Jakeward: Jacob and Edward- T...

By Engie_fangirl

The lives of two total opposites change the moment they lay eyes on each other for the first time. Will they... More

Jakeward: Jacob and Edward- The Chosen One
Chapter 2: You Did What!?!?
Chapter 3: I'm Here To Help!!!
Chapter 4: Families Getting Closer?"?"?"
Chapter 5: What Could Be Wrong ?:?:?:?
Chapter 6: We Will Keep You Safe !"!"!"
Chapter 7 and 8: Whats Hurting Me?"?"?"?
Chapter 9: Why Can't He Cross????
Chapter 10: New Discoveries ?!?!
Chapter 11: My Baby Might Be What?!?!?!
Chapter 12: Is It True Love?????
Chapter 13: So Will You???
Chapter 14: Last Night Single??? Part #1
Chapter 15: Last Night Single- Part #2
Chapter 16: Wedding Charms???
Chapter 17: Wedding Bells!!!
Chapter 19: Are You Happy???
Chapter 20: I'm Not Doing This!!!
Chapter 21: You Promised!!!
Chapter 22: We're Gonna Get You Back!!!
Chapter 23: Our Baby...
Chapter 24: My Husband...
Chapter 25: Lets Play Baby
Chapter 26: Quileute Discoveries...
Chapter 27: Family Matters...
Chapter 28: He Needs Help...
Chapter 29: It's Time...
Chapter 30: Is Jacob Alive?????
Chapter 31: Waking Sleeping Beauty...
Chapter 32: What Are You Waiting For????
Chapter 33: Finally Reunited....
Chapter 34: Husbands Reunited
Chapter 35: What's In A Name?????
Chapter 36: Hard Choices...
Chapter 37: Assemble The Godparents...
Chapter 38: Godparents...
Chapter 39: Telling The Family...
Chapter 40: Family Dinner...
Chapter 41: Diaper Troubles
Chapter 42: Nights and Talks...
Chapter 43: Family At The Rez...
Chapter 44: Meeting...
Chapter 45: Family Bonding()()()()()
Chapter 46: Husband Bonding.....
Chapter 47: Day Of Baptism...
Chapter 49: Wolf Training(>)(>)(>)(>)(>)
Chapter 50: Family Fix Up....

Chapter 48: Baptism....

2K 89 7
By Engie_fangirl

A/n: My recollection of a baptism ceremony isn't the best... just remember that.

***Baptism***

All their family was gathered outside, almost everyone from the Reservation were present as well as the Elders and the priest. The Cullen's decided that they wouldn't invite any other family especially after what happened last time. The family came out of the house and each took their seats. Edward, Jacob, Anthony, Paul and Rosalie sat in the front row on the left side while Seth, Emmett, Alice, Jasper sat behind them in the second row. Billy, Mrs Clearwater, Carlisle, Esme', Emily and Sam sat in the front row on the right side in that order. Everyone else sat behind the family.

The tribal priest got up from his seat besides the Elders and walked to the front.

Priest: Can the baby and godparents please join me.

Edward handed Anthony to Paul as he and Rosalie stood.

The priest drew a cross on Anthony's forehead with oil and then told Paul and Rosalie to do it too.

Priest: What name have you given this baby?

R: Anthony Ephraim Cullen-Black.

Priest: Godmother, you need to place your right hand on the baby. (And Rosalie did without hesitation)

Priest: Beloved in the Lord, when the Saviour sent his Apostles. And now I ask thee, dost thou desire to obtain eternal life in the Church of God through faith in Jesus Christ?

P: I do.

Rosalie: I do.

Priest: The Lord himself hath said: "This is life eternal, that they may know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent." "If thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind and they neighbour as thyself.

And then the priest lowered his head and breathed on the child and said:

Priest: May the powers of darkness, which the divine Redeemer hath vanquished by his cross, retire by thee, that thou mayest see to what hope, and to what an exceeding glorious inheritance among the saints, thou art called.

And then the priest asks everyone to bow their heads as he leads them into prayer. When he is done praying he picks up the small cross and turns back to Anthony. He then signs his forehead and breast while saying:

Priest: Receive on thy forehead the sign of the holy cross, to remind thee that thou love from thy heart him who hath died on the cross for thee, and that as he bids thee thou shouldest take up thy cross and follow him.

Then he prays again.

Then he turns around and pours salt into the palm of his hands and then signs it with the cross and then places it on Anthony's tongue, Anthony makes a funny face making his parents and godparents smile.

Priest: Anthony, receive this salt as an emblem of wisdom; the Lord grant it thee unto everlasting life. Amen.

Now he also places his right hand on Anthony and starts praying.

Priest: (He turned now addressing the parents and godparents) Sign yourselves now with the sign of the holy cross in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, and learn the words of the holy gospel, written by the Evangelist S. Mark.

Priest: Peace be with you. Let us now repeat the Creed, which has been used in the church since the Apostle's time, as a short summary of the chief points of the doctrine of Christ, and then the Lord's Prayer. (The whole family joined in as they recited the Creed and the prayer.

