When Opposites Collide (Forma...

By MackenziePaigeWilson

Channing Lewis has always been a tomboy. She mainly hangs around with guys, however does have 2 best girlfrie... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 2

11.6K 322 136
By MackenziePaigeWilson

                                                                             Channing Lewis

After changing into my outfit the next morning, I walk down the stairs and head into the kitchen to make myself some breakfast before school. Whilst taking a bite of my toast I walk to my front door, looking to see if the post has been delivered and when I open the door I see letters and the newspaper. I grab them and walk back into the house, flicking through them to see if anything has come for me, but nothing. 

I grab my keys and bag before leaving and as usual, Zeke is outside my house waiting for me. We get to school and head inside as I tell him about the weird, creepy guy outside my house and how I was planning on getting a dog, which he totally agrees with. We open our lockers and grab what we need and the others soon join us, Izzy too like she said she would yesterday, but that doesn't stop Tessa from making a comment.

"Well, look who showed up today! The first time in 2 months she's actually came to our meeting spot!" Tessa comments.

"Tessa will you chill." I warn.

"I'm just curious, why little miss bookworm hasn't been meeting up with us for 2 whole months?" Tessa asks. Tessa seems slightly more bitchy today, which is never good for anyone. 

"I've been busy Tessa." Izzy responds, looking from Tessa to me, with pleading eyes. 

"With a new boyfriend?" Tessa asks. "What's the matter, you so ashamed of him you can't tell us?!" She snaps. I grab her arm and pull her away from Izzy.

"What part of chill don't you get? If she said she was busy, she was busy now leave the girl alone." I warn again. I let her arm go and close my locker before walking off with Chase and Derek and behind me I can hear Zeke and Morgan telling Tessa she deserved it. 

We all disband, Tessa and Chase heading to Spanish class, Morgan and Zeke heading to Music, leaving Derek, Izzy and I as we head to gym.

"What the hell got into Tessa and Izzy today, C?" Derek asks, pulling me slightly back so Izzy doesn't hear us. 

"We all know Izzy's been secretive the past 2 months. Tessa thinks Izzy has a boyfriend that Izzy isn't telling us about, which to be honest I can't say I disagree with. But, you know what Tessa's like when there's something she doesn't know about." I answer and he nods. He goes to the guys changing rooms and I go to the girls and get ready. We all then walk out and join together. 

As our teacher starts talking about what we're doing, I look over and see the schools bad boys. Nash Austin, Parker Chance, Roman Darcy and the worst of them all Archer Walsh. I see them laughing and talking amongst themselves and suddenly I catch Nash look our way. I frown and look towards Izzy and see she's look back at him with a smile on her face. I wack Derek and nod my head between them and he immediately notices and his face turns as shocked as mine does.

"Izzy and Nash?" Derek whispers. 

"No wonder she's been keeping it under wraps. Our little Izzy has bagged herself a bad boy." I whisper back and we both chuckle. Izzy turns and looks at us, with a confused look as tears begin to fall from our eyes, from trying to contain our laughter. Oh, Tessa is going to love this if she ever finds out. Our teacher tells us to get up and we do and I pull Izzy away and she looks at me funny.

"What?" She asks.

"Don't play dumb. You and Nash Austin, that little look you gave each other that even a blind old bat would be able to see." I comment.

"Was it that obvious?" She asks and I nod and Derek comes up behind me.

"Yeah, I saw it too." He says and Izzy groans.

"You guys can't tell anyone. Even his friends don't know and you know how much they'll make fun of him if they find out he's dating a nerd." She says.

"Sweetie, if he really likes you that much he won't care what they think. And if they're really his friends, they'll support him no matter who he dates." I comment and I can feel Derek nodding his head in agreement. "Look, I don't care who you tell or if you tell anyone, just don't let him take advantage of you." Derek and I walk away and he whispers to me.

"Do you really think he would take advantage of her?" He asks and I shrug.

"I've always learned anything is possible, especially when you put two complete opposites together." I answer. 

~*~*~*~*~

I take a bite of my sandwich as I listen to Tessa moan about the crappy supply they had in textiles today. Izzy isn't here, which obviously means she's with Nash, which only Derek and I know of course. Suddenly the conversation switches to me getting a new dog.

