rivals | colby brock ✔️

By CreateTheMemories

Two different people with two different ideals-- yet share a mutual hatred full of lies and regrets. Ashlyn... More

prologue.
a/n
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two: part one.
twenty-two: part two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
his pov.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
epilogue.
author's final note.
new stories!
colby imagines/shorts book

one.

30.8K 459 550
By CreateTheMemories

"Tell me something I don't know." I sarcastically say.

"Well, I'm not wrong, Ash, you need to get a better camera."

"Um, no duh I do. I just broke it, Captain Obvious." I roll my eyes while holding the broken camera.

My best friend Ellie and I have been packing for California, I'm moving there and she's just coming for the summer. We were trying to film some quick Youtube Videos for my channel so I didn't have to do alot next week when moving into my new apartment. I'm bewildered that I won't be in small state Kansas in seven days. I'm bewildered I won't be living in small state Kansas in seven days, is what I meant.

Off to the big leagues! New adventures and opportunities! Truth is, I'm actually relieved. I won't have to see his face everyday. No, we don't speak of his name. Ever.

Ellie walks over to me and twirls her hair, "Well I guess I can go down to the Apple Store and get a new one with a discount from Colby."

"I told you, we don't speak his fucking name." I glare at her.

"Why, Colby's so nice!" She whines. She likes him, and she knows I hate him. Well I don't actually hate Colby, but he can't change from being my biggest rival. I haven't told my best friend my crush, and yeah it makes me guilty but nobody shall know. Colby has the ability to find out anything he wants, and if he finds out my secret liking to him, my life is over.

"Colby is not nice, he is evil. Evil I tell you!" I point at her.

"Ashlyn Mackenzie Neil, do this for me? We're leaving the whole summer and I probably won't ever see him again. I need to try and take my chances with him one more time before we leave for good," She pleads, "Your camera is a great excuse to talk to him. You won't even have to speak, I'll lie and say it's mine!"

"We're going to the Apple Store El, that's for phones and computers. So you sure as hell will be saying it's your camera." I say.

"So is that a yes?"

"Yea, I want to see you make a fool out of yourself."

"I'll go buy earbuds too, I need some new ones."

"Okay, you'll maybe look less of an idiot then."

"Yay! To the mall!" She yells, dragging me by the arm and out the door.

As we get into the car I say, "Ellie, remember the camera? If you want to talk about fixing your camera, you might want to actually bring it."

"I'll go get that now..."

And we were off.

To go see Blue Valley Highschool's biggest douche. But also the cutest and smartest douche.

/////

"I'm waiting out here." I say, stopping in front of the Apple Entrance and hiding behind the wall.

"Kk, I'm going in," She says while taking in a deep breathe, "Wish me luck!" And she walks into the store.

An employee tries speaking to her, "Hello, welcome to the Ap-" but she just stuck her hand up and walked over to the boy working behind the counter.

"Hey Colby! Uh, I'm having some issues today." She says pouting.

At the moment, I have my head peaking out from the entrance of the store, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation. Ellie and I are so different, she's way too flirty and pretty to be my best friend.

"Hi El, what's up?" He furrows his eyebrows and looks confusingly at the camera. May I also just say, he's got some of the fleekest eyebrows I've ever seen and it makes me hard to concentrate.

"Well, ya see, my camera broke," She sadly says.

"Um. This is the Apple Store." He says scratching his head uncomfortably. "We don't fix cameras or sell any."

I knew it, he's thinking she's an idiot. God I should help her... but then again, I don't want to. HAHA I'm a great person.

I begin to laugh at myself, and before I know it, some employee is walking over to me, asking me if I was okay.

"I'm fine I'm just waiting for my friend." I say, shoving my hands into my back pockets awkwardly.

"Oh, that girl over there?" He says, pointing at Ellie. I nod back but to my surprise, Colby notices me.

"Well, well, the one and only Ashlyn Neil? Spying? No surprise there." Colby says obnoxiously loud to the whole store. I roll my eyes and walk over, with dread.

"Hey counter boy, how does it feel working for someone who isn't you?" I reply.

