Goodbye Emiline

By liarsdiaries

She lost herself inside a world that's trying to eat her up. Emiline Evans is just an ordinary girl. She's no... More

>>>
00
Note
02 | left behind
03 | journal
04 | apologies
05 | escape
06 | reality
07 | hide and seek
08 | appearance
09 | gone again
10 | friends
11 | guilt
12 | that night
13 | time jump
14 | blank
15 | a friend
16 | flashback
17 | waves

01 | emiline

5.5K 276 70
By liarsdiaries

        "I'M NOT really fond of parties El, I'm sorry," Kira says, pulling out a biology book from her locker, dusting off the dust that had settled on top of it, a sign that it hadn't been touched for the past week.

        Eleanor whines, tugging the sleeves of her faded blue top, "But it would be fun, I swear!"

        She just offered her a smile, closing her locker as she attempts to leave from Eleanor's grip on her sleeves. She successfully managed to do so, still with the small forced smile plastered on her face, -- that no one barely recognize as a fake one -- and now went off to the other direction, but still with Eleanor following her behind.

        "Is it because of Emiline?" Eleanor finally asks after two-minutes of silence on their way to Mr. Dalton's biology class.

        Kira's ears immediately felt hot and prickly, an event that usually takes place in her body whenever pushed to a topic she didn't want to get into. Eleanor looks at her with innocent blue eyes, waiting for an answer.

        But the thing is, Eleanor knows the answer. She knows that diving into a topic about Emiline would send Kira into a panic, and confusion, and remorse. She knows that as much as she loves Emiline, dealing with the topic of her missing is enough to cause Kira panic attacks.

        Afterall, all that everyone can think to talk about for the past six months is about Emiline.

        Emiline.

        Emiline.

        Emiline.
        Where is she?

        No one knows, even Kira, who happens to be Emiline's best-est friend in the whole wide world.

         They share secrets, dreams, thoughts, everything. They're like their own Blair to each other's Serena, the Spongebob to each other's Patrick, the Aria to each other's Spencer, the Chandler to each other's Joey. They were that inseparable.

        That's why, it had been a really big mystery when Emiline starts missing and Kira was left without any trace of a clue just like the others. Just like everyone in Northern Hills who doesn't really give a damn about her best friend, Emiline.

        "Earth to Kira!" Eleanor says, snapping her out of her trance. Kira didn't even realize that they were already in front of Mr. Dalton's room, and that they were already two minutes late. Damn it.

        Kira has made it clear to herself that she wouldn't be causing any school troubles after being gone for a week. But funny how on her first day since she come back, she's already late to her first class.

        It's all thanks to Eleanor.

        The two of them slowly, and quietly slipped inside the room, trying not to make even a single sound. Fortunately enough, Mr. Dalton is busy writing something on the board.

        Kira takes a seat down her assigned table, feeling cold and empty when the seat next to her isn't occupied. It used to be Emiline's spot. But now that her friend had gone full MIA for six months now, she had been sitting there alone. Lost in thoughts of where her best friend could possibly be.

        She turns her head towards the window, drumming her fingers on top of her biology book that she's sure wouldn't be opened for the next hour and a half.

        She wants to leave the room right now, leave the school grounds and drive, and drive, and drive until she finds Emiline. Drive around Northern Hills all day just like what she had done for the past week.

        Search for Emiline Evans.

        But at the end of the day, at the end of the week of searching for her lost best friend, each day, she comes home empty handed.

         'Where are you, Em? I miss you.' Kira says, sighing to herself as she continue to stare outside the window. As if staring at it would magically bring Emiline back.

        "Maybe she's dead," someone whispered in her ear making her almost jump out from her seat. When she looked towards the owner of the voice, she sees Vin, one of the football players, smirking at her.

        This is one of the downhill of attending Blake Kahn's party last September. One mistake and everybody in school thinks that they know her, especially Emiline.

