Demon butler

Author's note: Hi there everyone, I know I know~This is super duper late~I put this story on hold because I couldn't get myself to continue and have absolutely idea how I can continue this story well enough~Even if you guys gave up waiting, I understand~I still thank you for the interest in my story. As for those who waited all this while, no worries, I'm back~! *bows* Thank you so much for your patience >< and I'll work harder~Look forward for the next chapter, it will be up in a few days, promise~!

===============================================================

Y/n's POV:

His other hand, grabbing my neck, ready to break it at any moment. I had no choice but to drop the knife. "That's a good girl." He said. Then, his hand swiftly squeezed my mouth open and took the poisonous pill I had in my mouth to commit suicide in case the mission fails. "Ah, just like what I expected." "Sebastian..." The earl called out to his butler. The earl whispered something in his ears and ordered him to take me to the basement. So, Sebastian, is his name. All my weapons are taken away from me and I was brought to the basement...with both my hands locked in chains.

"Now my dear, tell me your real identity and the person behind this." Sebastian lifted y/n's chin and asked her. Y/n merely looked at him, deadpanned. "Well, I do not expect you spill everything so easily anyway. It will be no fun if you did. Before I go, I'll give you an offer...my master would like to recruit you as the Phantomhive servant." As you may have known, all the others didn't made it back alive from this mission. Your skills and bravery is what the master needs...rest assured that when you're under the Phantomhive's wings, even your previous master will not be able to hurt you."

"I'm no different from the others, do whatever you want, I will not accept the offer." Y/n said. Sebastian smirked at this. "I must say, by far, you are the one that have survived the longest. No one, from your group is able to get through Meyrin's attack. Not to mention for being able to nearly kill my master, for the second time." Please, take your time to consider my master's offer." With that, Sebastian left the basement.

I thought about what the butler said and gave out a small laugh.

Sebastian's POV:

As usual, I went down the basement to check on "our guest". Taking out a tray full of food, I stare at her. Laying on the layers of straw, she stayed motionless. "It's been the third day that you've been refusing to take any food. Are you planning to starve yourself to death?" My question is met with silence. With her usual deadpanned expression, she started to twirl the straw around her. My patience quickly running out and yet I also felt something else. I wonder, what other expressions will she make with that face. Or rather, what can I do to make her show other expressions aside from this.

Setting the tray on the ground, I slowly approach her. "If you do not take the food, I will have no choice but to force it down your throat." Unfazed by my warning, she continues to play with the straw in her hand. Grabbing her wrist, I yank her up and got hold of her neck so that I can stare her in the eye. "Listen here, lady. I think it's a little disrespectful of you to act in such manner when you're under the hospitality of others. You do not want to get on my bad side...because I will not hesitate to end your life." With a smile on her face, she inch closer to my face. With a slightly raspy voice, she whisper into my ear: "Then do it."

In a few swift movements, I'm pinned to the ground and she strangle me with the chain from her shackles. Amused, I decided to play along. After a few seconds, I pretend to lay lifelessly on the ground with my eyes wide open. She checked on my pulse and breathing to make sure she killed me. Satisfied with her work, she pick up the set of keys from my pocket and unlock the shackles and the door. I sit up after she ran away. "My my, you really got a lot up in your sleeve, my dear. This is bad, I'm enjoying this more than I should." Bending the grille with ease, I walk out to find the kitten on loose.

Y/N's POV:

Probably the result of starving for three days, I find my vision getting blurry while running towards the exit. But now it's not the time to care about hunger. I must get myself out of here! Reaching the stairs, I stop in my tracks as my surrounding is suddenly covered in darkness. Fire from the all sconces are diminished in an instant. Unsure of what is happening, I quickly remain close to the nearest wall. Then, I hear footsteps coming from behind...indicating someone is approaching. Not wanting to waste any time, I slowly find my way up the long spiral staircase while staying close to the wall. The footsteps continue to follow me from behind but the speed remain the same. It's as if the person is certain that I'll never be able to get away...and is currently toying my feelings.

Reaching out my hand, I managed to find one of the scone attached to the wall. Pulling out the torch, I hold it on my hand as a weapon. I continue my way up while staring down the flight of stairs, anticipating the owner of those footsteps to appear at any moment. Odd enough, the footsteps stopped. "Having fun my little kitten?" The awfully familiar voice came behind me. Almost like a reflex, I swing the torch in my hand towards the butler. He grab onto the torch with inhuman strength. Taken aback by all these, I still kept my cool. I let go of the torch and punch him hard in the stomach and kick on his shin to knock him down. Although I am sure I hit him really hard, he did not even move an inch from all the blows. Crushing the torch in his hand to pieces, he started to approach me. Rays of moonlight creep through the window and illuminates the dark figure before me. With an eerie smile, his eyes flashes a dangerous scarlet red. "I must admit, that your abilities amazes me." Cornering me towards a wall, he bars my exit with both his arms placed on the wall on each side of my head. "But, you're just a human after all."

"Who...no...what are you?" For the first time ever, I find myself trembling in fear. I'm sure I killed him just now...I checked his pulse as well...He was...dead. "Are you sure you would like to know?" His face inches away, he stare into my eyes. And now, I am able to see his eyes clearer. It's a strange shade of red...and something...something like a flame is swirling in his eyes. I've never seen anyone with those eyes. No, actually I've seen one person with those eyes...but it's not the scarlet shade like his. He reach out to tuck the loose strands of hair away from my face and tilt my head to face him. "Now that I'm looking at you up close, you seem like a beautiful human specimen. It will be such a waste for a beautiful creature like you to die so quickly.""Are you...a demon?" His hand swiftly move towards my neck, lightly choking me after the question. "Tch...tch...I didn't expect you to figure this out so quickly. Guess the fun is over..." I close my eyes, thinking that this is how my life will end.

With a click a his fingers, the lights came on again. Releasing me from his grip, he tells me to follow him up the stairs. Arriving at the huge room, he knocks on the wooden door. "Young master, she's here." Moments later, a young voice responded. "Bring her in." Opening the large wooden door, the butler gesture you to enter. Standing before the window, the young earl looks at me with icy cold stare, with one of his eyes covered with a black eye-patch. "Why isn't she chained?" The young earl turn to the butler behind you, in a commanding tone with slight hint of displease. "Well, I figured that the lady here already understood our purpose of having her here. Besides, we had a little "conversation" just now and I believe I've made the rules of the Phantomhive household CLEAR enough." With the usual smirk on his face, the butler responded to his master's displeasure without a single hint of reverence that is common between a master and a servant. The young earl look back at you and slowly walk towards you. "What's your name?" "Y/n, L/n"

"Tell me, Y/n, do you want to come under the Phantomhive's wing?" I ponder about the question. If I refuse the offer, this will definitely be the end for me. It's clear now, I'll never be able to defeat that butler. Even if I do manage to escape, the master will be hunting for me. All failed assassins will be disowned and killed. It's either you do it yourself or the organization will hunt you down.

"I'll accept the offer."

The young earl smirked and walk back to his seat. "Very well, that's all I need to hear. Sebastian, show her to the dorm and prepare her for the job." The butler come forward and bow to the earl.

"Yes, my lord."