Reborn

Por DaniOgier

Violet Winters has been through a lot. Her mother left when she was fifteen, her dad turned abusive and to to... Más

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Authors Note
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Authors Note
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Epilogue

Chapter Fifteen

1.5K 122 11
Por DaniOgier

Everybody did make themselves scarce, though we didn't take advantage of the time alone. It was incredibly rare that we had the house to ourselves but we were both too worried about everything currently going on to actually take our relationship to the next level.

Surprisingly, however, it was me that had to turn him down. Apparently the thought of what was inside my shopping bags was enough for him to realise he didn't want to wait anymore. We may not have gone all the way but we certainly became more acquainted with each other's bodies and it took all my strength not to give in right there. I had been waiting long enough, after all, but I just couldn't go through with it. Not because I didn't want to because I did; it was the fact I couldn't quite stop thinking about what was going to happen in a couple of days.

"Do you think we'll ever get peace?" I asked Shadow as we lay on his bed, his hand running up and down my back soothingly, my head resting on his chest. "We're finally alone, which is a miracle in itself and instead of doing what we both want, I'm too worried about one of us being killed."

His hand paused and his body tensed. "Nothing is going to happen to you - or anyone, for that matter."

I sighed, raising my head to look at him. "Shadow, be realistic. Being a vampire doesn't make us invincible, we can still be killed. We don't know how many people are going to attack, we don't know anything. What if there are too many for us to handle? What if something happens? I can't lose you, Shadow, I'd die first..."

He cut me off with a kiss that had my head spinning. I responded enthusiastically, placing a hand on his cheek as he started to deepen the kiss.

It probably wasn't the right time but with his lips on mine and his wandering hands, I couldn't bring myself to care. Every touch, every caress... it only had me wanting more. Neither of us has gotten dressed after our previous... activities, something that he was clearly enjoying because he knew I wasn't embarrassed to have him see me with no clothes. Then again, he had touched me in places nobody had touched me in years so any embarrassment would have been a bit delayed.

I put all my emotions into the kiss though, trying to convey the words that refused to leave my lips. I was sure if I were to ever slip and tell Shadow that I had fallen head over heels in love with him, he'd only freak out. It wasn't a situation I wanted to find myself in because there was no way he could feel the same. Still, I allowed myseld to hope though, which was dangerous in itself because it's always the hope that kills people the most.

Far too soon, he pulled away, cupping my cheek gently as mine dropped to his chest. He stared into my eyes as he spoke.

"We'll make it. I promise."

"What i-" I started to speak but he cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

"We'll make it," He spoke more firmly this time. Then, a smirk settled on his face as he added, "I have an incentive to get through it alive."

"And what incentive is that then?" I asked, eyebrows raised, though I had a pretty good idea and it was taking all my effort not to grin.

Shadow's hand trailed down the side of my body, settling on my thigh but not going any further, not going to the place I wanted him to touch the most. He knew what he was doing though because upon hearing me whimper, his smirk widened.

"See?" He cocked his head to one side. "The wait will be worth it."

"It bloody better be." I growled, sick and tired of the teasing. Though being  intimate with him was better than anything I'd ever experienced before, I knew waiting was the right thing to do. I didn't want to rush things just because I was worried I was going to lose him. I'd rather wait until there was no danger.

"We should go hunting tomorrow," He told me. "Then we can start getting prepared. Not knowing how many there are is worrying so we have to make sure we're ready for anything."

I was quick to agree, though slightly surprised he admitted to being worried at all. It wasn't like him to be honest when it came to something that was troubling him; I usually just had to guess and try get him to talk about it.

Smiling, I pressed my lips to his cheek. "We should get dressed though. The others aren't going to stay out much longer."

"I'll lock them out."

"Shadow, be serious." I spoke with a laugh.

"Oh, I am." He glanced at me, a wicked grin on his face. He moved his hand to trail along my body again, so lightly it tickled.

"Shadow!" I whined, torn between staying in bed with him and getting up so nobody interrupts us when we weren't dressed. I knew Alec would never let me forget it if he happened to walk in on us. Though I wasn't particularly close to Vince, I also knew he wouldn't either and that was the last thing I wanted.

"It's my house," Shadow reminded me, leaning in to press his lips to my neck. My eyes closed as he started to kiss his way down my neck, shifting so he was now hovering over me. "We can do what we want."

"Oh, there are a lot of things  I want right now," I admitted, my voice barely louder than a whisper as his hand grazed the side of my breast. "But I don't think we have enough time."

"We have enough time for what I want." He murmured, his hands now travellimg over my stomach, to the skin between my belly button and bikini line. It had always been a spot that sent pleasant shivers down my spine and this time was no different.

"I'm not having sex with you for the first time when we're both worried about other things." I tried to regain some control of the situation but the second his hand moved between my legs, I moaned. "Okay, fuck it."

It was safe to say we didn't get much talking done after that. The only sounds that could be heard were our moans and groans, our hands roaming each other's bodies once again. We didn't have sex - even Shadow agreed it was best to wait - but we certainly had trouble keeping our hands (and lips) off each other. It was like we couldn't. As much as I couldn't stop touching him, he couldn't stop touching me, though I wasn't complaining. He definitely knew what he was doing with his mouth, his hands and that tongue...

***

"You better have clothes on because I'm coming in anyway!" I heard Alec's voice call from the hallway, his words making me smile. If he'd arrived just fifteen minutes earlier, he'd have caught us.

