The McGarrett Sister

By madisonalea

"Tragedy is something that will take its toll on everyone sometime in their life. For some, it happens sooner... More

prologue: begining
prologue: middle
prologue: end
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five

six

3.6K 55 3
By madisonalea

Recap:

"Do we know who Rhea is?" Chin looked to me.

Steve replied,"She could be the birth mother."

Chin nodded,"I'm running the name and cross-referencing with everyone in Jen's life."

"Do we know where the call originated?" I looked to Danny when he spoke.

"It came from an unlisted number in Lana'i a couple of days ago."

I recognized that,"Wait, uh, there's a commune on Lana'i that's been red-flagged by several government agencies. They're the only ones on the island."

Steve nodded,"That's got to be where Jen is."

Emily McGarrett's POV

We arrived by plane on the Island of Lana'i. After landing, a man offered to take us to the land where Jen could be held at.

We all piled in to the Jeep, Kono behind the passenger, myself in the middle, and Danny behind the driver. Steven got the front, of course.

The driver started telling us about the cult. "They had bought an old plantation at the end of Kaena Trail around 20 years ago."

"Who runs it?" Steve looked over to him.

"Haole by the name of Steven Carter."

"This Steven Carter?" Steve showed him a picture that was attached to a file. He nodded.

"Yep. That's our island's Jim Jones."

Next to me, Danny nodded,"Nice. How many people drinking his punch?" I laughed.

The driver continued,"Carter started with about two families. Now he's got about 50 people on that property, mostly militia types, isolationists living off the grid, thinking modern-day society means all its trappings is the work of the Devil. This island is not only their home, it's their Garden of Eden. They'll do anything to protect it."

Steve directed his gaze back to Danny, and then to the driver,"I assume they're armed."

"I wouldn't bet against it, but I know someone who's been on the other side of those walls who might be able to give you a better picture."

We all nodded and he continued into Lana'i City. We reached a store, and the driver directed us inside.

"Yeah, I've been inside. Barely much living. Carver's got them thinking it's paradise."

I turned my gaze to Kono as she spoke. "Do you know if one of his followers is a woman named Rhea?" He looked shocked that Kono had heard of the name.

"Yeah, she's Carver's daughter." My eyes widened.

"Okay, please, if you can, when was the last time you saw her?"

"Oh, a couple days ago, she came in to use the phone."

"Okay." I looked at the man with hope. "Is this her?" I held up the picture that was sent with the letter that Kono found.

"Yeah, it's an old one, but that's Rhea."

"Okay, so Carver's been the one exchanging e-mails with Jen. He wasn't lying; this is her birth mother." I nodded to Steve.

"Which makes Carver Jen's grandfather." I turned to look at Danny.

"Does Carver have any weapons up there?"

The store owner turned to look at my brother as he replied,"He has rifles, uses 'em to hunt." Steve nods.

"Okay, I'm going to need you to draw a map of the compound. Can you do that?"

"Sure." He's about to leave when someone walks in. "Uh, can I help you?" We all turn around and looked at him. He left when he saw us.

"Is he one of them?" I ask the store owner.

"Yeah."

"Danny, Emily." Steve says warningly. We both start to walk out.

"Okay, he made us." I heard Kono in the background.

"Wait, whoa." I heard my brother say, making Danny and I slow down.

"Listen, he's gonna go back to the compound, tell Carver we're here, and Carver's going to run."

We turn around, just as Steve begins to speak,"What's the fastest way up there?"

"There's only one road in... unless."

Danny and I join them again,"Unless what?" 2 minutes later, we were on horses. "This is the only way in-- on an animal." Danny complained while Kono and I snickered. "We couldn't have got an ATV or a golf cart or something like...?" Steve glanced at him.

"Did you say ATV?"

"I did."

"They wouldn't hear an ATV from a mile away, would they, Danny? But you know what? Your whining is probably louder than the ATV."

