Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 26」

652 23 4
By lazilazuli

"Minji!" you called her over. "Come over her for a second." She got up from her spot on the floor beside Jimin and walked to where you guys stood. "Minji, Jungkook says that Sumin went up to them all and told them I wanted to see them over a movie to tell them what was happening."

"Didn't she suggest that you stay away from them?"

"Yes!"

"What's that?"Jimin, who now came into the kitchen for a beer, was surprised after overhearing this piece of information. "Sumin told you to keep away from us?"

"Yeah," Jungkook confirmed.

Jimin scoffed as he opened up the fridge "Yah, Taehyung-ah , you've really got a crazy one on your hands."

Taehyung looked back and into the kitchen, to look at Jimin. He wore a confused look on his face as he went to ask Jimin what he meant."What the hell are you on about now?"

Jimin pulled out a beer and shut the fridge back. "I'm talking about your number one fangirl: Choi Sumin." He went to the counter and picked up a bottle opener. "That girl really did set everything up the other day."

"Are you kidding me?" Hoseok, along with the rest who heard, looked back at Jimin.

Minji squinted, "I knew that sneaky bitch was only pretending to look out for Jiyeong. The only person she cares about is herself!"

"That's not all. She even told Jiyeong to stay away from us before that," Jungkook added on.

"I wouldn't even be surprised if she had something to do with that post about Jiyeong," Jin said.

"Speaking of which," Minji started, "when I confronted her, I couldn't get much out of her. I thought she could've had something to do with it all because of Taehyung, but she really wouldn't get gain anything like his attention from doing it."

Everyone became silent for a few seconds until you decided to speak out. "Sumin might not admit that to you, Minji, or even anyone else, but what about Taehyung sunbae himself?"

Everyone turned their heads to said person. "Me?" he pointed to himself on cue.

"What do you mean?" Jin asked.

"If Sumin really had something to do with this whole thing, then what if we somehow get her to spill her guts to Taehyung sunbae?"

Jungkook leaned himself up against the counter with his arms crossed. "And just how do we get her to do that?" he asked.

Minji rolled her eyes, "are you kidding me? If you all would stop talking and keep your mouth closed for at least 2 minutes, maybe we could find out."

The light bulb in Namjoon's finally lit up. "We'll get her to talk through the phone!"

"Exactly," you pointed to Namjoon, who hit the mark on the head.

"Either of you care to explain how a damn phone call is going to--"

"Aish, would you put a sock in it already!?" Minji barked at Jimin, who completely closed clammed up.

"First of all," you started, "we could get sunbae to sweet talk her for a bit, just so that the unexpected call doesn't seem suspicious. While she's in the middle of swooning over him, he'll bring me up and somehow get her to confess to everything if that's what she's been up to."

"Hold on a minute, don't go deciding stuff without even consulting me first." When Taehyung spoke up, everyone got quiet. "What makes you think that I'm okay with being bait to Sumin, huh?" he looked onto you.

"Are you saying that you're not willing to help Jiyeong? Stop being so damn selfish," Hoseok said. "She's our friend now, and we want to know just as much as she does if that crazy girl had something to do with all this."

"We already know that she set up that movie night, but what about the other thing?" Jimin chimed in. "If she has something to with that, wouldn't you want to know and pay her back for making our little hoobae suffer?" Taehyung kept his mouth closed while he contemplated on his decision to go along with this or not.

"No, Taehyung sunbae has a point." Everyone's eyes then reverted back to you, confused. "I shouldn't have gone making plans without his consent. Sunbae" you looked back to him, "you don't have to do this if you don't want to. I know that you don't like Sumin, so if you're that uncomfortable and against this, then we can think of another method," you smiled weakly, yet reassuringly.

Seeing that look on your face and hearing what you had to say, Taehyung didn't have anything to say. All eyes were on him once again, waiting to hear what he had to say next, but the shock had taken his words right out of his throat.

"So," Minji looked him up and down, "are you going to help or not?"

Taehyung looked across the room at all of his friends just before rolling his eyes. "I don't have a choice, now do I?" That said, Taehyung went into his pocket and took out his phone. "Especially not after that guilt speech," he muttered.

"Make sure it's on speaker!" Jimin rang, before running back to the living room, beer in hand.

Following behind, was you, Jungkook and Minji. After he plopped down, you all gathered around him. With a silent, yet anxious crowd on his shoulder, Taehyung swiped down to Sumin's name and tapped on her number. It only took about 2 rings before Sumin picked up the call.

"T-Taehyung oppa?! What's making you call me all of a sudden? How are you? What are you up to right now?" Questions were thrown left and right as soon as Sumin picked up the phone.