"Just fine, I'm becoming manager next week actually." He says in a matter of fact type manner. He enjoys flaunting how much pride he has, it makes me sick. Then again, I'm a hypocrite because I'm exactly the same.

"Congratulations, you'll still have a decent job at a window shop." I fake smile. He rolls his eyes.

"So isn't Ellie your best friend? You're here with her aren't you?"

"Really? I thought I was just here to spy." I say with sarcasm while crossing my arms.

"Whatever, I thought you were smart Neil, you know Apple doesn't sell or fix cameras. Why'd you tag along and not tell her that." He says pointing at the camera. Ellie looks a little butt-hurt and chimes, "I'm also here to buy earbuds."

"Okay well, follow me," he motions for her to follow. El quickly decides on a pair of purple and white earbuds and checks out. He asks "Do you want your receipt?"

"Sure, I guess." She shrugs. Before he hands it to her, he quickly writes something down onto it and nonchalantly hands it to her, "Lets hang out."

"Kayy," She winks. I made a gag sound but I was internally a little jealous and pissed that he did that. He gave her his number? Is he just doing that to get on my nerves? I bet he is. What a fuckboy.

"Oh, do you want me throw out your camera or something?" He asks to her.

"Um-"

"No!" I cut Ellie off unintentionally, possibly revealing that it's my camera.

"I'm sorry Ashlyn, but is this your camera?" The look of him trying to interrogate me made my blood boil. So time to take his intelligence to my advantage.

"No, I'm going to try to fix it for her since you were no help," The sass in my voice is selling it hopefully, I don't actually know how to fix the camera.

He looked insulted. "Actually, I can fix it." He says, taking the camera from Ellie.
Time to bring it home baby.

I snatch it back from him, "Sorry, your brain capacity isn't as big as mine, I just need to hit Best Buy and do it myself, for my best friend."

His face starts to scrunch up with agitation. The face he makes when he wants to prove he is better than me. I've seen it enough times to be familiar with the majority of his emotions. He suddenly changes his pissed expression to a calm one and looks at Ellie, "Ellie, will you go out with me?"

Without a moment to spare a high pitch, "Sure!" giddily escapes her mouth.

"Ellie, I'll even fix your camera and do it for free so Ashlyn doesn't have to go buy parts for you at Best Buy." He says smiling, trying to swoon her with his cute charm.

"Well, okay then," she takes the camera from me and hands it to him.

I pretend to look angered and turn around to face my back to him. I feel him smirk, like he just outsmarted me but jokes on him, bitch you don't know shit.

/////

It's been 3 days. The majority of my room and clothes have been packed, and I'm still looking for an apartment that is close by UCLA. My camera was now fixed for free, thanks to the biggest egocentric dumbass.

Also, update on Ellie, she went on one date with Colby and she's like head over heels in love with him. She told me that him talking about band camp was "so hot." I almost regurgitated my lunch at that statement.

They seem like complete opposites. Ellie's also kind of a douche for dating him, because he is my rival. She knows that!

I'm not even sure if Ellie knows the difference between an alto-saxophone and a tenor-saxophone. Most people don't, but I do! Colby doesn't fit with her.

Don't get it twisted, I don't want to date my arch nemesis. But I like him.

I hate liking my rival.

-------------------

HEY FIRST CHAPTER DONE YEAAAH hope ya'll enjoyed, I love Colby and he needs to notice me on twitter. I hope this story gets noticed because this is a pretty good plot in my opinion HAHA liking your enemy, damn that's tough:/

COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE DONT BE SHY BROCK NATION/BROCK STARS i still dk which

hugs, kt

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 569 4
some korean names for you to use in your fanfictions or for anything really highest ranking: #37 in names 。written by JEONKWK
300K 4.2K 38
You and I, together, will always come along with a touch of chaos.
20.4K 566 20
"I fell forever in a daze Till you walked away cause of all the words I didn't say" It's been two weeks since Colby and Vee broke up. They're both at...
138K 1.6K 54
READER DISCRETION ADVISED. I wrote this story when I was in a very dark and toxic relationship. This story glorifies cheating in a way that I'm not p...