"Whining?" Danny asks incredulously.

"Yeah, you're whining."

"How long have you two been married?" I gave Kono a high five and we both laughed. The boys shut up after that.

"Whoa, whoa, that's it, right there." I looked up from my saddle and gasped. It was a farm-like compound. Extremely large, and dirty.

We eventually made our way to a fence, no one was around, and we had left the horses tied up in hiding, hoping they wouldn't be found. Steve pulled out his knife and cut the wire fence. We ducked in and hid behind some equipment.

"Okay, so according to the map, Carver's cabin is right in the middle of the compound, okay? If Jen is here, that's where he is gonna be holding her." Steve said.

"Wait, I think that's her." We looked to where Kono was pointing. They were holding a woman by her arms and walking across the compound.

"Okay, come on, we got to move." I agreed with Danny's statement and we started moving. 

We got to the building they were taking her to first. So when the man went to open the door, Steve came around and grabbed him. The other one came to help, but Danny had his gun out. "On the ground. Get on the ground, face down and hands on your head!" The men complied. Then, while Kono and I went to get Jen, Danny and Steve put them in the building.

"It's okay Jen, were not going to hurt you. We're the police. We're Five-0." Kono and I walked up to Jen, and I removed the bag that was over her head. It wasn't Jen.

"Where's Jen?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know." It was Rhea. I gestured for Steve to come over.

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"My father found out you were coming, and he took her." We all went in the building, coming up with a plan.

"We've got company!" Danny looked directly at me as he said it, and we ducked. Shots came through the windows, but not fast, meaning they were not very experienced. Steve shot two when Danny yelled,"Whoa! Please! Can we try not to kill everybody in the compound, okay? One of these hippies might know where Jen is, all right?"

Steve grumbled,"Fine."

"Which means we only need one." I looked at Danny, who nodded. "On the count of three?" The boys nodded. "One! Two! Three!" The three of us each hit a window square, rapidly shooting out.

When the ones in front of the building were down, the four of us ran out and around the building.

"Emily, down!" I ducked just as Steve shot the man coming around the corner. I nodded to him and Steve turned back around. A minute later, we were done shooting, and find Kono holding a gun to a guy with a bloody nose. Ha! She has a nice right hook.

"Where's Jen? Where did Carver take her? Don't make me ask you again." She pointed the gun more prominently at him.

He finally responded,"He has a plane."

"Where is the plane?"

"Two miles west of here. But you'll never catch him."

We got back to the horses, but Steve was the only one that went. We all went to get the local police.
-------------------

After arriving home, we all rushed Jen to the hospital. Her biological mother came with us as well. 

After receiving a request from Jen, I walked up to Rhea and Kono who were sitting in the waiting room.

"Rhea? There is someone who would like to meet you." She looked at me with so much happiness, it made my heart explode. I watched the introduction, and the immediate hug afterward.
-------------------

Two hours later

We had gone back to the palace, and we were all working on paperwork. But all of a sudden, Danny's door opened and he walked to me quickly.

"Do you think we could postpone our surfing until tomorrow morning?" I nodded. "Thanks. 8:00." He rushed out the doors before I could answer, causing me to look after him, lost.

Looking back at the work in front of me, Kono glanced at me. "What?"

"Go. Find out what's wrong with him." I nodded and ran through the doors and down the stairs, watching Danny walk out of the front doors.

"Danny!" He turned and I caught up with him on the sidewalk. "Are you okay?" He nodded briefly.

"Yes, but I have to go." I have him a hard look. "Stanley decided to cut their trip short, and now, Grace is at my house, alone. Because they thought I was home." I nodded, walking up to him.

"She's okay, Danny." I gave him a hug and he nodded. "Go. I'll see you in the morning." He nodded and jogged to his car. I headed back into the building as he zoomed off. About to go up to wait for Steve, considering I had finished my paperwork a while ago, I was stopped by Steven walking down the stairs.

