rivals | colby brock ✔️

By CreateTheMemories

Two different people with two different ideals-- yet share a mutual hatred full of lies and regrets. Ashlyn... More

prologue.
a/n
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two: part one.
twenty-two: part two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
his pov.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
epilogue.
author's final note.
new stories!
colby imagines/shorts book

eight.

17.1K 351 665
By CreateTheMemories

Colby Brock, I like you.

I like you so much that I hate you.

And it's a problem.

But I still will hate you.

Heading to the movies was a pain. Sam sat shotgun while Colby and Ellie were all lovey-dovey in the backseat. They gave each other pecks and held hands the whole time. It made my body uncomfortable, like it didn't know how to react.

I didn't know how to react.

Sam and I were making small talk, just trying to not get involved with the couple. The conversation usually drifted a little since we don't really, really know each other, but it was good getting to know him. Sam's a cute guy, we are both people who enjoy quiet time but love to be active, and we both hate pickles. We have some more similarities, to my surprise and I couldn't help happen to notice Colby not paying too much attention to whatever Ellie was saying.

I happened to look in the driver's mirror for a split second and I caught a glimpse of his deep ocean pupils staring back at me. I look away, trying not to get distracted by his glare.

Though, was it jealousy I was seeing?

No, not Brock, could Brock ever get jealous?

I mean, he's got the biggest ego in the history of the world.

But I'd want him to be jealous.

"Hey, red light!" Sam yells, pulling me out of my trance. I step hard on the brake.

"SHIT," I screech, "Holy fuck, sorry omg, I was distracted," I stammer, pulling a loose hair behind my ear.

"What got you so distracted? Sam's talking?" Colby says, somewhat sternly and somewhat jokingly. I couldn't tell, he could've been mad.

"So funny, ha," Sam replies.

"Just be careful Ash, we don't wanna die and while it's their first day in LA," Ellie chimes in.

"Yeah, well I wasn't planning on getting distracted or having you all die," I harshly say, "Except Colby."

Colby smacks my chair, "Bitch, I heard that!"

"Good!" I roll my eyes.

Dead silence.

Awkward silence.

Uncomfortable silence.

"Um, lets just put on some nice music," Ellie quietly says, "Sam can you play something on your phone or something."

"Sure, Twenty One Pilots anyone?" He asks, holding up their album.

"Fine," I mutter, I love their music so much actually. House of Gold started to play and Colby was surprisingly the first one to jump onto the song.

"Damn, didn't know you could sing so terribly to such a great song," I laugh at him, "Actually, you make all great songs sound terrible."

"Thanks, appreciate your such nice input," He sarcastically says, but it wasn't in any jokingly or friendly manner. Just straight up rude. Again.

Everybody stopped laughing.

Nobody spoke.

But "House of Gold" was still playing...

/////

"Yo, I just looked at the traffic report on my phone and a major accident is up ahead..." Sam says, looking disappointed, "Probably no movie tonight, we're going to miss it for sure."

"No! But I really wanted to see that movie..." Ellie fake sobs.

"It's okay El, we could still go see a movie on Netflix back at our apartment," Colby lays her head on his shoulder and comforts her.

"Not a bad idea Brock, we already got our flat screen installed with Netflix all up and running in my room back at my apartment. Lets just hang there," I suggest.

"Sounds good to me," Sam says.

"Yas, finally a movie night!" Ellie excitedly agrees.

Colby rolls his eyes, "Kay whatever, as long as I'm not buying any sort of food for anyone... besides Ellie."

"Aw babe!" She squeals and kisses his cheek.

Barf.

I hate them for causing me to have gag reflexes.

I also hate traffic, because now we're stuck. Probably for a solid hour, with people I'm currently annoyed with.

Except Sam, he's chill.

About fifteen minutes have been passed and we're all bored as hell. I loudly sigh. But then everybody else all sighs too, and a crowd of laughter just broke out.

"Guys, I'm so bored," I say.

"Truth or Dare anyone?" Ellie suggest, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I'm down," Colby nods.

"Yeah, okay," Sam agrees, "What about you, Ashlyn?"

"I guess, lets do it," I oblige.