"You are not seeing my girlfriend naked, Alec!" Shadow called back. We were both sat in the kitchen, trying to come up with a plan for the coming attack when they came back. "Besides, you're a little too late for that!"

I shot Shadow a mortified look but he merely laughed in response, just as Alec entered the kitchen to see that we were indeed wearing clothes.

"Damn it," He groaned, eyes alight in amusement. "Times like these I wish I was Edward fucking Cullen so I could read Shadow's mind and see what I missed."

"Excuse me?" I heard Leah's voice sound from behind him, not seeming very pleased. "You want to see Violet naked?"

"I don't even want to know how many times you have seen Twilight to know that." I spoke at the same time.

"Who do you think had to watch it with her?" Alec asked me, motioning towards Leah who was now stood beside him. Glancing down at her, he pulled her into his arms. "Sorry babe, you know I'm only joking."

Shadow, who had been sitting at the table, immediately got to his feet upon seeing Leah. He was clearly having a hard time believing she was on our side, which I could understand. After everything she had done, I wasn't totally convinced she was either. I wasn't even sure I wanted to be around her. I may have understood why she turned me but that didn't mean I was happy with her.

"Shadow." Leah greeted quietly, avoiding meeting his harsh glare.

He didn't respond.

"Well..." Alec trailed off, glancing between the two of them before shooting me a helpless look. I shrugged. I had no idea what to say either. Eventually, he said, "Come on, we need to come up with a plan."

"We can do that tomorrow." Leah said.

"I say we use Rose as bait." Alec suggested, smirking at the thought. "She'll probably annoy the vamps so much they'll just leave."

"Or they could kill her the second they see her," I snapped angrily.

"Well, I can't say I'd be sad to see her gone."

"You are not using my friend as bait." I told him sternly.

"But she's so annoying and whiny! And she thinks she knows everything!" He complained.

"You are aware you sound the same way right now, are you not?" Vince suddenly appeared in the doorway, staring at Alec in amusement.

Alec shrugged. "I'm allowed to."

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm me." He grinned, as though that explained everything.

"Are you sure you don't have feelings for her and this act of hatred towards her is just to hide that fact?" Vince's eyebrows rose, taunting him.

"It isn't an act." Alec snorted.

"Are you sure?" Vince continued to taunt, not caring that Leah was seeming less and less happy by the second. In fact, that only seemed to spur him on. "She is a pretty girl, after all. It is understandable if you care for her."

Alec looked horrified. "I couldn't hate her more if I tried. The only reason I haven't killed her yet is because Vi would never forgive me. Besides, she's a human!"

"So was I." I couldn't help but retort, shooting Leah a quick look as I spoke. She met my gaze guiltily but she quickly looked away again.

"Yeah but you're interesting. You're like a little sister," Alec explained, smirking before he looked at Shadow. "And the way she had you wrapped around her finger and you didn't even know it!"

"Alec." Shadow spoke in a low warning tone.

Alec ignored him. "Seriously, you were runnind around doing everything you could to protect her and she just kept trying to escape! It was hilarious!"

I bit my lip, staring down at the floor.

"Where are Rose and Ric?" Vince suddenly asked. Raising my head, I saw he was staring at me and knew instantly that he had changed the subject on purpose.

I mentally thanked him for that. I didn't like thinking of the way I had acted towards Shadow back then, despite how justified I had felt my decisions were. It really did make me seem like an inconsiderate bitch and I hated that.

"He's training her," I replied, smiling when I thought about the two of them. "Though how much training they actually get done, I have no idea..."

Everybody looked surprised by that.

"You're telling me that those two are together? Seriously?" Leah asked.

"Maybe not yet but eventaually," I replied. "They clearly like each other."

"Great," Alec groaned. "I can never get away from her!"

"Why do you hate her so much?" Leah asked him cautiously. I could tell she was jealous by how much Alec was talking about her, even though he wasn't saying anything nice.

We all waited for Alec to respond, not actually knowing the reason either. I had spoken to Rose but she claimed she didn't hate him. She just didn't particularly like him and had no problem showing that.

"She just said some things, that's all," He sighed. "Not just about me but everyone. She just acts like she's better than everyone, you know? Stuck up, that's what she is. I just don't like her. Of course, she's also human and you know I hate them, even if they can be hilarious at times."

I got the feeling there was more to it than her not being able to keep her opinions to herself but everyone else seemed to believe it. I made a mental note to speak to him later. Maybe I could get him alone and coax the truth out of him.

Now wasn't the time to be fighting amongst each other. Now was the time to come together to fight off an unknown enemy.

_______________________
AN: I'm sorry for the delay with the update, I have had internet issues and there's also been a lot going on in my personal life. I hope you enjoy reading this chapter though, please let me know what you think! If there are any spelling errors, please let me know as I have updated this on my phone!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.5K 233 22
The government wants Violet. She has qualities about her that normal people do not possess. With striking violet eyes, pale skin that is immune to t...
28.6M 1.1M 56
[Completed] Elysia's life is turned upside-down when she's abducted by supernatural creatures with demonic eyes and threatening fangs. What's worse i...
11 3 6
Ivanna did not expect Jax Alister, the man she hired as a bodyguard, to turn out to be a bloodsucker with the particular purpose of capturing a lycan...
87 1 17
A new change has begun in Evie's life. One that she may not be able to face on her own. With the constant threat of the dark ones and the treat of he...