Elijah Mikaelson One Shots

By ivoryconfessions

One shots of the noble Elijah Mikaelson! *** (an ivoryconfessions one shot collection) More

Midnight
Permission
Unexpected Surprise
Not Anymore
Tease
Best Friend's Brother
Fear
L-O-V-E
New Orleans Newcomer (2)
New Orleans Newcomer (3)
You Did The Right Thing
Nice Try
GIFS (1)
Never Give Up
Under The Table
The Night We Met
Always & Forever
Birthday Present
Whoops
Nothing, Daddy
Be There
Worth Saving
Let's Have Some Fun
Choices
Protection

New Orleans Newcomer

10.1K 184 23
By ivoryconfessions

I gently pushed my way through the crowd, my eyes scanning the street signs, desperately hoping the most familiar one would jump out at me. However, the farther I walked from my hotel, the deeper I got into the city and the more unsure I became of where I was going. New Orleans seemed like an endless maze, streets and buildings everywhere and too many street signs to count. At this rate, I would never make it to my friend's house before dark. The street I was currently on seemed extremely crowded, but like I had read on the internet before I flew out to Louisiana, New Orleans was always bustling with people. I had yet to get used to it, though. I lived in a small town in California and was not quite sure how I felt about it. Trying my best to swerve around people without bumping into them, I weaved my way through the crowd, spotting the sign of a nearby bar.

Rousseau's. Maybe I could get some help from someone inside.

As I made my way towards the sidewalk, someone shoved their way past me, the side of their body having such an impact that it sent me flying to the left. Not having good reflexes was a flaw of mine, so I stumbled to the side, slamming into the person next to me. As I was about to fall flat on my ass, two hands hooked themselves underneath my armpits, pulling me to my feet. In a mixture of shock and confusion, I wobbled, trying to regain my balance. The person who pulled me up placed their hands on my shoulders to level me, slowly letting them slip down my arms as I turned to face them.

Standing before me was a man, an elegant one at that. He was probably almost six feet tall, with a pristine posture and a nicely pressed suit. His face was just as pretty to look at. Strong, chiseled jaw, cleanly shaven, chocolate brown hair, and the most beautiful brown eyes, so deep that I easily got lost in them. When he cleared his throat, I quickly pulled myself from my thoughts.

"Oh, I, um, thank you." I stammered, blushing at my attempt to speak.

"You're quite welcome, darling." I blushed again at the nickname and his alluring accent. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." I nodded, forcing myself to make eye contact with him again. "I was just pushed to the side a little. It happens all the time since I'm so short. No one ever sees me."

Shut up, stupid. Stop rambling.

My subconscious was screaming at me as the man laughed, running a hand through his hair.

"Who could miss you? I certainly didn't when you came crashing into me."

"I'm so sorry!" I instantly apologized. "I really am. I feel absolutely terrible-"

"Hush, sweetheart, it was merely a joke." He chuckled. "I'm quite flattered that you chose me to run into."

Relaxing a little, I let out a giggle. "Oh, yeah. As I was falling, I said to myself,'I'm going to crash into that guy right there.' You're welcome."

"I am very much appreciative." The man laughed, the sound resonating deep within his throat. "Now where were you off to in such a hurry? I saw you weaving through the crowd like a woman on a mission."

"I'm going to meet a friend, but I simply can't find my way around this city. I'm totally not used to the crowds and I think that's part of my problem."

"I'm guessing you don't live in anywhere near a city this size. Maybe a small town girl?"

"Is it that obvious?" I grinned as he nodded. "I'm from Hollister, California. I don't think you can get much more in the middle of nowhere."

"I agree." He laughed. "You said you were visiting a friend? Maybe I can help."

"That would be great, actually. If I tried to find his home on my own I probably just get lost again."

"Well, we definitely don't want that." The man smiled. "What street does he live on?"

"That's the problem. I forgot what he said. Marcel sucks at giving proper directions."

"Marcel? As in Marcel Gerard?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "You know him?"

"Of course." He responded with a laugh. "We're very good friends. We go way back."

"He's a good friend of mine as well. We knew each other when he visited California a couple years back and I met him when I was in college."

