Life as a Minecraft Block

By Rilakkuma0418

More

Introduction
Wood
Cobblestone
A/N
Iron Ore
A/N 2 ?!
Butter Ore
A/N 3
Diamond Ore
A/N 4
Dirt
Bedrock (byXjolin)
Emerald Block (by Xjolin)
A/N 5
A/N 6
Bedrock
A/N 7
Emerald
Fence
Air (Troll Edition)
Grass
Snow
A/N 8
Bow
A/N 9
THANKS
Stained Clay (Red)
WHAT?!
Glass
A/N 10
Slime Block
Lava
A/N 11
Redstone Ore
Granite (by googoo2323)
Air
A/N 12

Obsidian

52 5 19
By Rilakkuma0418

"Don't you think I'm just so hot?"

"You may be hot, but you'll never be as cool as me."

"Guys, quit it! Y'all just woke me up." I groaned as, once again, I woke to lava and water talking about how cool or hot they are. How annoying.

"Don't be rude! We're basically your parents, you know. Show some respect." lava chided.

Right. My parents. If you couldn't already tell, I came into being because of lava and water, which forms obsidian. They never let me forget that I came into existence because of them, they bring it up every time I try to tell them to keep quiet. Sighs, sometimes I just want to have a little peace and quiet, you know?

Oh, and if you're wondering, no, lava doesn't hurt me, nothing much does, really, since I'm one of the most durable blocks around. The player in this world has tried to mine me with an iron pickaxe before, which tickled, but gave up after realising he could only do it with a diamond pickaxe. So, no, even being mined doesn't hurt.

Anyway, I digress. Lava and water are just so so so annoying sometimes I wish I was just somewhere, anywhere, away from them. Oh well, nothing much I can—

"Obby! Be careful! Hide yourself!" water shouted, interrupting my thought.

"Oh my goodness! Yes, hide yourself! Save yourself, my son!" lava echoed.

What on earth are they talking about? Why don't I understand any of it?

Then, I saw the cause for their alarm. A player was coming in our direction. This time, with a diamond pickaxe.

"He must have gotten it recently and come back to kill us!" my obsidian neighbour, Freddy shrieked.

"Ooh yeah! I finally got my diamond pickaxe and I can now mine obsidian! I'm so excited to go to the nether!" the player whooped with joy.

He came over and started mining us. "One, two, three..."

I prayed that he would get enough obsidian before he reached me. As much as I said I disliked being near the always chattering water and lava, I realise now that I do not want to be separated from them, from the two substances that basically made me. Why did I think I wanted to be taken away from them? Now my wish might actually come true.

"Ah, here's the ninth one!" the player muttered as he started to mine me.

I braced myself for the pain that was sure to follow. But to my surprise, it wasn't painful at all! There was just a strange tickling sensation. Was he using the right pickaxe?

Pop! I was suddenly sucked into the player's inventory. I got my answer—he was using the right pickaxe. Lucky him.

I met 8 other obsidian blocks, including Freddy, that lived around me in his inventory and we nervously chattered about what he was going to do with us. We weren't sure what use we were to him, but we fervently hoped that we wouldn't be crafted into something else. We've heard so many horror stories about being squashed in with other blocks during crafting!

All of a sudden, one obsidian block disappeared. Soon after, everyone vanished one by one. What was going on?

Pop! I landed on top of Freddy, on a grass patch beside a huge house. Oh wow, is this the player's house? It is pretty impressive, if I do say so myself. The decorations are on point.

"Hey Fred! What are we doing here?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe we're just... Oh no, he's coming with a flint and steel! Is he going to burn us?" Freddy cried.

All 9 of us started screaming and shouting all at once, thinking that we were going to be burned alive, but when the player lit one of the obsidian blocks at the bottom, we didn't burn! Instead, there was this shimmery purple viscous fluid that was suddenly contained within the 9 of us.

Woah, what is that?

Without warning, the player stepped in the purple fluid and in a flash, we were in this place with strange red soil around us, with weird looking pigs holding swords around us. What is this place? There was even lava around!

"Yes! I've finally managed to come to the nether! Time to start looking for a stronghold..." the player said as he went off.

"Uhh guys? Where are we? What's a 'nether'?" I heard someone ask.

"You guys have come to the nether, which is another dimension in Minecraft." a gruff voice said.

We looked around and saw the weird looking pig talking to us. No one responded. We were still in shock at our surroundings.

"I'm Patrick, a zombie pigman. I'm a mostly peace-loving dead pig. Don't worry, nothing will happen to you guys!" the zombie pigman said.

At first, we were still a little apprehensive about our new surroundings, but after chatting with Patrick and learning more about the nether, we realised that this is not such a scary place at all! We even made friends with a ghast and the netherrack around us! How cool!

As we were talking to the other blocks, we heard footsteps and saw the player coming back. Once again, confusion set in. What was he doing now?

He stepped through the purple fluid again and we were back in the normal world! What is going on? I don't think I've ever been so confused in my entire life as I have been today. Being mined, going to the surface and going to a new dimension has really jumbled up my
brain.

After the player went into his house, he came back out again and stepped through us. We suddenly appeared in the nether again. How strange! The player once again set off, but in another direction this time.

We saw that Patrick was still there and asked him about what we just experienced. After asking Patrick a ton of questions, we finally understood what was going on, and actually found ourselves to be in a really quite fortunate situation! Apparently, we are now a 'portal' for the player, and we would just teleport here and back every time the player stepped through! It's really fun because we get to talk to the different blocks around us in the different dimensions! In the normal world, we talked to the grass blocks and in the nether, we talked to the mobs around too! We considered ourselves fortunate, since we've heard many many stories on how terrible a mined block's life could be. However, I did miss my parents. Yes, I called them my parents. Even though they were usually very noisy, I miss them so much! They've been there with me since I came to life and, I just really miss them and wish that I could see them again. I'll never complain about their bickering ever again! Sigh... Even though my life is good now, I wish I could still be near them, why did I ever wish to be away from them?

~~~

Whoop are y'all surprised that I updated? I surprised myself too HAHAH I just decided to check Wattpad and saw that people still read my stories and some asked if I was dead. So I felt really inspired to get out a story!

I don't play Minecraft anymore (my school schedule absolutely does not allow it zzz) and I'm going to be really busy this year as I have a very major exam at the end of the year! I'll keep Wattpad on my phone and maybe update once in a while when I'm feeling motivated? No promises though.

I know this story is really long and draggy but please forgive me, I haven't written these in a long time. But do let me know how long y'all would like my stories to be! As always, leave some comments on my writing, or story ideas for me to write about!

Today's story idea came from DarkDragon77, who said:
'Maybe do obsidian, that lives in between lava and water, that gets mined and made into a nether portal.'
Thank you for the idea!

Signing out,
Rilakkuma0418

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51 1 14
I started thinking of this plot back in 2017 and started making it this year.
206K 6.1K 17
*CHRISTMAS SPECIAL* One clear night, Collin wishes upon a shooting star... and now he's trapped in the world of Minecraft. With no knowledge on getti...
0 0 16
haha this was an old minecraft story me and my cousin made when we were in middle school wouldnt it be funny if i uploaded it? :)
177K 1.1K 10
Well, making another one of these, though I haven't made one in a long time. I haven't had a lot of time do really come up with anything, also becaus...