The Banned Mate -(Book 2 of t...

By Soccerstudette

You don't need to read The new werewolf in town because things that were in it are described in this story bu... More

The Banned Mate -(Sequel to The new werewolf in town)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 5

7.4K 220 13
By Soccerstudette

Haley's p.o.v

Oh my gosh...my brother looks really pissed. I knew he would find out sooner or later but I hoped he wouldn't find out like this. I was planning on telling him before our parents but he found out. I had forgotten that me and him had the same class...I guess I was just so worried about Jake that I had forgotten. I never thought that I would be so attached to someone within a day. Just thinking about Jake makes me smile and I know I won't be able to hide him from my parents for long.

Looking at Jake I knew I needed to intercept before things got out of hand. They both looked mad. Brayden was mad because Jake was all over me and Jake was mad because Brayden stopped him from being all over me. I was a little ticked off at my brother but not that much. Because Jake hadn't answered I saw Brayden look at him in a way that I knew, he was going to attack him. I never thought I would see the day that Brayden would kick a guys' a$$ for me...just I didn't want him to because the guy he wants to beat up is my mate.

"Brayden, calm down," I said and stepped in between them. My brother flicked his eyes to me and narrowed them.

"What? Are f***ing kidding me?! He was all over you!" he yelled at me and I flinched. I heard a growl behind me as I stared at Brayden in disbelief. He has never spoken to me like that. He spoke with such hate that it hurt.

"No, I'm not kidding," I said calmly and backed into Jake who wrapped an arm around my waist.

"What the heck are you doing, Hale?" Brayden asked me. I looked up at Jake, who was partially glaring at my brother, then looked back at my brother.

"He's my mate," I whispered so only the werewolves in the room would hear. I had looked down when I said that because I was afraid for some reason of what my brother would say. The whole class had gone quiet and were probably waiting for a fight. When my brother didn't answer and had gone quiet I looked up. He was looking at me with a regretful expression on his face.

I don't know why I was upset about the way he acted. I guess it was because he just assumed that Jake was taking advantage of me but I know he never would.

"Hales, I'm sorry. I-sh!t I didn't know..." my brother said and I just nodded.

"Um...If we could I would like to start the class now..." our teacher, Mr. Mason said. I just grabbed all my things and headed to the car I was fixing. I saw Brayden and Jake staring at each other. I knew that Jake was pissed off at him for yelling at me and I knew Brayden felt like crap for that but right now I just wanted to be alone. Fixing the car helped me to forget what happened and once the bell rang for the end of class I was in a better mood. As I was walking to my car to go home and rest until school was out and I had volleyball I felt someone walking next to me.

"Hey, Jake," I said and smiled a little. He smiled a little back at me and looked like he was thinking.

"Can I take you some place right now? Until school ends?" he said and bit his lip. That distracted me so much.

"Yeah, sure," I said and looked down while smiling.

"Okay, well. I didn't drive today so do you mind driving?"

"No," I said and we headed to my car. We sat there for a second just staring at each other before Jake smashes his lips on mine and of course, I respond without hesitation. Jake slid over so that our bodies were pressed together. He moved his hand down to may back to rest on the lower part and pushed while leaning into me so that I would lay back. The heat of his body warmed me up and my wolf was enjoying it a little too much. As his hand slid down my waist. It was a good feeling but I knew we needed to stop or I wouldn't be able to control my wolf.

"Stop," I said breathlessly.

"Sorry," Jake said and sat on the opposite side of the car while I fixed my blouse.

"It's okay," I said when I got my breath back. "I-I really do enjoy, you know, that but it's just moving too fast. Like my parents."

