rivals | colby brock ✔️

By CreateTheMemories

Two different people with two different ideals-- yet share a mutual hatred full of lies and regrets. Ashlyn... More

prologue.
a/n
one.
two.
three.
four.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two: part one.
twenty-two: part two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
his pov.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
epilogue.
author's final note.
new stories!
colby imagines/shorts book

five.

20.4K 368 601
By CreateTheMemories

"Don't you think it's so cool that Sam and Colby are living down the hall from us?" Ellie asks, smiling.

"No are you crazy!" I yell in frustration, "In what world would you think that it is 'cool' for my mortal enemy to be living literally right next to us?!" I chuck my penny board on the floor and slouch on the couch.

"You're being dramatic, Ash, yea you and Colby have some issues but I am friends with both of them and they are the only people we know here in LA!" She exclaims.

"Um hello, we have each other." I say running my hands in my hair.

Ellie slams the car keys on the counter, "You know that's not what I meant."

"Ugh, I know. But you know how much Colby and I hate each other. I can't believe you like the dude!" I reply loudly.

"Well I guess you will have to learn to be friends," she sternly says.

"No. That didn't happen in Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year and it sure as hell will not happen this summer!"

"Well I guess you'll have to deal with it." She says rolling her head innocently.

"What, no."

"Well I guess you're going to have to watch a movie with him."

"Stop saying 'well I guess' I don't have to do anything and I won't be watching a movie with him!"

"Hmm, that's a shame."

"You're acting weird." I say bluntly.

"Well I guess-" and she dashes for the door whilst dropping her penny board.

"No! Where are you-" she opens the door to reveal Sam and Colby standing outside it.

She stares blankly at them and the boys just stand there a little shocked that they were caught. They were,  without a doubt,   eaves dropping.  The awkwardness soon passes over and I yell from the couch, "What the hell do you guys want."

Sam nicely just says, "Well we were just overhearing your conversation and a movie would be cool."

Ellie spins her face to give me a wide grin and then mouths the words omgomg yes.

I look at her and was about to mouth the words hell to the no but she ended up turning back to say, "Of course, awesome! We can even help you move in, tomorrow!"

"Great! We could go see the movie at around eight o'clock and you guys can come over after lunch or something." Colby says, clapping his hands once.

"Sounds like a great plan!" Ellie says happily. I roll my eyes for the four millionth time. I feel like I am now known for rolling my eyes.

"Right, well we'll see you both tomorrow," Colby says, smiling. Ellie starts to shut the door and the guys start walking away.

Ugh, he makes me want to throw up, pass out, and throw up again. 

For eight billion years.

Before everyone could depart ways, I yell "I HATE YOU COLBY," and roll my head back.

"HATE YOU TOO ASH," he yells back and walks away. I sigh, not sure whether to be content and relax, knowing we're still at an enmity or quite disappointed he said he hated me back.

Trust me, I hate him with a burning passion.

But it's because I like him.

/////

"Rise and shine sleepy head!" Ellie pounces onto my bed, already dressed and hyper as hell.

"Wha-El, it's like nine in the morning..." I sleepily murmur. 

"Bitch, it's one in the fucking afternoon, and the more time you spend in your bed, the less time we have to hang out with the guys!" She begins to jump on my bed. "Come on Ash! I wanna hang out with Sam and Colby!" 

"Well at least get out, so I can get ready!" I cry, placing a pillow over my head.

She begins to giggle and walks out my room. I groan and get up to go put on a simple outfit and brush my hair. Yea, and I put on some makeup so I don't look like total hag in front of them. If they even think less of me. I'm ruined! That was kind of dramatic, but still.

I exit my room and Ellie was taking selfies in the wall mirror that we installed when we first moved in, I decided to photobomb since I didn't look terrible today.

Ellie notices my appearance and turns around.

"Girl, we slay," she states. "Now that you're done, lets go!" She shoves me back and grabs my arm to drag me out the door.

"But El, I haven't even eaten breakfast yet!" I say.

"Then STARVE," she hastily says and runs out the door. 

I roll my eyes and grab a banana before following her out the door, and to Sam and Colby's apartment.

Ellie stops and waits for me patiently as I'm casually locking the door behind me and finally walking up to her, already impatiently waiting.

"Would you like to do the honors?" She gestures to the door.

"What do you mean, 'would you like to do the honors', just knock on the damn door already," I joke, knocking on the door myself. Ellie begins to bounce a little waiting for someone to answer the door. 

No answer.

Ellie's smile begins to flip. "What the fuck," she says with annoyance. Then she suddenly just bangs on the door, rapidly. "Golbach! Brock! Open the freaking door!" She screeches

A distant "Coming!" sounds behind the door and finally a soaked Sam opens the door.

"Woah, sorry, I just got out the shower," he says, running a hand through his damp, blonde hair. "Colby! Ashlyn and Ellie are here!" He yells behind him.

