Let Everybody Know - LAMS

By CinnamonRollLams

A classic LAMS college AU. Lots of fluff, some drama and stuff like that. I hope you enjoy! I will warn you w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - you swing at my friend you better not miss
Part 3 - John, You could Let it go
Chapter 5 - Live to Fight Another Day
Chapter 6 - People will always be critical
Chapter 7 - Don't make the personal political
Chapter 8 - Let Other People be Cynical
Chapter 9 -You're Laughing
Heyo sorry for annoying u but pls read this?
HAMILTON KINDERGARTEN NOW UPLOADED :)
Chapter 10 - Find Your Way Home
11 - Helpless
12 - Alex, you could let it go
Chaoter 13 - Wait for it
Chapter - 14
Chapter 15 - Washington on Your Side
Chapter 16 - Say No to This
Chapter 17 - Wait for him
Chapter 18 - you've been here this whole time
Chapter 19
Please read (important !!)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - bUSTED
Chapter 22 - Christmas
Chapter 23 - Philip
HIII PLS READ 💜💜
A NIGHT'S DREAM
24 - Slap Bet
25 - Uncertainty
26 - the accident
27 -The end

Chapter 4 - Stay Alive For Me

7.3K 257 1.1K
By CinnamonRollLams

John's POV

Salt Sqaud (minus Alex)

TooGayToFunction: guys, I think Alexander has a gf

MonAmi: no, as if, he was eating a can of, how you say? What are they? Pringles.

Resorted2EatingOurHorses: what do Pringles have to do with this?

MonAmi: the single Pringle thing u Americans say

TooGayToFunction: ok, whatever, I want to look at his files

Resorted2EatingOurHorses: why would stuff about his gf be in this school application files?

TooGayToFuction: idk but I'm gonna take a look.

TooGayToFunction: can we change our users? They're so long.

NoHomo: aH, I did miss the original users.

MonAmi: gotchu fam

HERCules: fine lets go get the files.

-
I groaned at my alarm groggily, practically punching the clock as I tried to turn it off before checking the time.

Ew 5:30am maybe stalker-checking my new roommates files to obsessively see if he has a girlfriend isn't worth waking up for.....Nah.

I rolled out of bed quietly and pulled on a coat and some shoes and tip toed out across the hall to see herc and laf.

"And now, we stalk" Hercules smirked and we followed him off to the Principles Office. (A/N in American colleges do they call head of Colleges Principles? Idk if that's what they even call them in Aus)

We used a card to swipe down the side of the locked door until about ten minutes later we got it open.

"Wow" I muttered. The principles office was huge and one of the large walls was  stacked at every centimetre with a filing cabinet. "We better get started I guess. Look for the H cabinet, it should be the first H cabinet since his first name is Alexander. It's H for Hamilton"

We spent five minutes searching until I almostr screamed in happiness and fell off the ladder after finding it.

Hercules grabbed the thick files from my arms while Laf helped me down the ladder. "It weighs a ton! How interesting can this Hamilton boy be? He's only been on this earth nineteen years and his file could contain as much information as an eight-hundred page biography for a politician could!"

"C'mon let's just get started, neither of us start class until 11am and it's only 5:30am" I rolled my eyes at my friends and pulled open his book of files. "Ooooh a section on his 'Past Life and Family History' how professional sounding" I laughed.

"Ok, its reached a new level of obsession, we might have to get Alexander a restraining order" Lafayette said before continuing to read on. "Merde.....they have almost every intimate detail of his life!"

"This might explain it" I picked up a stack of papers and made out the words, written in  messy handwriting and read them out. "The absence of my father is caused by his departure from our family. My mother died due to illness while I was twelve and the cousin I went to stay with after the hurricane in the Caribbean that destroyed my home and killed my brother, he committed suicide. Here are they essays I wrote that I used to get kind, generous, sympathetic people to help me raise money to get on a ship to New York. I know you probably don't do this often,  but due to the lack of family and relatives and my self taught education (thanks to books) all I know how to do is write essays and persuade people, using these essays." I stopped reading at the end of the first page and stared, in mild shock, the only sound was Laf and herc shuffling through papers hastily.