        But they don't know her nor do they know Emiline. They just don't get it.

        She rolls her eyes at him and looked straight ahead, hoping that Alison Dilaurentis' phrase would back her up.

        If you ignore it, it will go away, Kira kept on chanting to herself. But to no avail, Vin is still there, staring at her, annoying her.

🔍🔍🔍

        "I mean, don't get me wrong but," Vin tried to keep up with her as she fastened her pace along the school corridors, passing along other students who are on their way towards the cafeteria, "she had been missing for like what? Five months without a trace. It wouldn't be a surprise if she came up dead."

         Kira wasn't much for hurting other people, especially in public, but the second those words came out of Vin's mouth without a break, the next thing they both knew, along with the other students in the hallway, her hands already came in contact with his face.

        Too much for keeping a lowkey profile.

        "Okay, you know what?" Kira says, still shocked with her hands doing its own thing, but not giving a damn nonetheless, "You don't know Emiline so stop acting like you do."

         She was about to spun on her heels, ready to leave the prying gazes of the other students but stopped herself for a few more seconds and then added, "and for your information, it has been six months, not five."

🔍🔍🔍

         When Kira entered the ice cream shop that same afternoon, Emiline's name was the first thing that she heard coming out of the freshmen's mouth. She so wanted to strangle every single one of them that comes out with a shitty assumption as to where her best friend is right now.

        But what can she do? Even Kira doesn't have any freaking clue as to Emiline's whereabouts.

        She's wondering how long this MIA thing is going to last. She's so not enjoying it anymore.

        She settled herself on a seat next to the big glass window, not bothering to order anything. She just wants a place to stay, to think.

         Em, where are you?

        I miss you, your mom misses you the most. You should come back now, wherever you are. If you ran away because of school, just remember that we only have a year and a half left before we graduate. We'll make it bearable. Just please, come back.

        It was the same phrase that Kira had been chanting in her mind ever since Emiline had gone missing. The same words that she left on Emiline's voicemail every single day for the past six months. She hasn't stopped since then.

       'It's a case of a teenage girl running away, there's no signs of foul play either. So we figured that she might've ran away."

        That was the statement that the police officers had told her, had told Emiline's mom after three months of searching. Her mom always cries. Kira has always been with Emiline's mom for the first four months. Then she told Kira that she'd be fine. That of Kira ever received a text message, or even a phone call from Emiline, please, just please let her know.

        But it had been six months, and still no signs of Emiline.

        This is driving her crazy.

        She pull her phone out of her bag and dialled Emiline's number once more. Hoping that she'd answer, hoping that her phone isn't off.

        "Hey Em," she starts speaking, casually as possible, "I miss you. You've probably received a bunch of voicemails from me by now. You should call me back, like asap. Come back alreay, 'kay?"

        She slipped her phone back inside her bag before standing up and finally deciding to leave the shop.

        Just as when she opened the door of the shop and her sneakers came in contact with the ground, she caught a glimpse of brown haired girl across the street. But then a car passed by, and when she looked again, the brown-haired girl is already out of sight.

          Emiline.

So I really don't know why and what made me decide this but yeah, this story is set on third person's pov.

I hope this turns out well, and I'm a bit nervous about this story tbh xx

Anyway, I hope you all like/love this one 💕💕

Let me know what you think xx

Have a great dayyy :)

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.3K 7.5K 40
"The laugh cracked loudly into the school's atrium, like a shot of a gun. A quick bullet. A deadly bullet the pierces through flesh and bone. I reali...
68.7K 1.5K 23
[Highest Ranking - #1 in Realistic Fiction] [Highest Ranking - #33 in Eating Disorder] Isabella is like any normal 16 year old girl. She wakes up, go...
2.3K 289 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
402 73 17
β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’COMPLETEDβ€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ Finley commits suicide, and instantly knows she's made a mistake. But now she is dead, there's no going back now. Or is ther...