♤ ı [3] An Everlasting Love

By taytaylorabc

[BOOK THREE] 'I am bent but not broken, I am tired but not lifeless, I am depressed but not gi... More

ı 0 ı Summary & Playlist
ı 01 ı Clear
ı 02 ı Never Again
ı 03 ı Long Time, No See
ı 04 ı Empty Words
ı 05 ı Stranger of a Friend
ı 06 ı Make Belief
ı 07 ı Routine of Conflict
ı 08 ı Thread
ı 09 ı Lifesaver
ı 10 ı Plan B
ı 11 ı Surprise
ı 12 ı Training Day
ı 13 ı Don't Go Back
ı 14 ı Normal
ı 15 ı Back
ı 16 ı This Town
ı 17 ı Natural Disaster
ı 18 ı Hope Hurts
ı 19 ı Lost & Found
PART TWO
ı 01 ı Ashes
ı 02 ı Restart
ı 03 ı Wake me up
ı 04 ı Take me to the Grave
ı 05 ı Fill me In
ı 06 ı Our Blackened Hearts
ı 07 ı Vampires Without Borders
ı 08 ı Beautiful Disaster
ı 09 ı House of the Rising Sun
ı 10 ı The Giving Tree
ı 11 ı Mi Casa es su Casa
ı 12 ı Souvenir
ı 13 ı Power of Recollection
ı 14 ı On My Mind
ı 15 ı The Reason
ı 16 ı You
ı 17 ı I See Dead People
ı 18 ı Cry me a River
ı 20 ı Friendsgiving
ı 21 ı Silent Killer
ı 22 ı His Name was Kai
ı 23 ı Deal with the Devil
ı 24 ı The Waiting List to Hell
ı 25 ı It's Called Karma
ı 26 ı Twisted Cinderella
ı 27 ı Siphon My Ass
ı 28 ı The Merge
ı 29 ı Unwelcoming Truth
ı 30 ı Short Goodbye
ı 31 ı The Funeral
ı 32 ı Bitch Switch Sisters
ı 33 ı Ultimatum
ı 34 ı Casual Chaos
ı 35 ı House Party
ı 36 ı Humanity is for the Weak
ı 37 ı Let it All Go
ı 38 ı Complications
ı 39 ı Break, Don't Smash
ı 40 ı April Fools
ı 41 ı Fresh
ı 42 ı Mysterious Distance
ı 43 ı Say You Won't Let Go
ı 44 ı Beautiful Day
ı 45 ı Party Pooper
ı 46 ı Lose Ends
ı 47 ı Fairy Tale
ı 48 ı Closure
• Epilogue •
• AUTHOR'S NOTE •
PREQUEL

ı 19 ı This is on You

3.2K 99 36
By taytaylorabc

˙ ˙ ˙

"Me and my heart, we'll make it through"

˙ ˙ ˙

HOSPITAL waiting rooms are one of the most depressing environments I've ever been in, even worse than a cemetery. In cemeteries, you know the person is dead and now it's all about grieving. But hospitals are filled with uncertainty. There are only two things that could come out of a doctor's mouth- either 'I'm sorry' or 'I have good news'. Right now, all three of us are waiting for the benefit of the doubt.

It's Stefan, James and I waiting outside Alaric's room, waiting for the mystery woman whose name I learned was Jo, to inform us on his status. Elena's memories are still haunting me in the back of my mind, but that doesn't matter any more. Even if Alaric did die now, he would die human and the compulsion would remain.

I have my head rested on James's shoulder, our hands entwined as Stefan sits on the other side of me, tapping his foot excessively on the tile ground. All of us are covered in dried blood, the caky liquid glueing our clothes to our skin.

I'm just about to finally give into sleep as the sun rises when suddenly Jo exits Alaric's room and walks over to us. This is the defining moment, the moment that makes hospital waiting rooms all that much worse than cemeteries.

"So?" Stefan asks right away, jumping out of his seat. I know deep down he feels partially responsible, which makes me only feel worse.

"He's going to be okay," Jo smiles, her hands stuffed in the pockets of her lab coat.

