Let Everybody Know - LAMS

By CinnamonRollLams

A classic LAMS college AU. Lots of fluff, some drama and stuff like that. I hope you enjoy! I will warn you w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - you swing at my friend you better not miss
Part 3 - John, You could Let it go
Chapter 4 - Stay Alive For Me
Chapter 5 - Live to Fight Another Day
Chapter 7 - Don't make the personal political
Chapter 8 - Let Other People be Cynical
Chapter 9 -You're Laughing
Heyo sorry for annoying u but pls read this?
HAMILTON KINDERGARTEN NOW UPLOADED :)
Chapter 10 - Find Your Way Home
11 - Helpless
12 - Alex, you could let it go
Chaoter 13 - Wait for it
Chapter - 14
Chapter 15 - Washington on Your Side
Chapter 16 - Say No to This
Chapter 17 - Wait for him
Chapter 18 - you've been here this whole time
Chapter 19
Please read (important !!)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - bUSTED
Chapter 22 - Christmas
Chapter 23 - Philip
HIII PLS READ 💜💜
A NIGHT'S DREAM
24 - Slap Bet
25 - Uncertainty
26 - the accident
27 -The end

Chapter 6 - People will always be critical

6.7K 226 1.1K
By CinnamonRollLams

Alex's POV

It was Sunday, 4pm and neither John or I were awake until Lafayette and Hercules slammed our dorm door open and started to jump on our beds hysterically.

"WAKE UP BOYS WE HAVE A DAY TO SIEZE" Lafayette screamed, jumping on my bed. He only received a groan and a pillow to the face from me until he dragged my small frame out from under the covers, Hercules doing the same with John.

"God, why wouldn't you let me sleep in? It's only like 4pm" I  whined, pulling on a shirt, much to John's disappointment.

"We're going to Jefferson's party! It's going to be really awesome apparently" Hercules explained and John and I  gave each other confused and bitter looks.  We weren't the partying type of guys, Especially not for Jefferson.

"There's going to be so much alcohol I wouldn't feel comfortable herc, you both know that" John's disappointment in his friends was evident. He must've been slightly hurt that his friends would even suggest it to him, they'd always been respectful of the reasons John despised alcoholic. He saw what it could do to a family and he went through it all.

"Brighten up Laurens, it'll be fun" Lafayette patted him on the shoulder and he reluctantly agreed to go after some persuasion. "Great, it starts at 6pm, the girls are coming too"  With that the two boys were out of our dorm room and John and I  were left to complain.

"This isn't going to turn out well is it?" I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

"Best of luck" John huffed out and flopped back onto his bed.

-

We all arrived at Jefferson's enormous house and not all of us were very excited, to say the least. John couldn't look less excited, Peggy looked like she wanted to dig herself into a ditch and Lafayette described me as; 'as enthusiastic as a wooden chair'

Jefferson answered the door with a hand behind his back and a smug grin plastered across his face. "The policy is, you must drink this for seven seconds or you aren't allowed to enter" Thomas pulled a bottle of Sam Adams out from behind is back and smiled devilishly. He had noticed over the years he had known John that he hated alcohol with a burning passion for a good reason, it's hard to keep secrets when you spend seventeen years around them.

"Well there's not enough for all of us, is there?" I sneered and Jefferson pushed a silver cart with wheels out from behind him, stocked with bottles of alcohol.

"I'm leaving" John tried to get past the group but James Madison and Charles Lee pushed him back over to the front door.

"it's fine we aren't attending your party if you're going to be such a prick" Lafayette glared and tried to pull John out but again, James and Charles refused and roughly spun them both  around.

"Fine, you bastard" John snatched the bottle out of Jefferson's hand and chugged it down for six and a half seconds. (Timed by Thomas)

"Well you didn't do seven seconds so you need to do it for  seven seconds" Thomas handed the bottle back to John who glared at him sharply. Anyone would have been scared by that glare but Jefferson wasn't phased in the least.

"Laurens it's a free fucking country let's go" I tried to grab him by the arm but he downed the bottle for another seven seconds and stumbled through the doorway. We all did the same and walked into the house where music was blaring from large speakers.

