Black Butler Fanfic: Dangerou...

By Cyniccarmen

A Sebastian X Reader fanfic. In the story, you're an assassin sent by your master to kill Ciel Phantomhive. S... More

The mission
The red-eyed butler
The Phantomhive ball
Waltz with the devil
The butler: A challenge
The Devil's prey
Devil's game
Game over
Demon butler
Midnight encounters
The banquet

The new maid

73 6 0
By Cyniccarmen

Author's note: Hello there everyone~I've tweaked the way I write this story a little bit~I try writing it in a first person point of view to give it a more "personal" feel. Do you guys think it's weird for the story to be written in this style? Do let me know if you all think it's weird, I'll make some adjustments. Happy reading everyone~^^

==========================================================

"Here is where you will be living from now on. This is Meyrin, I'm sure both of you remember the first encounter." With that smile on his face, the butler show me to my room and "introduces" me to my roommate. I turn to the red-haired girl and hold out my hand for a handshake. "My name is Y/n, nice to meet you." She's busy gawking at the butler but quickly turn back to me and clutches my hand with both her hands and beam excitedly at me. "Ah, I'm Meyrin! Nice to meet you! Finally, I'm not lonely in the dorm anymore!" The butler's smile got wider. "Well, looks like both of you are getting along well. Please get some good rest so that you will be prepared for tomorrow. Good night, ladies." "Oh, good night and sweet dreams Sebastian." I can see the clear shade of pink on Meyrin's cheek even after the butler leave the room.

"You seem to like him a lot." I said to Meyrin while taking out some sheets from the cupboard. Her face instantly turn red." "Oh, no. I mean yes, I like Sebastian but no...it's not like that..." I chuckle at her reaction and pat her on her shoulder. "You're being too obvious, Meyrin." She gasped and cling onto my arm with a worried expression. "Do you think it's very un-ladylike?" I look to her face and smile. "Then what exactly is considered ladylike then?" She plop down to her bed and let out an annoyed groan. I lightly laugh at her behaviors and walk into the bathroom to wash up before going to bed.

I scrub off all the dirt and managed to patch myself up for some of the older wounds I had days ago. Looking into the mirror, I see my body covered in scars. "Guess a body like this is definitely not ladylike." I sigh and put on my night gown. Crawling up the bed, I saw Meyrin already sound asleep on her bed. Staring up at the ceiling, I suddenly have this weird feeling. For the first time ever, I feel at ease, but it still feels weird. I've been trained to be guarded at all times. Like the saying goes, I need to sleep with your eyes open. And I didn't have a place to call home. I was just sleeping at random places throughout the years of working as an assassin as it's basically suicide for an assassin to be living permanently at one place. And now, I'm living here, together with a group of people that can kill any intruders in a blink of an eye. Tho they're definitely a weird bunch to me but at least I'm not on my own anymore.

"Having trouble sleeping? Y/n." I turn to see Meyrin rubbing her eyes. "It will take some time. I couldn't sleep when I first came here years ago. Don't worry, we look after each other in the Phantomhive household. Besides, we have Sebastian around, he can handle everything." "Meyrin, can I ask you something?" "Hmm? Go ahead." I turn to to face her. "Why do you like Sebastian so much?" She cover her face with her blanket and instantly go into her fangirl mode. "Well, you see, Sebastian is such a perfect person. He's handsome. He can do basically anything, ANYTHING under the sun. And he's always a calm and collected gentleman. He took me in when I was lost...and he gave me purpose and the will to live. It's not everyday that you get to meet such perfect gentleman." Meyrin hide in her covers again. "I see. Then he really sounds like a perfect man then...so perfect...that it's inhuman." I turn to look at the ceiling and think about the conversation we had at the basement. "Did he just admitted to being a demon? But why is a 12 year old boy getting himself involved with a demon? Or is he just messing with my mind?" Slowly giving into the tiredness, I fall asleep moments later.

