The butler: A challenge

Your eyes are glued on the earl, not realizing that a pair of devilish eyes lurking in the dark...After some time, you saw the earl leaving the ball with his butler accompanying him. Your chance is here! You swiftly followed the pair...and then you saw them entering one of the rooms. Carefully, you inch towards that room without making a sound. You hid yourself in a dark corner while planning your next move. Then, you heard the door open and the butler came out with the earl's clothes.

You then place your ears on the wall, making sure that the earl is asleep. Hearing no sound, you slowly inch towards the door. Reaching towards the knife latched on your tights, you slowly turn the door knob. Through a small opening, you saw the earl laying in his bed, facing away from the door. "Perfect" you thought to yourself. You quickly entered the room without making a single sound and slowly walk towards the earl.

Standing beside the earl's bed, you raised your knife ready to stab the earl to death. Suddenly, you stopped, a hunch in you us telling you that something is off...These all seemed too easy...suddenly sensing someone behind you, you swing the knife but your hand is tightly gripped by that person. Even with only the moonlight, you're able to recognize that face. It is none other than the red-eyed butler...with that smirk that you're starting to hate.

With a dagger in another hand, you tricked him by pretending to stab the earl. His grip loosened and you gave him a kick. You quickly went towards the window and crashed your way out. Lucky for you, you landed on some bush and it managed to cushion you from taking in all the impact of falling despite giving you lots of scratches and cuts. Without wasting any time, your eyes are looking for a place to hide. You are not planning to flee...there's no giving up...either you carry out your mission...or you die...that's what you've been repeatedly told by the group.

Fleeing did not cross your mind...in fact, you actually found yourself enjoying the adrenaline rush...It's been a while since you've encountered such challenge. You quickly found yourself a secluded corner in the garden...you tried to figure out your next move...