Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 24」

591 21 2
By lazilazuli

"Jiyeongie~" Jungkook had spotted you just as you were walking out of your class. He then jogged right up to you, sporting that adorable toothy grin he always got when with you. "Are you finally done with classes?" He dropped his arm around your shoulder, regardless of all the few people who were eyeing you from where they stood.

"Yeah," you smiled when you saw him. "that was my last class of the day. Why? Are you and sunbae heading out somewhere?"

"I want to do something fun with you tonight," he said.

"Something like what?" you immediately thought.

"A sleepover," he grinned "just like we used to do when we were kids."

Your eyes slowly, but surely, widened up to the point where Jungkook could identify a gleam within them. "A sleepover? Really?!" A big ol' grin was beginning to spread against your face. "Let's do it!" You hadn't realized how loud your voice had gotten until you heard the hallway start to quiet down a little. "Oopsie..."

Jungkook just chuckled. He could feel the excitement infecting him as well. "We'll stop by the convenience store to pick up some snacks and drinks first, then go to your house so that you can pick up some pajamas and--"

"We don't have to stop by my house," you said.

"Why not?"

"I can just borrow some clothes from your house," you grinned.

"Oh," Even though the excitement had started to slow down, but there was still much thumping going on in his chest to make up for it.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on!" You hooked your arm around Jungkook's and started tugging him away, down the hallway and out the front door.

"We're gonna need these," Jungkook threw some candy into the basket, "and these," some bags of chips, "and definitely this too," he picked up a bag of cookies to boot.

"Jungkook, are you sure you have enough money for all of this?" you stared into his basket full of junk food with a worrisome look.

"Don't you worry about that," he grinned, as he tousled your hair. "Just focus on getting as many snacks as you want. Speaking of which, you haven't picked anything out yet. Aren't you going to get anything?"

"Well, I'm fine with whatev--"

"Oh," he walked back past you to the beginning of the aisle and stopped in front of some chips. "Aren't these your favorites?" He picked up a bag and showed them off for you to see. "Honey chips."

"You remembered!" When you saw the tasty snack sitting in Jungkook's hands, your eyes grew. you smiled. "Although, I think you have enough snacks for the both of us already, so we don't need to include them."

"No, no," he started to shove back some of the chips, that he had picked out already, onto the shelf again, "if you want these, we'll get them. It's no problem. Whatever makes you happy..." he somewhat lowered his voice on the last part.

You couldn't help but smile at how thoughtful he was of you. "Well, I guess I'll take a bag," you took the bag from his hand. "Or two," you snatched another bag off the shelf." You gave him a brief smile, which he evidently returned to you.

"You have juice at your house, right?" you asked.

"Yeah, but if you--"

"Jeon Jungkook, just what are you up to?" you raised a brow in pure suspicion.

"Hm?" he pursed his lips. "Nothing." Jungkook quickly shook his head in defense. "I just want my best friend to have a good time tonight." His own words took a jab at his heart.

"Is that so...?" You looked him up and down, giving him a good inspecting. "Alright then! Do we have everything that we need?"

"Yeah, we can check out now." And so you did. Jungkook, followed by you, walked up the cashier to get all your items checked out. After that, you took the bagged items and held a bag each in your hands. When you left, you both took a bus ride towards his house and walked for the remaining short distance.

When you both reached his house, the sun was in the midst of setting. After getting inside, you took off your shoes and jacket and immediately went over to the kitchen, where you placed the bags down on the counter. As you were taking out the snacks and candy out of the bags and atop the counter, Jungkook went ahead and made a quick trip to the bathroom to wash his hands.

When he came back to the kitchen, he came back with a suggestion in mind. "Jiyeongie, how about we make some sandwiches, hm?"

"Peanut butter and jelly?" you asked, with a tad of excitement behind your tone.

Jungkook smiled, "peanut butter and jelly. Go wash your hands while I get everything ready."

While you went off to the bathroom to wash your hands, Jungkook went over to fetch a butter knife, 2 plates, the bread bag, peanut butter and the jelly. As he grabbed up the plates and bread, he noticed something was missing. As he went back to the counter, he pondered for a bit on where he had placed it.

"That's right," he shook a finger, "I put it up in the cupboard." Jungkook walked over and opened it. There sitting on the highest shelf, was the jelly. "There you are." Just as he reached up to get it, a brilliant idea struck his thoughts, causing his lips to curl into a devious smirk. Jungkook closed the cupboard and walked right back over to the counter to get himself started.

"Alright, I'm back!" you called, as you made your way back to the kitchen.