"John, this is one essay" Hercules muttered, holding a stack of probably around fifty pages. "Apparently they were at first letters addressed to his father"

I snatched the papers off him and shoved them back into Alex's file.

"I think we looked to deep into his history" I mumbled, trying to fit the heavy file back into the slim space it had been previously squeezed into.

Laf and Hercules held the door open for me and we quietly shut it and walked back to our dorms, slightly embarrassed at how nosy we had been. "If it makes you feel better, no signs that he has or ever had a relationship" Lafayette said, flopping back into his bed once we had gotten back to the dorm.

"I gotta go back to my dorm, see you guys at lunch" I walked out the door, rolling my eyes and smiling at the 'OooooOoooOoOoOoOo' sounds the two were making.

Alex's POV

I woke up to see John's bed empty and his sheets messily flipped over. Assuming he'd probably just gone to see Hercules and Lafayette I  pulled on a random jumper and some shoes and walked over to the Schuyler's dorm.

"Alex! Sit down!" Peggy greeted me at  the door, smiling and motioned for me to sit on the huge couch in their extended lounge room.

"Wow, nice dorm" calling it a dorm was an understatement. They could live in this after they graduated if they needed.  I sat down in a chair, opposite from the couch the girls were sitting.

"So, what was your big kinda not big problem?" Eliza asked.

"I have a small-not-so-small-very-big crush on someone" I awkwardly smiled, cracking my knuckles and staring at my shoes.

"Is it John?" Peggy piped up and the other two girls looked like they were almost praying.

"Uh.... yeah" Eliza and Angelica groaned and each slapped a twenty dollar bill in Peggy's hand while she smirked and stuffed the money in her pocket.

"Bisexual? Pansexual? Gay? Queer? No Label?" Peggy looked ecstatic and her sisters stared at her, wondering how she knew about the different sexualities since It was obvious Angelica and Eliza had no clue, "I mean- I don't know like uh, I wouldn't know b-because I'm not.... I wouldn't know because I'm not gay PSHHHH Peggy Schuyler gay a-as if ha ha ha" she awkwardly slumped in her seat and scar arched the back of her head, suddenly regretting what she had said previously.

"I like him, a lot but I've only known him three days so it's not like I can do anything" I'd learnt a lot about John in the past three days but I still barely knew him and if he knew about my past he probably would like me even less if that was possible because he obviously doesn't like me.

"He likes you" Eliza smiled and the other two nodded in agreement. "The way he looks at you and the way he talks about you, he's a hundred percent gay for you"

"Isn't he a hundred percent gay for everybody? Since he's a hundred percent gay? But I wouldn't know because I'm not gay. I'm as straight as a ruler and totally heterosexual t-totally" Peggy blurted quickly and her sisters once again started at her confused but dismissed it seconds later.

"Tell him" Eliza said, completely calm.

"Eliza I can't-"

"Yeah, he can't maybe he shouldn't because y-you know. Gays aren't really accepted here... maybe look at a girl or something" Angelica said, her face red while she fumbled with her fingers.

"Why not? John likes him, he likes John, perfect!" The two other girls looked at their eldest sister, slightly surprised Angelia would say something like that and Peggy looked even more nervous than usual. "There's literally a huge banner announcing our LGBTQ+ celebration week next month"

"Fine, do whatever, I'm fine"

Eliza smirked, like an idea that she thought was glorious and obviously wouldn't be just as amusing for me had popped into her head. "Ok, so, tell John you like him before the start of February or we tell him for you"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms at the smugness that was plastered onto Peggy and Eliza's faces."But that's only like twenty-three days! That's not enough time for me to build up the courage to tell him!"

"Then build it up like Donald trump plans to build up his wall! Quick and YUUUUUGE" Peggy laughed, scrunching up her face, impersonating the orange that ran our country.

"Well thanks for.... your..... help?" I said almost as a question and walked out.

I huffed and sat down in my chair, pulling out my papers to start on my essays and watched small droplets of rain settle onto the glass. I wonder if John likes me? He's always looking at me when I look at him but I mean, that means nothing. I haven't talked to him the whole day he's probably forgotten me.

