All I Ever Wanted (Hunter Hay...

By smiles234

Shelby and Hunter have been best friends from the beginning. Hunter gets back with his ex girlfriend, Amber... More

All I Ever Wanted (Hunter Hayes Fanfiction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Authors Note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors Note
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors Note
Chapter 20
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Authors Note
Chapter 27
Authors Note
Chapter 28
Authors Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 33
Authors Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Authors Note
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Author's Note
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Author's Note
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Authors Note
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author's Note!
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Authors Note
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author's Note
Chapter 75
THE END!!
Author's Note!
Author's Note!

Chapter 48

731 14 0
By smiles234

-Shelby's POV-

This is the day. This is the day!! I cant believe that I am actually graduating today!

I look at myself in the mirror of my room, studying everything that I am wearing. Under my gown, I am wearing a white dress that stops right above my knees, and a pair of black heels. I have Hunter's necklace on-which I have worn everyday since he left-and a pair of sliver earrings. My dark brown hair is straightened, cascading down to my lower back. Now, if you know me, you know that I never get dressed up. But, my mom insisted on it since its graduation.

Sitting down on my bed, I picked up my phone to check the time. I have 30 minutes until I have to leave, so I sit back, relax, and just think.

I think about the night that Hunter left. That whole day was so fun, and amazing! The presents he gave me were heartfelt. Presents. He gave me more than one present!

I jumped out of bed, rememebering the card thathe gave me. I haven't opened it yet. I completely forgot about it after we left the airport! What did it say?!

I raced over to the jacket that I had worn to the airport that night, and stuck my hand in the left pocket, searching for the peice of paper. Once I got a hold of it, I pulled it out and stared at it.

After a few minutes of studying the envelope, I decided that it was time to open the card.

On the front of the card in big letters was printed the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" I smiled as I opened the note, another envelope falling out of it. I just held that one in my hands because I saw Hunter's handwriting scribbles across the blank page inside of the card. I began to read.

Shelby,

You have no idea how bad I feel. Leaving you on your big birthday was a cruel thing to do, and I am so mad at myself that I did it. So, as you may know I am coming back for graduation, but leaving a couple days after that to go back on tour. I will not be able to be away from you for the whole summer! Trust me, I will probably be crying in my pillow everyday, since I wont get to see your gorgeous face!!

I giggled a little at that, then began reading again.

I am not lying, and you know it! Anyways, I decided to ask you this big question. I wanted you to have time to think about it before I come back for graduation, because I know you wont wait till the last minute to read this!!

Ooops!!!

In this other envelope that I have in here is a plane ticket for you, if you want to come with me for the summer. We could be on tour together, and you being there would make it so much more fun! I asked the band if they were okay with you riding along, and they said that they are perfectly fine with that, and they love you! Buuuuut not nearly as much as me! Just make sure you think about it! I love you Shelby!

Love, Hayes.

My eyes widened as I opened the other envelope. Inside was a peice of paper, and I quickly took it out to study it.

In my hands lyed a plane ticket to any destination, meaning Hunter has no idea where he is going after graduation.

I sighed. I have so much that I want to do this summer, but now that I think about it, everything includes having Hunter there with me. I wish I didnt forget about the note so I did have more time to think about it....

"C'mon Shelby!! It's time to leave!!!" My mom's voice yelled from downstairs.

I grabbed my cap, and began walking down the stairs.

"Oh my gosh! You look fantastic!" Mom said. "We need to get going if we want to get there on time. Oh! And we will meet up with Lynette and Leo when we get there."

I smiled. "Okay!"

Around 15 minutes later, we were pulling into the school parking lot and I began to get really excited! I am graduating today!

We walked into the school building and I was greeted by all of my friends and classmates. There is just one person missing...where is Hunter?

We all just stood around chatting for awhile until our principals voice sounded over ours.

"Excuse me!!" Everybody stopped talking. "Thank you! Well, I just want to say before you guys go out there that I am so proud of each and everyone of you! You made it through highschool!" Everybody started whooping and chanting until he hushed us again. "Okay. In a few seconds you're names will be called and you will walk out!"

I smiled as the names started, knowing mine would be near the last. Stupid alphabetical order!

Once my name was actually called, all my friends stood up from their seats and cheered really loud for me, making sure to embarrass me. I walked over to my seat and sat down to whom ever I was sopposed to sit beside. Oh! Guess who it was?!?! It was.........Amber! Yay! Note the sarcasm.

I internally groan as I took my seat next to her.

"Oh Shelby! Wheres Hunter? I've been looking all over for him. Just want to give him his welcome back kiss!" Amber asked me.

I just ignored her, not wanting her to be the one to ruin my graduation. And because I still have no idea where he is.

"Hello." Our Principal said through the microphone. "This here is our senior class of 2010!!" The whole crowd roared with excitement, including us students. "These students have worked so hard to get here, and I am truly very proud of them! Right now, we are going to have our valedictorian's give their little speeches that they have prepared for us today. "This first one is Alexis Smith!" (A/N okay, just saying...I just made up her last name because I noticed that she didnt ever have one!!)

