elite my way

freckledmyface tarafından

This is a sequel to my earlier book The Selection my way. I you haven't read it yet and decide to start here... Daha Fazla

elite my way
chapter 2 (Maxon's POV)
Chapter 4 (Maxon's POV)
Chapter 5 (Maxon's POV)
Chapter 6 (America's POV)
Chapter 7 (Maxon's POV)
Chapter 8 (America's POV)
Chapter 9 (Maxon's POV)
chapter 10 (America's POV)
Chapter 11 (Maxons POV)
Chapter 12 (Citizens POV)
Chapter 13 (Maxon's POV)

chapter 3 (America's POV)

2.3K 43 4
freckledmyface tarafından

Okay so I hope you enjoy the story so far and if you like Doctor Who Katiekat_10 is gonna be your favorite writer EVER!!!!!!!

Chapter 3

(America's POV)

I continue to sit with my maids, we are now playing black Jack. They taught me how to play. I have to say, I'm not bad at it. But I am sad to admit, it's all the luck of the draw and it takes no skill on my behalf. I look down at my cards, I have a king and an 8. I look back up at Lucy who is the dealer. She smiles when she sees me making eye contact again.  The sun behind her glowed through the window. It lightened her face and gave her a honey glow.

I glanced at the clock, it read 12:04. In the time since Maxon left I completely forgot about him. And all my other problems. All that matters now was he card game, and for the first time, I'm enjoying myself at the castle. I let out a sigh before noticing Lucy and the other maids were staring at me. It must be my turn. I glance down at my cards again before saying, "Stay." She smiled and looked at Mary, She glanced down at her cards and said, "Hit." She says, Lucy slides her a card she flips it up, it’s a queen.

She looks at her original cards then back at the queen before jumping up from the table screaming, "BLACK JACK!!!! I GOT BLACK JACK!"  She yells and bounces up and down, I have never seen her so happy. I couldn't help but sneak a smile. We were playing with m&m's she just bet 10 so now she gets 30. She sits back down after 5 minutes of squealing, I laugh a little as she bounces up and down like an eager child. Then I heard Lucy say, "Uh oh....Mary we are out of M&M's..." Mary stopped bouncing and sent an angry glance at Lucy. "WHAAT?!" Mary yells, Lucy shrinks down a little, then Lucy showed her the bag.

Since we were out of M&M's I decided to postpone the game. Mary stands up and points at Lucy and says, "You owe me 20 M&M's." Lucy smiles, I suddenly get the feeling she ate them. My maids quickly clean up, I sat on the edge of my bed and smoothed the sheets, I watched them finish, I wanted to help and I have tried before   but they made me stop and gave me a LONG lecture over how it was their job and not mine, and I didn't want to go through that again so I simply watched. When they finished each of them pulled up a chair and we sat in silence before Lucy bravely asked, "Lady America, what happened between you and prince Maxon?" I tensed I was caught off guard.

"I...um... I overheard something he said that I... shouldn't have... and uh...." I debate telling them everything, about Aspen and about what I heard the rebels saying about Celeste. Celeste can't become princess, and I can't marry Maxon, I hate him, why would I want to spend my life with him knowing everything he told me was a lie. Maybe one of the other girls here could... I started to run through a list of the remaining girls in my mind, Elise, Kriss, Celeste, Jocie, Katie, Alexa, Clarice, Marlee.... MARLEE! She'd be perfect! She is kind, sweet, pretty, funny, and a perfect princess.

She’s everything anyone would ever want. Why hasn't Maxon even gone on a date with her yet?!God he is so blind, why out of all the people here he fell in love with the REBEL LEADER! Marlee is 1000x the person Celeste is! "Maxon you idiot." I mumbled under my breath... I wonder what he wanted to say to me. He was sure in a hurry, It doesn't matter he left really quickly, probably to make out with Celeste again. Aspen was the only person who I could trust, he got me into this mess and I know now he wanted to help get me out.

I want Aspen back alive so badly it hurts. I just want to be held in his arms and comforted. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks I heard Anne mumble to Lucy, "Great going you made Lady America cry!" Lucy looked at the floor, obviously just sad even though it’s not her fault I'm crying. "No, it's not your fault, I'm just... homesick!" I lie. They nod and say, "Well we better go." They each curtsied and left. I lay back and stare at my blank ceiling it has no cracks in it like at my house.

I continued to admire my ceiling then there was a knock at my door. "Maxon Go away!" I yell. Then there were harder knocks, I sighed and said, "Maxon I told you I don't want to talk Go Away." The knocks continue to come I give in and open the door, it wasn't Maxon though, it was Celeste. I step away from the door quickly and start to back up. Celeste steps into my room, "America, what's that about, are you... Scared of me?" She asks sarcastically.

I continue to back up. I don't answer her. I continue to back up she smiles, " America, why are you still here, no one wants you here. Not even Maxon, he's too nice to tell you to get out." I know she's trying to hurt me but it's not working I already know I'm not wanted here. I back up until I hit something, I spin around it's the balcony. I look over the rail. Maxon is wandering around the garden. I pray Maxon doesn't hear anything because then he will try to talk to me again. 

I press the palm of my hand into the rail of my balcony and lean back a little, Celeste walks up to me and grabs my face and tips my face so I make eye contact with her, "America, what's keeping you her, I need to know." She says, I know she will continue to kill what's important to me, I say a half truth, "You." I say she steps back in shock, "What?!" She asks a little out raged. I sit up and she starts backing up, I point my finger at her and start to speak with more power behind my voice, "You, if you get the crown you will abuse it and ruin this whole country, we will all suffer from you. I know if I leave, the one thing that keeps you from reaching your goal leaves to."

Her face turned red and she threw a punch at me, I ducked just in time. I start to back up and I end up on the balcony again, Celeste punches again. I didn't duck fast enough I was to focused on Maxon not seeing me. She hit my temple I start to see black spots. I lose a little balance but manage to stay standing. Celeste smiles, "Aren't you gonna fight back?!" She asks. I shake my head no. She gets mad, she throws anther punch. I dodge.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, she throws another punch which misses because I step back. She smiles, "wouldn't you like to know?!" she says before throwing one last punch. I take another blow to my temple. I fall to the ground screaming, she kicks my lungs and I lose my breath, I gasp for air. I can't breathe. I begin to cry my lungs strain for air. That is just out of reach. I slowly sit up to get more air into my lungs.

Celeste smiles at my struggling, "are you done yet?!" She asks, with the air I have I manage to say, "No."  She turns red, "Just do it." I say and she does, she kicks me one last time in my temple... and everything went black....

I hope the chapter was long enough I will try to update soon please recommend a POV thanks!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

229K 4.1K 54
Prince Maxon Schreave ended the Selection just a few months ago. He has finally picked a bride. America Singer. He is head over heels in love and is...
285K 9.6K 56
Elisa Talia Carams is a girl who has faced all odds, even though she's only seventeen. She's been through the hard life of a selected member, endured...
220K 2.6K 22
"AMERICA!" The bullet hit her just before I reached her. ** What if Maxon hadn't jumped in front of America in time? ** Alternate ending to The One...
470 32 22
It's been 19 years since Maxon and America had their first child, Jeremiah. Now he must have his own selection. Since Jeremiah could walk he has caus...