Unity | Harry Styles AU

By hxrryparadise

[COMPLETED] pairings are not limited to wine. this story sits well on the tongue with the art teacher - rufus... More

unity
before
I: it all starts here
II: smeared eyeliner
III: the reunion
IV: car keys
V: sober thoughts
VI: giving in
VI: close to me
VII: journal entries
IX: stay, please
X: flowers
XI: come over
XII: unexpected visitor
XIII: welcome back (not)
XIV: love, even.
XV: close call
XVI: is it all over now?
XVII: the H word
XVIII: a therapy session
XIX: rent
XX: want vs need
XXI: blackmail
XXII: citrus
disclaimer
XXIII: your fault
XXIV: be my baby
XXV: delicate
XXVI: la bonne nouvelle
XXVII: coming
XXVIII: cheers
XXIX: jaslyn
XXX: the love club
XXXI: call me harry
XXXII: a call from 020
XXXIII: nothing, right?
XXXIV: little model
XXXV: me, her, & the moon
XXXVI: the waiting game
XXXVII: consumed
XXXVIII: misanthrope
XXXIX: donna phair
XL: see you, good bye
XLI: it kills me
XLII: my dearest lass;
XLIII: the aftermath
epilogue
please read
news (i'm sorry)

VIII: black lace & rosé

19.7K 389 331
By hxrryparadise

I got home at 5:00pm. Mr. Styles said he would pick me up at 6, so I was rushing to get ready. I took off my sweater and leggings in an instant and plugged in my curling wand. I didn't need to shower my hair but I figured I should take a quick body shower.

Upon running my shower, I looked through my cabinets to find a suitable shower gel. I chose strawberry. I put my hair up into a bun to avoid my hair getting wet, and bathed myself as quick as possible.

After I was done, I dried myself off and moisturized everything. I didn't usually, but it was always good to use lotion after shaving.

I did my makeup to the best of my abilities and curled my hair. Took me a few tries. Figures I would mess up my makeup the night I needed it the most. Next came clothing. I rummaged through my wardrobe to find underwear that "suited" the occasion. Something that was classy enough, but didn't give off the impression I was totally expecting him to see them. I thought a black lace thong and bra set would be perfect.

Mr. Styles told me to dress as if we were going to a nice restaurant. That helped give me some direction clothing wise. I went through each dress in my closet, saying 'Nope' to each and everyone. That is until I came across a quite familiar one. A black, tight, peplum dress that ended right above the knee. I smiled at it. It was a lovely dress that I was certainly going to wear tonight.

I eagerly put it on, zipped myself up to the best of my abilities, and threw on a pair of nude stilettos. I chose a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings to finish the look, along with some maroon lipstick. I put a black trench coat over my shoulders to shield me from the cold.

I got a text from Mr. Styles telling me he was here. I looked at my watch. It was exactly 6:00pm sharp. I grabbed my keys off the counter and opened the door. I gasped.

Mr. Styles was already there waiting for me in front of my door. He was dressed in a baby blue collared top, tucked into his black jeans and sleeves rolled up to the forearm as he wears his shirts everyday. His hands were behind his back until he removed them to reveal a beautiful bouquet of white roses.

"Harry!" I squealed as he handed me the flowers.

"You said they were your favorite. How could I not buy them?" He smirked. His arm was rested on the door frame so he was hovering over me.

"They're gorgeous. Thank you." I smiled like a little girl. I don't think I've ever received flowers ever.

"C'mon, let's go." He said. I closed the door behind me and locked it. We walked side by side, his hand never leaving the small of my back as he guided me downstairs, as if I didn't know where to go. I didn't object though, I followed him.

--

His hand led me to a sleek, black Mercedes.

"What happened to your Range Rover?" I asked.

"Nothing." He smirked as he opened the passenger door for me to enter.

As soon as we were on the road, I began to ask him questions.

"How long is the drive?" I asked to break the silence.

"About twenty five." He answered.

"Do you mind if we turn on the radio?" I asked.

"If you want to." He said, and so I did.

The first radio station played country music only, which Harry and I could both agree was something we didn't want to listen to.

"How about this?" I said as classical music played through the car.

"Nice, but I'll be asleep at the wheel before this next intersection." He chuckled.

"Alright, fine." I said as I switched the station again.

I gasped with excitement as the coming song began to play.

And so it is,
Just like you said it would be

Harry looked over to me and smiled.

"You know this song?" He asked me.

"Know it? I breathe it. I haven't heard it in such a long time though."

He kept his eyes on the road but sang along with me.

Life goes easy on me;
Most of the time.

And so it is,
The better story,
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

He looked over to me and smiled again. His eyes sparkled as he made eye contact with me. He had one hand on the wheel and one hand on my inner thigh.