"Peggy!" Maria emerged from the lounge room and tripped over herself slightly before drunkenly embracing Peggy who was mildly sober. "You want to go dance?"

"Can we just talk?" Peggy responded nervously. She was introverted in public situations and definitely not the partying type so her reply didn't surprise any of us. Maria nodded  and they walked into the lounge room.

"Here, take these, maybe it can cure your gayness. Your dad sure wouldn't be proud to know you're still a fag after all his time " Thomas threw a box of condoms at John who grabbed them and completely ripped the cardboard box in half  before chucking the remains in Madison's face.

Trying my best to hold him back from tackling  Thomas, I pushed John away until he pulled out of my grip and punched him in the face. "Jokes on you! My Dad doesn't give a shit about me! He'll never visit!"

"Lucky for him! If your family cared about you, you'd bring them nothing but shame" Jefferson spat and walked off to talk to a young girl.

"John, let's just sit down somewhere" he sat down next to me at the breakfast bar in Thomas' house.

"Alex, you're really cute you know?" John mumbled while attempting to scrunch up a plastic red cup.

He was drunk so he probably didn't mean it. "And you're really drunk so I shouldn't trust anything you say"  John frowned at my remark and lifted up my chin with his fingers. I was about to kiss him when I realised. He's drunk. He looked glumly at me when I shuffled back in my chair and pushed him away slightly. I couldn't take advantage of him, he's drunk.

"GAY PEOPLE SUCK"  A voice screamed. I turned to see a man standing on the coffee table with a piece of paper and people cheering around him.

"I call bullshit!" I screamed and everyone turned to me.

"Hey look! Hamilton, the boy who can't decide between genders has spoken!" Jefferson yelled and people cheered even louder. He pushed a small girl even further away from him and she stepped back, terrified. "Continue Hamilton, you look like you have something to say!" The music died down and soon enough the whole party was glancing between me and Jefferson.

"Being gay isn't  bad, I mean, it doesn't really affect anyone if you are" The small girl beside him muttered. She obviously didn't intend for anyone to hear because when everyone stared at her, her eyes widened and she looked frightened out of her mind.

"Sally, you don't get an opinion on things, you're a woman!" Thomas shouted and I saw tears begin to form in her eyes. I let go of John's hand and ran over to comfort her.

"Hey! Get your hands off my girl!" Thomas shouted and pushed me away, knocking me in he shoulder.

"Well if she's your girl then you probably shouldn't treat her like this!" I snarled back and Jefferson boiled up with anger and slapped Sally on the face.

She began to sob and latched onto me, crying into my shirt. "It's fine, he's worse usually. I'm used to it" I hugged her tightly and noticed scars all over her shoulders. It looked like she had tried them with foundation but it had rubbed off a bit.

"Sally who did this to you?"

"Thomas" she muttered after a few seconds and she sobbed even harder into my shoulder.

"what is wrong with you? How can you live with yourself when you treat someone like that!?" I shouted at the tall, dark skinned man.

"Hey, she kissed Maria Reynolds when we were fourteen, she deserved it" He smiled down  at me and I balled up my fists, ready to punch his smug smirk right off his face.

"How long has this been going on for!?"

"Since eighth grade, what's your problem Hamilton?"

"Have you ever asked for consent? Because consent is a thing, that you need before you do anything to someone else."

"She's a woman, she doesn't deserve consent" Thomas took a sip from is alcohol, smirking and acting like he said something smart.

"Try and say that to your mother, the woman who birthed you. A woman"

"Yeah alright, go tell your dumbass fag boyfriend that"

I raised my fist and punched him right in the jaw and everyone gasped. I saw blood start to drop out of his nose and he narrowed his eyes and balled up his fist to punch me and just has he was about to Sally kicked him in the shins and ran off, pulling me along.

"Are you ok? Why do you let Thomas do this to you?" I asked as She dragged me around the corner of the lounge and into an empty store room.