"I was actually just headed to my home right now. Marcel is there with my brother. Would you like to come with me?"

"That would be great. Thank you."

"It will be my pleasure."

The man slowly turned around and started walking in the opposite direction.

"Wow I was totally going the wrong way." I joked, following closely behind him.

"Don't be too hard on yourself, darling. Anyone can get lost on their first time in the city." He held out his arm for me to take, which I did. "We don't want you getting lost again, now do we?"

"You're a kind soul. Thank you ....."

"Elijah."

"Thank you, Elijah." I retried. "I'm Faye."

"You're very welcome, Miss Faye."

Elijah led me down a couple of streets before we arrived at a large building that honestly didn't look any different than the others. We walked into a long arched hallway before stepping into a room with balconies all surrounding the second story. There was no roof above, but there were stairs off to the side, making me infer that the actual house portion was on the second story.

"Faye!" I heard Marcel's voice above me, and I quickly spotted him standing on the opposite end the balcony above. "You made it!"

"I had a bit of a struggle finding you." I laughed as he ran down the stairs to pull me into a hug. "But your friend, Elijah, here, helped me out."

"Thank you, Elijah." Marcel laughed. "I knew you would find her."

"I did. She's just as you described." Elijah chuckled.

"You sent him to find me?" I gasped, slapping Marcel on the shoulder, knowing he wouldn't be fazed by it. "Do you have no faith in me at all?"

"Nope." Marcel chuckled. "Not a drop."

"I hate you." I growled, playfully. "Some friend you are."

"You love me." He replied with a smirk. "Just admit it."

"Although I hate to admit it sometimes, I do."

"See?" Marcel nodded knowingly. "Well, as much as I would love to stay and chat, Elijah's brother and I have some things to take care of, so would you mind hanging here until I return?"

"Sure." I rolled my eyes. "It's not like I didn't just spend almost an entire day looking for you only to have you leave."

"Don't get your panties in a twist, Faye." Marcel winked. "You won't be here alone. Elijah will keep you company."

"I guess it won't be too boring then."

"You clearly don't know my brother." A man coming down the stairs laughed. "He is the most boring person on the planet."

"Niklaus do you always have to be so rude to your siblings?" Elijah sighed, walking towards me.

"I'm only stating the truth so the girl is prepared."

"I'm much more fun than my little brother states." Elijah urged, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh yeah?" I teased. "How about we put that to the test?"

"Here we go again." Marcel laughed.

"If by the time Marcel and your brother get back and I've enjoyed myself with you, your brother will owe you an apology. If I don't, then you get the permanent reputation as the most boring person I met in New Orleans."

"I like her." Elijah's brother chuckled.

"Fine." Elijah agreed. "But be prepared to apologize, Niklaus."

"I think you need to be prepared to be the most boring person in New Orleans." Niklaus grinned.

"Alright, alright, come on, Klaus." Marcel rolled his eyes. "We can hear all about the chaos Faye has gotten herself into when we return."

He led Niklaus out of the building and now I stood alone with Elijah.

"You want fun, huh?" Elijah smirked. "Give me your best definition of fun."

"Why should I? You seem to already have something in mind."

"Oh, I do, but I must warn you. It's not usually something that I would do."

"I think I can handle it."

Elijah took a step forward, only inches from me now. "Brave girl. But let's see if you're going to say that when we're done."

-

I hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to follow my Instagram (@ivoryconfessions) to see new promos for all of my books and find out about the next chapters before they're posted! Love you all!
xx lavender baby 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 4.6K 24
just some Elijah Mikaelson One Shots, mostly from the reader's point. Feedback is always appreciated! :)
38.8K 1.9K 45
ˏˋ꒰💐꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝(v.) To attract and move deeply: rouse to ecstatic admiration.] ━━━in which a woman born in the 1...
1.5K 102 11
"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖉 𝕳𝖊𝖗 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝕯𝖎𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖉" SOULMATE AU- ELIJAH MIKAELSON
164K 4.5K 44
"ᴬᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉⁿᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒᵗʰ ᵒᶠ ᵘˢ ʷᵉʳᵉ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᶜᵘʳˢᵉᵈ" Oc x Elijah Mikaelson