Deal With It

Av Aysha07

Tyler Lawson. The hottie in town. The "bad boy". My best friend's brother. The guy I absolutely despised. Eve... Mer

Deal With It
introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
epilogue
author's note

thirty one

3.1K 105 23
Av Aysha07

Hiiiiiiiiiii.

This chapter is dedicated to MatySund

Enjoy!

Chapter 31

I was impatiently pacing around the station as I waited for Alec, checking my phone every minute in case he had tried to contact me.

I walked to the wooden bench and sat down, shaking my leg as I looked around. No sign of him yet. My head dropped into my hands and I inhaled and exhaled deeply, trying to calm myself.

Everything will be okay.

We'll get Tyler out of here.

It's going to be alright.

"No it's not," I muttered to myself, looking up to find Alec stood there, shooting me a weird look.

Finally he was here.

"Um, who are you talking to?" He asked rather worriedly, looking at me as though I was performing a circus act.

I glared at him and rose from my seat. "To myself," I said totally normally. "We need to get Tyler out of here."

It was like the Tyler from yesterday was completely different to the one I witnessed today. I knew he just lost it in the heat of the moment so he didn't deserve to be put behind bars.

He smirked. "Are you sure you're okay? Maybe you should go home.."

"I'm fine," I snapped. "How the hell are you so calm about this?"

"Cause I know Daniel can help, don't worry," he placed his hand on my arm.

I sure hoped he could, I couldn't think of any other way of getting Tyler out. Would Drew be able to help somehow? No, even if he could he wouldn't— he'd be more than happy that Tyler was locked away from me, and my family would have a real reason for us to end things. That wasn't even an option.

"Sorry, I'm afraid I can't," a familiar voice rang in my ears. I screwed my eyes shut, knowing exactly who the owner of this voice was. "He assaulted Lassiter, it's not gonna be easy."

I turned my body slightly to face a very sorry Daniel. Panic finally settled on Alec's face and it was his turn to pace around. "Don't apologise, you're not at fault," I told him truthfully. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, Tyler was to blame. Inspector Lassiter too, for provoking him, but Tyler needed to control his anger better.

I firmly placed a hand on Alec's wrist when he neared us. "Stop walking around, you're making me more nervous," I frowned up at him. He nodded and I let go. "What do we do?" I asked the two brothers, having no ideas of my own.

"I know one person who could help... but Tyler won't like it," Alec said. Daniel and I both stared at him, waiting for him to elaborate.

"So? He doesn't have a say in this. Tell us!" I shrieked in desperation, wanting my boyfriend out of jail as soon as possible and by any means necessary.

"Okay!" He held out his hands. "I— I think his dad can help. He was good friends with the man who's now Chief Inspector."

"Are you sure?" I asked him and he nodded. "Well then we need to tell him!"

"Tyler is going to be so mad," he sighed.

"I don't really care at this point!"

-

"Where's my son?" Keith burst through the doors. He spotted us easily and ran in our direction. "What did he do?"

Daniel had returned to handling his job so Alec and I sat him down and explained everything. How Tyler lashed out at a police officer and landed himself behind bars, how the Chief Inspector was refusing to listen to us and how we were completely out of any ideas that could help.

"So? Can you help?" I asked hopefully with my fingers crossed.

He stared at me and Alec intensely then averted his gaze. "This is serious, he could potentially be here for months!" He began.

"But..?" A hopeful Alec asked.

"But he's lucky I know the Chief," he spoke determinedly before leaving us so he could sort out this big mess.

-

"Thank you Al, this won't happen again. I'll make sure he apologises," I caught the end of Keith and the Chief's conversation. It sounded positive but I couldn't be too quick to judge and get my hopes up.

A smile was painted on his face as he approached us. "Good news kids," he spoke and we rejoiced instantly. "If his record wasn't clean prior to this, it would be hopeless getting him out early— no matter how close me and Al are." I was actually surprised that he had a clean record. So he wasn't as bad-ass as he wanted people to believe.

"So where is he?" I peered over to the door and he chuckled.

"I need to fill some paperwork in and then he'll be released, you kids should go home. I'll bring him." Alec and I looked at each other, not entirely sure whether that was a good idea. We agreed nonetheless.

"So he was let off just like that?" I was surprised. No, I was shocked.

"There is a fine to pay but that's for me to worry about, Tyler doesn't need to know."

"How much?" I narrowed my eyes, not liking the idea of his father having to pay.

"That's not important, it's my responsibility anyway. Now off you go," he ended the conversation and walked away.

Keith would have made a good dad if he hadn't abandoned his children years ago; he seemed to really care. But he ruined his chance and I didn't blame Tyler and Heidi for not giving him another. He may have been able to spend money on them but they didn't receive the love, support and protection that they needed whilst they grew up.

"Come on, I'll drive you home," Alec tugged on my arm.

I decided to head to Tyler's house instead of my own. I'd be here when he returned, I could spend some more time with my best friend and it bought me time to think of an excuse I could present to my family. A family I knew would be so pissed off with me.