Sebastian's POV:

Guess the coming days will be fun...now that the lovely little kitten has joined the Phantomhive household. Finally, someone that's not such a bore. "Good morning, Sebastian." I turn to see Baldroy and Finnian walking into the kitchen while yawning. "Good morning, gentleman. Please remain at the kitchen after breakfast while I tend to the young master's morning routine. I will introduce a newcomer to all of you in a short while." Clearly excited at the news, the two started to pester me with questions. "A newcomer? Is it a girl? Is she pretty? I hope she's pretty, right Finny?" "Well I hope she likes flowers." Lighting up a cigarette, Baldroy starts his shameless boast again. "Guess it's my time to shine as the head chef. Our newcomer shall be impressed by the Phantomhive standards! And if the newcomer turns out to be a lady..." Probably enjoying himself in his wild imagination, a slight shade of pink appears on his cheek. "Baldroy, you might scare the newcomer away with a face like that tho..." Finnian, being his tactless self, pulls Baldroy out from his imagination. Ignoring the two, I push the cart of breakfast and tea towards the young master's room. The sooner I settle that bratty young master's needs, the sooner I get to have fun with the little kitten.

"But don't you think Sebastian is acting a little weird tho?" "He's always a little weird!" Still angry from Finnian's comment, Baldroy replied in a grumpy tone. "No, Sebastian looks...unusually...happy? He's even humming a song while sending breakfast to the young master. He's never done that before." Scratching his head, Finnian grab a piece of bread from the basket of pastry on the table and continues to wonder about the butler's unusually cheery demeanor.

Y/N's POV:

Looking into the mirror, I place a lacy headband on my head and secure it over my ponytail. Dressed in the black and white maid uniform, the first thing I notice is the inconvenience of the heavy frills and dresses can cause while fighting. Throwing a few punches in the air, I can feel the inflexible fabric limiting my movements. "I'm hating this already." Then, a few knocks on the door came into my ear. Before I can get to the door knob, Meyrin sprints across the room and open the door. I was dumbfounded at first but instantly figured out her bizarre behaviors once I saw the familiar face standing outside the door. "Good...good morning, Sebastian." Meyrin greets him in her bashful voice. "Good morning ladies." With a smile on his face, the butler replies with the same greetings. His gaze quickly move towards me, like he's completely uninterested in the starry-eyed Meyrin. "Are you ready, Y/n? I shall introduce you to the rest of the household before you start your work." I slightly bow and give him a curt reply. "I'm ready." He then gesture me to follow him and Meyrin happily walk beside him and babble away as we walk towards the kitchen.

I maintain my distance at the back but the butler will always look over his shoulder with his usual smirk. I am certain that he's not trying to make sure I'm not lost in the vast mansion. His eyes, they always give out a slight glint of madness. So slight that only a trained assassin like me is able to read yet that small glint is disturbing enough to send chills down my spine everytime I lock eyes with him. Those eyes convey nothing but pure evil. And his questionable attitude when I asked him about his identity, this man...if he's a man at all...must be avoided at all cost! Arriving at the kitchen, he claps lightly, drawing the attention of the servants. "Your attention please, this is the new maid of the Phantomhive household. Her name is Y/n, L/n." I approach the group and bow before introducing myself. "This is Baldroy, our head chef; Finnian, our gardener; Tanaka-san, our deputy butler and lastly; Sebastian Michaelis, and I'm the head butler of Phantomhive household." I quickly memorized the names and faces. "Getting them to like you will probably smooth things a bit." I thought to myself and put up the best smile I manage to give.

"Well then, let's get to work everyone." He then started to delegate the work to the servants and finally turn to me. "Now, Y/n, please come with me." I follow from behind but he stops abruptly and look at me and flash me a smile. "Don't be too caught up with the formalities, Y/n. Besides, it will be much easier for me to talk to you if you can walk beside me." I nodded and quietly walk beside him. "Say, Y/n. You are able to read, I presume?" He push open two large mahogany doors to reveal a giant library with rows and rows of bookshelves. You can't help but to gawk at the amount of books. "Our young master is an avid reader, and he has quite a broad interest in various topics. Nonetheless, he's especially interested in genres like thriller and crime investigation. Your work here is to arrange the books in order by following the genre and the author's last name. For classical collections like these, you..." The butler waves his hand in front of me, diverting my attention back to him. "Please pay close attention, Y/n." I apologize and he continues his words and I slowly find myself looking at the interesting titles of each book. Then, the servants bell ring, indicating the young master's summon for the butler. "I'll leave here for you, Y/n/"

