The Messenger

By MelixPink

Silver Wellwood is not your average teenager. She lives a normal life. She goes to school and has to do home... More

Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Confessions
Love?
Lost
I'm a Boy!
Outside
Here Goes Nothing
Zombie Attack
Last Breath
His Vision

Fruit

72 4 1
By MelixPink

                     After i've told them the story about the zombie and how he spoke, i can tell their confused. 

"Maybe you should rest." Dylan says gravely. I start to get a bit upset.

"You said you wouldn't think i'm crazy!" i defend myself.

"I don't think you're crazy..." Dylan says stepping closer to me. I back away.

"Don't." i tell him and start to walk away. Annabelle walks off with me. Mouthing ill talk to her to dylan. I just pretended like i didn't notice because i didn't feel like arguing. "You want to take me to that roof?" 

She smiles, "Yes." 

*******

When we reach the roof, i feel super relaxed. I breathe in the fresh warm air. I realized i haven't been out for awhile, so it was super refreshing. And the view from up here was breath taking. I take a seat on the ground and stare out in to the distance. I see a forest. And beyond the forest is the sun starting to go down. The sky is a beautiful color of pink, blue and gold. 

"Beautiful, huh!" She says gracefully.

"Indeed. I miss them." 

"My parents...oh. I mean our parents." i say kind of randomly, but i realized looking at this sunset how much i really do miss them.

"I wish i got to knew them." she says sadly.

"Their amazing." i reply scooting closer to her and putting my arm around her to reassure her. 

"I hope we can cure these things." She says with hope. 

"We will." 

"And i believe you... about the talking zombie....I know you wouldn't make something like that up...I mean why would you even do that!" She laughs a bit.

"i wonder why he said love...that's so weird! You know?!" 

"Maybe he was in love once."

"Oh! Well i was singing a lullaby to him so maybe he recognized it. Or maybe the song just reminded him of love. I dont know. I just find it weird that he understood what i was saying! That gives me so much hope! I only started singing to calm myself down mostly!"

"So weird..." She repeats. "We should head back down." She stands up and helps me up. I take my last look at the scenery and a deep breath, then start to head back down to the zombie and Dylan. When Dylan sees me runs up to me.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to come off as mean or anything earlier! I believe you." He says staring in to my eyes. It's hard to look away or stay mad at him. So i decide to forgive him this time. I step closer to him and he hugs me. 

"i forgive you." I whisper in to his ear. He just hugs me tighter. I then go find a comfy bed to sleep in and quickly fall asleep.

**********

I rub my eyes and roll off my bed. Stretching my arms and legs. I decide to go check up on the zombie. I find him a couple yards down. I notice from far he looks still asleep. When i get closer i notice his eyes are open. Is he dead from shock or something? No, his chest is moving. I walk in to his sight so he clearly sees me. 

"Hi?" I say nervously. I feel crazy trying to talk to this thing, but he did talk to me yesterday so why not. He just stares at me. "You know, i'm trying to help you. I don't know if you understand me, but i want you know i'm going to save you." 

"Understand." He says nodding. I let out a sigh of relief. I walk closer to him. He keeps his eyes glued on me. "Help." he moans. I start to feel super guilty and notice a few tears streaming down my face. Because i can't promise i can save him, but i really hope i can.

"Well, are you hungry?" I ask him while motioning me eating a burger to help him understand more.

"Yes. Blood and brainsssss" He hisses the end. I don't think he meant it in a mean or rude way.

"No, you can't do that. That hurts other people. You're a killer, if you do that. The first step of me helping you, is you giving up blood, brains, and people in general." i say nice as possible.

"F-f-f-fruit?" He asks in a stutter.

"I'll be back!" I smile at him. He still makes no emotion. He nods and watches me walk away. I run to the cafeteria and search the whole entire place until i fine a can of cocktail fruit. I grab a fork and run back up to him. While i'm walking back i see Dylan sitting on top of the zombie. 

"What are you doing?!" I shout. Running towards them now. Dylan is trying to forcefully force pills in to the zombies mouth. The zombie is just screaming uncontrollably. I push Dylan to the ground.