"Hey guys! Come on in," he motions us inside and we walk in, scanning the basically empty, white walled apartment. They had a small table with boxes scattered everywhere on top of each other and a single couch to sit on. It looks a lot like our apartment except they got this random concrete pillar in the middle of their living room, but I'm kind of jealous. It's pretty modern.

"So Sam, how's California been treating you so far?" Ellie asks, walking over to the black couch in the middle of their living room. 

"Fine I guess, we have only been here for one night... today would be our official first day really," he smiles.

"Well, it's cool you're spending it with us," I add in nicely.

"Yeah, Kansas kids gotta help other Kansas kids," he cheesily shrugs.

I smile back, "hey, we Cali kids now bro."I stick up my hand like those surfer dudes. 

"True that...where's Colby?" Ellie asks.

Sam looks around, "Huh... COLBY GET UP, MY GOD." He jogs to what I think is his door and slams his palm on it. "COLBY!" 

Colby opens the door.

Shirtless. 

My god this boy... Ellie and I are practically drooling and I think they both noticed.

"Hey, uhm good morning," he sleepily yawns in a husky voice. Colby is good looking, yes, but I hope he didn't notice me staring too much at his toned- no! Ashlyn, you hate him. Shut up.

"Um. It's one thirty in the afternoon dude," I scratch the back of my head awkwardly.

"Oh. Guess I overslept," he shrugs.

"Yeah and I guess you forgot to put on a shirt," Sam says, closing his own door on him.

Ellie and I try to stifle our laughs but of course, no use. We just burst out laughing, and Sam too.

"I CAN HEAR YOU GUYS LAUGH! IT'S VERY RUDE," Colby shouts, now opening his door with a blank long sleeve shirt and ripped black skinny jeans.

"Woah, the prince has finally awoken from his slumber, oh and fully clothed," I say as if I were proud.

"You wish I wasn't fully clothed," he scoffs.

"In your dreams, which is probably what you were dreaming about while you were sleeping through breakfast," I hiss back, refusing to let the blushing begin on my face.

"Wait but didn't you slept through breakf-" 

I cut Ellie off, "Bro, the hell man." I smack her arm.

Colby and Sam laugh at us while Ellie explains my little situation this morning.  Trying to change the subject, I whine, "Well you guys ready to move in now or what?" I put my hand under my arm and rest it on their couch. "Or else I'm just going to lay here and not even lift a muscle."

"Lets get a move on!" Sam says, grabbing his keys and his shoes.

"Alright." I say and hoist myself off the couch. 

We all exit their apartment and walk to the elevator to bring us to the parking, where they had their rented U-HAUL. Colby steps ahead to unlock the moving truck and opens its back.

"Daang, I didn't realize we had this many things," Colby whines.

"You just had to bring your whole room," Sam groans.

"We got this guys, come on," Ellie cheerfully says, climbing into the back of the truck.

"Right behind you, the sooner this is done, the sooner we can go do something fun," Sam says rubbing his hands together and jumping in.

"After you princess," Colby says holding out a hand for me to help me get in.

I look at him funny, "Why thank you, I guess." I say, taking his hand and getting into the truck. 

Stupid, what was he doing that for.

"You were suppose to say I was like a prince, like this morning Ash," he states from outside the truck. 

I smile, taking a box and tossing it to him, "Whatever princess." 

He fumbles with the box, "Hey, I'm the prince and you're the princess, my god. Do you not have ears." 

"Well I still hate my prince then," I laugh.

"Sounds like you're going to the ball alone," he smiles. 

I grab another box and put my hand on my hip to face him, "Whatever, princess." I chuck the box that was in my hand at him. He catches it on top of the other  box and walks off, "Screw you!"

"Screw you too!" I call back. I start feeling giddy inside, something I haven't really felt before but damn. He's too cute. 

A cute jerk but ya know, I still strongly dislike him.

"Why don't you guys just become friends already," Ellie nonchalantly says with two large boxes in her arms. I reach for some boxes also to carry back.

"When pigs fly, my friend," I grin, walking past her and up the stairs to the elevator.

"I'll make you guys friends someday!" She yells behind me.

I yell over my shoulder, "Sure, that means you'll have to teach pigs to fly!" 

I think my life just consists of non-stop action and talk about Colby. I can't even get away from him, can I? 

I'm not even sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

I hate liking my rival.

And not only just because he's my rival.

I'm being forced to help him move in!

-----------------------------

Thanks for reading!! I don't want to escalate things tooooo quickly soooo hehehhe bare with me now, there will be some interesting moments next chapter;) *wink wink*

COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE & DON'T BE SHY feedback is always appreciated!

hugs,kt

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 569 4
some korean names for you to use in your fanfictions or for anything really highest ranking: #37 in names 。written by JEONKWK
300K 4.2K 38
You and I, together, will always come along with a touch of chaos.
3.7K 227 37
"Everyone wants him, that was my crime"
23.8K 630 10
❝ SHOW THEM HOW YOUR HEART GLOWS AND FILLS WITH ABSOLUTE AMBITION WHEN YOU ARE WITH ME . .❞ O R in which one girl with blonde hair falls in love wit...