"Babe, we won't be like your parents. I promise you. I don't know how long I can keep fighting my wolf but I will until you are ready," Jake said and held my hand. "Now lets get going! Take a left at the end of the parking lot then a right at the end of the road." I nodded and did as he said. We drove in silence with the occasional directions Jake was giving me and I was starting to get nervous because we were heading out to the woods that I was told to never go to. My parents told me about this fight that they had before Brayden and I were born. My aunt and the rest of my moms family and pack had been taken captive while my mom was told they were all dead. That's how she met my dad when she moved to his town. The fight lasted a little while because my dad's pack was really good at fighting and helped my mom without hesitation. My parents had let people join their pack, killed a few and let others go that wanted to go rogue. The way my parents described the man in charge of the whole dilemma...I'm glad I never met him.

"Wh-why are we here?" I asked Jake.

"It's a place I go often to just think and be by myself." I just nodded as we got out. I was a little apprehensive to be here because of the feeling I was getting from the woods. It was like it was telling me not to go in there and I really didn't want to.

"J-Jake," I whispered and he turned to face me. "I-I don't really want to go in there."

"It's okay. I won't let anything happen to you," he said and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the woods. I gripped onto his hand hard and stayed close to him as we walked towards a clearing. As we got closer the feelings I was getting were becoming worse by each step I took and I felt myself shaking. I don't even know if Jake was feeling what I was feeling but I just wanted to leave and go home where I felt safe. Just as we got to the clearing I felt a heavy weight on me and knew I shouldn't go any closer so I stopped.

"What's wrong?" Jake asked, looking concerned.

"i can't go any closer," I told him and wrapped my arms around myself as I started to get cold. The trees were so thick that no light shined through, meaning no heat from the sun.

"Here, take my jacket," Jake said and wrapped his jacket around me. I took it gratefully and held it close to myself. "Come on." he had turned around and started walking but I couldn't move. The feeling that someone was around besides me and Jake and I was becoming more scared.

"Haley, I'm not going to let anything happen to you. So come on," Jake said and against my better judgment I followed him. I was clinging onto him as if my life depended on it, well it kind of did because this place creeped the sh!t out of me. When we went into the clearing, the weight I was feeling faded and I felt so much better. The clearing was beautiful. Flowers were blooming everywhere and there was a little waterfall off to the side. The sun was shining through the thinning of the trees and made the whole scene look so much better. I was speechless.

"What do you think?" Jake asked and I turned to him, smiling.

"It's beautiful," I told him and he held me in his arms, holding me close.

"Just like you," he whispered in my ear and I smiled brighter.

"How did you find this place?"

"My mom came here a long time ago and brought me," he said and smiled at me. "She loves this place because it's where she met my dad but the woods, she hates. That's where she witnessed her mate, my dad, being killed by another pack. Anyways, I come here just to think because it's so peaceful. I even do my homework out here sometimes because it helps me think."

"I can see why," I said and did a little twirl which caused Jake to smile wider. "The walk here creeped me out. Like I got this heavy feeling that I didn't like. I'm glad you made me keep going though. This place is wonderful." My mate walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist smiling sweetly at me.

"This could be our place," he said. "Where we can go to get away from your family or just to be together."

"I'd like that," I told him and gave him a little peck on the lips but was interrupted before we could go any further.

"Jake, who the hell is this?" some lady asked and glared at me while I backed away from my mate and turned to face her. What I didn't expect was to see a lady that my parents described. Marcos' mate. Marcos was the guy who had taken my moms pack and family hostage. I looked at Jake then back at the lady and saw the resemblance and put two and two together.

Jake's dad is Marcos!

____________________________________________________________________________________

 Hope you like:) please let me know what you think

-<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 6.1K 37
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
126K 365 2
Ruthless Alphas, double crossing allies and one young princess thrust into their darkly seductive world. ╾─────╼ Princess Lyandra, the Grand Alpha's...
490K 12.5K 25
Myra and Lucas have always hated each other. With them the word "Friends" dosen't exist. They're complete opposites. Lucas is popular, a player, char...
346 151 10
Linda's home is an orphanage, its been since she was three. She's held onto dreams of who she wanted to be, hopes she only talked about to one person...