"What the hell Silver?" Dylan yells at me. I flinch because i wasn't expecting his rought reaction. Even the zombie stopped screaming.

"Don't be mean to him!" I yell back. I notice Annabelle walking by us.

"You're defending that...thing?" Dylan looks at me in disgust.

"Were trying to save him. Not drug him up everytime he opens his eyes! I thought we were on the same page yesterday. But I guess not. Just leave." He stares at me a bit hurt. Then walks out.

"What just happened?" Annabelle asks sitting next to me.

"He was trying to drug up the zombie. He's just hungry. I asked him. He's going to try to eat this fruit!" I smile at her

"He is?" She says confused.

"Y-y-yes." The zombie answers. Annabelle gasps, then turns to look at him. She examines his face.

"You weren't lying alright!" She tells me. I laugh and open the can. I then poke a cherry and grape on to the fork. 

"Okay. So lets try this?" i say in a question. He nods and keeps his eyes on me. He opens his mouth and i place the fork on to his tongue. He closes his mouth and i swipe the fork out. Watching his reaction. He slowly chews, then swallows. "sooooo?" 

"More." The zombie says. I then scoot a chair up to him so i can continue feeding him like a child. I laugh at the fact a zombie is eating a can of fruit. I notice the zombie isn't the same color as yesterday. Yesterday he was a dark grey greenish color, but today he's just gray. The green tone faded. Weird. 

"So, uh, zombie dude...You gotta name?" Annabelle asks.

He stares at her for a moment. I think he's thinking of how to phrase his words. I imagine it must be hard for him.

"Don't...know?" He says confused. 

"Well, lets start small. What did it start with?"

"Dont...know." He repeats.

"Hmmm. Well you need a name zombie! Unless you like the name zombie?

"No" He answers offended. I giggle a bit. 

"Well what would you like to be called. Your choice. Any name thing in the world." Annabelle smiles at him. And for the first time ever, i notice the zombie smile back. I think he even wanted to laugh, but it came out as a choke. "So what is it?" 

"Cherry." He replies. I look at Annabelle and burst out laughing. 

"Cherry?" I say still laughing.

"You....don't like?" He says sadly.

"Well, were sorry. But that's a girl name!

"Fruit...you gave....good...uhh....was cherry.." He says with huge pauses inbetween and deep breaths.

"Yes the fruit i gave you was a cherry." I giggle. "You know what, what about the name Barry? It kind of sounds like cherry and it's a boy name!" I smile at him and then look at Annabelle.

"That actually is perfect!" Annabelle looks at the zombie to see if he likes it aswell. I realize he's smiling with his teeth this time.Even though their kind of stained with blood. It made me happy to know he was happy. 

"Love...that..." He says, then surprisingly keeps going, "Your...names??"

"My name is Silver.....Her name is Annabelle." I say pointing to myself and Annabelle waves when i say her name.

"Pretty....." 

"Thanks Barry." Annabelle and i say.

"Guy...tried...kill me?" He says hurt.

"No, Barry. He wants to help you too. He just was scared of you." i say.

"I....won't....hurt..." i feel his honesty. 

"Well i think that's enough talking for now. You must be exhausted. We're going to let you rest for now. We'll come back later though." I reassure him. He just smiles at me.

While were walking away we hear him say, "Bring...fruit..." We turn around and start to laugh. He smiles at us. Then we wave at him and continue walking away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654 286 21
It's been ten years since the fall of humanity. I was only ten years old when the zombies took over. The military told us to flee underground, explai...
2.1K 522 41
She doesn't sleep, she's an introvert, she has no parents. Her family history is something unimaginable, her future is wilder than any reality could...
610 5 5
Lilian Walters, Lily to her friends, was nothing if not ordinary. She had good grades, numerous friends, and other than faking her family normalcy, s...
32.8K 1K 21
uhhhh enjoy Being one of The few girls in an all out zombie apocalypse is insane, going through a bit of a journey to place your trust in your group...