Ego

By CaliiB

The verbal abuse is nothing compared to the physical, but I can't leave him I love him. Side Note: I know Har... More

Ego[Harry Styles Fan Fic]
Ego: Trust Me
Ego: I promise
Ego: Lies
Ego: Hurt
Ego: Danger
Ego:Fair
Ego: Dare
Ego: Help
Ego: Change
Ego: Taken
Ego: Trial and Error
Ego: Regret
Ego: Rain Drops and Depression
Ego: Surprise Surprise
Ego: The Meet
Ego: Halfway There
Ego: Gotcha
Ego: I Warned You
Ego: Paradise
Ego: Strangers
Ego: Skinny Love
Ego: Sugar and Spice
Ego: Closed Doors
Ego: Opaque
Ego:Translucent
Ego: Unchaste *DELETED CHAPTER*
Ego: Deciever
Ego:Crestfallen
Ego: R&R
Ego: Seriously?
Ego: Close Call
Ego: I shouldn't
Ego: Moments
Ego: Timing
On the FRITZ!!
Ego: Back Again
Ego: Hold Tight
Ego: Happy Halloween
Ego: Trick or Treat?
Ego: Divide and Conquer
Ego: Moonlight Sonata
Ego: Sparkling Pearl
Ego: My little Soldier
Ego: Two steps Back
Ego: Even Further
Ego: Eventually
Ego: Lakeview
Ego: You Minx
Ego: Is This It?
Ego: Out Of Luck
Ego: Warehouse 151
Ego:Waiting Room Blues
Pre epilouge
Epilogue p1
Epilouge p2

Ego: Slow Down

455 17 2
By CaliiB

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He was warm underneath my hands, I pulled off my tank top leaving me in my bra and shorts. His lips moved from my lips to my jaw to my neck finding a spot just below my ear, he nibbled on the sensitive area making me moan out.

Are you about to have sex with Niall? My subconscious remarked. I shouldn't but the way he's kissing me is pretty much sealing the deal.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The grip he has under my thighs loosens as he starts to unbutton his jeans, nervousness coursing through me. I pulled his head back gently so we could look each other in the eyes.

"We won't even remember this." I said quietly as he sets me down on my feet.

"Yeah, that was stupid of me I should've stopped myself I'm really sorry Val." He rubbed at the nape of his neck. I tip toed and kissed his cheek. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me in for a hug to which I gladly hugged him back.

"We keep this strictly between us. Also your boner is like all up on my bellybutton." His contagious laugh filled the house as he let me go.

"You are some piece of work Valerie O'Connor." He laughed a bit quieter this time. I chuckled. My phone rang in the living room and vibrated against the glass topped coffee table. I answered it while Niall went into the kitchen.

It was Harry, what wonderful timing!

"W-what is it?" I asked as my nerves went into overdrive.

"I was an asshole, I shouldn't have brought that up and then accused you of wanting to kiss him again." If you only knew what almost happened you would not be apologizing and people would get hurt.

"It's fine." I said trying to mask my shaky tone, how convenient is it that he calls me moments after Niall and I almost had drunk sex up against a wall.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine I'm just a bit tired is all." I lied, I wasn't fine and I'm not even close to being tired.

Why did he call? "Umm, Harry, why did you call?"

"I just wanted to apologize for what I said and that I love you." I hesitated for beat before telling him I loved him too. A gut wrenching feeling of guilt engulfed me, I felt as if I would suffocate. I had put a wedge between he and Niall's friendship and what I just almost did would've ruined it. Our relationship is already dysfunctional.

"Well, goodnight I guess." He said clearing his throat, his voice guarded and void of any emotion.

"Night." He hung up before I could even pull the phone away from my face.

I set my phone down on the end table next to the couch running my hand over my face as an attempt to clear my mind. I wonder if Harry ever felt this bile inducing guilt that made your hands shake and feel clammy.

I hadn't even heard when Niall left the kitchen so when I turned around to see him coming out of the bathroom with his towel slung over his shoulder dressed in sweatpants I was a bit surprised at how much time had past.

"Are you turning in?" I asked.

"Yeah, because who goes out to a club on a Monday?" He asked with a shrug. I chuckled and agreed nodding my head.

"I hope nothing changes between us Niall, you are really one of my closest friends, you're like a brother... Who I almost.. Okay, so, no. Not gonna go in that direction." He laughed again.

"Lets switch this conversation to a less serious tone, we could have a sleepover or something, I have sleeping bags a shit ton of good movies and there is a lot more stir fry left. Sounds good?"

"That sounds amazing," I smiled, "I'll go shower and change and we meet in the living room Mulan first please and thank you."

He groaned, "you've seen it so many times."

I gave him a blank look, "was there supposed to be a point to that Blondie, get this area set up. Get to it mister." He shook his head a breathy laugh slipping past his lips.

"Alright, Alright." He said shoeing me from the room, I went to the bathroom not even bothering to look in the mirror, I could fake being happy for a few more hours but the guilt wouldn't let me even look myself in the mirror. I stripped out of my clothes and toss them im the hamper before stepping into the shower which was still warm from Niall using it. I scrubbed every inch of me using the Old Spice soap. I liked the smell, it was familiar.

