Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 30」

600 15 5
By lazilazuli

After you finished washing, you attempted to wake up Jungkook. Yeah, it took you a minute or two, but you eventually got him up. While he was getting himself together, you decided to make breakfast for everyone. Some good ol' eggs and bacon, with a pancake each, could've filled everyone's bellies. As soon as you had gotten started with the eggs, you heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Jungkook? You took your shower so quickly?" You asked, assuming it was him.

"It's me," Taehyung said.

When you heard that, you began to grumble. "I've seen more of you than needed." With a roll of your eyes, you scraped the eggs onto 3 plates that laid beside you.

Taehyung walked through the living room, scratching the belly that was scratching right back at him. "Something smells good. You cooking breakfast?"

"Yes."

"When will it be finished?" he came wandering into the kitchen and ended up leaning over your shoulder.

"Just sit down and wait," you said with a stern tone.

Taehyung could tell that you were obviously still upset about everything, but he smirked with the idea that suddenly popped into his head. "Like what you saw?" he teased, walking away from you.

You whipped your head around towards him, "excuse me?!"

"You heard me," he took a seat at the counter. "You were standing there for so long, that I thought you were mesmerized by it."

You were in such shock that you were brought to speechless. "You--I--It's not like that!" You declared with heated cheeks.

"Is that eggs and bacon?" Jungkook was finally making his way down, fully dressed and ready to head out. You were so caught up in Taehyung's teasing, that you barely noticed him walk in.

"I'll be sure to tell Jungkookie all about the little show you had." It was then confirmed that the cute rectangular smile was being worn by a true little shit.

Your teeth became clenched. "You're the scum of the Earth," you spat, before snapping your head back to the pan.

Taehyung just grinned like a devious little bastard, while Jungkook pulled up a seat across from him. The 2 young men continued to wait for the breakfast their empty bellies were craving for. Once everything was finished, you set the table and pulled up a seat beside Jungkook.

"It looks good," Jungkook said, picking up his fork.

"Thanks," you kept your eyes towards your plate.

"Jiyeong, are you okay? Did you get a good sleep?" he asked.

"Yup..." you continued with your short responses.

"Jiyeong has good cooking skills," Taehyung said.

"Thank--"

"For a pervert," Taehyung mumbled, yet it was loud enough for both to hear.

Your head shot up from your food. A cutting glare ready to be delivered to Taehyung. "Don't you dare."

"A pervert?" Jungkook's eyes switched back and forth between the both of you, confused.

"Didn't you know?" he looked to Jungkook. "Listen to this, Jungkook-ah. While I was using the potty, this little mouse walked in on me, without knocking, and just stood there at the door, watching me tinkle."

"Ah, hyung, stop lying." Jungkook shook his head and took a piece of egg into his mouth; then he 

started thinking about the scenario, which made him cock a brow.

"It was an accident!" you barked.

"It feels like I've been stripped of my innocence," he held onto his shoulders.

"'Innocence'?" you scoffed. "Have you bumped your head onto something recently? Your innocence has long since gone! If anything I'm the one whose innocence should be feeling attacked! My poor eyes...that unsightly thing--"

'Unsightly thing?' Taehyung looked taken aback.

"-- it's been burned into my precious memories forever."

"You act like that's a bad thing..."

"If only you had stayed downstairs like you were supposed to, this wouldn't have happened!" you barked, snatching up your plate and marching away to the sink.

"You went upstairs?" Jungkook turned to Taehyung. "What for?"

Taehyung, struggling to search for words, came up with these next lines: "I--I wanted to wake you guys up, but I had to suddenly use the bathroom," he grinned, hoping that the maknae would believe his lie.

Jungkook held onto his suspicions for a couple seconds more before dismissing them.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Are you going to walk with me and Jiminie to school?"

"No," he shook his head. "I'm taking Jiyeong to her house, and then going to school with her from there."

"You sure do a lot for her. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you have a crush on her," Taehyung teased.

It took Jungkook all he had not to choke right there and then. "No way, I don't have a crush on her. I'm just looking out for her, like any best friend would do." Jungkook tried to play off the light jab to his heart that he made himself.

When you came back to the counter, you took up both of their plates, not giving two craps on whether they actually finished or not.

"Wait, Jiyeong," Jungkook turned to you, "I'm not--" he was cut off by the sight of his food being scrapped into the garbage. "Nevermind," he turned back to Taehyung.

"By the way, does she always go to sleep with make-up on?"

"Make-up?" Jungkook became quite confused. "What makeup?"

"You mean she's not wearing any?" This, to which Jungkook shook his head in response.

"Can't you tell that she barely wears any? I mean, she's definitely not wearing any right now."

Taehyung scoffed, "Of course I can." What a big liar this guy was. "I just thought she'd forgotten to take it off last night..." He then went silent.

After finishing taking a shower and getting dressed, you and Jungkook left his house and went straight to yours. Taehyung left before you two so that he could get back to his house and get ready for school himself. Once you arrived, you changed into some new clothes for the day and headed out to school.

When classes were finished for the day, you went to the library with Minji. No studying this time, just to hang out and do some girl talk, as usual.

"So, how did your walk home with Jimin go?" you asked.

"Well, it was...something. I think he let those stupid girls get to his head when they call for him, because the guy wouldn't stop asking me to call him oppa. Isn't that gross?" she rolled her eyes.

"How cute," you chuckled.

Minji just shook her head, "he really is a weirdo. Anyways, how was the rest of the party last night?"

"Oh, it was--" you were about to say 'fun', but then you suddenly remembered everything. "Terrible."