I ignored Laura and headed straight upstairs to find Heidi. The door of Tyler's room was open wide so I entered, only to find Kyle settling in and arranging some of his belongings around. Would Tyler actually share a room with him?

I laughed at the thought. Tyler would probably end up murdering him with his bare hands as soon as he saw that Kyle had taken over half of the room in his absence.

"What are you smiling at?" Kyle snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hm? Oh, nothing. I just came to see Heidi," I covered up. It was true though.

"Well her room is that way," he pointed out for me. As if I didn't know. "So bye." He stood up and literally shoved me out before I had the chance to speak, slamming the door in my face. Rude. What was up his ass? Stupid boys.

I pushed open the door to my best friend's room without knocking. Her back was facing me and she was sat on her bed, crouching over and holding her hair back.

"Heidi? You okay?" I cautiously stepped forward.

My voice seemed to have startled her and she started coughing hoarsely, slipping incoherent words in between. I ran to her aid and noticed the bin she tightly held onto. Without questioning anything, I pulled her hair away from her face as she poured a mixture of vomit, phlegm and saliva into the container. Tears stained her cheeks and I realised that this probably wasn't the first time it had happened.

Once she was done, I helped her clean up and then sat her down to interrogate her. "What's going on?"

"It's nothing. I just, I can't stop thinking of him and what he did. Every time I do, this—" she broke into tears again. I climbed on the bed and cradled her, planting a kiss at the top of her head.

"Are you sure it's not something else?" I asked, referring to a possible pregnancy. I knew she was no longer a virgin, she had lost it much earlier than me. I didn't want to ask her that but I needed it clarified.

She shook her head and denied it, clearing any doubt I had. "I've already tested myself, it isn't anything like that."

I pulled myself away from her and cupped her face, looking her directly in the eyes. "Each time I asked if you were okay, you hid it from me. Why? You can't keep anything from me, I'm your best friend and I love you. We're going to get through this, together. You'll find an amazing guy who will actually deserve you and will treat you like a princess, I promise. Nobody will ever hurt you again." Tears formed in my eyes and sobs escaped her lips as she hugged me.

"I don't know about that last part, which guy will want me now? Besides, I don't think I'll be able to trust one ever again, but what I do know is that I can forget Seth because I have you. Thank you so much for being there for me," she embraced me tightly again.

But there is someone who wants you, I thought but didn't dare say. I didn't approve of Alec before but now I knew he was a good guy; however it wasn't my approval that was necessary. Even if Heidi ever decided to give it a go, Tyler would be an obstruction impossible to get past.

She waved her hand infront of me, stopping my thoughts regarding her love life. "Ari? Anybody there?"

I smiled at her, showing that I was still listening. "Still here," I smiled, resting my hand over hers.

"So..." she started, a huge grin plastered over her face. Her tone assured me that this conversation wasn't going to be good for me. "My brother didn't come home yesterday... do you know where he was, by any chance?" She asked.

I gulped. Instead of focusing on the details of last night, all I could think about was him being arrested this morning. Was she aware of what had happened?

"Uhm, no, I don't," I lied, wringing my hands nervously.

"Don't lie to me, Missy, I see right through you," she playfully scolded me and I forced a smile on my face. "What happened?" She questioned eagerly.

There was no need for me to be nervous. Tyler would be home soon anyway so she never needed to know.  "Well, erm, he took me to this huge cabin about half an hour away from here and—"

"Grandpa's? Really? He never takes anyone there, he never even talks about it!" She exclaimed, sounding more excited than I did. "Wow, he must really like you," she muttered to herself. "So did you..?" She asked and I nodded my head like a maniac, squealing with her.

"Yes, it was so—" I said but she clamped her cold hand over my mouth before I could continue.

"You know how we said we'd tell each other everything once we had 'done the deed'," she used air quotations. "That's before you did it with Tyler... so please spare me the details," she made a disgusted face and I giggled.

"As you wish, it was amazing though and-"

"Shush!" She shouted, resulting in both of us laughing. I missed this. The both of us just talking without having to worry about anything, just letting it all go.

We were interrupted when I felt a vibration against my leg and the sound of my ringtone blared throughout the room. I dug my fingers into my pocket and pulled it out, seeing 'Mum' flash up on the screen. I swiped my finger over it and pressed my phone to my ear, preparing myself for a bollocking.

"Young lady! Why haven't you replied to any of our texts or calls? Do you know how worried we were? Drew and your Father checked your boyfriend's house and around town, but didn't find you!"

"I texted Dad?" My voice was barely audible, presenting itself in a small squeak. I heard her scoff on the other end of the line, indicating that one text wasn't good enough and I was in deep trouble.

"Come home right away! We'll decide how long you're grounded for when you get here!"

"Okay, I'll get there as fast as I can. Bye," I quickly answered and ended the call before she had a chance to respond. I would go home once Tyler was back and I knew he was okay.