I washed my hair, missing my usual lavender scented shampoo and conditioner but I did like this new one. I turned off the tap and wrapped myself in a towel. I walked into Niall's room and dug through my suitcase finding some sweatpants and an oversized black tshirt that had Stewie Griffin on the front with Original Gangster near the collar. I lotioned and got dressed putting my hair up into a ponytail.

When I walked into the living room Niall was in his sleeping bag sitting on the couch with a remote in one hand and a few brownies on a plate in his lap.

"You take long showers," Niall said "I almost started the movie without you."

"We all know you wouldn't. But its cute you thought you would." I chuckle stealing one of his brownies and sliding into the other sleeping bag.

He grumbled but pressed play, I squealed and bounced up and down in the sleeping bag. We watch the whole movie breaking out into song when they did and repeating the lines we knew by heart. We watched a few more movies, eating and laughing before we finally crashed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was scary how easy the first three days seemed to flow so smoothly having their bumps of sadness every once in a while. The fourth day was anything but easy. Niall had woke me up earlier that morning telling me that he had to leave for Ireland for something family related. He said I could stay as long as I needed to and he even left me his car to use.

However without Niall's bubbly and laid back demeanor I became more aware of the pain in my chest and how sad I actually was, the house was too quiet without him in it. I drew all the curtains closed engulfing the house in darkness after I cleaned up the living room and the kitchen. Stopping every other hour to have a scene of crying that would make my throat hurt.

I sat in the living room wrapped in a thick quilt and a carton of rum and raisin ice cream which Niall had bought just for me. I tried to eat it but I had no appetite and just put it back in the freezer when it began to melt.

I started sleeping much more and eating less, if I tried to eat it would make a reappearance ten minutes later. So I settled for tea and crackers, that's what my diet consisted of, it was the only thing I could keep down.

Harry hadn't called me since that night even though he might have tried because my phone would ring showing it was a private number then hangup.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I finally gained enough courage by the twelfth day, this time I didn't hang up when I thought he would answer.

"Hey, you've reached Harry," I could be heard in the background. "Sorry I couldn't get to you but this fruit fact should cheer you up: Cranberries don't actually grow underwater." The line beeped for me to record my message so I did.

"I don't exactly know what to say except I'm in Hell right now, I miss you so much it hurts I know you're trying to protect me but this isn't working, there is nothing for either of us to be upset at. I'll understand if you don't listen to this or even call me back but just know I love you with all my heart. Okay?" Somewhere in the midst of all of that I began crying the salty droplets staining my cheeks, I sniffled and hung up.

I layed on the couch, wrapped up in the quilt for hours staring at the TV that played Spongebob, I couldn't focus on the cartoon much less what they were saying, I didn't care.

My phone vibrated in my hand, Harry's smiling face popping up on the screen.

"H-Hello." I said my voice cracking.

"Pack your things baby, I'm coming to get you. Don't answer the door for anyone until I call you to open the door. We're going to get rid of Eric. I should've done it before, I was an idiot for letting him split us up." I started crying at the sound of his voice but I agreed.

"Baby, please don't cry. I'm twenty minutes away, if someone comes to the door stay away from it and hide in a room." He said, I nodded but spoke instead when I realized he couldn't see me.

"Now go pack baby, I love you okay. I love you so very very much." He said, his own voice wavering.

"I love you so much Harry, so much." I didn't want to hang up and neither did Harry we hesitated for a few minutes till he said we should hang up at the same time on the count of three. We did that and I began packing up all of my clothes.

I brush my teeth and comb my hair, I take a quick shower and change into jeans, a sweater, and a pair of white sneakers.

The door bell rang not even ten minutes after I hung up with Harry so I knew it wasn't him. I dropped to my knees and crawled to Nialls room and grabbed the gun from where he told me it was last time. A loud crack sounds through the house, I cover my mouth to stifle my scream as I hide under the bed with my phone and the gun.

Someones in the house!! I never texted Harry so fast in my life.

Five minutes, I promise He replied immediately.

"Come out, come out wherever you are." A displaced voice taunted in a childish voice. There had to be at least four or five guys in the house.

"Valerie, is this what we've resorted to? Hiding? I thought our relationship was stronger than that."

"You know what? I change my mind. Killing you in your friend's house is so cliche so we'll do this another time." He knocked on Niall's bedroom door with a chuckle. The sounds of feet leaving, every single one, fills the house. The sound of an engine roaring to life then screeching out of the driveway could also be heard. I waited a few more minutes until I heard someone calling out for me. Harry.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/n: Long chapter today wowie gee wow I would say there are about ten chapters or LESS left im not sure. You heard it here folks Ego is almost done or is it...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 3.7K 34
I never imagined I'd be lying here, in this cold hard bed, waiting to die with so many regrets. I'm so selfish; I did this to help him, not me, and y...
134 30 24
How could a man like him ever love? I was just a fan. A nobody.
6M 114K 44
please don't comment crap on this story, I made it when I was very young and clueless. I understand it sucks and it's gross. // "You're nobody impo...
6K 310 23
It's not easy being in love with a woman you can't have, especially when she's your bandmate's wife. *This is Harry's perspective of his love for Li...