Worth Saving

Plot request by MaddieLeannCollen 💕

Elijah Mikaelson laughed heartily as his sister Rebekah munched happily on a french fry.  

"I'm telling you, brother!" She grinned excitedly. "I normally don't like fast food, but these are exquisite!"

"I wouldn't quite call a french fry exquisite." Elijah chuckled.

"Oh I would." Rebekah giggled, pausing when she saw her brother's face dull. "Elijah? What's wrong?"

"There's a girl." He whispered, rushing past Rebekah as he ran across the street into the small park in downtown New Orleans.

Rebekah took notice to the small figure lying inert in the grass, and quickly followed her brother. When they reached the young girl, a gasp fell from Rebekah's lips, instantly noticing the blood dripping down the girl's milky white skin.  

"A vampire bit her." Rebekah claimed, bending down to examine the wound.

"Yes, it appears so." Elijah nodded. "And I don't think she is going to stay alive much longer."

"What do we do? We can't just let her die."

"I won't." Elijah replied, tugging down the sleeve of his dress shirt and crouching down beside Rebekah.

"What are you doing?" Rebekah questioned. "Wouldn't it be easier to take her home so Freya could heal her?"

"There's no time." Elijah shook his head, quickly biting into his wrist and pressing it against the girl's open mouth.

"But brother, what if she dies before you have the time to fully heal her? She could become a vampire."

"I'll worry about it when it happens."

After a few moments, soon enough, she began to drink. Still alive, but just barely breathing. When he pulled his arm away, watching briefly as it healed, his ears caught up the soft thumping of her heart stop. He held his breath, hoping it had just paused, but after several minutes, he sighed, knowing she had passed.

"She's gone." Rebekah whispered quietly. "Now all there's to do is wait."

"We should take her home." Elijah commented, sliding his arms under the girl's limp form. "She'll be safer there and when she wakes, I will teach her how to live as a vampire."

As the two Mikaelsons returned home, Elijah gently laid the young girl down on their living room couch. A few hours later she awoke with a fright, breathing heavily with a small hand clutched to her chest. As she took in the large space of the Mikaelson house, her wide eyes met Elijah's, staring at him with a sense of wonder.

"You." She whispered breathlessly. "You saved me."

"I did." He nodded

"Why? You don't even know me."

"I guess I decided you were worth saving." Elijah smiled softly, watching her settle back down onto the couch.

-

I hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to follow my Instagram (@ivoryconfessions) to see new promos for all of my books and find out about the next chapters before they're posted! Love you all!
xx lavender baby 💋