"Nothing, I'm just...sitting in my house....alone. You?"

"I was just watching some t.v, that's all. Wow, it's been a while since we last talked over the phone. Is there a reason you decided to call?"

"I--uh..." Taehyung, fishing for something to say, turned to everyone else for help. When his eyes locked with Namjoon's, he saw him gesturing his hand towards his throat and pretending to sing. "I...just wanted to hear your lovely voice..." He trailed off when looking back to his hyung for confirmation of his words. Relief took over when he saw a thumbs up in return.

"Oppa," you could literally imagine Sumin melting at this point in time, "you think my voice is lovely?"

"Yeah, super lovely. It's like an angel."

Minji rolled her eyes after hearing a squeal from the other line. "Oh, what to do...Oppa, what's gotten into you all of a sudden? I mean, I thought that you weren't interested in me."

"Why would you ever think something as crazy as that?"

"It's because you always seem to give your attention towards Jiyeong when I'm around. I thought that you were beginning to like her."

"Jiyeong? No way, that girl is super crazy. I give her a little bit of attention and she thinks that I'm in love with her. But don't worry, she's nowhere near my type."

'I really feel like a black eye needs to be given right about now,' you glared silently upon him.

"I need a girl who's well kept, with a good heart, and doesn't sleep around." Taehyung took a glance in your direction, but then dropped his gaze down to his lap, as if he hadn't just done so.

"Are trying to say that you need someone...like me?"

--"Are you fucking k--" Before Minji could ruin this whole plan, Jimin rushed to hush her up. His small hand covered her mouth, while his index came over his lips to signal her to shush.

Realizing what he was actually doing, Jimin looked down at Minji, whose brows were now beginning to furrow in annoyance. All he could do was put on a sheepish smile while slowly removing his hand away from her mouth.

'I'll kill you,' she mouthed, as she slid her thumb over her neck and signaled him.--

"Yeah...someone like you."

It got silent for a few seconds before Sumin decided to speak. "Oppa, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, go for it."

"Did she really do it? Did Jiyeong actually sleep with all you guys?"

Your eyes nearly bulged right out your head when you heard her question. 'Is she serious?'

"Yeah, it's true."

"If it's true, then how come you and the others were standing up for her the other day?"

"Oh, that? We were..." Taehyung was stumped for a few seconds before he found what else to say next. "We were trying to protect our toy, y'know. Her protection and the rest of her goods go hand in hand if you catch my drift."

"It's still surprising to find out that it was true. She just doesn't seem like the type, especially when I met her."

"It's always the shy girls. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for her being a good toy, then we really could've cared less about her getting exposed."

"Really? Even though your friends snapped at those girls, Suhwa and Sujin. I heard from some friends that you did that."

"Liar," Minji muttered.

'She's a bit smarter than she looks,' Yoongi thought.

Taehyung looked to the rest to see what he should say next. When his eyes landed on Hoseok, he saw his hand gesturing slices near his neck, telling him not to say anything about it. "I don't know anything about that. I was probably in the bathroom when those guys got snapped on. But forget about that, don't you think that everything was pretty funny? I just wish I was the one to teach her a lesson."

"Oppa, how could you say that about my friend--"

Everyone looked among one another, shrugged and came to the conclusion that maybe they were wrong about--

"--is what I would say if I was actually upset."

To complement the expansion of your eyes, your jaw became slack. When you turned to Minji, she had the exact opposite look on her face. Minji knew, deep within her gut, that Sumin was a backstabbing liar.

"Can I be honest with you?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"To tell you the truth, I was the one who got that rumor started," she finally confessed.

Upon hearing this, your jaw was hanging on its hinges, Minji's insides were boiling. The guys all exchanged looks of worry when they saw your state. Taehyung on the other hand, had his veins bulging from the back of his hands when it came in a tightly folded fist. As his hand laid in his lap, his teeth became totally clenched. Anger was most definitely filling up inside of him.

"At first I wanted her to keep away from you, but I'm glad that this has taught her some kind of lesson if anything. It actually makes me feel better knowing that you don't care about it." Sumin could be heard chuckling from the speaker, as if this were a joke; as if her wrongdoings were something to just be laughed off at.

"I have to go."

"Wait, why so suddenly?"

When Taehyung went to hang up the phone, he got a smack on his shoulder from Yoongi, telling him to continue. "I'm getting tired, so I'll see you around. Bye." Not being able to take being on the phone with her any longer, Taehyung ripped the phone away from his ear and ended the call immediately. "That fu--"

"That fucking two-faced dirty bitch!" You screeched, earning a head turn from everyone at the couch. "How could she do something like that to me? And for a guy? Is she nuts?!"