"Thank you." James smiles up at her, as the two of us stand. Jo only nods and walks away, leaving the door to Alaric's room wide open for visitors.

I gulp at the uncomfortable sight, struggling with myself as my mind keeps going back to Elena's memories. I can't help but blame Alaric for my brother's pain. He should have never erased her memories. He should have known better.

"Well, well." I smile faintly, approaching his bed. "How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Pretty decent for a dead man," he replies in a raspy voice, laughing slightly only to wince later in pain.

"Human, actually," James corrects, smiling politely at Alaric.

"Yeah," Alaric chuckles. "I never thought I'd see the day again. It's a miracle. I never wanted to become a monster." 

"No one does," I mutter bitterly, pursing my lips. I feel James take my hand to calm me down, but it's too late now. Alaric notices my shift in mood so he sits up straighter in his bed, preparing to confront me.

"Blair," he begins, but I hold up a finger to cut him off.

"Alaric, I'm glad you're okay, I really am, but Damon- my brother, has been looking out for me for as long as I can remember. He's sacrificed so many things for me, even when I didn't know it. Yes, he's a pain in the ass and he says things that probably aren't the nicest, but he's still my brother," I say, pointing an accusing finger at him. 

"I owe him happiness, the chance to fall in love even if it is with Katherine's doppleganger. I don't see anything in her, but he clearly does which is all that matters. I asked you to do one simple thing Alaric! One simple thing! To erase the compulsion!" I scold him, my voice now raised.

"Damon deserves happiness, and you took that away from him! You've caused him more pain!" I yell, James's grip tightening on my hand. He doesn't say anything however, nor does Stefan because he knows I'm right. "You knew Elena wasn't going to ask to take the compulsion away, yet you didn't do anything about it! It was your responsibility as Damon's friend to show him compassion, to give him the love of his life back!" I shout, causing people outside our room to peak in. "Now it's too late!" I shake my head, taking a step back.

I let go of James's hand and walk towards the door, wanting to leave the room, but Alaric's voice stops me.

"I erased the compulsion, Blair," he speaks up, forcing my body to freeze in step.

I turn around, my brow raised. "What?" I question him.

"Before we left to chase after them, I compelled Elena to remember everything, just in case something happened," Alaric explains, a guilty expression covering his face. "I knew you were right, and even though Elena didn't want them, I gave them back to her. There was no reason to keep them from her when Damon was back. You were right." He smiles softly, giving me a nod.

I sigh in relief, feeling the tension evaporate out of me. "Thank you." 

We all stare at one another in absolute silence, letting everything sink in. I feel slightly stupid for my little outburst seconds earlier, but it was necessary at the time. Just as I'm about to break the silence, Matt Donovan shows up at the hospital room door with Theo by his side, the two of them holding hands.

"Theo?" I ask incredulously, before turning to James. "You got Matt to babysit him?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Hey, he offered," James defends, walking over and taking Theo's hand.

"How are you?" Matt questions Alaric.

"Fantastic," Alaric groans sarcastically.

"Why are you here?" I turn to Matt, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Enzo and I captured and detained Tripp Cook but we need a few extra hands. I was wondering if any of you wanted to come," he explains, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

I turn to James and give him a playful smirk, but he only shakes his head. "Blair," he warns, motioning to Theo who grips onto his hand.

"Luckily for us, I spent the time researching preschools in our area, and signed Theo up for one," I inform James, surprisng him a bit. "I told you I was serious about returning to Mystic Falls." I send him a wink, causing him to chuckle.

"I'm impressed." He smiles, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Come on Tee," I smile, leaning back from James to take Theo's hand. "Let's get you set up in your new school."

∆ ∆ ∆

To say Theo was excited to go to preschool was an understatement. Theo wasn't just excited, he was ecstatic. Strange for a kid to be excited about school yes, but I was thankful none the less. It just made everything easier for James and I, assuring us everything was going to be okay.

