer whose making me laugh. What is happening?

"Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow." I say and walk away with Buster and hear Archer say goodbye himself. I head home and time it was a 25 minute walk as I get to the door. I walk in and see my dad cooking in the kitchen and he smiles slightly when he sees me. 

"I'm glad we've already established whose taking care of this dog." He comments.

"Like I was going to ask you to do any of it." I say whilst sitting down on a bar stool. "Besides, he stays with Pam while I'm in school anyway." 

"Is Pam OK with that?" He asks.

"Pam whose a stay at home mum, with 6 children and 8 dogs? Yeah I think she's OK with it, I practically had to wrestle Buster away from her the first 2 days he stayed." I joke and he laughs, placing dinner in front of me and sitting on the stool next to me. 

"Look. I know you're here most of the time by yourself anyway, but now with your mother gone, it may be a little more than usually. I'm going to try and not do as many undercovers as I can, but I can't guarantee anything." He says and I nod.

"I get it dad, don't worry." I reply and he puts his hand on my shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

800K 26K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
1.4M 34K 49
Natalia is well Natalia. She's an average teenager who likes to party, have sex, and occasionally do drugs. With filthy rich parents she never has to...
293K 8.1K 78
Everyone falls in love with the bad boys! Why is it like that? But are the bad boys that bad? Maybe someone can bring out their good side? Will Baile...
1.5K 45 6
Started: September 28, 2023 Ended: Perth has made a rule for Engineering is that they can't date the Architecture because of a reason that happened b...