elite my way

By freckledmyface

This is a sequel to my earlier book The Selection my way. I you haven't read it yet and decide to start here... More

elite my way
chapter 2 (Maxon's POV)
chapter 3 (America's POV)
Chapter 4 (Maxon's POV)
Chapter 6 (America's POV)
Chapter 7 (Maxon's POV)
Chapter 8 (America's POV)
Chapter 9 (Maxon's POV)
chapter 10 (America's POV)
Chapter 11 (Maxons POV)
Chapter 12 (Citizens POV)
Chapter 13 (Maxon's POV)

Chapter 5 (Maxon's POV)

2.3K 41 14
By freckledmyface

Hey guys I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter, please enjoy this one too!

Chapter 5

(Maxon's POV)

I control my breathing which has been rough and harsh for the last hour as I think things through, I pace around my room, how long has America known about Celeste.... Okay, she was kidnapped right after Celia was, she managed to escape the rebels, and she saved Celia's life for pushing her out of the way of the gun. Then she came back and started acting strange. So she must have found out sometime in between her kidnapping and her return. So she has known for a few weeks now...

I wonder why she didn't tell me, then I realize, she must have been risking someone's life if she did. I wonder who...Now know why she wanted to leave so bad, Aspen was there and she knew who the rebel leader was. And Celeste, aka the rebel leader, has been tormenting her. And someone's life was at risk... She could have saved herself from this mess so easily but I didn't let her. It's all my fault.

I fall onto my bed and moan, is this how America felt when she knew and wasn't allowed to tell anyone? I needed to stop thinking of America and start thinking of the situation at hand. I stare at the ceiling. There was a knock at my door, I needed to take extra precaution so I ask, "Who is it." A woman answers back from the other side of the door, "Christina, Your nurse, I need to check if you’re okay." I open the door and let her in, Christina was my nurse since I was a little boy.

She was actually in the selection with my mom and she was my mother’s best friend, that's how she got the job. I had the flu really bad once and it was her first day and she helped me get well with her secret homemade medicine. She was the kindest person I knew right now. She spun around her bright green eyes bloomed and she had a beaming smile, "Okay, Maxon please sit down." She says, I obey. "Did you get hurt at all, you carried Lady America in and she was pretty battered, does anything hurt?" She ask genuinely concerned.

I glanced down and said, "Just my wrist." She slowly grabs my wrist and examined it closely. "Well," she said after a long examination, "It's not broken, but it is sprained." She says. I smile, "Thanks Christina." She smiles and tousles my hair. I wave bye to her as she leaves the room. "I will be back with a brace for you." She says before officially leaving.

I begin to stare at the ceiling, I need to come up with a plan to get Celeste out of the competition.... but how...... I will need to be smart about it. I snapped out of my deep thoughts when Christina comes in with a small black wrist brace. I would get back to this later, I think to myself. "Here you go Maxon, try it out and tell me how it works." I slip it on and it fits like a well, a brace should. I nod at her, "Thank you." I say again. She smiles again and leaves.

I head downstairs and to the infirmary, America is still unconscious, they aren't sure if she’s in a coma or not. I walk out of the infirmary and head back up to my room, I didn't want to run into Celeste. I lock the door and lay on my bed. I let out a sigh. How did things get so awful?

I have to face the facts at this point America isn't interested, I need to have a backup princess in case she drops out.I head down to the woman's room. I see the first girl who I actual ENJOY spending time with other than America. Kriss.

I walk up to Kriss, "hi." I say to her. She spins around startled. She stood up and curtsied, "Prince Maxon, what are you doing here?" she asks. I force a smile, I really wanted to be near America right now but since she wanted to keep away from me I respected that. I didn't needed her hating me more! She probably just needed time to forgive me and then she will be willing to hear why.

"I'm taking you on a date." I say. She stands up and beams, "Ok!" She squeals. I head down the hall with her in deep thought. In the mean time I need to know which girls I should keep here, because the more here the more I keep in danger of Celeste. So I take Kriss first, and see if I should keep her here or let her go. I lead her down the hall as she bounces on the balls of her feet happily, she was kinda like the opposite of America, and for some reason it was her and America who stood out and they are exact opposites.

I find it humorous, I stop and stare at her. "Where are we going?" She asks. I smile at her, "A stroll around the garden?" I ask, she grins again, "I LOVE THE GARDEN!" She says. I make one connection between her and America... Nature.

I sit on the bench America and I sat on the first time we met and Kris's sits next to me. I take a deep breath and sigh. The autumn air is still crisp and cold. I stare out at the blue sky and sigh again.

Kriss shuffles next to me before placing a hand on my shoulder, "Maxon, are you okay, you seem out of it. I feel like your forcing yourself to go on this date, am I right?"

I look at her and I see the passion and trust in her eyes, I feel myself give in as I nod to her. She smiles and ruffles my hair I can't help but grin. She understood me. I grabbed her hand and gave it a quick squeeze and she squeezed back.

"Thank you." I say to her she looks confused, "for what?" she asks. I look at her in the eyes and say, "Fir understanding." I say. She smiles and pats my shoulder, "of course." She says, "Well Maxon, I don't want to mess this up so I will let you wait till you’re ready to go on a date with me, it might give me time to actually figure out how to act around a prince."

I laugh, "Trust me Kriss if anyone messes this up it will be me." She laughs, "In your dreams!" she says as she walks away. She turns and waves before walking inside. I smile and shake my head, "yeah America and Kriss are exact opposites." I mumble under my breath.

I sit up and walk inside, I look around and run back up to my room, I lock the door behind me and head back to my bed. I begin plotting how to eliminate Celeste again.... After a whole hour of plotting with nothing coming to mind I give up. Maybe she could do something that gives herself away.

I think the best thing to do is wait. I will wait her out but until then, I should figure out a way to stop being her royal puppet. That doesn't involve hiding in my room. I realize now that I liked the castle better when there were NO women in it. Well other than my mom, and Christina but... Other than that. I think that I should just date like a normal guy.

But I can't like my dad said a million times, your not a normal guy Maxon you’re a prince so stop day dreaming about that stupid idea and focus on your duty, why did you have to be born so stupid. He has never been the perfect dad but I assumed this is how all dads acted.

But right now I feel like my father is right, i feel stupid. I can't figure out how to get out of this mess and the worst part is, if i make a stupid choice, it effects the whole country I could ruin it without even intending too. I gulp and lay back and stare at the ceiling.

I close my eyes and see shades of orange and red dance along my eyelids. Then I slowly drifted to sleep...

Okay so lease recommend a POV for next chapter, tell me what you thought of this chapter and if you like or dislike Kriss, are you team Kriss or team America? Wait maybe you should answer that question when I develop her character more... Anyway, I'm sorry it's not the BEST chapter but I need time to build this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 2.3K 40
The selection has ended. Maxon has chosen the girl he wants to marry. The choice was unexpected. He chose Kriss Ambers. Maxon was happy until the day...
32 0 13
Lumina, one of the two girls to be selected from the same province, is absolutely happy with her life in the palace. She and Prince Travon are going...
2.5K 110 17
Previously known as 'my selection' in the books it's maxons selection but what if it was the other way around? in this story, it's America's selecti...
24.4K 776 36
It's all her fault. She was supposed to distract the country with the first ever Princess led Selection. Things could not have gone worse. She looke...