The Hybrid

By WYLD_ROSE

Book 1 of The Alpha Series. Highest Rank: #2 in Werewolf. He growled darkly, making me uneasy at the sound. A... More

AN: Must Read!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3
Thank You & The Alpha Series: Book 2!
The Alpha Series: Book 3
The Alpha Series: Book 4!
Exclusive Chapter Teaser

Chapter 11

483K 15.6K 8.4K
By WYLD_ROSE

Important Note: Aurora is not going through heat in this chapter, she's caught a cold. Remember, I said in my note at the start that in my books, humans will not go through heat. 

Chapter 11 – Sick Days

I groan loudly at the constant pain I'm going through as I lie on my stomach in bed. My nose is stuffy, I have a terrible migraine, my house is freezing and my body aches.

Hearing the doorbell's chime echo throughout the house, I mentally cry as I get up. My body screams in protest and my temples throb with every step, making me stop and steady myself. Wrapping a blanket around my shoulders, I slowly make my way down the stairs and to the front door. Unlocking it and pulling the door open, I'm greeted by the sight of a handsome looking Vulcan who is dressed in casual attire.

Croaking out a greeting, I let him in and lock the door before continuing up the stairs. I hear his footsteps follow behind me soon after. Walking through my open door, I plop down onto my bed again, covering myself up. Shutting my tired eyes, I whimper at the heat they are emitting.

''You haven't been in school for three days.'' His familiar, deep baritone sounds throughout the room making me shiver involuntarily at its huskiness.

''I'm legit dying Vulcan and you expect me to go to school?'' I mumble, turning my face to look up at him as he moves to the side of my bed. "Are you stalking me?"

His concerned eyes meet mine when he crouches down. I close my eyes as I feel his warm hand caress my cheek. "Can you just keep your hand there? I feel like my home is Antarctica right now.''

Smiling when I hear him chuckle, I sigh in content when he starts placing sweet kisses on my cold skin, heating it up in an instant. Electricity dances through my veins as sparks litter my skin, making me wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. He slips his hands under the blanket and under my hoodie, gripping onto my waist tightly as I tremble under his touch.

Slowly, he places one of his hands on my forehead and then on my neck, shaking his head and muttering curses under his breath. When he stands, I watch him leave the room only to come back a few minutes later.

"What are you doing?" I grumble, my voice different from the sickness.

He looks down at me with his darkened green eyes making me wonder what has gotten him riled up now. Tapping my lips while holding up a thermometer, he places it under my tongue just as I open my mouth. He's tense as we wait, knuckles white as his hand grips the bedside table and his jaw is clenched. I can tell he is furious by his expression.

I'm about to ask him again when I remember I have a thermometer in my mouth. "How long have you been sick for?"

"Since Tuesday night." I shake my head after he takes the thermometer out. "You don't have to –"

"You are mine, Aurora. I need to take care of you. What if your fever worsened? You're not safe in this house alone." He growls loudly, the sound echoing in the room. "And why didn't you call me?"

I look away sheepishly. "I didn't want to bother you -"

"You could never bother me, Aurora." He sighs, the anger diminishing in his eyes as his knuckles caress the heated skin of my cheek.

"Don't leave the bed. I'm going to make you something to eat after you take a nap." He states, leaving room for no further argument.

Covering me until the blanket is up to my neck, he turns and walks out. I'm trying to sleep when he slips back in with a glass of water and two painkillers. Sitting up with a low groan as my body aches, I thank him before taking the pills and swallowing them down with the water. Handing it back to him, I notice that he has not stopped staring at me. There are a lot of emotions present in his beautiful green eyes before they disappear and become steely and cold again.

"I can't fall asleep, everything hurts." I close my eyes before opening them again when heat pulses through my eyelids.

A look of conflict passes through his features before he removes his jacket and shoes. Grabbing the edge of the blanket, he pulls it up and places one knee on the bed. With my eyes growing tired, I distance myself from him to make some room and turn my back to him. Yelping, when his arm wraps around my waist and pulls me back to his rock hard chest, I shiver when he growls softly into my neck, nuzzling the skin with the tip of his nose.

"Don't run from me."

I laugh softly. "I just made room for you to be comfortable and believe me, I am in no mood to run so you can forget about that buddy."

His only response is the tightening of his arms and cuddling me closer to him so that his chin is placed on top of my head. I hum in delight as his lips constantly meet the top of my hair in gentle kisses.

"Vulcan,'' I start, my eyes widening in sudden realization. ''Won't you get sick being close to me?"

"I'll be fine, Моя любовь." (My love.)

I hum, turning around and cuddling further into the warmth he provides. It's silent for a long while, sleep pulling at me. Not being able to get enough sleep for the past few days, I welcome it with open arms, happy that I'm finally going to wake up well rested and hopefully more energized.