Yeah, Alexis is a valedictorian. You guys didnt know that did you?!

I started cheering along with Cameron and Aaron.

"Hello!" Alexis said smiling widely. "So, we were all told to prepare a speech for this evening, and I did! But, I feel like changing a few things in it. I have noticed that it doesn't say everything that I want it to!" She says, making everybody laugh. "When I think back to Freshman year, all I remember is being afraid. I was afraid of all the big scary seniors, and I was afraid of being at the bottom if the school again. After going for a few days, I noticed that my amazing friends were all there for me. When you think about highschool, you think about the years of dread, and how crazy your life was back in highschool. But now that I think about it, I dont know if I'm ready to leave yet! I mean, my friends will be going off to college, or living their dreams, or anything else. I am going to miss my friends so much! If it weren't for them, then I wouldn't have as great of a life as I do today! I wouldn't have been able to get through these four amazing years of my life! Friends are what get you through things when they get hard! I remember on my first day of school, walkin up to Shelby and telling her, and I quote 'These highschoolers scare the daylights out of me!' She took my hands and looked me in the eyes and told me that there is nothing to worry about, and that she will have my back no matter what happens. I am very proud to say that me and Shelby are still best friends, and she has had my back. Through all of the hardships in highschool. My first F, my first party, my first relationship. That has all happened in highschool, and I was able to share my experience with my best friend! Friends are forever! No matter how far away they are, no matter if you are going to different places, no matter if they follow their dreams and you barely see them! One of my really good friends, he's beginning to follow his big dream! He's on his very own tour for country music, and I am very proud of him. Might not be as proud as some people." She winks at me and starts again. "But I am still very proud! Thank you!" She said, stepping away from the microphone.

Everybody was silent until I clapped my hands together. Soon enough, the whole gym was applauding, and half of our senior class was in tears.

Everybody else gae their speeches, and then it was finally time or people to get their diplomas.

"Brent Rodgers!" The announcer called up.

Soon enough, they called up Amber, meaning I'm next. I should also add that Hunter is still nowhere in sight...where is he?!

"Shelby! They called your name!" Somebody told me, pushing me towards the stage.

I got ahold of myself and began to walk up. My hands started shaking. Wow! This is awesome!!

I stepped up on the stage, and took the diploma from my principal, giving a wave out to the crowd, my heart began thumping loud and quickly.

No, it's not because I just graduated. Well, that could have something to do with it, but it's because of the blonde haired blue eyed boy, standing at the bottom of the stage, waiting for me with wide arms.

"Hunter!" I squealed, probably a little too loud, causing the whole gym to look at us. The principal stopped calling names as he looked over at us.

"Shelby!" He said, once I jumped into his arms. He picked me up and spun me around a few times, making me giggle.

"I missed you." I whispered to him.

He smiled. "I missed you too!"

I go back into hugging him as tight as I can.

"And that, as some of you may know is Hunter Hayes. He is graduating today too, but he was away on his own tour! C'mon up Hunter and get you're diploma!" Our principal said.

Hunter gave me one last squeeze before going up to get his diploma.

XXXXXX

"Smile!!!!" Mom and Lynette were telling us. We are currently outside of the school, taking pictures with eachother, and saying goodbyes to our classmates.

Hunter and I gave one last smile before telling them that we are done with pictures.

"Hey mom, can Shelby and I go somewhere?" Hunter asked Lynette.

She smiled and nodded her head. Hunter said thank you and led me to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we were driving down the road.

"Lake." Is all he said.

I nodded my head and turned the radio up.

"What's up?" I asked him, sitting by the lakes edge, sticking my feet into the cool water.

"Well, as you know...I gave you that note before I left..." He trailed off.

"Annnnnnd...you wanted to know if I would be interested?" I half asked half stated.

"Yea!" He nodded his head.

I laughed and thought for a moment. I dont know if it would be a good idea. This is my last summer before I move away and fulfill my dreams. Dont you think I should spend that with my family?

"Wellll?" He urged.

I took his hands in mine, and squeezed my eyes closed for a moment before answering his question.

"Hunter........I would love to!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

739 30 15
"When you wake up tomorrow, will you change your mind and draw the line? Or will you still be mine?" When the life Genevieve has built comes crashing...
219 1 32
Hunter has been best friends with Friday for as long as he can remember. But when Hunter gets a new girlfriend, the friendship turns rocky as Hunter...
2.4K 150 34
When Cassidy's grandparents adopt her, her life changes. She's torn away from her best friends, Hunter Hayes and Julie Asbury, her blossoming music c...
1.7K 21 37
Best friends since birth. That's Hunter Hayes and Ryleigh Edwards. When his family moves to Nashville, she moves with him. Now that he's famous, she'...