I'm Only Human (Justin Bieber...

By UndercoverGirl26

Popstar sensation Justin Bieber has been the victim of paparazzi for months and months now. They’ve bothered... More

Introduction
~ Prologue ~
Ch. 1 - Music To My Ears?
Ch. 2 - She's A Fan
Ch. 3 - Cali, Baby
Ch. 4 - Turned Up
Ch. 5 - Questions
Ch. 6 - Text Messages
Ch. 7 - Being A Guest, Getting A Guest
Ch. 8 - Only Her
Ch. 9 - What It Meant
Ch. 10 - He's Dead
Ch. 11 - San (Die)go
Ch. 12 - Fun Gone Wrong
Ch. 13 - Where Did We Go Wrong?
Ch. 14 - Going Through It Alone
Ch. 15 - Heartbreaker
Ch. 16 - Make It Right
Ch. 17 - You Kinda Ruined Me
Ch. 18 - Guy Problems
Ch. 19 - Quite A Large Mess
Ch. 20 - Time Is Ticking
Ch. 21 - The Real Question Is...
Ch. 22 - Canuck Beaver
Ch. 23 - Giggly
Ch. 24 - Allegations
Ch. 25 - Not Broken
Ch. 26 - Rainy Moods
Ch. 27 - Won't Give Up
Ch. 28 - Misery Loves Company
Ch. 29 - If You Give Me A Chance
Ch. 30 - You Just Don't Give Up
Ch. 31 - Build It Up Or Fall Apart
Ch. 33 - Where To Look
Ch. 34 - Getting Nowhere
Ch. 35 - Better
Ch. 36 - Trying To Move On
Ch. 37 - Don't Hate Me
Ch. 38 - Do You Believe Me Now?
Ch. 39 - Wait... What?
Ch. 40 - Concert Numero Uno
Ch. 41 - Belieb In The Biebs
Ch. 42 - Trapped
Ch. 43 - You'll Be Happy
Ch. 44 - Can't Believe This Is Happening
Ch. 45 - Face-To-Face
Ch. 46 - I Understood
Ch. 47 - Hidden Mistake
Ch. 48 - Her Secret
Ch. 49 - Ache
Ch. 50 - Lingering Feelings
Ch. 51 - Now or Never
Ch. 52 - Accusations
Ch. 53 - After One
Ch. 54 - Walk The Distance
Ch. 55 - You And Me
Ch. 56 - Me And You
Ch. 57 - Problems
Ch. 58 - Jackie's Situation
Ch. 59 - By Your Side
Ch. 60 - The Surprise
Ch. 61 - Midnight
Ch. 62 - What Ever Happened To That Girl
Ch. 63 - Unexpected News
Ch. 64 - In Some Deep Shit
Ch. 65 - More Guy Problems
Ch. 66 - Still Alive Today
Ch. 67 - Fuzzy
Ch. 68 - Silent Night
Ch. 69 - Coincidence
Ch. 70 - Should We?
Ch. 71 - Memories
Ch. 72 - Well...
Ch. 73 - Slim Chance
Ch. 74 - Messing Up
Ch. 75 - For Now
Ch. 76 - An Agreement
Ch. 77 - The Miller Family
Ch. 78 - Stars That Sparkle Your Name
Ch. 79 - Don't Know What To Do
Ch. 80 - Unforgettable Scent
Ch. 81 - Apologies
Ch. 82 - An Old Friend
Ch. 83 - Warmed My Heart
~ Epilogue ~

Ch. 32 - Radio

99.4K 1.3K 684
By UndercoverGirl26

 ~ Chapter 32: Radio  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

“I was beginning to wonder when you’d show up,” Za laughed, clasping hands with Twist as they shared a brotherly hug.

Twist grinned, pulling out the blunt in his mouth and puffing out smoke. “Yeah, it took me a while but here I am.” He looked over at me, his smile widening. “Canuck!” he yelled. “How are ya?!”

He walked over to where I stood and leaned in to give me a hug but I shoved him away. “Don’t fucking call me that,” I muttered, snatching the blunt from his hand before scolding him. “What the fuck is wrong with you? Don’t smoke in here.”

Stepping towards the window, I tossed the cigar and watched it fall several stories until it hit the ground. Twist let out a noise of disapproval.

“Hey!” he complained. “Why would you do that?”

“I fucking told you why!” I screamed at him, trying hard not to rip all my hair out. Twist blinked twice at me and let out a small sigh.

“Did you get my text message?” he asked, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

I froze. All the anger pulsing throughout me was replaced with pure anxiousness. I slumped my shoulders, glancing at Za and Jackie, who were both watching the scene between Twist and I unfold in front of their eyes.