"So, when were you planning on going to the shelter Chan?" Chase asks.

"I was thinking of going today. Do you guys want to come?" I ask and they all nod their heads. 

"What dog are you looking to get?" Tessa asks. We've smoothed things over since this morning and we're back to normal.

"German Shepard or Rottweiler or Great Dane. A big dog, lets just say." I answer. Out of nowhere I see Izzy walk into the hall, with Nash close behind. She looks upset for some reason and looks over at me and signals for me to follow her. "Hey guys, I'll be back in a minute." I get up and walk of the hall and find her with Nash. He looks angry and she's sobbing. "Hey, why don't you take a step back." I say.

"This has nothing to do with you Lewis!" He yells and I push him away.

"She's one of my best friends. It is my business. What the hell is going on?" I ask.

"She opened her mouth about us." He sneers.

"No she didn't. You were the one who made it obvious you were a thing." I answer and he looks at me confused. "The look you gave her at Gym class today and when she got out of your car yesterday. Besides, why do you care if people know? If you really cared about her, you would want to show her off, you wouldn't be ashamed of it!" I exclaim. His face immediately softens.

"Iz, I'm sorry." He apologises.

"That's it? Your sorry? Please give the girl something else. And if you ever make her cry again, I'm going to knock your teeth down your throat. Are we clear?" I ask.

"We're clear." He answers and I nod and smile. 

"Izzy you know where to find me. You good?" I ask.

"I'm good." She assures me and I nod before going back to my table. 

~*~*~*~*~

We pull up at the animal shelter and I get out of my car. I walk over to the desk and a woman looks up and smiles.

"Hi, how can I help you?" She asks.

"I'm looking to adopt a dog." I say and she smiles. 

"Of course follow me. Any idea what your looking for?" She asks.

"A big dog. Breed isn't really an issue." I comment and she smiles nodding and she takes me to a set of kennels. I look at all the dogs and smile, they're all so cute. However when I get to one of the last kennels I see a dog that really catches my eye. It's sitting patiently looking out, and it's ears perk up when it sees me. The woman approaches me and smiles. 

"He's a youngster, only about 2 months old. Toilet trained and knows the basic commands. Found the poor little guy abandoned on the street when he was no more than 3 weeks old." She informs me.

"How has he been here this long?" I ask.

"Most people want little handbag dogs nowadays. When they hear how big he'll get they back out." She answers.

"I'll take him." I say and she smiles. 

"Perfect. If you would come with me to sign some paperwork and I'll get someone to come and get him ready for you." She says and I nod, walking away and signing the paperwork. As I finish it off, I see an employee bringing him in and when the pup sees me again he runs to me and I pick him up.

"Well, thank you Miss Lewis. I hope we found you your best friend." The woman smiles and I nod.

"Oh I think you did. Now, what will I call you?" I ask. "Buster?" I ask and he barks. "Buster it is then. Thank you." I say to the lady as I walk out. The gang say hello and I hand Buster to Zeke as I drive them all home. Finally it's just Buster and I and I pull up outside the house and see no one is home. I lead Buster inside and set everything up, like his food and water bowls, his bed, even though he'll probably sleep on mine, lets be real. 

I hang his lead up where we usually hang the keys and let him in the garden to explore. We have a lot of land which is great, so he'll never be tired. I have a few toys for him, but I can always go and get some tomorrow since it's now the weekend and I have all this time to bond with him. Our neighbour Pam also has dogs and is a stay at home mum, so she can always take care of him when I'm not home and he's never left by himself for an entire day. 

My phone buzzes and I see it's a text message from my mum. She won't be home tonight either? What the hell?! 

"Well Buster, it's just you and me." I say and he barks, before going back to running around and playing...Maybe Buster might like a friend soon? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Saved By ohyizzle

Teen Fiction

515K 12.3K 46
[Completed] {Book 1} Her life is a living hell. There's no doubt in that. People think her life's rainbows and unicorns, but in reality it's hell...
800K 26K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
468K 12.7K 34
(Under Major Editing) Camila Diaz is a nerd. No need denying it. Everyone knows, Camila knows, her friends know, her school knows, hell even her mom...
398K 10.2K 34
Rachael O'Neil is 17, starting her senior year in high school. She moves from England to California. She isn't the happiest about it, but she isn't k...