The Alpha's Little Nerd

Da MyColdCorpse

"She's my mate!" Zane yelled causing both the man and I to widen our eyes. Mate? Is Zane Australian? "No. Th... Altro

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Ninteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty

Six

22.7K 625 138
Da MyColdCorpse

~Devina's POV~

Once we finished packing, I went back upstairs to grab Mr. Freddles and all of his stuff then walked back downstairs to meet Zane.

"So where are you thinking about living? I don't have a girlfriend. It's just me in the house." I nodded and set Mr. Freddles down on the coffee table.

"I'll live with you." Zane's lips tugged upwards and he ran over to me. "But," I stopped him from hugging me and pushed him back with my hand. "I get my own room." He nodded.

"Done."

"You have to knock every time you want to come into my room." He rolled his eyes.

"Check."

"And," I added and took my hand away from his chest. "I don't want your money, okay?" He rolled his eyes again. I know that sounded dumb because I just agreed to live with him, but I wasn't planning on just letting him let me live there for free.

"What do you want me to do? Make you pay for the groceries and for rent?" I furrowed my brows and nodded.

"I'll get a job." He grabbed my arm and shook his head.

"Please just let me," He paused and looked around as if he would find the right words dancing on the ceiling. "Spoil you. I want you to have the best." He rubbed circles on my arm with his thumbs and my knees almost gave out beneath me. "Woah, you alright?" Crap, he noticed.

"Yeah. Let's just go before I change my mind." He scowled but then nodded and picked up a box of my clothes.

"I'm driving this time." He laughed and walked out to the Audi.

"Why? My driving isn't that bad!" I hit his arm and got in on the passenger side of the car.

"You go too slow." He groaned and sped off away from my old house.

"It's not my fault you let me drive a brand new car! It was stressful!" I defended which just earned a chuckle from Zane.

"You're so cute." I stopped laughing and looked over towards him.

"Stop doing that!" I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Doing what? I didn't do anything."

"Stop playing with my feelings. Stop making me feel that way." He slowed down a little and stared at me.

"What way? What do you feel?" He seriously asked. I shrugged and avoided his gaze.

"Like every time I'm with you, it's a really stressful job interview. Like I always have to act my best and look my best. And when you touch me, you do something. I don't know what but you do." I ranted, but once the words came out of my mouth, they didn't make much sense. "I'm not crazy," I added.

"I'm not trying to be sappy or anything, but I'm not doing anything. It's because we're soulmates. Every fiber of your body wants to be with me and same goes for mine."

"Not every fiber."

"No that's just your mind. I know I'm not your favorite person, or even close for that matter, but I would treat you better than anyone else Devina. And you know it. Deep down inside I think you know I'm not just some big bad Alpha." I laughed but even if you put it under a microscope, you wouldn't be able to find a hint of humor.

"You ordered my whole school to be killed." He closed his eyes and sped up.

"I know that. But you also don't know everything so I wouldn't be talking right now if I were you."

"Well, you aren't me." I snapped back. "And the only reason why I don't know anything is that no one is telling me anything so that's not my fault."

"Yeah, no ones is telling you anything because they're afraid you might not believe them even if you see it with your own eyes."

"Yeah and then maybe they'll attack me and tackle me to the ground!" I yelled.

"Okay and even after they've apologized a million times you won't forgive them!"

"Maybe that's because I don't know when they'll pounce on me again when they're angry!" I screamed as tears streamed down my face.

"Is that really what you think Devina? That I'll just pounce on you? I'm sorry okay? What more do you want me to say?"

"I never said it was you," I muttered.

"Devina I'm serious, I would never hurt you." He tried to assure me but there was no point.

"You already have." I softly replied and looked out the window.

"I didn't mean to. I would never do it on purpose." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Just drive please."

~Zane's POV~

"Just drive please." She politely replied and went back to staring out the window. We were about two hours away from the city and I couldn't wait. Devina was going to be sleeping in my house every night. I would be able to see her when I wake up and when I go to sleep. I shook my head and pulled the car over, she doesn't forgive me. I got out of the car, ignoring her questions and opened her door. When she didn't move to get out, I reached inside and carried her like a baby out of the car.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say because I never apologize to people. Just you. The thought of you hating me makes me sick to my stomach." I put my hands on her shoulders and leveled our eyes.

"I don't hate you." She rolled her eyes. "But I will hate you if you don't get back into the car and drive me to your house." She added and I chuckled.

"Our house." I corrected her and she scowled.

"Nope. I won't consider it half mine until I pay half the rent."

"I own the freaking house there is no rent." I laughed and she squinted her blue eyes.

"Then half the bills." I pulled her into my chest and set my chin on the top of her head.

"Yeah, we'll see about that one." I was the first to pull away and walk back to the car but Devina wasn't that far behind.

Once we got back to my new house, some of Devina's stuff had arrived so we started unpacking.