"Where were you at."

"Checking on Danny." He nodded with a glint in his eyes.

"I'm leaving, are you coming with?" I nodded walked out with him.

"I brought my car, I'll see you at home." He nodded and we both departed to our vehicles.

We got home, and decided to order a pizza. I changed into more comfortable clothes, as did Steve. We sat down to watch an old western.

"What do you think about Danny?" He asked. I turned to look at him.

"He's okay." I laughed at his bored expression. "He's a good friend."

"Did you have anything else in mind?" I slap his arm and he chuckles.

"We are surfing tomorrow." I was just letting him know, but he turns to me, completely ignoring the TV.

"He's surfing. On purpose. Wait a second.. you got him to go near the water?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, Steve, this is Hawaii. It's what people do here."

"Not Danny. That man hates everything about the beach, everything."

"He told me that, but he agreed." Steve's eyes widened.

"He still really hates the beach. Only goes if Gracie begs him for weeks. Which means that he must really, I mean really like you." I chuckled.

"That's nonsense Steven. He was just being nice." Steve shook his head and was about to continue, when someone knocked on the door. "Pizza's here! I'll answer it." Steve got up, but I beat him to the door, only to realize he was going to the kitchen. I grabbed my wallet from the side table and walked to the door, opening it. I gasped a little. It was not the pizza guy. Instead, it was Catherine, in front of me.

"So you are into pizza delivery now?" We laughed, but she seemed a little confused.

I squealed a little, and she looked surprised. I hugged her, welcoming her inside. Steve walked out of the kitchen, barely glancing at me before walking over to the DVD player and changing the movie.

"What kind of pizza did you order, Em?" I chuckle, he is so oblivious sometimes.

"Wow Steve, I thought you would be happier to see me." His head snapped around at the sound of her voice.

"Catherine?" She laughed while he just stood there in shock, but walked over to the door and gave her a big hug. "I missed you, so.. so much." She sighed.

"I missed you too." They continued to talk, while I walked back to the couch, going to un-pause the movie, but was cut off by another knock on the door. Groaning, I got up and answered the door. Paying for the pizza and then walking back to the couch. We all ate and continued to watch the movie.

Deciding to take a shower before going to bed, I walked towards the bathroom door.

"Hey Em?" I turned around. "If anything happens between the two of you, and things go south, I need you to stay, okay?" I looked at his face. It held sadness and guilt. I walk over to him and give him a loving hug.

"I'll let you know if anything happens. And Steve?" He turned around. "If things go bad with Catherine again, I love you." He smiled.

"Goodnight, love you."

"Night."

After I had showered, I actually didn't feel tired. So, I walked to my duffle and pulled out Josh's notebook. I sat on my bed, opening it up to read the first letter I came to.

Hey Ly,
Today was our first day with the new teammates. Smith looks like a real hard-ass, and Jax looks like a child in the candy store. The look on their faces when the Commander said that you were the captain, that is something I will never forget. You have accomplished so much, and I am so proud of you.
   You know, we have talked about becoming SEALs since we were 11. Seems a little early, but we did. You said they would never let a girl in, and they probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for your persistent training we do every week. We worked so hard to be where we are, and I am so glad I made it with you. We have made it so far, and I know we can make it the rest of the way.
-Love Josh
-------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 826 31
THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK OF THE 'Breaking Free' SERIES. 2nd BOOK WILL BE UPLOADED IN SEPTEMBER ❤️ Yasmin Lang was meant to be the new head of the famil...
9.7K 169 13
Laine Parker went to school with Steve since they were eight and was a Navy SEAL alongside him as well. The two were like siblings and were best frie...
7.7K 185 27
This story is a sequel to the first book "REAL LIFE" if you haven't read it yet, go and enjoy :)
26.8K 637 28
What happens when Steve gets an unexpected call from his sister? Will the guys be shocked? Would they even let it his sister? Let alone a girl? What...