The new maid

Author's note: Hello there everyone~I've tweaked the way I write this story a little bit~I try writing it in a first person point of view to give it a more "personal" feel. Do you guys think it's weird for the story to be written in this style? Do let me know if you all think it's weird, I'll make some adjustments. Happy reading everyone~^^

==========================================================

"Here is where you will be living from now on. This is Meyrin, I'm sure both of you remember the first encounter." With that smile on his face, the butler show me to my room and "introduces" me to my roommate. I turn to the red-haired girl and hold out my hand for a handshake. "My name is Y/n, nice to meet you." She's busy gawking at the butler but quickly turn back to me and clutches my hand with both her hands and beam excitedly at me. "Ah, I'm Meyrin! Nice to meet you! Finally, I'm not lonely in the dorm anymore!" The butler's smile got wider. "Well, looks like both of you are getting along well. Please get some good rest so that you will be prepared for tomorrow. Good night, ladies." "Oh, good night and sweet dreams Sebastian." I can see the clear shade of pink on Meyrin's cheek even after the butler leave the room.

"You seem to like him a lot." I said to Meyrin while taking out some sheets from the cupboard. Her face instantly turn red." "Oh, no. I mean yes, I like Sebastian but no...it's not like that..." I chuckle at her reaction and pat her on her shoulder. "You're being too obvious, Meyrin." She gasped and cling onto my arm with a worried expression. "Do you think it's very un-ladylike?" I look to her face and smile. "Then what exactly is considered ladylike then?" She plop down to her bed and let out an annoyed groan. I lightly laugh at her behaviors and walk into the bathroom to wash up before going to bed.

I scrub off all the dirt and managed to patch myself up for some of the older wounds I had days ago. Looking into the mirror, I see my body covered in scars. "Guess a body like this is definitely not ladylike." I sigh and put on my night gown. Crawling up the bed, I saw Meyrin already sound asleep on her bed. Staring up at the ceiling, I suddenly have this weird feeling. For the first time ever, I feel at ease, but it still feels weird. I've been trained to be guarded at all times. Like the saying goes, I need to sleep with your eyes open. And I didn't have a place to call home. I was just sleeping at random places throughout the years of working as an assassin as it's basically suicide for an assassin to be living permanently at one place. And now, I'm living here, together with a group of people that can kill any intruders in a blink of an eye. Tho they're definitely a weird bunch to me but at least I'm not on my own anymore.

"Having trouble sleeping? Y/n." I turn to see Meyrin rubbing her eyes. "It will take some time. I couldn't sleep when I first came here years ago. Don't worry, we look after each other in the Phantomhive household. Besides, we have Sebastian around, he can handle everything." "Meyrin, can I ask you something?" "Hmm? Go ahead." I turn to to face her. "Why do you like Sebastian so much?" She cover her face with her blanket and instantly go into her fangirl mode. "Well, you see, Sebastian is such a perfect person. He's handsome. He can do basically anything, ANYTHING under the sun. And he's always a calm and collected gentleman. He took me in when I was lost...and he gave me purpose and the will to live. It's not everyday that you get to meet such perfect gentleman." Meyrin hide in her covers again. "I see. Then he really sounds like a perfect man then...so perfect...that it's inhuman." I turn to look at the ceiling and think about the conversation we had at the basement. "Did he just admitted to being a demon? But why is a 12 year old boy getting himself involved with a demon? Or is he just messing with my mind?" Slowly giving into the tiredness, I fall asleep moments later.

Sebastian's POV:

Guess the coming days will be fun...now that the lovely little kitten has joined the Phantomhive household. Finally, someone that's not such a bore. "Good morning, Sebastian." I turn to see Baldroy and Finnian walking into the kitchen while yawning. "Good morning, gentleman. Please remain at the kitchen after breakfast while I tend to the young master's morning routine. I will introduce a newcomer to all of you in a short while." Clearly excited at the news, the two started to pester me with questions. "A newcomer? Is it a girl? Is she pretty? I hope she's pretty, right Finny?" "Well I hope she likes flowers." Lighting up a cigarette, Baldroy starts his shameless boast again. "Guess it's my time to shine as the head chef. Our newcomer shall be impressed by the Phantomhive standards! And if the newcomer turns out to be a lady..." Probably enjoying himself in his wild imagination, a slight shade of pink appears on his cheek. "Baldroy, you might scare the newcomer away with a face like that tho..." Finnian, being his tactless self, pulls Baldroy out from his imagination. Ignoring the two, I push the cart of breakfast and tea towards the young master's room. The sooner I settle that bratty young master's needs, the sooner I get to have fun with the little kitten.