Radiant Academy {KH/FF/FT & o...

By Firefly94

Welcome to Radiant Academy your new home filled with new people, new classes and new rules, but wait a second... More

Prologue ~Nightmares
Chapter one ~ I'm not going nowhere
Chapter two~ You're who's roommate now?
Chapter three~ meet the beasts
Chapter four~ A big introduction!
Chapter six ~ You're one of us now!
Chapter seven~ Don't be so Dramatic!
Chapter eight ~ Aren't you sweet!
Chapter nine ~ Quite the Experiment!
Chapter 10 ~ A Match To Remember!
Chapter 11~ The ultimate Weapon!
Chapter 12 ~ Tradition!
Chapter 13 ~ Nothing like a moonlit stroll
Chapter 14 ~ Poison!
Chapter 15 ~ Seriously I'm Fine!
Chapter 16~ I don't need a baby sitter!
Chapter 17 ~ This is war!
Chapter 18 ~ Hit 'em in the Scruff!
Chapter 19 ~ I'll be your friend!
Chapter 20 ~ back to normal?!
Chapter twenty-one ~ Stop Digging!
Chapter twenty-two~ Remember Me!
Chapter 23~ Prey or Predator!
Chapter 24~ From Elephants to Air Ships!
Chapter 25~ the vanishing tea party!
Chapter 26 ~ Cryptic Cats and Run away Rabbits!
Chapter 27~ One long journey later!
Chapter 28~ You only need me!
Chapter 29 ~ No Trust!
Chapter 30 ~ A little investigation!
Chapter 31 ~ the Secret Meeting!
Chapter 32 ~ What did you call me?!
Chapter 33 ~ I See You!
Chapter 34 ~ Eenie Meenie Miney Mo!
Chapter 35 ~ Fully Equipped!
Chapter 36 ~ A City Sleeps!
Chapter 37 ~ Time to Investigate!
Chapter 38~The Towering Tower!
Chapter 39 ~ And Who Are You?
Chapter 40 ~ Reunion
Chapter 41 ~ Until Next Time!
Chapter 42 ~ I'll ask the questions!

Chapter five~ A Great hand!

2.4K 82 47
By Firefly94

Chapter 5

You walked into the room still holding your breath to be greeted by a loud bang and streamers going off in your face.

“What’s this,” You deadpanned at Makarov as he danced on the spot after setting the streamers off.

“Surprise,” He sang, “I decided to throw a welcome party in your honour.” There was a large table in the middle of the room where all the teachers seemed to be gathered around.

“You just wanted to celebrate didn’t you,” you shook your head and sighed.

“There’s never a bad time for a celebration,” Makarov cheered. “And you helping us here is one of the best reasons to celebrate.”

“About that, you never actually asked whether I would actually stay here or not,” You pointed out.

“What?” Makarov’s eye’s widened.

“I see you just assumed I would stay,” You said in a teasing tone. “Even after the trick you pulled with the dorms,” you raised an eyebrow as you saw Makarov’s mind reeling a mile a minute trying to think of why you should stay.

“Wait you’re telling me we threw a party and she’s not even going to stay?” A man with a deep voice said as he kicked back in his chair placing both feet on the table. He had a long dark blue pony tail and was wearing a long black coat.

“Yeah she hasn’t even said hello yet,” a short, cute looking guy with blonde hair pouted.

“Yeah ------, you haven’t even greeted me yet,” you looked over to see Ryner. He was one of you old war buddies and you hadn’t seen him in about a year since you last went on a quest together. He had the same old messy brown hair and he wore his signature blue cloak which you swear he never took off.

“What on earth are you doing here?” you looked at Ryner stunned.

“Teaching of course,” he replied simply.

“Really? Cause I find it hard to believe you could teach anyone,” You gave him a smirk.

“Yeah well believe it. You’re looking at Radiant Academy’s Magical Combat instructor. Now don’t be late to class” He mocked you.

“I suppose you could handle Magical Combat. You did learn from the best,” You said proudly.

“Hey all my magical combat was self-taught, you just gave me little helpful advice that’s all.” He gave you his ‘you’re starting to bug me’ glare and you couldn’t help but laugh.

“It’s good seeing you again any way,” You chuckled.

“Yeah, yeah don’t go getting mushy on me,” He waved you off taking a sip of his tea.

