New Love ~ Tyler Seguin

By brecken_gallegos

When Braelynn Carter's boyfriend of two years dumps her, she thinks nothing is going to ever make her happy... More

1~Crash and burn
2~Friends, or maybe something more?
3~Bad timing
4~Confession
5~The beginning
6~Unannoucned
7~Desire
8~Movie night
9~Congratulations
10~Big steps
11~Dallas?
12~The shining Stars
13~Relocation
14~Rude awakening
15~The Past
16~I swear
Author's Note/ Chapter 17
18~The Big D
19~First impressions
20~Celebration
21~Party Time
22~Mistakes
23~Proceed
24~Decisions
25~Locker rooms
26~Heartbreak
27~Devotion
28~Hey, pretty girl.
29~Blair
30~Longing
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Catching up with the Seguins

Chapter 35

1.7K 22 1
By brecken_gallegos

Around nine in the morning, Tyler climbs out of bed, waking me up in the process. "Good morning." My morning voice is groggy and incomprehensible.

Tyler chuckles and leans down to kiss my forehead. "Goodmorning to you too, my princess."

I smile and roll over to stretch. "How are you feeling about the game tonight?"

Tyler shrugs before kissing my cheek. "I think that as long as you're there watching, I'll do pretty damn good."

I smile even wider. "I'll be there." I roll back over and move to sit about chest level with Tyler. I grab his waist band of his shorts and pull him closer to kiss his chest. "What are you gonna do until game time?"

Tyler thought for a moment. "Maybe we can go over to Jamie's house and you and Lacey can chill while Jamie and I are talking about the game."

A laugh escapes my mouth. "I think it's funny how he just lets you come over to his house at anytime. Like what if they're doing something?"

Tyler shrugs again. "Then they can post-pone whatever is it they were doing and focus on their guests."

I shake my head."You're too comfortable with Jamie. I mean I can understand that y'all are teammates, but I'd think that y'all would get tired of each other."

Tyler chuckles. "Jamie is always tired of me. I hang around him most of the time just to bother him."

I roll my eyes."Wow, talk about friendship goals."

Tyler smiles, childishly. "Why thank you. I'll be sure to pass on the word if you don't join me on wrecking Jamie's house."

"Have at it." I gently shove him towards the closet. "Dont have too much fun without me. I don't want to loose my boyfriend to my best friend's boyfriend."

Tyler moved his head into the door frame with an arched eyebrow. "I don't roll that way, so don't worry yourself too much there."

I roll my eyes. "Get your mind out of the gutter. I know how buddy buddy you and Jamie get sometimes. It's almost as if I do loose you to Jamie."

Tyler laughs loud enough for me to hear it from the closet. "Jamie and I hate each other, we're just really good at covering it up."

"You sure do." I pick up my phone and send Lacey a text.

*Tyler's gonna come over and wreck your plans. Just a heads up*

I lock my phone and get out of bed to brush my teeth. "What's the plan for after the playoffs?" I wonder aloud to Tyler.

Tyler strides into to bathroom in shorts without a shirt. "Uh, I don't know." He has a confused look on his face. "That's a good question."

I giggle and look at his reflection in the mirror. "What if we went to a beach? I don't have a particular one in mind, but one with crystal blue water."

Tyler thinks for a second. "That actually doesn't sound too bad."

I smile and begin to brush my teeth.

Tyler walks up in behind me and kisses my bare shoulder. "Maybe we can go and see my mom up in Canada, too."

I spit out the toothpaste and look back at Tyler. "Ya mean meet momma Seguin again?"

Tyler nods and waits for my answer.

I go back to brushing my teeth and think about it a bit. Tyler obviously wants to go there and see his mom, but the first meeting wasn't exactly ideal. I spit out my toothpaste again and start to rinse off the toothbrush. "I don't see why we can't."

Tyler sighs. "You're not comfortable with going yet, are you?"

I shake my head. "No, but I want to go because I want to get to know your family."

Tyler shakes his head. "If you're not ready, we don't have to go."

I turn around and look up at Tyler. "I'll go because I know you want to see your sisters, and a conversation about me isn't enough of a conversation, in my opinion, between you and your mom. We're going and I think I'll enjoy myself." I gave him a light kiss on the corner of his mouth before smiling softly.

Tyler's mouth curved up into a half smile before he leaned down and kissed me on the lips. "I love you, Braelynn."

"And I love you, Tyler." I say as I look into his eyes.

Tyler's smile grew before he turned around. "I gotta get ready to go annoy Jamie."

I roll my eyes and laugh before walking out into the room towards the door. "I'm sure Jamie will love that." I grab my phone on the way out and see a reply from Lacey.

*Thanks for the head up. Things would have been a little weird between Tyler and I if he just showed up and let himself in.*

I read the text and cringe. Lacey sure isn't afraid to tell people things.

*TMI. I'm not gonna come with him so hope you have fun.*

I send the text and walk out of the room to be immediatly greeted by the three dogs. "I bet y'all are hungry, aren't ya?" I ask the dogs as I lead them downstairs to the kitchen. I fill up the dog bowls with food and pick up their water bowls to fill up as well.

