Neighbor|Taekook

By o0Elanor0o

"Devil works hard, but Kim Taehyung works harder." Jungkook and his family move out of his hometown. New scho... More

First Day
Library
Study Buddy
Alone Time
First Date?
Lull Me To Sleep
Confessions
One Thing You Should Know
Second Date
Lonely Boy
Movie Night
Night Out
Husband Material
Storm
First Kiss?
Fight
Facing the Truth
Are You...?
Unfinished Business
Just Watch
Saturday Morning
Lollipop
We Are Not Together
What Now?
Bridge of Life
Stranger in the Night
We Need a Break
Peck vs Kiss
Jimin's Party
Jungkook's Confession
Coming Out
Third Wheel
Being Naughty
Trip to Jeju
Hotel Room
Restart
Hot Tub
Lighthouse
Third Date
First Time
Boys Just Want to Have Fun
First Ride
Sandcastle
Skinny Dipping
Jeju-Seoul
We're Not Alone
Internet History
Call Me

Farewell

60.3K 1.3K 1.8K
By o0Elanor0o

This is my first Taekook story. More chapters coming soon!
Hope you enjoy :)
———

Morning rays of sun were coming through the curtains into the room, warming it up in golden light. It was still too early. Too early to get up, or even open the eyes.

At least that's what Jungkook thought as his eyelids fluttered under the warmth of early autumn sun on his face. He turned to his side, hoping he could get few extra minutes of sleep.

But it was hopeless. His mind was racing, it has been keeping him up all night. He felt so tired, desperate to get some sleep...

He heard a noise from downstairs.

Of course, they must be awake already. He thought.

Another noise. And then a louder one.

"Ugh," he groaned, as he flipped to his back, facing the ceiling. "No sleep for me today, I guess."

Suddenly, there was a knock on his door.

"Time to wake up, Jungkook." he heard his mom's voice from behind the door.

"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

This was his last morning in Busan. They were moving to Seoul, where his parents got a new job. And it seemed like they won't come back to his hometown again. That meant that he will have to attend a new school and leave all his friends here. Not that he had many friends, actually he didn't.

But he will have to leave his best friend Yugyeom behind. That thought made his chest hurt. He didn't want to go to Seoul. He knew people there aren't going to be welcoming. His thoughts got interrupted by his phone beeping on the nightstand. A text message.

--Are you awake yet? I hope everything will go well today. I know I shouldn't probably say it, but I will miss you so much--

He pressed reply. His fingers were hovering above the phone screen. All of a sudden, he didn't know what to type.

--Yes, awake and thank you.-- he pressed send, after quickly typing the reply.

Oh, that was dumb...

Yuki, they broke up two weeks ago, after dating for almost three months. They both agreed that it would be better to end their relationship, before he moves.

The image of her smile flashed in his mind.

Oh Yuki.

One day, she approached him while he was eating his lunch during a break in school. She confessed that she's had a crush on him for few years now. None of the girls in his school seemed to be interested in him and he was too shy to ask any of them out. Jungkook couldn't understand what such a pretty girl like her could see in him, but he knew he'd be a fool to refuse her offer to date.

And on this Friday morning he felt like an asshole, rereading the message he sent her.

Is this all I'm going to say to her?

Once again, fingers hovering above the screen...

--I lo_

"Jeon Jungkook, get up from your bed, now!" mom's voice echoed from dowstairs.

He tossed the phone on the bed and with a sigh slowly sat up. Touching the cold floor with bare feet, he stood up and opened up the curtains. The golden light poured fully into the room. Turning away from the window, he caugh a glimpse of his reflection in the mirror.

His black hair was messy, as every morning. He kept staring into those dark brown eyes as it was all a dream and he will wake up into a reality where he won't be leaving Busan. He will still walk to school with Yugyeom, making jokes, talking about girls...

Suddenly he felt a heavy weight on his shoulders, because those dark eyes staring back at him were the reality.

He frowned at himself, reaching up with his hands to touch his still kind of chubby cheeks. He though he would grow out of them, but so far it hasn't happened. He never thought he was handsome and wearing a loose wrinkled T-shirt and old shorts wasn't helping much.

Beep of another text message made him jump. He turned his gaze away from the mirror.

--I bet your lazy ass is still sleeping. You love testing your mother's nerves, don't you? Anyway good luck with everything today. As promised I'll come and visit in October, so don't cry, ok?--

Gyeomie, of course... A small smile spread across Jungkook's face. However only for a second as he felt the weight on his shoulders and tightness in his chest again.

He strode across the room, opening up the window, letting the fresh cold morning air inside.

