Radiant Academy {KH/FF/FT & o...

By Firefly94

Welcome to Radiant Academy your new home filled with new people, new classes and new rules, but wait a second... More

Prologue ~Nightmares
Chapter one ~ I'm not going nowhere
Chapter three~ meet the beasts
Chapter four~ A big introduction!
Chapter five~ A Great hand!
Chapter six ~ You're one of us now!
Chapter seven~ Don't be so Dramatic!
Chapter eight ~ Aren't you sweet!
Chapter nine ~ Quite the Experiment!
Chapter 10 ~ A Match To Remember!
Chapter 11~ The ultimate Weapon!
Chapter 12 ~ Tradition!
Chapter 13 ~ Nothing like a moonlit stroll
Chapter 14 ~ Poison!
Chapter 15 ~ Seriously I'm Fine!
Chapter 16~ I don't need a baby sitter!
Chapter 17 ~ This is war!
Chapter 18 ~ Hit 'em in the Scruff!
Chapter 19 ~ I'll be your friend!
Chapter 20 ~ back to normal?!
Chapter twenty-one ~ Stop Digging!
Chapter twenty-two~ Remember Me!
Chapter 23~ Prey or Predator!
Chapter 24~ From Elephants to Air Ships!
Chapter 25~ the vanishing tea party!
Chapter 26 ~ Cryptic Cats and Run away Rabbits!
Chapter 27~ One long journey later!
Chapter 28~ You only need me!
Chapter 29 ~ No Trust!
Chapter 30 ~ A little investigation!
Chapter 31 ~ the Secret Meeting!
Chapter 32 ~ What did you call me?!
Chapter 33 ~ I See You!
Chapter 34 ~ Eenie Meenie Miney Mo!
Chapter 35 ~ Fully Equipped!
Chapter 36 ~ A City Sleeps!
Chapter 37 ~ Time to Investigate!
Chapter 38~The Towering Tower!
Chapter 39 ~ And Who Are You?
Chapter 40 ~ Reunion
Chapter 41 ~ Until Next Time!
Chapter 42 ~ I'll ask the questions!

Chapter two~ You're who's roommate now?

2.9K 79 12
By Firefly94

A/N: Hey guys! Yeah the last chapter was a little long winded about your past but I did want to get it all out there… well most of it. In this chapter your gonna start meeting some more character’s so enjoy!

Chapter 2

You had spent the afternoon on a gummie flight which you always enjoyed. It just felt so peaceful out in the middle of space, nothing for miles. Thanks to warp drive we arrived in Radiant Garden at five pm and then there was a thirty minuet train ride out of the city and into Hollow Bastion where the Academy was located. Waiting at the otherwise deserted train station was a short old man with matching white hair and a moustache. He wore an orange and blue stripped jester’s hat and a matching orange and blue coat and pants finished off with a pair of brown curled toed boots. There was no doubt about it. It could only be Makarov Dreyar. He spotted you and came running over at full speed, goofy grin plastered to his face.

“You made it,” He beamed rushing over and giving the two of you a hug. “I was afraid this one wouldn’t show,” He loudly whispered to Auron giving him a playful nudge in the side to which Auron stared back expressionless.

“Who in their right mind would allow you to be a principal,” You only half joked.

“Hey now, I was government assigned. I was living happily running my magic guild when the government decided to relocate me and here I am.” Makarov replied jovially. Yeah you knew Makarov. He was another powerful mage that fought alongside the government during the war. For some funny reason it seemed the government thought they owned all the mages that fought for them all those years ago. Oh how wrong they were. “I am surprised at how innocent the ‘Executioner’ looks these days,” He continued.

“Only in appearance,” You shot him a sly smile.

“That’s what I like to hear,” Makarov returned your smile. “Shall we head to the school then?” he turned and began walking off expecting the two of you to follow.

“What we’re walking?” you asked hurrying after him.

“What your old bones not strong enough to make the trip?” Makarov joked.

