Radiant Academy {KH/FF/FT & o...

By Firefly94

Welcome to Radiant Academy your new home filled with new people, new classes and new rules, but wait a second... More

Prologue ~Nightmares
Chapter one ~ I'm not going nowhere
Chapter two~ You're who's roommate now?
Chapter three~ meet the beasts
Chapter four~ A big introduction!
Chapter five~ A Great hand!
Chapter seven~ Don't be so Dramatic!
Chapter eight ~ Aren't you sweet!
Chapter nine ~ Quite the Experiment!
Chapter 10 ~ A Match To Remember!
Chapter 11~ The ultimate Weapon!
Chapter 12 ~ Tradition!
Chapter 13 ~ Nothing like a moonlit stroll
Chapter 14 ~ Poison!
Chapter 15 ~ Seriously I'm Fine!
Chapter 16~ I don't need a baby sitter!
Chapter 17 ~ This is war!
Chapter 18 ~ Hit 'em in the Scruff!
Chapter 19 ~ I'll be your friend!
Chapter 20 ~ back to normal?!
Chapter twenty-one ~ Stop Digging!
Chapter twenty-two~ Remember Me!
Chapter 23~ Prey or Predator!
Chapter 24~ From Elephants to Air Ships!
Chapter 25~ the vanishing tea party!
Chapter 26 ~ Cryptic Cats and Run away Rabbits!
Chapter 27~ One long journey later!
Chapter 28~ You only need me!
Chapter 29 ~ No Trust!
Chapter 30 ~ A little investigation!
Chapter 31 ~ the Secret Meeting!
Chapter 32 ~ What did you call me?!
Chapter 33 ~ I See You!
Chapter 34 ~ Eenie Meenie Miney Mo!
Chapter 35 ~ Fully Equipped!
Chapter 36 ~ A City Sleeps!
Chapter 37 ~ Time to Investigate!
Chapter 38~The Towering Tower!
Chapter 39 ~ And Who Are You?
Chapter 40 ~ Reunion
Chapter 41 ~ Until Next Time!
Chapter 42 ~ I'll ask the questions!

Chapter six ~ You're one of us now!

2.5K 75 42
By Firefly94

Chapter 6

You followed the guys all the way to the Dining hall which was a large room filled with rows and rows of tables and to the left was a series of odd looking vending machines. Zack led you over to the giant purple and blue machines and began staring down a massive sign on the front. After some deliberation he finally pressed some buttons on a numbered keypad next to the sign and a little card popped out from a slot in the side of the machine.

“What is that?” you asked staring at the foreign machine.

“Dinner,” Zack waved the card in front of your face.

“What?” You raised your eyebrows not understanding what this thing really was.

“This is why I love new people,” he chuckled smugly showing off his superior knowledge.

“Just tell me what it is.” You sighed at his show.

“Okay fine,” he chuckled as he grubbed your arm and pulled you straight in front of the machine. “This is how you select the food you want,” He gestured to the machine. “First you read through the list and pick what you want, then you look at the corresponding number and type it into the keypad, so what do you want?” he asked as you studied the list.

“Hmm I want … Hawaiian pizza and water,” you told him finally finding something you liked.

“Okay so you just type in the numbers 165 and 000 and then press enter,” Zack talked through his actions. “Ta-da,” he cheered as a card popped out.

“Now what?” you asked taking the card from the machine.

“Right this way,” he said grabbing your arm and tugging you through the sea of students and over to a table. The table was already pretty much full but there was room for four more people to add to the six already there. You knew Axel and Reno but the others you didn’t recognise. Zack led you over to two spare seats and you sat down between him and a boy with spiky blonde hair and striking dark blue eyes. Next to him was Axel followed by Reno who appeared to be in some sort of argument with a tall girl with long sleek black hair that sat across from him. Next to her was a quiet looking guy with blonde hair and mysterious light blue eyes. He gave Zack a nod of greeting when he sat before looking to you and doing the same. You smiled back in acknowledgement before the energetic looking girl with short black hair and a bright smile next to him noticed your arrival and quickly slid over to the seat across from you.

“You’re the new girl, ------- right,” she beamed at you from across the table.

“Yeah that’s me,” you smiled politely back.

“Awesome! I’m the great ninja Yuffie,” she cheered jumping from her chair and striking a ninja pose almost knocking over the guy you remember was called Gippal behind her.

“I think ninjas are supposed to have a little more grace,” Gippal rubbed his arm where Yuffie had bumped into him.

“Ha ha, you’re just jealous your reflexes aren’t as good as mine,” Yuffie boasted puffing out her chest. Gippal just shook his head at her and then sat down. You looked along the table and noticed that no one had any food. You looked at the card in your hand turning it over. It was a little yellow and orange plastic card with a few numbers printed on it. It definitely didn’t look edible and you had no idea how it was going to lead to your dinner. All of a sudden a white puff of smoke appeared in front of Gippal making you jump slightly in surprise but no else seemed to care. After a few moments the smoke subsided and revealed a white plate holding a giant hamburger with chips and a big glass of chocolate milksake.