"Nice, okay Sam, truth or dare?" Ellie asks.

He contemplates, "I'll go with truth I guess."

"Okay... have you ever had a dirty dream? And if so, with who?"

Sam covers his face in distress, "With WHO too? Goddangit, okay yeah I have, but when I say this person's name, they were just there, we didn't...uh... do anything."

"Interesting, so who was it?" Ellie asks, intrigued.

He runs his hands through his hair and exhales, "Oh god,...erm it was Colby."

"What the fuck Sam," Colby says, smacking his head. He starts laughing and I already burst out laughing.

"HAHAHA, why why why?" I laugh, "Omg I can't breathe."

"Sam, look what you've done, if any Solby shippers find out, our secret is gone!" Colby whispers.

"THE SOLBY SHIPPERS HAAA," I laugh loudly.

"I'm cringing so fucking hard," Ellie laughs, "Babe, something you ain't telling me?"

"Okay no. But dude, now details," Colby says seriously.

"Well lets just say, I brought home a chick, you brought home a chick, both totally random, and we did some thaaangs," He smirks.

"Okay phew..." Colby breathes, "Aye but niiiiiice," he laughs, fist bumping him.

"COLBY," Ellie raises her voice and hand and lightly smacks him on the arm.

"I'm just kiddin baaby," he throws an arm around her shoulder and holds out the a in baby.

Puke.

"Whatever, as long as you ain't banging other chicks..." And I swore she whispered,"Except me."

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK ELLIE.

Sam and I look at each other, disgusted and silent. Also irritated that we're stuck in a car with these two fuck faces.

Minutes passed, according to the traffic report we got half an hour to pass. We continued playing truth or dare and so far nothing too bad has happened but now, the best thing ever was just coming up.

It was Colby's turn.

And I got him caught on a dare.

"You idiot," I whistle, "You have no idea what you just got yourself into, remember me? The girl who made your life hell? Yeah well she's bringing hell back to ya, stupid."

"I know you Ashlyn Neil, you're weak with these type of situations, you basically would suck at your own dare. Or everything," Colby says directly to me.

"You definitely asked for it then..." I mumble. I waited for a while for him to choose dare finally, I had his dare planned prior to my turn. I am devious, and will unleash my own hell.

"Whatever you have in stored, bring it, Neil," He says, using hand motions.

I rub my hands together and say, "Brock, I dare you to run out on the side walk, shirt off while sending a tweet saying '@ashlynneil is the best youtuber out there, I wish I was her because she is so hot' and you have to scream the tweet while typing it."

Colby's eyes go wide and Sam and Ellie are laughing hysterically at what he has to do.

"NO WAY IN GOD'S NAME AM I DOING THAT."

"But you see, the darer dares the daree and you, thou daree shall do the dare dared by the darer, and I am thou darer, you daree."

His face changes to bewilderment and begins to open his mouth but closes it, after a long second he says,"That was confusing but no., I thou daree shall't do the dare dared by the darer."

I roll my eyes, "I'll give you and Sam a shout out on my YouTube channel."

Sam's face lights up,"Dude are you dumb, do the mother freaking dare for goodness sake!"

"Bro my dignity," Colby says, putting his hand on his chest.

"You only have to put the tweet out for an hour," I shrug.

"An hour? Woman are you crazy, I have a twitter account with deep people, forty-five minutes max!" He angrily cries back.

"Fifty minutes, final offer stupid," I reply

"Fine ya piece of garbage."

"Nice," I say coolly, "Alright Brock, go do it before we start moving again, cause then you'll have no ride and imma leave yo ass stranded."

"Shut up, I'm going," He says, pulling his shirt off his head,"This is going to be embarrassing, I have to say you're the best youtuber and I want to be you? Nah, that's not true."

"Dare is a dare, do it," I say holding my vlog camera out. I turn it on.

"Fuck you."

"Fuck you too," I hold up my middle finger and he finally gets out the car. I roll down the windows of the car, and begin to talk like the people on Animal Planet or National Geographic, " And this is the wild Colby, in his natural habitat. Hey idiot, got twitter out?"

"Yes, now shut up I already regret this," He yells.