But before I'm pulled into the land of dreams, I hear Vulcan whisper to me softly, "My precious angel." 

And I fall asleep with my cheek tingling from his kiss and a soft smile on my face.

***

I wake up by someone shaking me gently sometime later in the evening. My eyes flutter open to see Vulcan standing there with a tray. I sit up, slowly and sigh in relief when my body doesn't ache anymore. He sits down in front of me on the bed, both our legs crossed. I pull my hair to one side as I watch him swirl the spoon in the soup and break off a piece of bread. Leaning forward, I let him feed me, my eyes widening at the burst of flavors.

"This is so good. Did you make it?" I ask to which he only nods in reply before giving me some more.

I manage to finish the soup and bread instead of only eating a little bit and then leaving it like I have been doing for the past few days. Vulcan comes back up after putting the tray downstairs and gives me some medicine. I try to stifle my laughter at how much of a mother hen he's being.

"Don't you have to get back home?" I ask when he picks me up and places me on his lap in the bed.

I can feel him shake his head against my neck. "I finished most of the work I had to do today."

"What do you do anyways?" I frown up at him, realizing I have never asked.

He shrugs lightly, passing me the glass of water and waiting for me to finish it before speaking. "I own companies and hotels around the world along with other stuff on the side."

I nod, leaning back against his chest and closing my eyes when he wraps his arms around my waist. This is nice, even though I'm sick and probably look terrible enough to scare little kids away. I watch as he picks up the remote and turns on the TV, flicking through channels until he finds a movie that both of us want to watch, spending a relaxing evening together.

***

The next day.

My eyes flutter open when the sunlight that has managed to peek through the curtain lands on my face. I yawn, turning over only to find an empty space beside me, the sheets ruffled and pulled back, telling me that Vulcan had woken up before me. I sigh in content when I stretch like a cat in the bed before finally getting up.

Making my way into the bathroom with a bundle of clothes, I lock the door before turning on the shower, stepping into the spray of warm water once I undress. After washing myself quickly and rubbing shampoo into my hair, I step out of the shower and dry myself up, wrapping my hair into a towel and pulling on my clothes; a pair of black jeans and an over sized beige sweater.

Drying my hair, I pull it up into a messy bun and slip my feet into a pair of flats before walking downstairs towards the heavenly scent of food. After taking that shower, I feel refreshed, not fully recovered but better than yesterday. I slept like a baby last night, maybe it was the bed or maybe it was because of Vulcan but it makes me want to have that every night just so that I can sleep peacefully.

Walking in through the open door of the kitchen, my jaw drops at the sight of Vulcan's shirtless back, his muscles flexing as he turns off the stove. Taking a few steps forward, I watch as his back tenses before relaxing.

"Morning, love. Hungry?"

"Starving. Need any help?" I ask as he turns around with a plate full of waffles.

"You could help me finish these?" He smirks, taking my hand and leading me to the kitchen island.

I pull out a seat for myself when suddenly, I'm tugged onto Vulcan's lap. Shrugging, I settle into his embrace knowing he will end up glaring and growling at me until I agree to sit on his lap. Trust me, I have tried before and now know better.

"Bring it, Romanov." I tease, grabbing a fork and knife before digging into the waffles he places onto my plate.

Vulcan growls playfully in response, skimming his nose down the length of my neck and inhaling deeply, which I find weird but choose not to comment on. I drizzle one with Nutella before loading it with fruits, cutting up a piece and taking a bite. 

"Wow! You can really cook."

He mumbles out a thank you before picking up a fork and digging in. "Feel better?"

"Yes, Doc." I tease, taking a sip of my juice.

He chuckles, tightening his arms around me and bringing his lips to my ear. "I don't mind playing the doctor...as long as you're my sexy patient."

I choke on my juice before slapping my chest. Glaring at him, I push him slightly, he makes everything into a sexual innuendo so easily. He laughs and kisses my flaming cheeks before bringing a forkful of waffle to my lips. Opening my mouth, I stare directly into his eyes as my lips wrap around the cutlery. I moan softly just to rile him up, closing my eyes as my tongue darts out to lick my lips.

He groans, biting his lip whilst his fingers dig into my waist making me smirk at the reaction I have caused. My eyes are trained on his teeth gnawing at his bottom lip causing heat to spread through my lower region. Smiling innocently, I turn back to eat my breakfast, pouring some more syrup over the stack before taking a bite.

After breakfast, he pulls me outside to the bench when I have chosen a book to read. Sitting down, he grabs my legs and places them on his lap, rubbing my ankles absentmindedly. I smile happily, flicking over to where the bookmark is and opening up the page. I'm soon immersed in the world the author has created, my eyes taking in every word.

