The Alpha's Little Nerd

By MyColdCorpse

"She's my mate!" Zane yelled causing both the man and I to widen our eyes. Mate? Is Zane Australian? "No. Th... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Ninteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty

Eleven

15.5K 464 64
By MyColdCorpse

~Zane's POV~

I slyly glanced over at Devina in the passenger seat of my Bugatti. Something was wrong with her. I could feel it.

"Zane I'm fine." She tried to convince me once she caught my stare.

"Okay." I nodded and went back to driving the car. She wasn't a very good liar, something tells me she never was. It doesn't help that I've had many years to perfect my lie detecting skills either.

Once we got to the spot. I got out of the car with a grin and ran around to the passenger side, opening Devina's door for her.

"This is it." I glanced at her and watched as her mouth dropped open.

"You planned all this?" She asked in disbelief. I just shrugged it off. She walked up to one of the trees and touched the dangling fairy lights. "It's beautiful." She whispered out and I grinned, walking closer to her.

"That it is." I took her hands in mine and walked her to the beach. "This is one of my favorite spots in the pack city. I thought I'd share it with you." I explained and sat down on the sand, just far enough away from the water so the waves wouldn't drench us.

"I'm glad you did." She smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder. I smirked and lay my head on top of hers. She felt hot. I pulled back a little and made her look me in the eyes.

"Do you feel hot?" I asked worriedly and she just shook her head. I touched the back of my hand to her forehead and immediately pulled it back. She was burning up. "I think we should get you back to Sam. You're burning up, Sunshine." She rolled her eyes and pulled my hand, making me stay close to her.

"No. I don't want to." She pouted. I furrowed my brows as she rubbed her hand up and down my arm.

"What are you doing?" I slowly asked and tried to hold her hands back.

"You're too far." She whined and tried to lean in closer.

"Stop. Devina, what's going on?" She furrowed her brows again and jerked back.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what-" She stood up and looked around. "I- I um-" She looked back at me and her eyes fluttered shut. I ran to her side and caught her before she could fall to the hard ground.

"Devina? Devina, Sunshine can you open your eyes for me?" I brought her down to the sand and pushed a few strands of hair out of her face. After I checked her beating pulse, I yanked my phone out and dialed Sam's number.

"Alpha?" He answered.

"It's Devina. She was acting really weird then she stood up and now she's unconscious. I don't know what to do. She's burning up. She's sweating and she's so pale Sam. What do I do?" I rambled.

"Okay. How was she acting weird?" He questioned and huffed out in annoyance.

"She just said that I was too far from her. Sam, please help me." Devina started whimpering and tossing around in my arms. "She's in pain. I can feel it Sam."

"Do you think she's in heat?" He slowly asked and I shook my head.

"No, we haven't even known each other for very long. That's impossible." I shook my head and tried to calm Devina down.

"Alpha I don't know. I don't know what's happening." My heart dropped and I nodded.

"Okay." And with that, I hung up the phone. This was all on me now. I stood us both up and walked her to the water. "Sunshine wake up." Her eyes barely opened and I smiled. "There you go. Now I'm gonna walk us into the water okay?" I asked and her eyes closed again. "No no, come on stay with me now." I pulled her into the freezing water and dunked her underwater. I pulled her back up and her eyes shot open. "Good girl. Come on." She coughed up some water as I felt her forehead again.

"I'm sorry." She croaked out and I just shook my head.

"Tell me what you're feeling," I demanded and she just looked at the ocean.

"Please get me out of here." She panicked. "Please take me to the beach, Zane!" She yelled when I didn't move.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I carried her to the shore.

"Just get out of here!" She screamed making me flinch. Once we were on the beach, she wiggled out of my arms and backed away a few feet.

"Devina, I'm sorry I-" She shook her head as I tried to take a step forward.

"Just-just stay there please." She said and sucked in a deep breath.

"Tell me what's wrong Sunshine. Please, I want to help you." She gulped and frantically looked around.

"I feel weird Zane. I feel different." She cried and it took all the restraint I had not to run up to her and comfort her. "Something's n-not right." She begged me with those blue eyes of hers.

"I'll help you I'll-" She shook her head again and took another step back.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and turned on her heel, running up the beach and into the woods. I immediately followed her up the hill and into the trees.

"Devina!" I yelled when I didn't see or hear her. "Devina! Please just come back!" My heart was pounding as I rushed through the trees. "Sunshine!" I tried again, but now I couldn't smell her. I couldn't feel her. I fell to my knees and rested my head in my hands. "Please."