“Ha, ha, I’m just worried a couple of old men like you will keel over half way there,” You teased to which the two men shot you an angry look before you burst out laughing. “By the way what exactly will I be doing at this school?” you asked.

“You’ll be attending classes with the top group of seventeen year olds. There a bit of a rowdy bunch so I want you to help motivate them to behave and try harder to reach their full potential,” Makarov informed you.

“So you want me to scare them to death so they stop acting out?” You said.

“I don’t mind how you do it as long as no one is killed in the process.” He corrected.

“Okay, what about these ‘S’ class quests,” You asked.

“Oh yes. You won’t be an average student so you’ll be able to take quests but you will also be required to protect the school if there is ever an attack.” Makarov told you.

“Attacks?” You asked. Heartless and fiends aren’t normally found in populated areas like these, these days.

“Yes well there has been a rise in fiend and heartless sightings around the school lately,” Makarov said more seriously.

“Okay, I’ll see if I can put a dent in their numbers,” You said lightly punching your fist.

“You do need to be careful though, wouldn’t want anyone to find out your past,” Makarov told you.

“What do you mean?” You asked.

“Uh you see it would be a little troublesome if the government found out you were here.” He said scratching the back of his head. “But as long as you lay low all will be fine,” Makarov cheered up. As it seems the government is still somewhat worried by your existence. Oh well, you’re no longer the mage you were back then and if you just continue to hide your dark powers you should be fine.

“Okay I got it, stealth. I can be stealthy,” You said slipping into the shadows of one of the trees looming over head, completely unseen. Yep that’s right Radiant Academy is surrounded on all sides by thick forests.

“Hey, no shadow manipulation ------,” Auron scolded.

“Yeah I know,” You sighed slipping out of the shadows and re-joining the two men.

“On a serious note do not allow anyone that is not already aware to find out about your past,” Makarov put on his serious face.

“Chillax gramps, I’m not about to go digging up my past. It’ll be worse for me than you if I’m discovered.” You said solemnly. You walked in a comfortable silence for a few more minutes before you finally arrived at the school gates.

“Welcome to Radiant Academy,” Makarov beamed as the gates parted on your approach to reveal a giant stone building protruding from the grassy ground. You followed a wide pathway to the front doors of the academy. You stood outside the two storey high wooden doors carved with intricate designs of varying flowers. You spun around admiring the massive grounds. Oh my god this place was huge!

“You coming?” Auron called over to you from a small normal sized door that was part of the bottom of the massive doors.

“Yep,” you called back running over and into the building.

“-----, take this,” Makarov said handing you a school map and dorm key. “I have some business to discuss with Auron so I’ll leave you to find your own room. The schools opening ceremony is tomorrow so all the other students are already in their dorms.”

“Dorm?” You asked. You hadn’t even thought about where you would be staying.

“Yes, the dorms are arranged by strength to avoid bulling the weak.” Makarov explained. “You have been placed into a dorm with some of the strongest students. Your rooms on the seventh floor of the west wing room six. You will find it on the map listed as ‘Fantasy dorm’. Good luck!” Makarov cheered before rushing off with Auron in toe not even giving you the chance to ask questions. They didn’t even give you the opportunity to say whether you actually would stay or not. Sighing to yourself you set off toward your dorm.

You had been walking the halls for about fifteen minutes and were now almost at your dorm. The halls were painted an orangey cream colour and the floor was lined with deep red carpets or oak wood floors. At the end of each hall you noticed varying stain glass windows and delicate crystal lights hung from the ceiling. You were definitely a fan of the décor. You followed the map until you came to a four way intersection. Looking up you saw each hall in front of you had a wooden plaque above it. The one in front of you read ‘fairy’, the one to the left read ‘Kingdom’ and the one on the right read ‘Fantasy’. ‘Fantasy’ that would be your dorm. You turned right and began reading the doors until you came across number six. Okay you had never really had any female friends your own age and this was your chance. You could befriend these girls, you WOULD befriend these girls. You finished talking yourself up and you were now slightly excited by the thought of making your first friends your own age. Taking a deep breath you placed your hand on the knob and went inside.