Minji's eyes widened. "'Terrible'? What the heck happened when we left?"

"Sunbae...That damned pervert walked in on me when I didn't have a towel on." Your fists began to tremble. Just thinking about it brought back a feeling of sheer mortification.

"Which one?"

"Kim Taehyung!" you exclaimed, earning attention from the rest of the room.

"Shhh!" When the both of your heads snapped back, you saw, not only disturbed looks from other students, but the librarian with her index finger to her lip. There was a burning fire in her eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you girls to keep it down? This is a library, not the cafeteria!"

"Y-Yes ma'am." The both of you slightly bowed towards her before turning back to each other.

"Why the heck did you he walk in on you?"

"Those guys tried to play a prank on Jungkook by stealing the towels, but I was the one who got pranked instead. When I was calling for Jungkook to bring me one, that idiot came upstairs instead and suddenly opened the door.

"Wow, I knew the guy was low, but now this low."

"Minji, my troubles don't stop there. Not only did that piece of scum walk into the guest room, where I was sleeping, in the middle of the night, but this morning I also saw his--His--" you couldn't finish because the horrid memory was beginning to resurface. Mortification could no longer express how you felt.

"Did the bastard flash you?"

"No," you shook your head. "I--I walked in on him by accident," you whined, letting your forehead fall to the table. Your innocent thoughts were once again being invaded, all because of Kim Taehyung.

"Wow, sounds like you had it really rough without me there."

"Minji-ah, my poor eyes~" you continued to whine and bang your head on the table. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"How about I treat you to some ice cream later to take your mind off it."

You glanced up at her, "really?"

She started to laugh, "Yes, whatever flavor you--"

"Hello there, ladies~" Sumin chirped, as she entered the library.

"Psst, backstabber at 3 o' clock." You followed Minji's eyes as she pointed Sumin out from afar.

From the wide smile on her face, down to the pep in her step, the both of you could tell that this girl was on cloud 9, with no intentions of coming down. You and Minji exchanged looks with another as you fixed your postures before her arrival.

Sumin placed her bag on the table and took a seat across from you and Minji. "You girls would not believe what happened to me last night~"

Minji propped her chin on the palm of her hand. "Try us."

"Guess who up and decides to give me a call?" she waited with anticipation for your guesses.

"Why don't you just--"

"Taehyung oppa!" Upon saying his name alone, she squealed in pure delight.

Minji made a face of mockery after Sumin suddenly cut her off. "He only called you because--" Before she could mumble on any further, you nudged her some so she could come to a full stop."

"Really? That's great, Sumin. What did you two talk about?"

"Oppa was just complimenting me and telling me how my voice sounded like an angel. He suddenly had to go because he was tired, but I plan on continuing our conversation today."

"Good for you," you forced a smile to your lips.

"Thanks, Jiyeongie," she beamed. "It looks like I won this friendly rivalry between us; but don't worry, I know you'll find some who suits you. I know it."

Minji felt the bubblies inside her chest. It was one of the hardest things to do: control your laughter.

As soon as Sumin placed her hand over yours, you slowly pulled away and had it sit on your lap instead. This made her awkwardly retract her hands. Maybe you weren't in the mood for skinship at the moment, but what did it matter to her anyway? Her beloved oppa was finally giving her the attention she longed for.

"Don't you worry, Minji," Sumin turned to her next, "I'm sure you'll find someone just as bitter for you."

Minji snarled at Sumin in disgust. "You can bend over and kiss my ass," she spat.

Sumin snickered. "You'd like that, wouldn't you? Anyways," she stood up, "I was thinking that we could all head out to the mall for some smoothies," she grabbed her bag. "Y'know, to celebrate the beginning of me and Taehyung oppa's relationship. My treat."

"We're gonna have to pass," you said. "You can go with Suhwa and Sujin."

"We uh," she hesitated in continuing, "we're not as close as we were before."

"Huh," Minji smirked, "I wonder why."

Sumin rolled her eyes before continuing. "It's not a big deal though," she shrugged. "Well, I guess I'll go to the nail salon and get myself a manicure. See you two later." With the wiggle of her fingers, Sumin got up and left.

"I can't believe that bitch just came in here just to brag about her little fake romantic phone call."

"I had a feeling that she'd do something like this," you shook your head. "She's completely shameless."

"Whatever, let's just get out of here and get something to eat," she stood up. "I'm starving." As Minji went to grab her bag, she felt the vibration of a call coming from her back pocket. When she looked to the caller ID and gave a sigh before answering. "Yes, how can I help you? ...Alright, we'll be there in a minute." She then hung up. "Do these guys read minds?"

"Who was it?" you asked.

"Mochi."

"Ooh~, you two exchanged numbers?"

"Can you believe the creep actually stood in front of my door, and wouldn't let me pass, until he got it?"

You chuckled. "So, what did he want?"

"We're going to go eat some BBQ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 158 21
So you are saying you haven't even seen his face yet but you still feel in love.... Yes... You are crazy... Come on... You have to help me out wit...
767K 35.2K 49
"Just because you're my girlfriend now, it doesn't mean that I'll treat you like a princess." ... A cliché love story between a bad boy and a nerd...
90.4K 5.1K 44
"Let me touch you, Jimin. Please. Please let me." No. Hell no. Seven bloody hells, no, no and no. Absolutely in no friggin way! Those are the things...
17.8K 795 11
"Hoseok: Truth or Dare Namjoon? Namjoon: What the hell, dare me! Hoseok: I dare you to tongue kiss your crush, if they're here. If not then I dare yo...