"Go."

Colby throws his head back in agony and runs down the street with his phone already screaming, "@ashlynneil is the best youtuber out there, I wish I was her because she is so hot!"

My car begins to fill with laughter as shirtless Colby is running, screaming, and tweeting. I only find Ellie a little uncomfortable because I made him say I was hot, but he doesn't mean it, I know.

Sadly.

I turn my vlog camera to face me, "Hear that guys? Colby Brock just said that I'm the best youtuber out there and he wishes he were me because I'm hot," I flip my hair, "Like and subscribe, and I'll see you later Neil Nation!"

Then Colby jumps into my side of the window and says, "I'm a liar, BITCH!" I smack his head and wave bye and stop recording.

"Wow, thanks dude," I say rolling my eyes.

All of a sudden, the traffic starts moving and Colby is still outside on the street.

"COLBY, get in the fucking car or I'm leaving without you!" I yell at him.

"Oh shit!" He screeches, opening Ellie's door and belly-flopping flat onto her lap.

"Close the door for god's sake!" Sam adds, pointing to the still open car door.

"I got it, I got it!" Ellie shouts, closing the door.

Somebody behind us honked at us, since I was still not moving.

Thanks to Colby.

My road rage crazy pissed off driver attitude kicked and I shout,

"HOE BAG," Honking back and beginning to drive again.

Everybody breathes heavily and sighs at the end of the commotion.

"Never again am I doing that, Neil," Colby sighs, running a hand through his sweaty hair. Ellie giggles and lays her arms on his bare, probably sweaty, back.

"Yo, that made a great vlog," I smile, driving back to the apartment now.

"You're giving us a shout out Ash," Sam says.

"Yeah, yeah, I will," I chuckle.

Time to go Netflix and Chill.

Kidding!

/////

We have now entered my room, all chilling in different places. I'm sitting at the foot of my bed, Colby and Ellie are cuddling at the back of my bed, and Sam is resting on an arm chair.

We had decided to watch 6 Years, because apparently Ellie says it's really good. But I've never watched it, oops. The guys wanted action but Ellie kind of forced us to watch. It got pretty interesting, they were very cute teenagers but sadly were being ripped apart as they entered adulthood. It makes me think, will that happen to the four of us? I mean, Colby and I are already not friends but Ellie and Sam matter to me. Even though I barely know Sam too, I want him to matter to me now. LA is a big city, and it's full of people with big dreams... and egos. Sam's a Kansas kid, I'm a Kansas kid. We'll be Kansas kids together.

All of a sudden a kissing scene was coming up, and I couldn't stand to watch while Ellie and Colby were in the room. They were going to start making out, I just knew it. I think Sam sensed it too. He stood up and stretched his arms.

"Okay, I'm going to go get popcorn... at my apartment," He says, walking out the room quickly.

"I'm going to get more blankets... at his apartment," I add too, also standing up and following Sam out the door.

"Kay, don't be too long, I really want some popcorn!" Colby hollers back, but then getting cut off as Ellie pulls his head towards hers. They started making out.

Fuck, and on my bed?

I forcefully shut the door and hurry out my apartment to Sam's.

As I was walking, I couldn't help to think that Colby was never going to want to like me or be friends with me. I mean, we hate each other, it makes sense. I need to move on.

It's tough, I've been trying forever.

Since I met the dang fool.

The intelligent and good looking dang fool.

Damn.

I hate liking my rival.

---------------------

YO 190+ reads? That's cool, I hope this story goes well, I really look forward to everything happening. Each chapter just leads to the next important key points and I AM PROUD.

COMMENT, VOTE & PLEASE SHARE!! Feedback is also always appreciated;)

hugs, kt

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 1.1K 7
You were just a newborn lucky you just happen to be born when the war started your sire Megatronus now known as Megatron. Had no idea that your carri...
153K 9.4K 105
Four BoyxBoy Couples ♡♡♡♡ When teens finally move away from home to live on campus, things are bound to get messy and wild! See how a handful of boys...
73.5K 879 16
This is my first story I wrote it a little while ago trying out something new and a little rushed sorry about that, just please don't be a dick about...
243K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...