"I guess you had a whole bunch of dirt on your hands?" He said, smiling towards you.

"Oh sorry, when I got to the bathroom, I suddenly had to use the toilet." When you looked over his shoulder, you saw that he had gotten started on making the sandwiches, but was missing something important.

"Where's the jelly? It's not peanut butter and jelly without the jelly."

"Oh, I almost forgot. Jiyeongie, can you pass it to me? I think it's in the cupboard above the sink."

"Sure!" You walked away from Jungkook and over to the cupboards. Little did you know, Jungkook was wearing the biggest grin on his face.

As you got to the cupboard, you looked up and finally realized the gap in height between you and it. "How the hell am I going to get up there?" You mumbled to yourself. You then looked back at him to check whether or not he was looking.

Quickly, he snapped his head back to the unfinished sandwiches before him and sealed his lips shut. He was trying to contain his giggles with all he had. He. Could. Not. Laugh. So instead, he tried to make it seem like he was fiddling with his rolled up cuffs.

Seeing as how Jungkook was minding his own business, you turned back to the problem at hand. "Alright, you can do this," you huffed. "Fighting, Jiyeong!" you whispered to yourself. That said, you got up onto the very tip of your toes and stretched your arm up as far as it could go. Fortunately for you, you managed to open it from the corner.

After getting it open, you decided to go back on your feet before making another stretch. Instead, you would search from that position. When your eyes scanned the last shelf for the jelly, you didn't see it. The second shelf didn't have it either. It was when you looked up that you saw the jelly standing directly in the middle of the 3rd shelf. On cue, your mouth dropped open.

"Why is it so high?" you whined.

"Pfft--"

Your head whipped around to take a look at Jungkook after hearing the leak of a stifled laugh. This time, when your eyes laid on him, his eyes were towards the ceiling, seemingly minding his own business.

'I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm being watched...' At the thought, you started feeling embarrassed. For now, you had to put that kind of thinking behind you and focus on the task at hand: getting that jelly. But there was no way you could reach it with your previous tactics.

When you looked behind you, no chairs. When you searched the living room, you saw no chair that you were able to pick up. But even if there were, you couldn't bite back your pride to go and retrieve it. That left you with only one option: Help.

"Jungkook..." you called for him.

"Hm?" He set his head down and looked over to you. "What's wrong?" His lips were still tightly sealed to contain himself. "You're taking a bit long over there," Then he started grinning like crazy, "you having trouble?"

"I--I can't reach the jelly...." you trailed off.

"You can't reach it?" Jungkook then broke out into a giggling fit.

"Yah, it's not funny!"

"Okay, I'll come get it for you." Jungkook walked over to where you stood, then reached up and grabbed it. When he looked down at you, he saw protruding and eyes that were avoiding his own. To this, he ruffled your hair. "Why didn't you just get a chair?" He was trying so hard not to crack up anymore.

"You big bully! You put the jelly up there on purpose!"

Jungkook tried, but surely ended up failing anyway. "Hahaha, I nearly lost it when you saw it!" He was all wobbly, trying to hold himself up as best as he could.

"Jerk!" you slapped his chest.

"Sorry, sorry," he was slowly reduced to chuckles now. "Do you want to spread the jelly on?"

"Of course I do!" You snatched the butter knife from his paws and bumped him over with your hip. "Let the queen of spreading teach you a thing or two, young grasshopper."

Jungkook started giggling, "what are you talking about?"

"Just hush up and watch," you ordered.

"Yes, master." Jungkook bowed respectively and started to watch as you spread the jelly, on the remaining 2 empty slices. Once you finished, you the slices covered in peanut butter went on top.

"Done!" you huffed as you rested your hands on your hips.

"Would you like a cookie for your hard work, your highness?" he teased.

"You had better cut it out before I eat your sandwich," you warned, as you took up the plate and walked over towards the couch.

"Don't you dare!" Jungkook chuckled as he jogged after you. When you arrived at the couch, you plopped yourselves down simultaneously. Here," he took up the remote from his right side and handed it over to you. Why don't you decide what we're going to watch."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

844 104 13
"in dizzying memories that feel like dreams. the rain pours whilst i dance alone. its beautiful, isn't it? when this mist clears i will run toward...
1K 112 14
Taehyung smiles and cups her face teasingly " I'm happy to know you're finally worrying about me. Who knows you might fall- " Instead of smiling she...
138K 5.2K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
13.7K 2.2K 32
♟️: Just like two swords couldn't stay in one sheath, similarly Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung couldn't stay together in one place. Both were famous be...