"Wow, Jiyeong has quite the potty mouth when she's upset," Jin said in awe.

"I knew that bitch was up to no good," Minji shook her head with crossed limbs over her chest. "It just needed to be confirmed."

"So, what do we do now that we know she's the ringleader of this whole thing? Do you want to confront her?" Jimin asked.

"No way," you shook your head. "I wanna let this play out for a day or 2 longer."

"Hey, I'm sorry, but I can't pretend to like that scummy bitch anymore. If I even hear her voice, I'll explode."

"That's okay, sunbae," you smiled. "You don't need to do anything more than you already have. You can act like your regular self again when she's around. While she's living in her little ball of happiness, everything will be just the same over here." Taehyung just quietly looked your way.

"I never knew you had the qualities of a mastermind, Jiyeong," Jimin said.

"Right," Hoseok chimed in.

You let out a little chuckle, "I'm nowhere near anything like that."

"Remind me not to get you angry, okay?" Yoongi said.

"Jiyeong, don't let her get to you," Jungkook said, his features showing complete concern. "She's not worth it."

"That's right, karma is going to bite that nasty bitch in the ass real soon," Minji reassured you.

"I'm good guys, really," you waved off their wave of suspicion. "I'm still annoyed and upset with what she's done, but that's all." You then pushed yourself up from the couch and made your way out to the kitchen. "How about I get some more snacks for everyone?"

But as you went off towards the kitchen, Taehyung found his eyes trailing after you as you went. Though you indeed blew up the way you did in the beginning, he could sense that something was a bit off. In his perspective, if anyone he called a friend had betrayed him, he'd be sad; just like he was betting you were.

"Alright well, since the fun seems to be over, I'll be taking my leave now," Minji announced.

"What? Why?" Jimin asked.

"I've got a morning shift that I can't be late for." That said, Minji made her move towards the door.

"How are you getting home?" He continued to question her.

"It's just a few blocks to the bus stop from here," she unhooked her coat from the hook and slipped it on.

"Wait," Jimin jogged over to the front door as well. "I'll walk you to the bus stop."

"No thanks," she slipped her foot into one sneaker. "I'm a big girl who can pretty much take care of herself now." Besides," she slipped her foot in the next, "I don't need a weirdo like you hovering over me like a creep."

"Hey, I'm no creep!" Jimin retaliated, grabbing his jacket off the hook. "Come on, you'll need someone to fend off the weirdos."

"Speak for yourself." Minji crossed her arms, as a smirk drew to her lips. "You're the same height as me."

"How many times do you plan on getting burned like that, huh Chimchim?" Namjoon teased.

"Chimchim?" Minji cocked a brow at the nickname. "You look more like a mochi to me."

"Mochi?" The boys looked among themselves in question to the new nickname bestowed upon Jimin.

"Yeah," Minji reached out and tugged at one of his cheeks, "because of those fluffy cheeks of yours."

To this, Jimin blushed. His heart even started to pick up a bit of speed. "Do you losers hear that?" Jimin sat down to put on his shoes. "I am mochi!"

"Alright, enjoy the rest of the party! I'll see you tomorrow, Jiyeong!" Minji waved to the rest as she reached towards the door. "Oh," her hand stopped on the knob, "and thanks for the invite, Jungkook. It was a shorter stay this time, but it was fun," she gave a brief smile.

"No problem," he walked out to the front door, his hands sheathed in his jean pockets. "It was great having you here, too. It probably wouldn't have been as fun without you if you hadn't come."

"Probably not," she shrugged jokingly.

He stopped before them. "Bye-bye, get home safe," Jungkook then flashed Minji his innocently famous, yet heart-throbbing toothy grin.

Though she was slightly taken aback by the cute and friendly smile, "Yeah, thanks..." Minji managed to give a sheepish smile before opening the door.

"Hey, she has me to protect her."

But hearing Jimin's voice, brought her back. "Yes, to protect me from the safe streets of Seoul." She rolled her eyes as she walked out the door, leaving Jimin behind.

"Hey, things can still happen!" Jimin closed the door behind himself as he tailed Minji out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 112 14
Taehyung smiles and cups her face teasingly " I'm happy to know you're finally worrying about me. Who knows you might fall- " Instead of smiling she...
30K 1.4K 56
Taehyung ignored Jungkook's shirtless posture, the way his muscles were bending to the moves of his hands, the way the sweat was dripping off his mes...
615 32 18
He doesn't believe in love, he only believes in lust. But what if she wants love? Choi Sara is a girl like others who dreams of succeeding in the fu...
771K 35.4K 49
"Just because you're my girlfriend now, it doesn't mean that I'll treat you like a princess." ... A cliché love story between a bad boy and a nerd...