By now we have just parked James's truck on the edge of the forest, seeing as my car got completely wrecked from the incident the other day. It seems it's always my car that gets destroyed during a supernatural fight, but I'm okay with it. Seeing as we are going to interrogate the guy responsible for all of this is enough to satisfy my anger.

"This wasn't the plan, was it? Move to Mystic Falls to hunt vampire hunters?" James speaks up as we walk deeper into the forest to the building where Matt has Tripp Cook detained.

"No," I laugh quietly.

"Because I'm not sure we should be doing this sort of thing anymore- getting involved with all the supernatural drama," James says, speaking his mind. "It wasn't how I thought we were going to restart our lives here," he chuckles softly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Me neither," I sigh.

"I don't want to keep passing Theo off to babysitters or stuff him in preschool just so we can continue our wild adventures and risking our lives. Don't get me wrong, I love danger but darling I'm not sure we can do that anymore," James admits honestly, stopping in his tracks.

I turn to face him, my expressing soft and understanding as I listen to him. "I-I just don't want something bad to happen to us, like it almost did last night. I don't want to leave Theo alone again," he sighs, looking at the ground. I can tell he's pretty upset, and although it's an overload of cuteness that he cares so deeply for Theo, it's also very concerning.

"Hey," I approach him, placing a hand on his cheek. "I don't want to leave Theo alone either, but for now we don't really have anywhere to go. Mystic Falls is a death trap and everything around us is reeking of the supernatural. It's impossible to avoid." I smile widely, my other hand taking his.

"Right now, we have a real threat, someone who could cause harm upon us. If we want to stay around for Theo, we need to sort this out," I say, standing on my tippy toes to place a kiss on his lips. He gives in to it immediately, his tense posture relaxing the moment my lips brush the surface of his. His hands move to my waist and pull me close, the kiss deepening as we both crave more. By now all the concern and fear has been stripped away, leaving behind comfort and certainty.

Suddenly, he lifts me up forcing my legs to fold around his waist as he vamp speeds to a near by tree, harshly but gently holding me against the hard surface. His hands hold my upper thighs as my arms drape around his neck, his lips parting from my lips and down to my bare neck. His lips are cold but gentle, sending eradicating tingle radiating throughout my body, as if he's just set off millions of fireworks in my veins.

We both break apart, breathing heavily as a loud scream sounds from the distance, our vampire hearing catching it immediately. I glance back at him and make a pouty face, disappointed that something always has to interrupt our alone time. As a matter of fact, I think this was the first time I've ever really made out against a tree, and to be honest it was kinda hot.

James only smiles before setting me on the ground again, only to swoop me up seconds later into his arms, carrying me bridal style. I let out a squeal followed by a giggle, something I hardly every do. But once again, it's only been James that can make me so soft.

As the scream intensifies, he vamp speeds with me still cradled in his arms until we reach the cabin from the other day that Enzo was supposed to be held captive in. However, this time we know there defiantly is someone in the cabin, hopefully the hunter Tripp Cook.

James sets me down but takes my hand, taking the lead as he opens the door and steps inside the dim room, our eyes immediately falling on a bloodied human, hardly recognizable. "What the bloody hell?" James snaps, turning to Matt and Enzo who stand off to the side.

"Just listen, okay?" Matt tries, but I cut him off.

"We were supposed to interrogate him, not chop him up!" I scowl, glaring at Matt.

"We've hardly chopped him up love," Enzo speaks up, narrowing his eyes deviously at me. He steps closer, holding out his hand. "Hello gorgeous, I don't think I've had the pleasure." He smirks.

I give him a smirk back, one that's dripping in sarcasm as I cock my head to the side. "Maybe there was a reason for that, mate,"  I snicker, putting great emphasis on my attempt on speaking British.

"She's a little bold now ain't she?" Enzo grins, nudging Matt in the arm. "I like it." He eyes me again, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Yeah, well don't go getting use to it. Her boyfriend's standing right there," Matt informs Enzo, his eyes darting to James who stands there with a very irritated look on his face. He as well has his arms crossed, the two of them staring at each other as if they're trying to see who can be more intimidating.