“S class quests,” Makarov exclaimed suddenly gaining the whole rooms attention.

“What about them?” a guy with white hair and red mark over his left eye asked.

“That’s why ------ is going to stay because this is the only place she can take on ‘S’ class quests.” Makarov exclaimed.

“But she’s a student she can’t take on quests, students can only tag along on quests if asked by a faculty member.” An overly brawny man with a small tufted of blonde hair stated.

“ -------- is not your average student I bought her here for a purpose. While she is at this Academy she will have full access to ‘S’ class quests, she will have scheduled patrol duty around the school and she will be required to defend the school if it is ever in crisis,” Makarov told the teachers.

“But at 17 she’s not capable of safely doing those, it’s dangerous,” The blue haired pony tail guy from earlier stated to which Ryner almost spat his tea out laughing.

“Actually I’m 16,” you said putting on your adorable innocent face. Chatter arose amongst the teachers which was mostly about them doubting your ability to keep up with the school work let alone the teachers other tasks. “Hello,” You yelled gaining everyone’s attention. “Age has nothing to do with ability level or experience and I myself have quite a bit of both thank you very much. I am not here to take your silly little lessons as I doubt you will be teaching anything I don’t already know. Now I am here on a personal favour for Makarov and I don’t need you to trust me but if any of you doubt my abilities or try to get in my way I can easily remove you from my path. You’re probably thinking I am simply a cocky child but I have earned the right to be here just as much as all of you and I have done a hell of a lot in my 16 years and before you go asking about that, mind your own damn business!” You lectured. The room sat in stunned silence for a few minutes before you could hear someone clapping from the doorway.

“I would expect no less from you,” You turned around to see Sebastian Michaelis leaning in the door frame. Now you certainly knew who he was. You had spent a good part of the war fighting together in the front lines, actually you two were pretty much the whole army. On the battle field you were known as the ‘Demonic duo’ although the Demon part was only true for one of you.

“Sebastian, haven’t seen you in a long time and I did not expect to see you here,” you told him.

“Likewise old friend,” he sent his devilish grin in your direction. The room stood in silence yet again before Makarov managed to regain everyone’s attention.

“So as I was saying, ------- is at this school under special circumstances and will be quite useful in many of the classes. She would be quite useful if you ever need a demonstration as she probably knows everything your teaching. Don’t think of her as a student but more of a helpful assistant and don’t forget to play nice,” Makarov finished with a smile “Let the celebration begin!”

You spent the next hour sitting next to Ryner catching up on old times. Not many people approached the two of you but you were pretty sure that was just because of your choice of company. Let’s just say with Ryner’s type of magic people weren’t exactly lining up to be his friend, even within the magic community. There were two people that came over to say hi though. One was the blue haired pony tail guy who was called Yu Kanda and the white haired guy called Allen Walker. Apparently Kanda teachers Weapon Combat skills and Allen helps out as his assistant and after your big outburst Kanda is very excited to see what skills you have to offer. Great!

After eating some cake you decided to make an early exit from your welcome party and go for a walk around the school grounds. This school was like a maze as it was made up of a bunch of endless hallways that looked pretty much the same. After wondering aimlessly for a good twenty minutes you found yourself on the first floor and spotted a girl with short blue hair crouched down by a window peering out at something. What on earth was she looking at? Curiosity got the better of you and you quietly walked over to her.

“What are you doing?” you asked pryingly. The girl was surprised by your appearance and jumped up blocking the window and flailing her arms.

“No his mine I won’t let you take away my love!” The girl cried.

“I’m not trying to take away anyone,” you threw your hands up defensively.

“I am the future Mrs Grey Fullbuster and I will not let anyone take that away from me drip drip drop.” The girl wailed a blue magic circle forming in one hand.

“I don’t even know who Grey Fullbuster is!” You exclaimed not wanting a fight to start.

“You what?” The magic circle in her hand began to fade.

“I’m ------ the new student in ‘S’ class 17 year group,” you pointed out.

“Oh I’m so sorry for accusing you of taking my love,” She apologised. “I’m Juvia Lockser ‘the rain women’. I will be one of your classmates.”

“Cool, It’s nice to meet you I hope we become fast friends,” You smiled at her.

“Friends? You want to be my friend? That’s wonderful,” she exclaimed stepping forward and clasping both your hands in hers. “You are very kind -------.” Juvia smiled.

