You Make Me ▶▶A Hunter Hayes...

By i_heart_Hunter_Hayes

In which Harper Grange, a normal woman from Nashville, washes Hunter Hayes's car. ** "But you're famous, and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Yay!!!

Chapter 9

222 6 1
By i_heart_Hunter_Hayes

After work, I race home, my stomach growling. I quickly lock my car, hop into the elevator in the apartment building, and sprint into my apartment. I immediately make a bee-line towards my refrigerator, but it’s empty.

My stomach growls.

I check the few cabinets, finally finding a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese. Smiling victoriously, I get out a pot and start boiling water in it. I slump against the counter, still hungry. What do I do now? I pull out my phone and text Ginny.

Me: Hey. I’m starving. I’d murder anyone in the entire world just to sink my teeth into your home-made chicken parmesan.

I get out of the texting app and pull up my music. Of course, since I live next to old grumpy neighbors who live to file complaints against me any time they get the chance, I stuff my earbuds into my ears and plug them into my phone. I push shuffle, and a Dan + Shay song turns on. I grin.

MY JAM. I MUST DANCE AND SING.

I start dancing wildly alone in my small kitchen, singing along with the words and the guitar riffs and drum solos. I bang my head as if I were at a punk rock concert.

As I dance, I somehow only spill a little bit of the Mac and Cheese onto the counter when I try pouring it into the bubbling water.

The song ends, but another one immediately starts.

One way

Two wheels

Black boots

High heels

Careful girl, you’re dressed to kill

I almost scream. I sing the lyrics, but I try not to be too loud in fear that my neighbors would hear. Last time I was singing they called the authorities because they thought I was high on drugs or something (yeah, yeah… my voice is bad, I know).

“Young blood! My love! It’s more than enough to fire me-”

“BOO!” someone shouts, grabbing my waist.

I scream, almost falling to the floor. I whip my earbuds out of my ears and turn around to face a laughing Hunter. I shove his shoulder.

“Come on, Hayes! You just ‘bout gave me a freaking heart attack.”

His laughter dies a little, his shoulders bouncing. “You should’ve seen how high you jumped.”

“Shut up,” I command him, turning back to the Mac and Cheese. I find that it’s done, so I stir it one more time for good measure before turning off the stove.

“So…” Hunter drawls, but before he can say anything, I ask, “Wait. How do you know which apartment was mine?”

He shrugs. “Easy. I already knew that you lived in this apartment building since I drove you here, and then I just followed what sounded like a llama choking on pipe cleaners.”

I cross my arms. “Har-de har-har. Guess who won’t be getting any Mac and Cheese?”

Hunter’s blue eyes turn serious. “What? Oh, I was just kidding, Harper.” He puts his hands together like you would if you were praying and begs, “Please, please, please let me have some.”

I think for a moment. “Alright. Grab a plate and a fork.” I point at a drawer. “They’re in there.”

Hunter sighs, “God bless you.” He retrieves two plates and two forks, one for each of us. As I scoop him out some Mac and Cheese, he asks, “So, how was your drive home last night?”

I shrug. “It was a drive. Oh, and by the way, have you checked your twitter lately?”

“Um,” he says, his brow furrowing. “No.”

“Okay.” Before he can ask me why, I say, “So how much do you want?”

“That much is good, thanks.” He takes the plate as I start piling some onto mine as well. He moves and sits down on the couch, perching his feet up on the rickety coffee table. My eyes widen as I suddenly remember the state of my apartment and that Hunter’s famous.

“Oh my gosh,” I gasp, quickly setting down my plate and speed-walking into the bathroom in search of the cleaning supplies. I hear Hunter set his plate down on the coffee table and his quick footsteps following me.

“What’s wrong?”

I turn around, but I have to take a step back because he’s so close. It’s already cramped as it is with one person in the bathroom, but now that he’s in here with me, I feel like I can barely even breathe.

“My apartment, it’s such a mess! You’re probably used to clean tables and stain-less walls and-”

I start to walk around Hunter, but he raps his hand around my arm. I look down at him.

“Harper, it’s fine. I don’t mind at all.”

“Seriously Hunter, it would only take a minute to-”

“Since when do you care what I think?” Hunter asks, taking his hand away from my arm and crossing his arms across his muscled chest.

I shrug. “I don’t know, but you’re famous and-”

He groans. “Please, just forget about that. Be normal around me.”

We lock eyes for a few moments before I give in. I sigh. “Okay. Sorry.”

“It’s good. Now, come on, our Mac and Cheese is probably getting cold and it’s all your fault,” he teases as he pokes my shoulder. I chuckle lightly, and then we both venture back into the kitchen/living area. Hunter takes his place on the couch again, and I sit next to him. We both eat our delicious food in silence.

After a minute, Hunter asks with a mouth full of mushed up food, “So, I was wondering, there’s this show coming up and… come on, Harper.”

I look up at him, then down at my phone. Whoops. I guess I tuned him out and started texting Ginny again.

Me: How was your day?

As expected, she doesn’t respond.

Hunter raises an eyebrow at me. “Really, who could be more important than me?”

I shrug, scooping another spoonful of golden goodness into my mouth. “My sister.”

“Oh,” he says, surprised. “I didn’t know you had a sister. I’ll have to meet her some time.”

I nod. “Yeah.”

He smiles, then continues with what he was saying before. “Anyways, you know how I’m on break and I’m going out on the new tour coming up in a few months? There’s this show in the city that I’m performing at as a little send-off thing in a few days. All of my friends, co-workers, and my folks will be there. I know it’s a bit of a late notice, but would you like to come?”

Seeing Hunter perform? Live? “Of course,” I answer. “I’ve never seen you live before.” I go to scoop another spoonful of Mac and Cheese into my mouth, but I pause. “Hey, why haven’t I heard you live yet? Sing for me!”

He frowns. “Now?”

I give him a sarcastic look. “No, later. YES, now!”

He smirks. “Nah, I’m good.” He shovels a spoonful of Mac and Cheese into his mouth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 60 12
"Your not affraid?" He asks gently. His tone is shocked. "Not really! Just come out! Quit messing with me! Who are you?" I ask in hope that he'll an...
10.3K 564 29
When the odds are stacked against you it can be easy to give in. Andrea Kent isn't one of those people, but there are reasons for that. Her younger s...
976 55 31
19 year old Avery Miller is going to Breaux Bridge to see her brother for spring break. But what happens when she meets famous country artist Hunter...
78 21 11
"The key to succeed is hard work" Hunter's fame. Will it be enough, for the unreachable dream. "I can't believe this. How?" "I really didn't know yo...