"You didn't think that was important information to mention before?" Enzo mutters under his breath to Matt, who stands there just as amused as I am. James however, seems extremely uncomfortable.

"I thought about it, but then I realized I would much rather enjoy watching Branson here kick your ass," Matt shrugs, smiling. "He's got at least a thousand years on you St.Claire."

"I could take him," Enzo says confidently, smiling at James who only raises a brow. Suddenly I don't like where this is going, so I decide to intervene.

"So what's our plan on Mr. Cook here? I don't thinking beating the holy hell out of him will get us anywhere," I say, walking over to the bloodied hunter when suddenly my phone rings. Caroline's name flashes across the screen, everyone else's voices draining as I pick up.

"Caroline?" I greet.

"Blair, listen to me, okay? You can't let them do anything to Tripp Cook okay?" she panics, her voice booming through the line.

"Whats wrong? Is everything okay?" I ask her frantically.

"Tripp's partners, they have my mom and if we don't give him back by tonight, they're going to kill her."

∆ ∆ ∆

It took a lot of arguing to convince Enzo to let us free Tripp Cook, and for a second I was convinced we were going to have to send James and him outside to sort things out, but thankfully after we told him the plan he seemed to give in. For some reason he seemed comforted by the fact we were trading him at the anti-magic border.

James and I place Tripp Cook in the back seat of his truck while Matt leaves to meet with Tripp's people. Enzo leaves all together, claiming he doesn't want any part of this. I didn't blame him, I mean they did kidnap him and try to kill him.

We pull up to the meeting spot along side the border, only to realize Caroline is already there with Stefan. Matt is standing on the other side of the border, along with two of Tripp's men.

James and I hop out, James being the one to hull Tripp to the border line. "Okay! You have him, now give my mom back!" Caroline pleads, staring at her mom as they pull her from the car. I make eye contact with the Sheriff and send her a small smile in which she returns. We never really had a good relationship, but I can only hope Caroline's told her about me- preferably the good stuff.

"Tripp first," one of his men states.

"But-"

"Sweetie, it's okay. James, hand him over," the Sheriff orders, giving James a nod.

James then releases Tripp from his grasp and gently guides him to the border until he steps over it. Once Tripp is safely over the border, the men give back the Sheriff. Caroline goes to her mother immediately, embracing her in a tight hug, both of them crying of happiness. Their relationship is strong, one I once shared with my own mother. Deep down I'm slightly envious, but Caroline deserves this happiness.

James places a comforting hand on my shoulder and gives it a squeeze, like he was reading my mind. However, before I can say anything, Matt lets out a gasp from the other side. As we turn our gaze do we see Tripp Cook's neck magically split open, blood pooling from the wound as he falls to the ground, lifeless.

"What did you do!" Matt yells angrily, as Tripp's guys bolt from the area.

"Wasn't us," James informs him, sounding rather defensive.

"It was Enzo," I sigh, putting the pieces together. That's why he was relieved about our plan once he knew it involved the border. It allowed his own little plan to fall in place. "He must've turned him into a vampire before we got there," I say. 

"Smart bastard," I say lowly so only James can hear.

He sends me a small smile, both of us relieved the hunter is gone. Although we aren't one for killing, we are one for sticking around, and that hunter was threatening that.

___________________

Yes, Elena has her memory of Damon back in this story because frankly that's how it should've been.

Please vote, share and comment!

[completed & edited: 10/10/2021]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 1.4K 14
[PREQUEL TO AN EVERLASTING SERIES] "I spent 150 years looking for you, and now that you're here, I'll never let you go." Before the tomb, before the...
410K 11.1K 82
❛You will always be my almost love...❜ ❛Mind blown. Honestly, I haven't read a fanfic quite like this and I'm all here for it👏❜ ❛Thi...
224K 6.5K 45
❝i want to have forever with you.❞ *BOOK TWO OF THE SALVATORE SISTER SERIES* **Read "The Salvatore Sister" before this book** THE ORIGINALS - SEASON...
234K 8.7K 24
☽ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 ☾ ...