"Zane why isn't there any furniture?" She asked and I scratched the back of my neck.

"It hasn't been delivered yet." She slowly walked over to me and narrowed her blue eyes again. Shit.

"You just bought this house? For me?" She asked and I nodded.

"I needed a new place anyway." She smacked my arm and laughed, which surprised me.

"You butt hole!"

"Butt hole? Just say asshole." I said in a duh tone and her eyes widened.

"No!" I asked why and she looked down at her hands. "Because it's a bad word." She whispered and I'm pretty sure that's the exact moment when I fell madly in love with her. She was perfect and pure. Although even if she wasn't, it probably wouldn't change how I felt about her.

"Fuck. Shit. Damn. Umm.... motherfucker." She widened her eyes again and plugged her ears, running away from me.

"Nooooo!" She screamed with laughter running into the kitten behind the island. "Stop Zane!" I narrowed my eyes and fake flinched towards the left which made her go right then I ran right and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Fuck. Ass. Shit." I whispered in her ear and she squirmed away from me.

"Zane stop! It's not funny!" I laughed and lunged for her again but she was already on the other side of the island. I jumped over it and caught her in my arms again. "Zane! Let me go!"

"Never," I whispered and turned her thin body around so she was facing me. My eyes darted down to her lips then back up to her eyes, half seeing her reaction, half seeking her permission. She didn't stop me so I leaned in closer, with our noses touching. Just as I was going to close the much-resented space between us, I stopped and pulled back. This isn't what she wants. I told myself and turned away from her. "We should start unpacking your stuff." And with that, I walked out of the hot kitchen and grabbed one of her boxes, carrying it upstairs to her room. The spacious room had a full sized bed that was pressed up against one of the walls, with one nightstand sitting next to it. There's also a dresser and a desk. I set the box of clothes down on the dresser and turned around, hearing Devina's footsteps behind me and smelling her sweet lavender scent.

"Thanks." She shyly said and I nodded.

"There's blankets and pillows already on the bed. I think I'm going to stay up a little longer and unpack some of my stuff." She walked over to the bed and sat down.

"I can help you if you want." She offered, but I shot her down.

"Nah, that's okay." Her eyes darted up to mine and she furrowed her brows. I could tell I hurt her in some way, but how? Was it because I pulled away from her? No, she doesn't want me to kiss her. I kept telling myself but I wasn't convinced.

"Alright."

"Look, I-" She cut me off by standing and shaking her head.

"No. It's okay. I'm going to go out to the car to get Mr. Freddles. I'll be back in a few minutes." She swiftly walked past me and I heard the front door click shut. I stomped down the hallway and down the stairs. After five minutes, Devina still hadn't come inside so I went to go check on her.

"No! Put him down! Please!" She screamed, which made me sprint towards the sound of her voice. Ashley was standing in front of Devina with Mr. Freddles' fishbowl in her hands. Her eyes were black with rage as she looked at Devina.

"You took something of mine away from me so I'm going to do the same to you." And with that, she dropped the fishbowl on the cement driveway on stomped on the poor little fish. I'm not one that really cares about animals but that was pretty morbid. Devina screamed and whimpered, she was in pain. I ran over to Ashley and grabbed her arm.

"What the hell, are you crazy!?" I yelled and brought her away from Devina and what once was Mr. Freddles.

"She stole you from me!" She tried to argue but I just dryly laughed.

"I was never yours to have Ashley." She opened her mouth like a fish out of water. Shit, too soon? "Now get out of my sight before I do something I won't regret." She ran away crying and I turned back to Devina. "Are you okay?" I softly asked and put my hand on her shoulder to comfort her. She flinched and leaned away from my touch.

"Don't touch me." She sternly said and I took a step back, surprised. "You let this happen. You were standing there the whole time you could have stopped it." She slowly stood up and looked down at Mr. F with tears streaming down her face. "You only care about yourself Zane. Nothing else matters to you." She refused to look me in the eyes which made me feel even more terrible. "And that's why we won't work out. We are too different." She started to walk past me but I caught her arm. "Now I'm glad you didn't kiss me." I retracted my arm quickly like she just poisoned me. Now? Was she upset about it before?

"So you did want me to kiss you?" She narrowed her rage filled eyes and scoffed.

"That's the only thing you understand out of everything I just said?" I can't believe you!" I couldn't believe myself either. She walked away and this time I let her. She was right I am selfish. But she was also wrong, the only thing I care about her isn't myself, it's her.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

19.4K 292 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
13.2K 196 50
"Laila, calm down", Zane said stepping forward. I turned to him, tears building up as I stared at him. "Calm down? CALM DOWN?! Do you know how much h...
178K 5.7K 41
I was screaming even louder thinking I was going to die. But then I landed in somebody's arms. I reacted quickly and punched the guy in the face. He...
447K 14.6K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...