The sound of a door being slammed echoed through my ears and I abruptly got up, sprinting out of the room to find Tyler. He stormed up the stairs, leaving his dad calling his name behind him, and headed straight for his bedroom. I scurried after him and lightly knocked on the closed door.

Kyle must've been downstairs already because there was no way Tyler was allowing him to stay inside. "What's going on?" Heidi asked me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'll talk to him," I replied and she agreed, leaving me outside his room, waiting.

-

The door before me opened and Tyler's six foot frame towered above me stiffly, making me feel rather uneasy compared to the usual security I felt. He glowered at me and I stepped inside, the scent of his cologne hitting my nose in an instant.

"You just gonna fucking stand there?" He barked at me and my mouth dropped open.

Walking round him, I examined how some of Kyle's things were scattered over the carpet, definitely having been thrown by Tyler. I heard the door shut with a click and the bed creaked when he sat down, the tip of his shoes landing on Kyle's suitcase and kicking it away.

I kneeled down and straightened everything out, frowning at his behaviour. "Leave it," he ordered. My anger bubbled and I got up to face him, balling my fists and pressing my feet into the ground that I felt would crumbled beneath me any moment.

He was acting like an ass. Again.

"Why should I? You can't destroy his things and give me attitude because you're pissed for some damn reason! At least tell me what the hell is wrong!"

"Why are you so concerned about him anyway?" He spat. What? From everything I said he decided to pick at that!

"I never said that. I'm concerned about you but you're just sat here sulking!"

His temper flared and he suddenly rose, taking two quick steps in my direction and roughly gripping my upper arms, bringing his face close to mine. "Sulking? I'm pissed because you thought it would be a good idea to tell that fucking man that I was locked up! He's gonna think he's some God damn fucking hero and that wife of his will have another reason to have a go at Mum and flaunt her son in my fucking face!" He yelled at me, the hold he had on my arms deepening as he pressed his fingers tightly around my skin, making tears prick the corners of my eyes.

"At least you're free," I whimpered, struggling to withdraw my arms. He seemed completely unaware of the physical pain he was causing me as the unpleasant feeling began to spread to my shoulders.

"I would rather sit in that bloody jail cell for months than get help from that bastard! I don't need him, never have, never will!"

"Tyler," I sobbed but he wouldn't listen to me.

"You know what he'll think? He'll think he's earned my respect now, he'll think I've let him off for all the fucking years he's stayed away— all because he gave some money to get me out of there!"

"Please let go of me."

"But he's wrong! I hate that man and I always will! This place is a bigger hell-hole than any jail cell! At least I'd have some fucking peace there, I could get away from all the fucking mess!" He bellowed.

-

Tyler's POV

"You mean you could get away from me?" Her voice came out as a whisper.

No, of course not you, Arissa. You're the reason I wanted to stay, the reason I was still sane.

I wanted to get away from my dad, his wife and son. I wanted to get away from Jake and all those bastards, but mostly I wanted to keep myself away from you. Because all I did was hurt you, like right now, lashing out at you when you were just trying to help. But being the asshole that I was, I couldn't say the right thing. I always had to ruin every moment and regret it later.

I dipped my head forward, right next to her ear and whispered, "exactly." I released her from my hold and she stumbled back, her hands automatically crossing over her chest to rub the skin of her arms. My gaze flickered there and I saw the grazes and red fingerprint marks left behind.

Had I done that?

Before I had a chance to speak she rushed out of my room and I raced after her. "Arissa, please wait!" I called her name repeatedly. "Wait, wait, wait," I muttered when I finally caught onto her wrist just before the front door. She snatched her hand away and frowned, her tears threatening to spill.

"Don't touch me," her voice was filled with venom, venom that I knew wouldn't last.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." I tried to soothe her but she only pulled away from me.

"Yeah? Well you still did, I was only trying to help!" She fought with me.

By now a small crowd had formed so I glared at them, making them leave straight away. I just needed Arissa to know how sorry I was.

"I know you were baby, please just—" I was cut off by her.

"I thought you wanted to get away from me? So why are you following me now?" She asked, clearly hurt. I had no response. I hadn't only hurt her physically, her feelings had faced a similar blow all thanks to me. "Leave me alone," she hissed and stormed out of the front door.

Not again Tyler! Hm.. hopefully Arissa won't forgive him so easily this time ;)

What are your thoughts on the chapter? Please let me know :)

Vote and comment

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

737K 16.9K 23
(WARNING! Don't read this peace of crap! I made it up when I was.. like... 14? Still, it sucks 'cause I didn't give a shit about grammar but now I do...
1M 16.8K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...
6.3M 229K 21
She didn't fall, she was pushed. Let me explain more, yeah? She was pushed, by her best friends, into a guy- but not just any guy. Cyrus Angelo, the...
23.2K 739 31
(Warning! Cringey story I wrote when I was like 14!) He admitted to liking her, she did the same. Then they should be together right? Well that would...