Bound Together (editing)

By zjmfatty

Alexandria Simmons has never been noticed at her high school, Hartwell High. With only having two best friend... More

Bound Together
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Important Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
IMPORTANT INFORMATION MUST READ
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Epilogue
Spin Off Fun Facts & Last Authors Note
SPIN OFF & TRAILER
new beginnings and story

Chapter 12

6.6K 198 5
By zjmfatty

I could honestly cut the tension in this room with a knife.

A sharp ass knife.

Is this how dinners are going to be from now until the day I move out?

The sound of our utensils occasionally hitting against our porcelain plates, that were currently filled with alfredo pasta and garlic bread, filled the room. I couldn't help but fight a smile whenever Cameron would purposely make a slurping sound while eating the noodles. It was obvious he did this just to piss of our parents, who by the way were still on their one word a day basis with us. 

Obviously I was exaggerating, but it sure felt like it. 

Although, this was unusual, our parents never really had the time to just come down to the dinner table for at least 30 minutes to have a nice family dinner with us. And if they ever decided to actually eat with Cameron and I, it'd be filled with silence. I was saddened by the fact that this was how things were going to be from now on. It reminded me of the time when I was 11, and I had just learned how to cook microwave mac and cheese and to a little girl that was a huge accomplishment.

Well to me at least.

Dressed in my mom's old apron, I had set up the dining table with placemats, a bouquet of flowers, and with the correct sets of utensils by the nicest paper plates I could find.

Yes, I used paper plates.

Cameron refused to let me touch the fine china in our cabinet, which was currently collecting dust at the moment. But here's how it went, first I called my parents down. They came against their own will, scowling down at my pathetic display of dinner, criticized me on my "lack of creativity", then strolled back up the stairs, leaving me disappointed and with a very angry 12 year old Cameron.

"So this is nice huh," Cameron said once he finished shoveling down a fork of noodles, "A family eating together in total silence. This is definitely what I look forward to at the end of my day. I bet Alex feels the same, since you know we're kind of used to having these good ol' family dinners."

The sarcasm from his voice could be detected from miles away.

"Your play on words is not needed Cameron." Our father said with a stern look, averting back towards the phone in his hand.

Cameron scoffed, "Since when did I care about your opinion?"

Our mother sent him a cold glance, "Without your fathers opinion, he wouldn't be the best lawyer in the state, along side of me of course."

"Following up your mothers statement, without my opinion I wouldn't have a well paying job which happens to fund all your schooling activities, food on the table, the clothes you wear, and the roof over your head. So if I were you, I'd watch that mouth of yours son." Our father chimed in.

"Stop talking to me like I'm one of your clients," He snapped, "I'd rather be poor and have loving parents, than have the life I have now. And that says a lot."

His words seemed to offend them, a look of concern showed on their face. "Cameron, I think it's time for you to go to your room. Your father and I cannot deal with any of your ridiculous thoughts at the moment."  She said, dismissing him from the table.

"Mom, you can't just-"

She held up a hand interrupting me, but before she could speak, Cameron beat her to it, "Whatever."

Heading up the stairs, I heard him mutter something along the lines of, "You guys will never change."

Since Cameron has been banished from the dining room, I decided that it was time for me to leave as well. I picked up my plate, having the intention to place it in the sink, when my fathers voice halted me, "And where do you think you're going Alexandria?"

Oh, so now he chooses to speak to me once the "troubled" child is gone.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, and turned around towards them, "I don't think that I should be here anymore since the only person who I could have a civil conversation with is upstairs now."

As I walked into the kitchen, I heard my mom calling from the dining room, "This is not lady-like behavior Alexandria!"

I scoffed, "Well maybe I'm not a poised and lady-like person. And guess where I inherited that from mother."

I felt great as I walked up the stairs, leading my way to Cameron's open bedroom door. I knocked on the wooden door, "You okay up here?"

He was just sitting at his desk, with his laptop open; scrolling through whatever social media sight he was caught up in. It didn't really seem like he was at all affected by what happened not even 10 minutes ago, downstairs.

He chuckled, swiveling around in his chair to face me, "As if I actually care that they made me go to my room." He got up from his chair, and grabbed his phone and car keys from his bedside table. I hadn't even noticed that he was dressed in jeans and a plain t-shirt, "Where are you going?"

"I'm heading to J.C's house, we're going to hang out with a few friends. Plus I need to get out of this house for a few hours, I can't stand being under the same roof as them."

I followed him, as he walked through the hallway, "What time do you think you'll be back?"

He smirked, "Why? Afraid that I'll catch Colton sneaking into your room again?"

I glared at his retreating back, "You know we're nothing more than friends, just let it go."