“Thanks,” you smiled awkwardly. “I … um am just looking around the school at the moment so I should probably get back to that.” You smiled politely.

“I would be happy to accompany you.” Juvia beamed. “Oh but then I would have to leave the side of my dear Grey,” She frowned slightly.

“Oh that’s fine I can find my way,” You told her reassuringly.

“Really are you sure?” she asked.

“Yeah I’m fine and good luck with Grey,” you smiled with a wave before walking off down the hall.

“Thank you ----- you are too kind,” Juvia called after you. She seems a little eccentric but nice as well you’re sure you could have some fun being friends with her.

After another hour of wandering aimlessly you managed to find your way back to your dorm. It was mid-afternoon by now and you didn’t know if any of your roommates would be home or not. You tried the door handle and funnily enough it was unlocked. You had company. You opened the door and walked through too a scene of Axel, Zack and Gippal with a brown haired guy who has a scar over one eye, sitting on the floor in the middle of the room playing what appeared to be poker with Genesis reading by the window in the background.

“What’s going on here?” You asked raising an inquiring eyebrow.

“Oh hey ------, want to join? I’m just about to deal the next hand,” Zack said waving the pack of cards in his hand.

“You playing poker?” you asked with a sly smile.

“Yep so you in?” Axel eyed you.

“What are we playing for? Money?” You asked sitting down between Axel and Gippal.

“Chocolate,” Gippal shook a box of chocolate in front of you.

“I don’t have any to bet with,” you sighed making your signature sad face which always lead to someone giving you what you needed.

“That’s fine Leon’s winning he’ll give you some right?” Zack nudged the brown haired guy.

“Wouldn’t it be more fair if we all gave her the same amount,” The brown haired guy you were pretty sure was called Leon said.

“Way to be stingy,” Axel eyed the massive pile of chocolate in front of Leon.

“Fine take these,” Leon sighed giving you a third of his pile.

“Thanks,” You smiled as Zack began to deal.

“Oh yeah ------, we haven’t introduced you this is Squall,” Gippal pointed to the person you thought was Leon.

“Nice to meet you Squall, I’m -------,” you greeted.

“Nice to meet you but I go by Leon,” Squall/Leon corrected.

“Why do you go by Leon if your names Squall?” You asked not seeing the connection.

“My last names Leonheart and I prefer Leon,” he explained.

“Okay, makes sense. So you good at poker?” you asked noticing how little chocolate everyone else had.

“Reasonable,” Leon said but you were pretty sure he was being modest. “What about you?”

“Oh I play occasionally I’m okay,” you smiled modestly.

“Okay well let’s get started,” Zack cheered as everyone picked up there cards.

The five of you played for an hour until there was only one winner, you. When Leon said he was reasonable he wasn’t being modest in fact he wasn’t very good at all it’s just all the other guys were ten times worse and in the end you had one every single piece of chocolate apart from one piece Axel ate.

“Who are you?” Zack stared in awe at your massive pile of chocolate.

“How did you get that good?” Gippal’s jaw was on the floor.

“I think the real question here is how can you guys possibly be that bad?” you laughed as you poured your stash into your top bedside draw.

“Whatever just remind me never to play you when the stakes are high,” Gippal rubbed the back of his head.

“If you guys are finished losing your pride we should probably head down to dinner,” Genesis interrupted in the background finally putting his book down.

“I’m up for dinner,” you said checking the time and finding out it was almost 7:30.

“Okay let’s go,” Axel shot Genesis an angry look about the pride comment before leading the way out the door.

A/N: Oh my god this is taking a lot longer to write than I thought! I really want to start writing the classes but I need to give it the right pacing so I’m pretty sure that classes will start in chapter 7. Hopefully! See ya later and happy reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 4.5K 34
Natsu is your typical hormonal teenage boy in high school. He's the schools bad boy and heartthrob but he's also a heartbreaker and a sex addict. But...
151K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...
18K 494 28
Welcome to Fairy Tail high, where the students are insane but the teachers are psychopaths. Here, you will learn how to use your magic right, and bec...
50.9K 1.6K 23
Hello! This is my first Fairy Tail story. If I'd have to be honest, I'm very excited for this new story. I hope you'll like it. Here's a mini summary...