“Who did you do that?” you asked Gippal wide eyed.

“Do what?” he said as he shoved two chips into his mouth.

“That!” you pointed to his plate as Yuffie stole some chips.

“Oh yeah we didn’t get that far,” Zack said holding out his plastic card. He leaned back from the table to reveal a small slot on the edge of the table. “Simply put the card in here and-,” another puff of smoke appeared revealing Zack’s dinner of salad and steak. “Ta-da, give it a try,” he smiled pointing to the slot in front of you. You slid the card into the slot and were quickly greeted by your pizza and water.

“Now that’s definitely cool,” you stared at your plate never in amazement as you had never seen magic like this before.

“Yeah it looks cool but they only put in this system as it makes the washing up a lot easier to handle,” The blonde on the other side of you said, “Speaking of which, when you’re finished just pull out the card and the plate will disappear.”

“Thanks,” you smiled at him.

“I’m Roxas by the way, it’s nice to meet you” he smiled as his meal poofed up in front of him.

“So what school did you come from?” Roxas asked.

“I’ve never actually gone to a school before,” you replied before taking a bite of your pizza.

“Seriously? You’re 17 and you’ve never been to school,” Gippal raised a disbelieving eyebrow.

“Actually I’m 16,” you corrected. Zack who had just taken a swig of his coke almost choked on it.

“What?” He coughed.

“But aren’t you in our year?” Roxas asked.

“Yep,” you nodded supressing your laughter. You thought it was hilarious how people kept reacting to your special circumstances.

“But we’re ‘S’ class, it’s dangerous what is Makarov thinking,” Gippal blurted out.

“Don’t worry if you’re ‘S’ class you might actually be able to keep up with me,” You gave a devilish grin.

“Someone’s getting cocky,” Zack eyed you clearly underestimating your abilities. Oh you were gonna have some fun with them later.

“That’s awesome, you must be super strong,” Yuffie beamed obviously impressed though she did come across to you as an easily impressed person. “Guy’s guess what -------‘s only 16 and she’s already at our level and she’s never even gone to a school before,” Yuffie yelled across the rest of the table to which a bunch of shocked and questioning gazes turned in your direction.

“Were you home schooled?” The black haired girl at the end of the table asked.

“Kinda,” You replied casually taking a bite of your pizza.

“What do you mean ‘kinda’?” Gippal asked.

“I read a lot,” you replied simply enjoying the shocked looks on all of their faces.

“So yeah I’m ------- and you are?” You asked the two people at the end of the table no one had introduced you to yet.

“My names Cloud, it’s nice to meet you,” he eyed you wearily.

“And I’m Tifa,” The girl at the end offered a smile. “Now I’m curious to see how you do in class,” Tifa said breaking everyone else’s awkward stares.

“Yeah you’re gonna love our class we’re awesome and heaps of fun,” Yuffie bounced happily in her seat.

“Yeah I can’t wait,” you smiled back.

You spent the rest of dinner talking about some of the teacher and classes. You also found out that your class was supposed to be considered one of the strongest and most reckless, even more so than any of the 18 year old classes. Now you knew why Makarov had stuck you in this class. You know he told you he just wanted you to keep the students under control and stop them from being too dangerous but you also knew he wouldn’t really bring you here for such a trivial matter. The next time you saw him you were going to ask him his real reason. You and Axel had decided to go back to the room earlier than the others. Axel went inside your room but you had something you wanted to take care of first. You walked to room 5 across the hall and Knocked.

“Coming,” you heard Vincent call from behind the door. After a few moments Vincent opened the door and looked down at you questioningly. “-------, is there a problem,” He asked looking slightly concerned. It was very obvious he didn’t approve of your rooming arrangements.

“Sort of, it’s just that the lock on our bathroom door is broken and I was wondering if you could fix it?” you asked politely.

“No problem I’ll get the parts I need tomorrow,” he said thinking about what he’d need to fix it.

“Thanks,” you smiled.

“If you need to shower in the meantime you’re welcome to use mine, it has a lock,” he offered. Vincent appeared to be the tall dark and mysterious type however he was also very kind. You thought about your wild roommates and decided it was probably best to take him up on his offer just to be on the safe side.

“Can I? it wouldn’t be any trouble,” you asked.

“No problem, just bring over your stuff when you’re ready.”

“I’ll go get it now,” you smiled walking over to your room. You walked in only to be met with an empty room. You walked over to the bathroom to go get your towel and was just about to open the door when you heard the shower start. Damn it Axel!

“Hurry up in there Axel I need my towel,” you yelled knocking on the door.

“Just go get it,” Axel called back.

“What? No!” you yelled back blushing at the thought.

“Aw is someone getting shy,” he teased and with that Genesis came walking into the room.