What. The. Hell. You mentally screamed as you took in the image of the room. Before you were four guys. The closest was a red head with, what looked like, black lines tattooed under his eyes. He sat on the end of his bed bouncing a fireball off the opposite wall. Next were two guys in the middle of the room who appeared to be competing in a squat-a-thon. One was tall with pale skin and raven coloured hair. The other was slightly shorter with a tan complexion and dirty blonde hair. And finally there was another red head stood at the back of the room near a window quoting lines from a book in his hands.

“I’m up to 150,” The blonde yelled to the raven haired guy as he continued squatting.

“Yeah well I’m up to 200,” The raven hair guy boasted back.

“Oh yeah well I forgot to count the first 100 cause they were just to warm up.”

“Same here,” The raven haired guy smiled. As far as you could tell they were both squatting in complete unison.

“…The goddess descends from the sky, wings of light and dark spread afar, she guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting.” The red head in back dramatically quoted staring out the window. What did you just walk into? Maybe you were in the wrong room? But your key did fit. Maybe Makarov gave you the wrong key? You were just about get the hell out of there when the door banged close behind you getting the attention of the rooms inhabitants. All eyes in the room immediately shot to you.

“Guy’s when did we get a new roommate?” The guy closest to you on the bed asked.

“She’s obviously lost, dorms aren’t co-ed,” The blonde added.

“Unfortunately,” Raven hair smirked.

“But the door was locked,” Book guy pointed out.

“How’d you get in?” Raven hair raised a curious eyebrow.

“My key,” you replied dangling the key off a finger.

“Strange?” Book guy said.

“Look I’ve obviously been given the wrong key so sorry for barging in but I’ll be going now,” You quickly went to rush out the door but when you opened it a tall man with long black hair and a tatty red cloak stood there hand poised ready to knock.

“Ah, I have a letter for a miss ------ ------,” he said looking slightly confused.

“Who sent it?” you asked.

“Makarov,” The man replied. Sighing you took the letter from the man and swiftly shut the door in his face. You quickly ripped open the envelope and read the contents while the guys remained silent behind you. It read:

Dear -----,

I see you made it to your new room alright and no it’s not a mistake. Meet your new roommates! We of course placed you in the strongest room with the wildest bunch so I’d appreciate it if you would begin taming the wild beasts as soon as possible. I trust you will be able to defend yourself if need be. Good luck! I would have loved to see the look on your face so if you happened to take a picture please send it to me!

From Makarov

P.S Don’t beat them up too much!

That idiotic midget! You mentally scream in frustration at the realisation of the situation that conniving old man put you in. You scrunched up the letter and turned to face the boys who were all eagerly waiting to see what was going to happen.

“Hi I’m -----, your new roommate,” You attempted to smile through your rage. You were so upset by the old man’s set up that you engulfed your fist in flames turning the letter to no more than dust.

“Cool, another fire mage!” The red head at the front said.

“No, I’m not.” You seethed walking past the curious gazes of your new roommates and to the empty bed at the back of the room by the window.

A/N: What up guys? Like your roommates? I’m still working on the whole character list so if you got any preferences just let me know and thanks for reading guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 338 30
Your name is Y/N L/N, you're the elemental dragon slayer, though you mainly use your sound element because that's your strongest element you have. Yo...
267K 9.5K 30
Lucy Heartfillia is a young and beautiful girl. She is an elite general of the capital army of Magnolia. She has a caring father, friends, and is ve...
1.3K 35 37
natsu x reader...the ship name is nare Your name will be y/n Your nickname will be n/n You are in 10th-grade and you are 16 years old Natsu is als...
5.1K 229 28
Nashi Dragneel has anticipated turning sixteen for as long as she can remember. Her strict father- Natsu- said that was the age she had to be to go o...