Then the priest touches Anthony's ears and mouth and says:

Priest: Ephphatha, that is be opened. As the saviour gave the power of hearing and of speech gave the power of hearing to a man that was both deaf and dumb by the use of these words, and by touching his ears and tongue, so may he strengthen thee through his grace, that thou mayest be ready and willing to hear his words, and mayest joyfully proclaim his praise.

Priest: And now I ask thee, before I administer to the sacrament of baptism. Dost thou renounce the evil?

P: I do renounce it.

R: I do renounce it.

Priest: Dost thou promise, in accordance with the command of Christ, to love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and thy neighbour as thyself?

P: I do so promise.

R: I do so promise.

Priest: Dost thou renounce the lusts of the flesh, the lusts of eyes, and the pride of life?

P: I do renounce them.

R: I do renounce them.

Priest: (Anointing the child of the breast with the oil of the catechumens) For the war against evil, and for the practice of good, thou needest strengthening through the grace of him who hath redeem us from the sins. Therefore I anoint thee with the oil of salvation in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.

Priest: Dost thou believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.

P: I do.

R: I do.

Priest: Dost thou believe in Jesus Christ, his only begotten son our Lord, who was born and hath suffered for us?

P: I do.

R: I do.

Priest: Dost thou believe in the Holy Ghost, the Holy Catholic church, the Communion of Saints, the Forgiveness of sins, the Resurrection of the flesh, and life everlasting?

P: I do.

R: I do.

Priest: (Pouring the water thrice in the form of a cross on the head of the child being baptized) I baptise thee in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. (Then laying a white raiment on the child) Receive the white raiment of innocence. Preserve it pure and unspotted until the day Jesus Christ, that therefore thou mayest enter into eternal life. (He now gives the godparents a lighted taper which they hold in their right hand)

Priest: Receive the lighted taper as an emblem of the faith which lives by love. Preserve the light of the knowledge of Christ and walk in this light, that when the wise virgins, who came to meet the bridegroom with lamps lighted, and went with him to the marriage feast. Amen.

Priest: If the father or fathers in this case of the child be present, the following address may be addressed.

Everyone snickered at the priest little joke as Edward and Jacob both stood up and walked to the altar.

Priest: In the name of the church of Christ, into whose communion this child now by baptism received, I give him back into the hands of his parents. (He says and then Paul gives Anthony to Edward) It is now your duty to take thought for the child's education, to make him acquainted, as he grows up, with the truths of the Christian religion, and to lead him to keep the evangelical commandments, that hereafter he may himself confess the faith in word and deed, which his godparents have now confessed in his name, and may he fulfil the promises which they have made for him. May God bless this child, who now through baptism is made a child of God that he may prosper both in body and soul to his parents' joy and may grow up to be a fit member of our communion. May God also bless the endeavours of the parents, and reward them according to the words of the Lord. "Whoso shall receive a child in my name receiveth me. Beloved in the Lord, this child has been already baptised and made a participator in the grace which Christ has united has united to the sacrament of baptism. But in most primitive ages of the Christian church it became customary at the public administration of baptism, to add certain prayers and ceremonies to those ordained by the Christ himself, which are adapted to bring out into clearer view the significance and importance of this act. The parents of this child have desired to comply with the customs. This affords us the opportunity of shewing clearly the meaning and importance of holy baptism, in accordance with the intention of the church, in the ceremonies which accompany that sacrament.

Priest: As in the service for infant baptism, the godparents must now, in the name of the child, make a profession of the Christian faith, and declare their readiness ever steadfastly to resist the devil, and sin, and their temptations, in accordance with the commandments of Christ. They must also, at the same time, give their assurance that, if necessary, they will assist the parents in fulfilling their duty, taking care that the child as he grows up, will be instructed in the truths of the Christian religion, be guided into guidance into obedience to the commandments of Christian the avoidance of all evil, so that henceforth, throughout his whole and deed the faith which the godparents have professed in his name, and keep the promise which they have now made for him.

Priest: Now I ask thee. Dost thou desire by faith in Jesus Christ to obtain eternal life in the church of God, into which thou hast been now admitted by holy baptism?

P: I do.

R: I do.

Priest: Here by the power vested in me by the Catholic Church and the word of the bible I hereby declare Anthony Cullen-Black baptised. Jacob, Edward you may now take your son.

J: Thank you very much.

E: It was a beautiful service, thank you sir.

Priest: Pleasure is all mine, son.

After that the family went into the Cullen house for a little lunch prepared by Esme', Mrs Clearwater and Emily. After their meal everyone spread around and talked while Carlisle, Billy and the other Elders were in Carlisle's office having a meeting...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 6.4K 37
What happens when the paths of two people who are poles apart collide? What happens when two people who are imperfect complete each other perfectly? ...
2.8K 886 13
"Have you ever wondered how chance can change the course of your entire life?" In the realm of everyday life and boundless aspirations, Lily's world...
998 115 30
About a girls life how everything changed for the worse.
51.9K 585 32
When a girl falls inlove with a guy who she has known for a while and later finds out he is her mate but he won't love her back and rejects her inste...