Farewell

This is my first Taekook story. More chapters coming soon!
Hope you enjoy :)
———

Morning rays of sun were coming through the curtains into the room, warming it up in golden light. It was still too early. Too early to get up, or even open the eyes.

At least that's what Jungkook thought as his eyelids fluttered under the warmth of early autumn sun on his face. He turned to his side, hoping he could get few extra minutes of sleep.

But it was hopeless. His mind was racing, it has been keeping him up all night. He felt so tired, desperate to get some sleep...

He heard a noise from downstairs.

Of course, they must be awake already. He thought.

Another noise. And then a louder one.

"Ugh," he groaned, as he flipped to his back, facing the ceiling. "No sleep for me today, I guess."

Suddenly, there was a knock on his door.

"Time to wake up, Jungkook." he heard his mom's voice from behind the door.

"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

This was his last morning in Busan. They were moving to Seoul, where his parents got a new job. And it seemed like they won't come back to his hometown again. That meant that he will have to attend a new school and leave all his friends here. Not that he had many friends, actually he didn't.

But he will have to leave his best friend Yugyeom behind. That thought made his chest hurt. He didn't want to go to Seoul. He knew people there aren't going to be welcoming. His thoughts got interrupted by his phone beeping on the nightstand. A text message.

--Are you awake yet? I hope everything will go well today. I know I shouldn't probably say it, but I will miss you so much--

He pressed reply. His fingers were hovering above the phone screen. All of a sudden, he didn't know what to type.

--Yes, awake and thank you.-- he pressed send, after quickly typing the reply.

Oh, that was dumb...

Yuki, they broke up two weeks ago, after dating for almost three months. They both agreed that it would be better to end their relationship, before he moves.

The image of her smile flashed in his mind.

Oh Yuki.

One day, she approached him while he was eating his lunch during a break in school. She confessed that she's had a crush on him for few years now. None of the girls in his school seemed to be interested in him and he was too shy to ask any of them out. Jungkook couldn't understand what such a pretty girl like her could see in him, but he knew he'd be a fool to refuse her offer to date.

And on this Friday morning he felt like an asshole, rereading the message he sent her.

Is this all I'm going to say to her?

Once again, fingers hovering above the screen...

--I lo_

"Jeon Jungkook, get up from your bed, now!" mom's voice echoed from dowstairs.

He tossed the phone on the bed and with a sigh slowly sat up. Touching the cold floor with bare feet, he stood up and opened up the curtains. The golden light poured fully into the room. Turning away from the window, he caugh a glimpse of his reflection in the mirror.