"Right, I forgot. You're crushing on Parker."

I came in close contact with him, slapping his arm, "Shut up!"

He just chuckled and continued his way down the stairs, ignoring the open office door our parents were currently in.

"Anyways, I better get out of here while I still have the chance, if you need me just call," He walked out the front door, and just then I remembered something fairly important that I had to ask him.

I caught up with him and clamped a hand on his shoulder, "Wait, quick question."

He turned around, gesturing me to go on.

"Earlier, I was speaking to Jayce and he told me that you tipped him off about Quinn. How'd you know about her and Miles?"

A smirk plastered itself on his face, and he shoved his hands into his pocket, "I happen to know a lot of things about people in our school, secrets aren't as easily kept as they were when we were younger. Plus Miles made it quite obvious whenever football practice was over. We'd hit the showers, but he'd stay behind in the locker room, and since the cheerleaders practice ended at the same time, I put two and two together."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion, "I don't understand why you would help Jayce though."

He scoffed, "I may not like him, but no one deserves to be cheated on. Besides, if him and Miles are fighting, Jayce's anger will come out through football, so it's a win-win."

He grinned showing off his pearly white and straight teeth, I nudged him slightly laughing along with him.

After that, he left. Closing the door behind me, I scrolled through my phone as I headed towards the kitchen, in search of something sweet yet salty to snack on. I propped myself up on the marble counter as I read a text message Lillian had sent me about hanging out on Friday. Her and I really hadn't spent a lot of time together since the fight with Colton, so we should really catch up together.

Before I could reply back, a ringing sound echoed throughout the house. I averted my eyes around, landing on the house phone.

I grabbed it, and answered, "Hello?"

"Hello, is this the Simmons residence?" An unfamiliar voice said.

I nodded, "Yes, how may I help you?"

"Well, first whom am I speaking to?" he asked.

"Alexandria Simmons."

There was a slight pause on the phone, it had sounded like the person on the other line hung up.

"Are Matthew or Lauren Simmons available?" they said.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Uh I think so. Are you one of their clients, because usually they could be contacted through their personal cell phones."

Before the person on the other line could say anything else, the phone was ripped out of my grasp.

"This is Matthew Simmons, how may I help you?" my father looked at me coldly for handling one of his "business calls".

"Yes, Mr. Reynolds, I'll get right on it... Okay... I understand... Have a nice night as well."

The phone beeped signally the end of the call, but my ears perked up when I heard the name Reynolds being said.

"I thought your mother and I made it clear that we do not want you or your brother to answer any of our business calls." He scolded me.

I raised my eyebrows at him, "I'm sorry, but he called through the house phone, and I took the courtesy to answer it."

He set the phone down, and turned around not bothering to respond to me.

"Um, " I ran after him to get his attention, "were you talking to Mr. Reynolds? As in Jayce's dad?"

He looked towards me, "That is none of your business Alexandria, and even if I was talking to him I wouldn't be able to tell you."

"What's with the secrecy dad?" I questioned him, as he stopped in front of the closed office door.

He huffed, and looked at me sternly, "I'm a lawyer Alexandria, I cannot reveal information about my clients. Now head upstairs to your room, and stay there. I don't need you sticking your nose into my work, now go."

He opened the door, stepping inside, and shutting it closed in my face.

Well then.

Was that even Jayce's father? And if it was, why was he calling my parents? For legal help? Or maybe to have a round of golf or something?

Who am I kidding? My father would never reveal anything to me, so maybe I'll have to snoop around myself.

Wait.

I shouldn't. This is legal stuff, and if I get caught snooping around, I could get into serious trouble. Or maybe I could just ask Jayce.

You know what, no. I can't get involved with something that could just turn out to be nothing. 

-

Authors Note: 

Hey guys! So sorry for the long wait! 

This chapter shows a lot about Cameron and Alex's relationship with their parents. 

Their parents are actually talking to them, that's a start. 

I promise to try and update more frequently. This chapter is a bit of shit, I was in a rush to type this so I apologize in advance.

Shoutout to Swimmingchick1031 for being amazing, and for also giving me a shoutout! 

Go check out her story, and I'll love you all even more! 

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE 

Until next time

-queenfreakco                                                                                                                                                

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.2K 32
Football / Soccer COMPLETED AND BEING EDITED This is how it all started: "I dare you Skye Chance to join the boys Soccer team in disguise as a boy...
35.7K 1.4K 33
"The countdown is starting," he says standing up and pulling me up with him. "So this is it huh?" He smiles. "Yep, it-" "Girl I have been looking abs...
115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...
861K 18.2K 49
The rivalry between high schools is fierce. But the rivalry between Baylor High School and Brentwood High School was fiercer. When people come to th...