~Devina's POV~

I ran through the trees as fast as I could. My surroundings were blurring together into one big green and brown blob. I couldn't hear Zane's cries for me to come back anymore, which helped me push harder. After what felt like a few minutes, I saw the sun start to rise. I frowned and slowed down to a stop. Was it already morning? I fell to the dirt ground and caught my breath. Once I felt better, I slowly got to my feet and started walking. As the trees and bushes started to thin out, the sound of water got louder and louder. Water. I smiled and walked towards the sound. Eventually, the trees cleared and they revealed a small stream. I smiled and ran to the bank. Culling my hands together, I dipped them into the water and brought it up to my lips.

"You shouldn't just drink water like that." A voice warned and I quickly turned around. "You should filter it."

"Who are you?" I asked and took a step back.

"I could ask you the same thing." He replied and slung the shot gun off of his bare shoulder and aimed it at me.

"I'm Devina," I answered and he rolled his eyes.

"And why are you here?" I looked around and furrowed my brows.

"Where exactly is here?" I asked and he slowly took the gun away from me.

"You're just outside of Spokane." I shook my head and my eyebrows creased. "You know, Washington?" I nodded.

"What day is it?"

"May eighth." He replied and I sighed in relief.

"It's my birthday." I chuckled.

"Well happy birthday Devina. I'm Ethan." He slung the shot gun over his shoulder and held out his hand for me to shake.

"Thanks." I laughed and shook his hand. "For not shooting me, too," I added and Ethan laughed.

"No problem. Now, where are you from? I can take you back to the city and get you a ride-" I widened my eyes and shook my head.

"I don't want to go back." He narrowed my eyes.

"You smell like dog." He commented and my eyes widened. "What are you?" He quizzed.

"You know about...?"

"Werewolves? Yeah. Now, what are you?"

"I'm human," I assured him and he just shook his head.

"You smell like a witch or something else." He just shrugged and turned around. "Come on. You can stay with me for a few days." I glanced around at my surroundings but didn't move. "I live out here. Don't worry. No one will find you." I smiled and hurried after him.

"Thanks, Ethan." He just nodded in response. "Really."

"I was curious. You smelled like a wolf and something else and human at the same time. It threw me off." I laughed.

"My mate is a wolf and I'm human. I'm not sure about the other one though." I frowned and he stopped walking.

"I know someone. She could help you figure out what you are." My eyes widened and I shook my head.

"I'm human." He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"You aren't human." He assured me. "She lives a few miles away, we can hike there tomorrow." I hesitantly nodded and followed him back to his house, which wasn't really a house. It was a cave. "Sorry. It's not a huge mansion. But I try my best to live off the earth. With guns, ammunition, clothes and medical supplies as my only exception." I was impressed, I would never be able to live out here for very long, and judging by how homey the cave was, I think Ethan has been here awhile.

"I like it." I smiled and so did he.

"I was planning on going hunting later tonight so you can sleep on my bed. It's probably only noon now. Judging by how high up the sun is." Okay, now I was really impressed. "So who's your mate?" He asked as we both sat down on the rock floor. My heart ached at the thought of Zane. Is he still looking for me? I thought to myself. Has he given up yet? I glanced around the spacious cave. The only light was from the entrance and a little candle towards the back.

"Zane. He's an alpha." I sighed and Ethan's eyes widened.

"The alpha of the Crescent Moon Pack?" He gulped and I nodded. "If he finds you, he'll kill me." I frowned and shook my head.

"Not if I don't want him too. I promise I won't let that happen."

"Why run away then? It sounds like he really cares about you." I sighed and played with my fingers.

"Something changed. I changed. Everything was going fine then I started to feel different." I started to explain. "Then before I knew it, I wanted Zane to be close to me and when he rejected me I freaked out. I felt so weird. Then I passed out and woke up in the water, which didn't make me feel any better because I can't swim. And I-when I woke up I just felt so different and weird that I just ran. I ran for almost a day before you found me." Ethan's jaw dropped.

"A day?" He asked, shocked.

"I just started running. It felt like a few minutes honestly. Once I snapped out of it, I looked up and it was day time." Ethan and I talked for the rest of the day. Mostly about our past lives and family.