***

"Are you kidding me?" I grumble, throwing the book on my lap and crossing my arms. "Stupid."

I look up to see Vulcan smirking at me with an eyebrow raised in question. Sighing, I roll my eyes. "Lucy ends up being with Clayton when she should clearly be with Nick!"

We stare at each other before Vulcan tips his head back and lets out loud laughter. I smile softly as I watch him, his face free of any stress or worries like they have always been. He looks relaxed and I'm happy that it's when he is with me. 

He looks back at me and shakes his head, eyes lit up in amusement. "Maybe it'll get better as the story progresses?"

"No," I sigh. "Kayla, my friend from school, already spoiled it for me. I just didn't know who it would be." I mutter, picking at the end of my sweater.

"It's just a story, Моя дорогая ." He laughs, pulling me to sit on his lap. (My darling)

I pout in annoyance. "Still...she should be with Nick, he is perfect!"

"Enough about him." He growls suddenly, pressing his lips to mine firmly and giving me a toe-curling kiss that only he can give.

I push him away, laughing. "You're jealous over a character in a book?"

He doesn't reply, instead glares at the book and grumbles under his breath, making me laugh even more at how absurd he's being. "You are so cute."

"I am not cute. I am a man and men are not cute." He frowns, puffing out his chest slightly.

Rolling my eyes, I rest my head on his chest. "You're such a dork, I don't know why I like you so much." 

A short silence follows before I realize what I have said, my eyes widening. I feel him still under me, making me shut my eyes tight when he doesn't reply. Stupid, Aurora! Now look what you've done! Pulling away, I blush when I see him staring at me. 

Quickly, I move me gaze elsewhere. "I uh -"

"I like you too." He smirks, finally. I nearly scream hallelujah in delight.

I grin happily, while his fingers rise to grip my hair tight and pull me down until our lips are brushing against each other. We sit out here for the longest time just talking and kissing, until morning turns into noon and my stomach rumbles embarrassingly loud. Vulcan stops talking to look at me with amusement shining in his bright green eyes. I bury my head into my hands to hide my heated cheeks when he chuckles.

"Looks like someone's hungry." He smirks before grabbing my hand and pulling me off the swing.

I hum in agreement whilst we walk through the kitchen doors and into the living room. He turns towards me, looking down with furrowed eyebrows while his thumb caresses my skin softly. I try to ignore the tingles and rush of heat that spreads through that one spot but it's hard and I end up biting my lip to stifle a sound of pleasure from escaping.

"I know a place not far from here, want to go out for food?"

"Sure! Just let me grab some proper shoes." I smile, letting go of his hand to make a start towards the stairs.

"Don't forget your coat, you're still a bit sick." He orders from behind, making me roll my eyes before grinning at how caring he's being.

I rush upstairs to my room and grab my converses along with a grey coat, slipping them on as I make my way back down to the sitting room where Vulcan stands waiting for me. He nods in satisfaction before placing a beanie on my head and I grumble in protest, the warning in his eyes telling me not to argue. After making sure I have my house keys, I lock the door and get into the passenger seat of the car.

I play with the radio stations until I find one that I like, bobbing my head along to the beat. My hand is grasped by Vulcan and he glances at me with a smile as he intertwines our fingers. I grin back before looking out the window, watching people mill about in town as they shop and meet up with friends.

He soon pulls into a free parking space fifteen minutes later outside a restaurant that I have never seen nor heard of before. Hopping out of the car, I join him at the front while looking at the retro themed signs and the small bit of decor I can see from the windows. Grabbing my hand in his again, he locks the door before pulling me along to the entrance.

We find a booth by the window and sit down, I take off my beanie and place it on the table before picking up the menu. Humming as I scan for something to eat, I glance up only to meet amused eyes. Frowning in confusion, I wiggle my brows at him to which he just shakes his head before reaching over and patting down my hair. I blush when I realize I probably looked like a hurricane went through my hair when I slipped off my beanie.

A waiter soon comes over to greet us. Looking at his name-tag, I discover that his name is Ricardo. He has a boyish smile and soft features, floppy brown hair hanging onto his forehead. I look around the restaurant whilst Vulcan orders, this is quite a popular spot for high school students. My eyes settle on a family about four tables down from us, a girl around the age of eight or nine talking to her father animatedly.

I smile softly, the scene tugging at my heartstrings. I used to talk to my dad like that about anything and everything in the world whilst my mom tried to get me to eat my food like the girl's mother is doing now. A wistful sigh escapes me as I remember my parents for about the hundredth time today, I never want to forget them.

"Aurora...?" Vulcan's call snaps me out of my thoughts and I turn back to find both men staring at me.

The waiter's sea green eyes are trained on me making me cough awkwardly for keeping him waiting so long. Smiling sheepishly, I rattle off my order for a burger with chips as a side and lemonade. He smiles back, his eyes glancing up at me while he writes down the order on his little pad.