Sebastian's POV:

Knocking at the door, I feel the excitement surge at the thought of meeting her. I wonder how she'll look in a maid's dress. I'm greeted by Meyrin, but my eyes are instantly drawn to her. Despite being in a maid's dress, she still exudes an aura of aloofness. Lovely. And I didn't know she's capable of such bright and warm smile that makes everyone melt. That smile is certainly stunning for a fake one. And of all the luxurious antiques and furniture within the mansion, she's gawking at nothing but the books in the library. She is one weird human...but I like her. "You called for me, young master?" Standing outside the young master's office, I knock on the door and ask for my permission to enter. "Come in." The young master is currently playing with loads of toys at his desk. "Put this into the Funtom Christmas special series, but tell the manufacturers to get rid of the ugly color combination. And these, get rid of them." Taking the bunch of toys from him, I smile and responded to his requests. "By the way, how's the newcomer?" Now playing with the darts on his table, the young earl asks. "She's doing well and seems to be fast at reading her surroundings." Catching the darts thrown at me, I maintain the smile on my face while the young earl seems to get more pissed off by this. "You look like you're enjoying it more than you should. Tch, anyway, I want chocolate lava cake for my afternoon tea later." In a single throw, all the darts are attached to the bullseye of the dartboard on the wall. "Understood. If you don't have anymore request, I shall excuse myself."

Y/n's POV:

Probably due to my love for books, I manage finish the work very quickly. Noticing the dust, I started to dust off the shelves and take out a few books to read if the title catches my attention. "Enjoying the work Y/n?" Peeking over my shoulder, the butler's sudden appearance causes me to jump in surprise. Picking up the book I drop, he place it back to the shelf. "A book lover, I presume." Slightly embarrassed, I simply replied a soft "yes" while looking away. He look around and is impressed by my efficiency. "You seem to have a flair in this, you probably have a huge collection of books at home, I reckon?" "No. I've only own one book. A book I received when I was 12 and I read it again and again." His eyes widen in surprise but went back to his usual poised expression very quickly. "I'm sure the young master wouldn't mind you come in for a read occasionally." "Really?" Realizing my excitement may be inappropriate, I quickly compose myself to hide my happiness. His smile widen and nodded at my question.

"Now that the work here is done, I think you should follow me to the kitchen then." He started walking out but stop to look back at me. Suddenly remembering to walk beside him, I quicken my pace. "Excuse me for my comment but this habit of yours is really interesting, Y/n. Mind I ask if you're trained to do this since young?" I look down, wondering if I should tell him the truth and just play dumb. "It's not part of my training." I can feel his eyes on me and so I continue. "I like to use daggers and short knives for my missions. I normally go for the throat as it is a vulnerable point. But everyone is different and hence the bone structure is different as well. So, by looking at the nape of people's neck, I'll be able to figure out the exact spot that will allow me to make a clean and fatal cut." Looking back at him, the butler stares at me with an admiring smile. "In my opinion, you are one peculiar man as well. People would normally feel disgusted and avoid me after finding out the reason behind my habit." He chuckles at my words. "Rest assured, Y/n, that I'm not disgusted at all. In fact, I'm pretty impressed that you are so meticulous when it comes to perfecting your skills. Carrying out our work while maintaining elegance and grace is definitely one of the traits prized in this household."

"Then you must have found the spot that will allow you to slice through my throat?" Suddenly cornering me to the wall, he stare into my eyes with his scarlet red orbs. I've definitely been much more closer to the opposite sex when I slit their throats, but this sudden closeness with this mysterious man makes my cheeks feel warm and my mind disoriented. Refusing to give in to his teasing, I inch closer to his face and reach into his collar to touch his neck. "Yes, I did. It's somewhere...around here."

"Sebastian~~!! Help me, the laundry is in a mess!" Meyrin run up the stairs while yelling, causing the butler to move away from me and attend to the flustered maid. I let out a sigh of relief and sneak my way to the kitchen to be away from the butler.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 4.7K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
483K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
673K 33.9K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
617K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...