Tyler makes his way down the stairs and finds a pair of his Sperry's. "Hey, babe, I'm gonna go. Love ya."

I shake my head. "Bye, Ty. I love you, too."

Tyler walks into the garage and opens the door. A minute later, I heart the door shut and I know Tyler's gone.

I hear my phone vibrate on the counter top.

Lacey repaonded.

*I have to hang out with theses two? No thank you. I can barely put up with Jamie.*

I chuckle at the text.

*Sadly, yes. Good luck (;*

I send the text and wander back upstairs. If Tyler and I are gonna go to a beach, I should start working on my tan. I find a string bikini and get undressed before pulling the bikini on and tying it. "Too bad Tyler isn't here. He'd love the view right now." I laugh a little at myself as I'm putting my hair up into a messy bun. I pick up a pair of sunglasses before walking out the room.

I descend the stairs and open the glass door that leads outside.

The dogs all hear the door and come running to go outside. Blair leads with Cash behind her and Marshall behind him.

"Chill out, yall. You're gonna be out here for a while." I slide the door to close it and find the cabinet that Tyler puts the sun screen in. After spraying sun screen all over myself, I drag a tanning chair out into the shallow part of the pool and lay down. I allow my hands to drape over the sides of the chair and feel the cool water below.

My phone buzzes again, but this time it was a Snapchat from Tyler. I opened the video and it shows Tyler chasing Jamie around with silly string.

"Love me, Chubbs."

I hear Jamie's laugh as he's running away from Tyler. "Get that silly string on anything and you're paying to buy another."

Tyler stops and points the nozzle towards Jamie's couch. "Is that a threat I heard?"

Jamie laughs and nods. "It sure is."

The video ends and I can't help but laugh. I take a picture of the waterfall of his pool with a caption saying "be nice" to Tyler.

Not long later, Tyler responds. It's a picture of he and Jamie. Jamie's got his arm around Tyler's neck, and Tyler's just got a straight face.

I take a picture of myself with Marshall in the background, sticking his muzzle through the bars of the fence around the pool. "Marsh!" I make a kissing noise to him, which makes him let out a whine.

"I'm sorry, buddy, you can't come in here. Tyler will be mad at me." I send the picture and wait for a response.

My phone vibrates and I see it's a reply from Tyler.

Tyler's working his puppydog face and looks genuinely sad along with his caption, "Why'd you wait for me to leave to start tanning".

I smile at the caption and take another picture of me with my sunglasses on and my hair sticking up every which way. I put the caption as "because then you wouldn't have gone to Jamie's" and send the Snapchat.

I put my phone on the side of the pool and lay down completely and close me eyes to start tanning.

About fifteen minutes later, I flip over to my stomach and begin tanning again.

Tyler slides open the glass door about thirty minutes later and smiles at me. "Hey, babe."

I smile back at him. "Hey, you gonna get ready for practice now?"

Tyler nods and starts scratching Marshall's head when he trots up. "Yeah. I'll be back by 2 at the latest."

I sigh. "Why does practice have to be so long?"

Tyler chuckles. "Lindy wants to keep us in shape, I guess, for the playoffs."

I stand up and collect my things. "Well, I'm gonna go and hang out with Lacey while you two are at practice."

~Tyler's POV~

I arrive to practice and I'm greeted by a few fans. After taking a picture with each of them and signing a jersey for one of them, I make my way into the locker room.

All my other teammates seemed to be dressed and just waiting for Lindy to come and tell us to go out into the ice.

I quickly undress and put on all the equipment. Just as I begin to lace my skates, Lindy walks in and motions to Jamie to get us out on to the ice.

Everyone stands up expect for me.

Patrick Sharp stays behind to fix his helmet.

"Hey, Sharpy, can I ask you a question?" I pull on the laces to tighten my skates.

Patrick looks over at me and shrugs. "Go ahead."

I clear my throats and finish tying the first skate. "What's it like to be a dad?"

Patrick stopped messing with the helmet strap for a second before looking back at me again. "What is it like to be a dad? Well, I can't exactly explain it. You just have to experience it for yourself when you think you're ready."

I nod. "How did you know when you were ready?"

Patrick looked at his helmet. "You'll know when you're ready."

I nod again. "Thanks, Sharpy."

Patrick smiled at me and without another word, he walked out of the locker room and to the ice.

I finish tying my second skate. After putting my helmet on, I jog out of the locker room so I don't have to stay after practice for being late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry for not being very consistent on my posting lately. I've had major writers block and I think I've finally gotten over it.

I hope everyone enjoys reading this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 2K 69
Dog park love connection (This started as a one shot but has turned into a story)
353K 4.4K 38
Harley and Tyler have been friends all their lives but can one mistake and an NHL draft ruin all of that? **COMPLETED** DISCLAIMER *This is all fake...
2.2K 19 12
RIGHT THING WRONG TIME | TYLER SEGUIN originally posted on tumblr @baevillier (2021) summary: Y/N's sister, has been dating dallas stars hockey playe...
458K 7.2K 50
Meet Jamie Benn's bestfriend, a green eyed, blonde haired, Dallas star journalist, Nicola. Nicola has a really low tolerance when it comes to immatur...