“Not now, Twist,” I gave him a look. A look that told him this isn’t the right time nor the place for this conversation. A look that told him we were the only ones in the room who knew my little secret, and I couldn’t afford to let that secret spill at this very moment.

“What do you mean ‘not now’? We need to talk about this, what are you going to do?” he tried to provoke an answer out of me.

“I said drop the subject,” I growled lowly.

“Whoa, whoa, what’s going on?” Za spoke up, “What are you two talking about? What text message?”

“Nothing!” I yelled. “Just leave me the fuck alone.” I sped towards Twist and pinned him up against the wall, leaning to his ear so only he could hear me. “I blame you, you know,” my voice dripped venom as I pushed harder, causing him to yelp out in slight pain.

“B-Blame me? For what?” he frowned, attempting to shove me back, but I was too strong.

“If you didn’t fucking make me go to that party, I wouldn’t have been encouraged by all you fuckers to smoke anything, and we wouldn’t be in this position right now,” I growled lowly.

“How is it my fault that you agreed to go, smoked weed and fucked a girl? How is that all on me? I didn’t do shit, you did. I’m on your side, Justin,” Twist glared at me.

I tightened my fists on his collar. “Fredo offered me to stay with him that day. He told me partying isn’t the most important thing in life—that I should just chill back with him. He said I needed rest, not to go to some birthday party for someone I didn’t even know. You argued with him, Twist. You wanted me to go with you so you were against everything Fredo said. But, as always, he was right. If I only would’ve stayed with him… Now he’s gone…”

Twist grabbed my arms and began trying to push me off of him. “What do you mean he’s gone?”

“Guys!” Za yelled. “Break off the fight already! What are you guys, five?!”

I shut my eyes, trying hard not to think of Alfredo. Truth is, I wanted him to come back to me. He’s one of my best friends and he always knew what was best for everyone—including me.

Letting go of Twist, I took two steps back and tried to regain my composure. Without saying a word, I stomped off towards Jackie, stopping right in front of her and gently grabbing her hand. My voice lowered and became soft as I squeezed her hand lightly. “Let’s go,” I whispered.

She opened her mouth to question me but I tugged on her hand to get her to start walking and then I led her out of the hotel suite without saying a word to the Lil’s. We sneakily made our way out of the entire building and I knew Jackie wanted to ask me where exactly we were going, but she didn’t dare say anything.

I guess she trusts me.

We soon got to the parking lot and I opened the passenger side door for Jackie and waited until she got inside my car before I made my way around to the driver’s side. I revved up the car and pulled onto the road, making my way down several streets at a time.

The air around us was silent, and I guess Jackie realized that and decided to turn on the radio so that music could feel the gap. I bit my lip and frowned, letting out a small sigh.

“Turn that down,” I said, a wave of deja-vu tingling in my spine. Jackie let out a pout before leaning forwards and turning down the volume. “More,” and she lowered it again. “A little more,” I repeated and soon, the radio was off.

“Why do you always do that?” she turned to me, a sense of annoyance in her voice.

“Do what?” I glanced at her quickly before focusing on the road again.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about,” she mumbled. “You always make me turn off the radio.”

“I’ve only done it once before, you know.”

“Well this is your second time,” she countered, crossing her arms. “I just want to know why you’re a famous singer who doesn’t like to listen to music in the car. It’s a little weird considering you’re a musician.”

“I just don’t like listening to the radio,” I spoke slowly.

“Why not? What’s so bad about it?” she asked, reaching forwards again and turning the radio back on, raising the volume a little bit. “See? This isn’t so bad.”

Upon hearing the radio back on, I immediately felt uncomfortable. “Could you please not do that?” I snarled.

“Why? It’s just Katy Perry,” she joked, considering the song Roar was playing.

“Please…” I muttered, “Turn it off.”

Jackie stared at me as if she couldn’t believe what she was hearing. I can already imagine what’s going on inside her brain. How could anyone hate listening to the radio?, she was probably thinking.

A few seconds later, Katy Perry’s song ended and the radio show host began introducing a new song.

“That was Roar by Katy Perry! If y’all like what you’re hearing, you better stay another minute because this is the premiere of Alicia Louise’s new single, Love Me, Baby!”

A new beat began playing and soon, Alicia’s singing voice filled the entire car. Jackie’s mouth gaped open and she looked at me with the most apologetic look I’ve ever seen on her face before.

She finally figured it out.

That’s why I avoid the radio. That’s why I don’t listen to it when I’m driving. I’m always scared that the radio station would somehow end up playing one of Alicia’s songs, considering we’re both one of the most famous singers in the current pop industry. I’m always scared I’d have to hear her sing about love. To hear her sing about me, as I’ve sang about her.

My heart ached. I couldn’t handle hearing her sing with her beautiful voice, reminding me of what we were and what we could’ve been.