“Thank goodness you’re here,” you smiled at his entrance, “Can you please get my towel from the bathroom. He looked over at you in front of the bathroom door and obviously picked up on the situation.

“No problem,” he said walking over to the door, “I’m coming in,” Genesis called giving a little knock before walking through the door.

“You’re no fun,” you heard Axel sigh.

“And you’re an idiot, we’re even,” Genesis replied before walking out with your towel in hand.

“Thanks,” you beamed as he handed you the towel. You gathered up the remainder of your things and then hurried over to Vincent’s room.

“Where are you going?” Genesis asked as you reached the door.

“Vincent’s,” you replied closing the door behind you.

Vincent had left the door open for you so you walked straight into his room. He was sitting on his window sill reading a tatty looking book.

“Bathrooms just through there,” he pointed to a black painted door and you nodded in thanks. You went in and were very happy with the fact you could lock the door behind you. You were very grateful that Vincent had allowed you to use his bathroom but didn’t want to over stay your welcome so you went about your business quickly washing your hair before getting into your oversized pyjamas. Vincent was still where you left him and you noticed he did a double take of you when you excited the bathroom. You exchanged ‘thanks’ and ‘no worries’ before heading back to your room.

“Where have you been?” Zack threw himself at you as soon as you walked through the door. “We’ve been worried sick,” he released you from his hug to look you up and down.

“I was just having a shower,” you told them wriggling out of Zacks arms.

“The bathrooms here,” Axel said pointing to the bathroom door, “where were you?” he looked at you with a serious expression.

“I went to Vincent’s,” You huffed walking over to your bed and putting your stuff down.

“As I feared,” Genesis sighed shaking his head.

“Not you too?” you sighed at Genesis not enjoying the whole worried parent routine these guys had going.

“------ you shouldn’t trust everyone you meet,” Tidus warned walking over to your side.

“I don’t, that’s why I decided to shower in a room with a lock,” You told them moodily.

“So you don’t trust us?” Tidus gave a slight look of hurt accompanied by the others. You let out an exasperated sigh.

“As you said I’ve just met you. You guys seem great but I’ve barely known you two days,” You pointed out. Silence filled the room as they stood there contemplating the facts. Axel cleared his throat and walked over sitting on the bed across from you.

“Look -------, we’re roommates. A community, a team. We eat together, sleep together, live  together. We will always have your back and we expect you’ll have ours. We will be spending a lot of time together and being able to get along relies on a certain level of trust. I get that this living situation is kind of hard on you but it also affects our daily life not just yours so before you go doubting our reliability remember that you are now one of us and we look out for our own. Got it memorized?” Axel finished his speech by tapping two fingers to his forehead.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to offend your integrity and … Thanks,” you rubbed the back of your head slightly annoyed at how they had made you feel bad when you didn’t really do anything wrong. “But I am getting Vincent to fix that lock!” you huffed pointing to the door.

“That is perfectly understandable,” Genesis smiled as everyone’s moods began to pick up.

“Okay well now that’s over we got something for you,” Tidus pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to you. “This is the class schedule.” You looked at the piece of paper and your jaw hit the floor in shock.

“We have 25 classes a week!” You exclaimed in disbelief scanning over the 25 different classes you were taking.

“Yeah, it’s not as bad as it looks on paper,” Tidus laughed at your reaction.

“So you guys want to hit the hay early for an early start tomorrow?” Zack asked. You all agreed that an early night would be best and were all in bed by 10 o’clock. You were so nervous and excited about your first day at school that you were having a really hard time trying to fall asleep. You tossed and turned for god knows how long before finally you drifted off to sleep.

A/N: Hey guys I’m finally getting up to your first school day. So excited! :D for those of you curious this is your class list: Monday- Drama, Cooking, General Science, Magical Theory and Weaponry. Tuesday- Weapon combat, Art, Sport, Robotic science and magical Combat. Wednesday- Martial arts, math, Demonology, tactics and computing. Thursday- Music, English lit, Mechanics, Summoning arts and Healing Arts. Friday- Language, History, English, Carving and Alchemy. Whoa that’s a long list. It took me ages to think up twenty-five classes and even longer to match a teacher to each so I hope you like. If you want to know what other anime characters are appearing the list of animes are Black butler, D-grey man, Soul eater, Naruto, Full metal Alchemist, Ouran High, Daisy and the legend of the legendary heroes! You’ll learn the specific characters by reading on okay! If you want me to add any more anime’s, games or specific characters just let me know and I’ll see where I can stick ‘em. See ya in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...
260K 6.1K 37
Lucy Heartfillia, a proud wizard of the Fairytail Guild, overhears her best friend and crush, Natsu Dragneel saying, "Lucy? I don't like her, she's p...
3.3K 56 9
Natsu decides that he is going to focus on nothing but studying for his senior year. He's had his fun and now its time to buckle down for his last ye...
1.7K 6 40
So I tried to write a million stories, but this has been in the works for a while. This story is 18+. Most of the fairy tale characters will be in th...