"Yes Martha I really, really, really like A-" John walked in and looked like he saw a ghost when he looked at me. "Apricots.... I uh, really like apricots now I have to go bye" He threw the phone on the bed and pulled up a chair next to me. He watched me work for a bit before finally speaking up.

"And the Hamilton boy is at work, once again, sat in front of his desk, he has so many papers about so many things in front of him but none of them are about his social life because that would be the one essay he has that's not longer than a page" John narrated in a news reporter voice, laughing in between words.

"Hey, might wanna stop teasing the loner about not having a social life when you're the one talking to the loner" I smirked and continued typing.

"Why do you keep writing and trying to get such good grades? You wrote like 100 essays just to get into this school"

"What? How do you know about that?" I turned in my chair to look at the freckled boy right in the eyes.

John's face went red and his eyes large. "I-I-I-Alex"

"John!? How do you know that!? Can you answer me please?" We both stood up, staring at each other.

He pushed some of his brown hair behind his ear, looking panicked. "I looked at your files but only because I wanted to see if you had a girlfriend! God that sounds worse that it sounded in my head"

"What the hell John? My plan was to be a new man or whatever here in New York! And then the guy I like goes through my files and finds out everything about my past!"

"You like me?" John stared at me shocked while I continued on rambling.

"How am I supposed to make a new life here when the most important person I'll know here knows all about my past? You should've just trusted me when I said I didn't, I've never had a relationship in my life but I'm sure you didn't need me to say that since you obviously already know! Oh? I wonder how you know? YOU WENT THROUGH MY FILES, THAT'S HOW" I slammed my laptop lid, unaware of the sounds of the rain getting louder.

"You like me?"

"God! Stop asking that can you just get out!?" I pulled at the sleeves of the jumper I'd picked up this morning nervously. My mind was telling me Alex you're fucking this up just shut up but everything else was telling me fight him, you are not a loner. He's your friend. That you are probably about to lose now FIGHT HIM.

"YOU LIKE ME?" He repeated, louder this time, possibly because he was now just a few centimetres from my face.

"GET OUT. Maybe you can go check my files and find out that my parents weren't even married when they had me!" John slammed the door shut and my legs just gave in and I crumbled to the ground, a sobbing mess. He'd fucked everything up now. I'll forever be the 'bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman who wasn't even meant to be born.'

John's POV

I pulled my hoodie over to cover me from the current storm and shield me from the heavy pouring rain while I walked over to the coffee shop.

"Some storm isn't it?" A familiar girl from behind the coffee shop counter smiled at me.

"Hey, you're Maria Reynolds! Friends with Peggy Schuyler right? She's one of my best friends" Her face flushed red.

"Yeah, well I used to be Maria Lewis but I hated my parents and during my rebellious stage, changed it to Reynolds. And Peggy, she's great, so, uh, what are you here to order?" Maria quickly changed the subject and turned over to the order machine.

"Two black coffees, thanks"

"A peckish Laurens I see" she joked, starting on the coffees.

"A peckish Laurens and his friend in his dorm"

"A Peckish Laurens and his friend in his dorm who he's trying to make up for a fight with?"

"And Laurens' cover has been blown"

"Let's stop" she handed me the coffees and waved me goodbye.

"Thank you"

-

I feel like I don't write well, I probably don't but I feel like I'm so repetitive with the

"'Blah blah" she said'

And the 'I did this and I did that'

Can u guys pls tell me if I'm doing ok?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600 21 16
John Laurens x Alexander Hamilton Probably slow burn but not too much "You were right, we're better as friends" Modern College AU Plz don't steal m...
745 9 9
Lams fanfic All fluff, some angst All characters are from Hamilton, the Broadway musical TW: Drinking, Swearing Other ships in this story: Mullette ...
21.9K 814 14
Basically A College AU. Lots if drama, relationships, and all the good stuffâ„¢ Disclaimers: I will put any trigger warning in the chapters if there ar...
153K 5.8K 20
a modern day college lams au set in the perspective of alexander (finished)