Take a deep breath, everything will be fine. You will find new friends. Besides, there's nothing going on in Busan, it's boring. Seoul is where it's at. It will be great. Right?... Right?

He felt a lump in his throat and tears started to well up in his eyes. Yugyeom joking about him crying wasn't far from truth.

He slapped himself in the face.

Be a man!

He took one last deep breath, quickly closed the window and went downstairs. Everything there, was a mess. The furniture was almost gone and the place which used to be the kitchen was now a jungle of boxes.

"Morning" his voice was hoarse.

The parents weren't paying any attention to him as they were busy packing last few things before moving.

His stomach grumbled. From a box labeled as "snacks" he fished out a chocolate bar.

Eh, this will do.

Before he could even take a bite of the bar, it got snatched from his hand by mom, who was passing by.

"Your breakfast is ready on the table son, don't think that moving is an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast."

"Where is this table you speak of?"

"Right there," she pointed at a large box shoved in the corner. And indeed on top of it on a paper plate were served some eggs and toast.

"Don't be picky, that will have to do for now. Eat quickly the moving truck will be here in a while."

As he was absent mindedly chewing his breakfast from the paper plate, on a cardboard box, with a plastic cutlery, the moving slowly began. And their house kept getting
emptier and emptier. And the tightness in his chest grew greater and greater.

"Son," he got interrupted from his thoughts by his dad placing a hand on his shoulder, "you really don't want to make mom more nervous, so go and change your clothes and bring the rest of your stuff down. We will be leaving any minute."

Without saying a word he did what dad told him to do. He changed into black jeans, white T-shirt, a simple bomber jacket, beanie to cover his messy hair, then put on his favorite boots and in the next moment he was already sitting in the backseat of their car. His parents arguing in the front, but their voices were distant.

Goodbye Busan. Goodbye Yugyeom. Goodbye Yuki.

He didn't send that second message to Yuki. Somehow, he couldn't. He wasn't sure of his feelings towards her.

I didn't deserve her. I didn't deserve her love.
Love? Did she really love me?

It was all too much, he was confused, his mind racing again. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out earphones and as the car moved he chose the playlist with a saddest music on his phone.

The wekened flew by, the moving on Friday went smoothly and the next two days were filled with unpacking, cleaning and organising.

By Sunday evening their new apartment in Seoul looked half decent. However it felt strange to move from a house to an apartment complex. Jungkook's new room was fairly big. There was enough space for a large bed, a wardrobe, desk with a chair, a wall mirror, a small couch and a bookshelf. He also had his own bathroom.

The sun was slowly setting on the horizon above the ocean of grey buildings which was from now on the view from his room.

He was staring blankly at his phone. No messages, no calls, nothing. Tomorrow, it will be the first day in his new school. And he didn't know anyone here.
His yellow uniform was already ironed and hanged in the wardrobe, all the textbooks packed in his backback. He was constantly going over the Seoul map, trying to figure out the bus line to his new school and then he didn't know how but he drifted off to sleep.

The sound of  the alarm woke him up the next morning, his parents were already gone. He was confused as he still hasn't gotten used to waking up in his new room. Then he realised it's Monday and time to go to school. He quickly walked to the mirror.

Shit! He had marks on his face from the sheets as he feel asleep face down, plus his hair was standing in all the directions. He rushed to the bathroom and vigorously washed his face with a soap, hoping the marks would go away. Then he attacked his hair with a brush, wanting to tame it and somehow succeeding. He ate his breakfast as fast as he could.

With food still in his mouth he took off his T-shirt and grabbed the uniform from the wardrobe. He put on the shirt and started to button it up. Only there was a little problem...

"Oh, hell no," he groaned with full mouth, as he noticed that a part of the uniform is also a tie. He had no idea how to tie it, as the uniform at his previous school was a lot more causal and didn't include a tie.

He was already a bit late, his fingers worked quickly on the buttons. He took of his sleeping shorts and quickly slipped on the uniform pants. He followed with the uniform jacket. The tie was problematic, but he didn't have more time. He just grabbed his backpack, put on his shoes and with the tie in his hand walked to the hall of their apartment and stopped in front of the door. He clenched his chest, there it was, the tightness which was now almost familiar. And his shoulder were being crushed yet again by that invisible weight.

Taking a deep breath he opened the door, hoping the first day in the new school won't suck. At the same exact moment the door of the opposite apartment opened.

There stood a handsome brown haired guy in the same yellow uniform.

Jungkook stopped, surprised. The tightness in his chest and the weight on his shoulders, as he looked at that guy, disappeared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

859K 45.5K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
256K 11.5K 35
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
771K 30.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
857K 39.9K 170
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one