"Excellent choice ma'am. I'll be right back with your order." He comments, reaching forward to take the menu from me. 

His fingers brush mine and he stills for a moment before a loud cough breaks him out of his trance. Shaking his head, he looks back to see an angry Vulcan glaring at him. Mumbling out an apology, he leaves in a haste towards the counter.

I shrug my shoulders before looking out the window, watching multiple cars find spaces to park. A good while passes and when there is no sound from Vulcan, I glance back only to double-take when I see his fists clenched and knuckles white. His jaw is set and eyes hard as they follow every move the waiter makes.

"Hey," I start softly, leaning over to grab his closed fist before rubbing the pad of my thumb across his knuckles. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong is that -" He glowers at the unaware waiter before turning to me and gripping my hand. "Is that he's flirting with you!"

"What?! Me - No!" I splutter, raising a brow in a skeptical fashion.

"Yes. He is." He mutters, frowning at the waiter who is making his way towards us with our meals.

I perk up at the sight of food, my stomach growling in response. I grin when he sets it down and immediately dig in, mumbling out a quick thank you before popping a chip in my mouth. Vulcan just grunts in response when his plate is set down in front of him.

"Anything else, ma'am? Some -"

"She's fine!" Vulcan spits out, staring down the waiter with distaste. 

I snicker quietly at the pale man who visibly shakes because of his intimidating figure. Smiling in reassurance, I give him a thumbs up to which he nods to and runs away.

I can't keep the smile off my face as I stare at Vulcan who grumbles to himself, stabbing at his pasta with anger. His eyebrows are furrowed and a scowl is set on his lips. Since the seats are too close to each other, our knees are touching and I'm very aware of his leg bouncing as he twirls some spaghetti into his mouth before looking to the front to find where the waiter is. I swear if this was a game of whack-a-mole and the waiter was the mole, Vulcan would destroy him with his fists instead of a hammer.

Regardless of the imaginary steam shooting out of his ears, I continue to enjoy my meal before I'm interrupted by the waiter...for the second time. He places a wad of napkins near my plate along with some extra sugar and salt before smiling at me and walking off. Rolling my eyes, I bite into my burger, savoring the taste.

Glancing back up, I stop chewing when I see Vulcan staring at the napkins. Looking down, I frown when a series of numbers are sprawled messily onto the white material. Picking it up, I see the waiter's name above his phone number and chuckle. The guy has balls, that's for sure. I mean, even when Vulcan is flat out glaring at him he still slips his number to me.

"Someone's jealous." I sing, nudging his leg with my knee and watching as his head snaps up to glower at me.

"Of course, I'm jealous! That fucker has been staring at you ever since we stepped foot into this building." He seethes, pushing his clean plate away with a frown.

I chuckle and pop the last chip in my mouth before placing my cutlery onto the plate and finishing my lemonade. We stand and Vulcan throws some cash on the table before pushing the money I have taken out back into my purse and closing it.

Grumbling under my breath about how I can pay for my own food, I pout up at him when he chooses to ignore my protests and instead, slips my beanie on top of my head before grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the diner. Sighing, I know it's no use to try and cheer him up, so I let him have his way.

I let go of his hand to round the car but before I can open the door, I'm pushed up against it and his lips are suddenly on mine. Moaning softly, I tangle my fingers into his hair and tug gently, eliciting a husky groan from his lips.

He presses himself closer to me and deepens the kiss, warm hands trailing down to my sides to grip my waist tightly. Smiling, I cup his face and bite down on his bottom lip before pulling it. The action causes the kiss to turn frenzied and desperate and has us panting for air when we finally pull away.

I grin up at him before leaning forward to peck his lips once more. He smiles down at me softly before opening the car door and pushing me in by the small of my back. Strapping on my seat belt, I sigh in pure bliss before bringing my fingers up to brush my tingling lips. Giggling softly, I bite down on my lip to stifle them as Vulcan rounds the car.

Ugh so possessive! 😂

VOTE and COMMENT if you liked this chapter please!

- R.W. ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 9.1K 47
Her words still linger in my head My mind wanders off to thinking about her Her natural thick chocolate curls. Her Carmel skin. Her beautiful melan...
23.2M 652K 56
[#1 in wearwolf 6/8/17] "Come on Jenna. Just one word." He taunt. He gripped my wrist in one hand and trailed his hand down my side to my hips. His h...
477K 13.6K 49
Mature: 18+ He kisses along her neck, between her breasts, and down her stomach. "You look beautiful like this. Your tight, pink p***y stretched arou...
225K 12.3K 48
After getting betrayed in love, the happy bubbly soul Diya turned cold and lost trust. She started working at her father's office and tries to forget...