"It's getting dark. I should probably get going." He finally said and stood up. "There's food in that box over there and once again, I won't be back for awhile so you can sleep on my bed." After I said thanks, he grabbed his shotgun and left me all alone in the dimly lit cave. I shuffled back towards the bed and flipped down. It wasn't very comfortable but it felt good to just lay down. Before I knew it, I was out like a light.

"Devina." I heard a soft whisper. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in some sort of a wild flower field. "Devina." I heard the calm voice again, this time a little louder. The sun was beating down on my back, filling me with warmth. I looked across the field and saw a woman standing there smiling. "I've been waiting for you." She softly said and I started walking towards her. I was being pulled to her. I wanted to run into her arms. "Welcome my dear, you're finally home." She spoke as I finally reached her. She held open her arms and I walked into them.

"Devina?" I heard a familiar voice call. I pulled my head away from the women who looked at me with bright soft eyes.

"Go, my dear. He's in pain." I nodded and turned around, seeing Zane across the field.

"Devina!" He yelled and ran towards me. I looked back behind me but the woman wasn't there. "Where are you?" He frantically asked as soon as he reached me.

"How are you here? Am I dreaming?" I asked but Zane just pulled me into his arms.

"It's a spell. I'm in your dreams. Now tell me, where are you? Are you okay?" I leaned away from him and took a step backward.

"I'm fine. And I'm safe." I assured him.

"Please, Devina just let me come get you. Let me take you home." He begged but I just shook my head.

"Something changed Zane. I need to figure out what." He ran his fingers through his hair and looked up at me.

"Please Devina. I can't sleep. I can't eat. The only thing I can do is look for you. And I have no idea where you are. I've looked everywhere in Olympia. You're not here." I shook my head.

"I'm not in Olympia. But Zane, when I'm ready I'll come back, okay?" He shook his head and grabbed my arm.

"Devina I'm begging you, please just come home. Come back to me." A tear escaped my eye as his voice cracked, holding too much emotion. "Please. You're my Sunshine. My world is dark without you." My heart yearned to be in his arms, to make him feel better.

"I'm sorry Zane." I took a step forward so that our faces were only inches apart. "I'm so sorry." And with that, I crashed my lips onto his. He replied instantly, grabbing the back of my head with one hand and my cheek with the other, keeping me close to him. He kissed me back with so much passion and desire. "Zane." I moaned as he licked my bottom lip, asking for permission to enter. I let him in and our tongues danced together.

"God I wish you were actually here." He spoke as we pulled away, gasping for air. "Why do you need to do this Devina? I could be there with you. I could help you Sunshine. Just let me help you." He begged again but I just closed my eyes.

"Nothing makes sense anymore, Ethan said I didn't smell like a human. I don't think I am human Zane." He flinched and took a step back.

"You're with someone else? Are you letting someone else help you? You're with a guy?" I frantically shook my head and tried to calm him down with my hands. I grabbed his hands and brought them back up to my cheeks.

"Zane please, he's not going to do anything. And he knows someone who could tell me what I am." I quickly explained but he pulled his hands back. "If I am anything," I added, watching as Zane took another step back.

"I'm tired of this Devina. I'm tired of you playing hot and cold with me all the time." If words could kill, I'd be dead by now. "I'm so damn tired." I slowly nodded.

"Go ahead. Reject me." I took a step back and closed my eyes. "Just do it Zane." I opened my eyes back up and met his confused ones.

"I-I can't reject you in a dream." He answered which made my heart ache. He would if he were here in person.

"You can do it in a few days when I get back, then you won't have to worry about it anymore. I'll be out of your hair." I assured him and took a few steps back.

"No Devina I-" I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and with all my strength, I willed him to disappear and for myself to wake up. "No! Damnit!" I heard him yell but it was too late, I was back in the cave. Wide awake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 1.2K 32
"I'll make a deal with you"I said smiling sadisticly and slowly walking towards him. "wh-who are you"the Alpha said. "Oh you know your usual run in d...
46.1K 1.2K 48
(18+) FOR MATURE PEOPLE ONLY STRONG LANGUAGE SEXUAL SCENES YOU'VE BEEN WARNED (NOT EDITED) Our eyes were locked. It felt like we were staring at...
120K 5.6K 47
"I am visiting under unusual circumstances. I won't bore you with the details but I have lost something of mine and I was hoping you could help me fi...
12K 215 25
3 Years Later I can't believe it. Im gone from that horrible place. But where will i go? The closest territory? The Human World? Do i even have a hom...