Jackie awkwardly lowered the volume until, eventually, it was quiet in the car again. She leaned her head against the window and watched the trees pass by.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered. “I didn’t know.”

I bit my lip harder and harder as time went by, trying my best to keep my focus on the road.

“It’s okay,” I muttered.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” her voice was shaky.

I didn’t reply, awkwardly grabbing the wheel tighter with both hands.

“It’s embarrassing,” I surprised myself by speaking. “It’s embarrassing to tell someone how I gave up listening to the radio because I’m scared my ex would come on the station I’m listening to.”

Jackie tapped her fingers against her lap before clashing her hands together and playing with her thumbs. She sat up straight again and looked ahead at the road, her eyebrows raising in confusion.

“Justin?” she called out, her head turning to look at me again. “Where are you taking me?” She stopped playing with her thumbs. “Where are we going?”

I shifted in my seat awkwardly. I was hoping she wouldn’t ask.

“San Diego,” I sighed, stopping at a red light. “I’m taking you back home, Jackie.”

Jackie’s eyes widened, sadness spreading across her features.

“W-What?!” she whimpered. “NO! I told you! I told you I don’t want to go back!”

“It’s best if you just go home…” I locked gazes with her, showing her I was serious.

“Justin, no! Please, please don’t make me leave!” she yelled, tears surfacing her eyes.

I grabbed her hand and looked deep into her eyes. “I know you don’t understand at the moment,” I breathed, “But I’m just doing what’s best.”

She says she’ll never leave me. But it’s so easy to say that when you don’t know the truth. I got a girl pregnant—a girl I don’t even know. She could be a super nice woman or a total bitch, but she’s carrying my child. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t even know if I’m even going to be with her, but how can Jackie and I work out a relationship with that girl in the way? Maybe I should just drop Jackie off at home and let her live a normal life. That’s what I’ve been trying to do all along anyways. Plus, I have a concert in 2 days. Can Jackie even keep up with a schedule like mine?

“I don’t care,” she sobbed, “I don’t care about anything as long as I’m with you.”

“Please don’t make this harder than it has to be,” I ran a hand through my hair, rubbing my forehead in an attempt to stop the incoming headache.

“I’m not making anything hard on anyone,” she protested, “You are! If you just let me stay, we wouldn’t be having this discussion right now.”

“But I can’t let you stay,” I argued.

“Why not?!”

“Because I said no.”

“So what?”

I curled my toes, trying not to get my temper get to me. I breathed in and out and calmed myself before looking at Jackie again. “I’m driving you back to San Diego. That’s final. No more discussions, I already made up my mind.”

“Well I haven’t, and I’m not going back,” she stubbornly yelled before unbuckling her seatbelt and turning away from me.

“Jackie…” I warned, “Jackie, what are you doing?” She unlocked the car door and pulled on the handle, opening the door in the middle of the street. “Jackie!” I yelled, glancing at the stoplight and seeing it was still red, but I knew it would turn green any second and the cars would speed forwards.

“I’m not going back home,” were her last words, before she ran to the sidewalk the minute the lights turned green and ran to the other side before the cars even started forwards.

“Fucking shit,” I screamed, stomping on the wheel in pure anger and speeding down the street so that the other cars wouldn’t honk at me to move. I kept going until I found a turn and I took it as an opportunity to turn around. Just to my luck, there was a nearby parking spot and I quickly fit my car so it parked perfectly and opened the door while taking the keys out of the ignition. I stepped out of the vehicle and slammed the door shut before crossing the street to the side where Jackie ran towards.

Where the fuck did she go?

Is she out of her mind?

I scanned the place, trying to look past unfamiliar faces until I could find her. What am I kidding, she’s not around here. She climbed out of my car a couple blocks north. I wouldn’t find her anywhere around here, but then again, how far did she run?

And how much time do I have to find her before people start to recognize me?

********************

I decided on another surprise chapter because you guys clearly deserve it :)

But oh shit… Will Justin find Jackie? And will she be unharmed?

Guess you’ll have to find out… (hehe)

- Nina xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

549K 12K 24
Tough and scary on the outside, broken and hurt on the inside. That was how 18 year old Justin Bieber was. Ever since his girlfriend of two years lef...
46.9K 941 34
Justin was abused as a kid. Now he's 23, and engaged to his girlfriend of six years, Selena. She is twenty four years old. Justin has constant mood...
694K 7.7K 24
Abused by her father and hidden under makeup to cover the bruises he causes, Lizzy Keegan wants nothing more than to escape. The only way she can thi...
83.7K 3.1K 49
Selena at the age of 15 got involved in a sexual relationship with her Doctor due to his countless seductions , his charm, and drop dead handsome goo...