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off of you,

The car ride was spent with us singing along to songs that we surprisingly both enjoyed. Our music taste was very similar, which made me very happy.

Harry never removed his hand from my thigh. From time to time his thumb would graze a little higher, but I didn't mind.

--

Being shocked was an understatement as we pulled up into his neighborhood.

The houses were incredibly large and beautiful, but it was nothing compared to his.

He had property a little bit isolated from the rest of the houses. Black metal gates opened up as he pushed a few buttons on the side of the brick column.

The driveway was made up of stone, and it was long. As he pulled up to his house, I got a good look at the details.

It was huge to say the least. But besides the size, it was incredibly gorgeous. It was made up
of white quartz (I believe) with black accents such as the columns, window sills etcetera.

Harry exited the car and walked over to my side to open my door.

"Thank you." I said, grabbing his hand to aid myself stand up.

We both walked to the front door together. He unlocked it with his key and lead me inside. Before I could start complementing him on the exterior of his house, my jaw dropped at the sight of the interior. It was the most beautiful
house I had ever seen. And I was only in the foyer.

"I'll take your jacket and I'll put the roses in a vase. You can keep your shoes on if you'd like." He said as I handed him my jacket.

"Well I wouldn't want to ruin your floors! My heels are all wet from the snow outside." I said.

"Don't worry about that. A floor's a floor. Plus, the heels compliment your legs." The last sentence was whispered.

I pursed my lips as I took a few more steps inside. Harry was already in the kitchen at this point, but I was taking in my surroundings.

He had paintings hung throughout the hall, those of which matched the interior of his house which led me to believe he probably created them after his house was designed. I doubt they were bought. That was impressive.

I could smell food as I walked over to his kitchen. The sounds of my heels echoed through his house. His back was turned to me as he was working on food at the stovetop.

"You can sit down at the table, anywhere you'd like." He told me, and so I did.

I tapped my nails on the glass. I had just gotten them done, so they were long and nice-looking. I was happy with them.

Harry came over to the table with two plates in hand.

"Fettuccine and Basil Pesto with Parmesan and squash." He told me with a smile.

"Care for some wine?"

"Yes please."

"Red or white?"

"Do you have rosé?"

Harry looked in the glass cabinet filled with wines. He pulled out a bottle, looked at the label, then up at me.

"Cuvée Catharine Brut Rosé." He said. I nodded. In all honesty I didn't drink much at all. I just knew rosé was good. I felt guilty because I was underage which is why I never drank a lot. But tonight didn't have room for me feeling guilty. I was going to enjoy myself.

He opened the bottle, then poured a tiny bit into my glass.

I tried a bit, and told him it was nice, so he poured more.

"Bon appetit!" He said.

The food was great, and Harry and I enjoyed ourselves through conversation and wine.

"So," Harry cleared his mouth before talking. "What are your plans for this Christmas?"

"Good question" I chuckled.

"My parents won't be home, and my friends are most likely going to their old neighborhoods to spend time with their parents. So I think i'll be alone this Christmas."

"Oh." He sounded empathetic.

"What about you? I hope you're not all Bah Humbug on Christmas and everything because I haven't seen any christmas decor in this house of yours!" I joked.

"No, no. The christmas tree is upstairs. I have guys who come in to renovate frequently. I kind of have to be mean to them and it's hard to be all cold and stuff with little dancing elves and shit all around me."

"I see." I said as I sipped my wine.

The ring on Harry's finger was all I could focus on as we spoke. I had to ask. I had to.

"What is that ring on your left hand?" I asked suddenly. He swallowed.

Please don't be what I think it is.
God please don't be what I think it is.
I took a big sip from my wine glass.

"It's uh, my wedding ring." He said. I choked on my wine.

"You're married?" I stood up out of my seat. This was ridiculous. I couldn't breathe because I was seeing red. Absolute red.

"You're cheating on your wife at this very moment, and pretty much for weeks now." I said.

"Well we haven't slept together so I don'-"

"I can't believe this. I can't believe this."

"Alaska, let me explain" He tried to calm me down. But I was anything but calm.

"No. I can't believe you would take advantage of my mind like that. Had I known you were married I would have never done anything with you!" My hands were rubbing my temples.

"Your wife is going to murder me." I couldn't control the tears, and they were coming. What do I do now? Should I even stay? He spent so much time preparing for this date. to hell with it, so did I. I didn't sign up for a date with a taken man however.

"Alaska,"

"No. Take me home."

"What?" He stood up to tower over me.

"Take me home." I said sternly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 8.4K 59
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
269K 5.8K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
220K 5.8K 25
「𝗥𝗨𝗠𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦 」 ❛in which an oblivious model stumbles upon an f1 driver during a rough night and without even knowing who he is creates...
856K 39.9K 170
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one