"Yeah I'm fine, he said I just have to do one more thing tonight and then he won't do any of this to me anymore and he'll get out of my life" she tucked her long, black side fringe behind her ear, revealing a huge bruise and black eye.

Our heads both turned when we heard Jefferson scream her name and her eyes became full of fear again.

"No. We're getting you out of this another way" I tried to keep her from going but she ran off, apologetic.

"Alexander! Aaron Burr, Sir" a short, dark skinned man wearing a black suit and a purple velvet vest under it approached me and held out his hand. He wore white ruffles around his neck and under his vest, they looked rather absurd but somehow worked with his outfit.

"You know me already?" I didn't have the slightest clue of who this bald man was but he intrigued me.

"Well, you're excelling with the best marks and most impressive works I've ever seen- besides mine of course" he smiled and shook my hand politely.

"Well, ok uh, I'm Alexander Hamilton, what do you need?"

"I've heard you're reliable with the ladies" Burr said, awkwardly.

"Who from?"

"Literally every woman, half the non binary folks and a few of the men have their eye on you, Hamilton but I may need your help" Aaron turned and I followed his line of Dwight to see a dark skinned woman with long black hair, wearing a loose green sweatshirt and a casual black pencil skirt, accompanied by mint green converses and her neutral makeup. "Theodosia. I've liked  her since I first met her in third grade but never been confident enough to ask her and here you are so I was wondering if you'd see if she likes me?"

"No problem" I responded and made my way over to Theodisia.

"Hi I'm Alexander Hamilton!" I smiled and Theodosia looked up from her phone quickly. "Sorry I didn't mean to startle you"

"Oh, that's alright I'm Theodosia" she pocketed her phone and extended her hand for me to shake, which I gratefully shook back.

"I was wondering, do you happen to know Aaron Burr?"

Theodosia blushed and stammered, her face going as red as possible. "Yeah, I do." Without another word I pulled her over to Burr and they stared at each other out of what was either embarrassment or nervousness, possibly both.

"My work here is done" I smiled and winked at Burr who gave me a thumbs up and continued to chat away.

John's POV

"Alexxxxxx" I slurred, stumbling into him as he walked over.

"Hey John maybe we should get you home" Alex wrapped his arm around my waist and attempted to sit me up. He was blurry. Everything was blurry. And purple. And pink. And blurry.

"I don't want to be like my dad" I said and threw my red cup at Samuel Seabury's head. I guess he didn't see it coming. Get it? SEAbury and SEE. I'm so funny. TURTLES.
-

Alex's POV

I tucked a very intoxicated Laurens into his sheets and brought him the hangover cure drink I made when we snuck into the teachers lounge before the party.

"Drink up" I handed him the hangover cure and his favourite turtle plushy.

"Can you stay with me?" John asked, shuffling over to the right side of his bed.

"You're drunk"

"I'm gay"

"Would you like to continue to state the obvious?" I laughed and changed into my pyjamas.

"I like you" John said.

I stopped in my tracks for a moment. He liked me? No. Just the alcohol talking. He couldn't like me. "I said state the obvious, not drunk words with no meaning behind them"

"But when you're drunk that just takes out the filter between your brain and your mouth meaning I'm saying what's going on in my brain" John poked me on he nose as I shuffled under the sheets of his bed next to him.

"Goodnight Laurens"

"Night night"

-
Kinda a filler chapter to introduce you to new characters meh idk. Anyways I'm going to Lilly Singh's book for in May wooooo. My dad wouldn't let me get meet and greet but I'm still really excited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645 19 9
Basically a bunch of Lams oneshots because I'm Hamiltrash. Expect mostly the musical descriptions of the characters unless otherwise classified.
160K 5.9K 46
This is, just as the title suggests, a Hamilton College AU. I know it is a super typical story but this is my first Lams book. I will try to be as or...
10.3K 168 12
[completed] Just another Hamilton college au! It's obviously very gay and such! Ships are: Lams Mullette Jeffmads Marliza i'm sorry
15.3K 474 27
John Laurens is the new student at Yorktown college. Just a college AU really this is my first fanfic so no hate please :) also if anyone knows the a...