Midnight encounters

Author's note: Hello everyone~I had fun writing this chapter, mainly because I enjoy making Sebastian a huge teaser and making reader-chan all flustered and shy~!^^ I hope you all will like this update and look forward for the next one~Happy reading everyone^^)/

=================================================

Walking towards the kitchen, I gently massage my temples to ease my nerves. He sure enjoys making people all flustered. Turning into the corner, an unexpected explosion from the kitchen sends me flying a few feet from the ground. Thanks to my quick reflex, I am able to shield my head from the debris. Sitting up, I see the head chef laying on a pile of broken walls and bricks. Feeling worried, I quickly rush to his side and help him up. I keep my guard up and scan the surroundings for intruders. "Are you alright? Can you run? Please inform the head butler and make sure the young master is safe. I'll take care of the things here." He grab me by the arm before I run off to survey the surroundings. "Don't worry. It's nothing big...just...some minor accident when I was cooking." Puzzled, I stare at him for a moment. The chef sit up and dust off the layer of soot on his uniform and face and flash me an embarrassed smile. "Well, you know, I was trying to cook the meat with the flamethrower. Things got a little messy and so this happened. But I'm sure I was close to success if not for that minor mistake!"

My eyes widen in surprise and I open my mouth but is lost for words. "You...you tried to cook with a flamethrower? Isn't it a bit too dangerous tho?" Folding his arms before his chest, the head chef started to boast his "work of art" and his culinary expertise in putting the beauty of fire and explosion into cooking. Without a word, I walk away from the chef and started cleaning up the mess. "He...hey, you need to learn to appreciate the beauty of explosion." I roll up my sleeves and start removing the pile of rocks and broken walls. "Is there even a sane person in this household? Is this what I just got myself into?" I thought to myself while scrubbing the soot off the kitchen floor. "You...what happened to your arms?" I look up to see the chef staring at the numerous scars that on my arm but he quickly realized the inappropriateness of his question. "Oh...I'm sorry for being so rude. It's just, I thought...it might be painful for you to do so much work..."

"Oh...you know. I was an assassin so cuts and bruises are pretty common." I smile and continue my work. The head chef stayed silent as he look at me with a hint of sympathy on his face. "Baldroy, did you use the flamethrower again?" The head butler walk up to the chef after he saw the mess. "Well, you see, Sebastian, I made some minor mistake and things just blew up. I swear I was close to making the most delicious steak..." Facepalming at the chef's ridiculous excuse, the butler dismiss him and started the cleaning. "Y/n" The butler call for me. "Can you please help me get me the things on this list? A guest is visiting tomorrow and I need them for the dinner. I'll take over the work here." Handing me a list and some money, the butler look at me with his usual smile...as if he has completely forgotten his flirtatious behavior minutes ago.

Sebastian's POV:

Her fingers found their way into my collar, touching my neck. Her touch gives me this tingling sensation that makes me craving for more. I was ready to carry this forward but the annoying screech of Meyrin completely spoiled the moment. Or did she just saved me from losing my composure? This is weird, I have never been so mesmerized by a mere human. Everything about her seems to draw me in. Guess I'm just bored these days, her existence may have provided some excitement. Guess I'll just have fun before the boredom sets in again, just like everyone else. "Meyrin, it says 3 spoons of detergent not 30 spoons." The maid stare closely at the packaging, still wondering what went wrong with the laundry. "Please go clean up the hallway, I'll take care of the laundry."

Putting the last piece of laundry on the washing line, I let out a sigh when I hear an explosion from the kitchen. "Here we go again." Arriving at the "kitchen", I saw Baldroy staring intently at Y/n, particularly her arms. Her arms, they're covered in scars, probably the result from her past as an assassin. I march in and walk up to Baldroy, blocking his view of her. After dismissing the chef, I turn to hand her a list to make her be away from the mansion while I fix the kitchen. Staring at me with her e/c orbs, she stood there for a few seconds, like she's expecting something else from me before going off to run her errands.