Beautiful Mistake | ✓

By Lexy_VLover

❝how would you feel if i told you i loved you? it's just something that i wanna do❞ When Violetta's parents'... More

• foreword •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 15 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
• 18 •
• 19 •
• 20 •
• 21 •
• 22 •
• 23 •
• 24 •
• 25 •
• 26 •
• 27 •
• 28 •
• 29 •
• 30 •
• 31 •
• 32 •
• 33 •
• 34 •
• 35 •
• 36 •
• 37 •
• 38 •
• 39 •
• 41 •
• 42 •
• 43 •
• 44 •
• 45 •
• 46 •
• 47 •
• 48 •
• 49 •
• 50 •
• 51 •
• 52 •
• 53 •
• 54 •
• 55 •
• 56 •
• 57 •
• 58 •
• 59 •
• 60 •
• afterword •
• Part 2 • Diego •
• 2.1 •
• 2.2 •
• 2.3 •
• 2.4 •
• 2.5 •
• 2.6 •
• 2.7 •
• 2.8 •
• 2.9 •
• 2.10 •
• 2.11 •
• 2.12 •
• 2.13 •
• 2.14 •
• 2.15 •
• alternate ending 1 •
• alternate ending 2 •
• epilogue •
• afterword •

• 40 •

456 15 20
By Lexy_VLover

(Oh my wow, I am actually writing C40! I can't believe I'm this far! But on the other hand, this has taken forever considering I started writing this April 2016! Enjoy! xx)

"YOU CHOOSE,"

I look at Diego wide-eyed. I never went shopping with my father, my brother was off at some boarding school so I've never really been accustomed to shopping with a guy. And I especially can't choose a suit, how will I know?

Diego wear a suit almost every single day. Only on the weekends do I see him in casual clothes. So this is three and a half months seeing him in a suit. But I still don't know the difference between them unless he's wearing a different colour jacket, shirt or tie. They are black, he wears a white shirt. I don't see the difference.

"I can't choose," I tell him and he ignores my comment with a wave of his hand.

"Just pick whatever looks nice. I'll try it on and then you know we can make a decision. Although I will get the final verdict of course, you just decide whether it looks good enough for you to. . .I don't know kiss me," He winks at the end.

Okay two comments about me kissing him in half an hour. Is he trying to make my cheeks permanently red? We walk to his apparent favourite shop, he said he would go there whenever he didn't have enough time to tell his tailors.

We walked in and I went over to one cream blazer, and looked at the price tag. I instantly dropped it and gaped. 10 000. And this was on sale. Diego must have noticed because he walked over, he didn't stop himself from grinning at my expression.

"It's just a jacket," I tell him and he laughs.

"Don't worry about the price alright. Just take what's nice,"

He realised that he really shouldn't have said that fifteen minutes later. I went to each rack grabbing a few here and there. Personally, all the black looked like the same, so did the cream and the white and the brown and you get my point. I will admit that some did feel a little softer than others though.

I dump my lot in his hands and he raises an eyebrow. I nod and he visibly sighs. He walks to the front desk where he's instantly greeted by hands engulfing him.

"Diego! It's been so long!" The person proclaims. The voice belonged to a lady. A young lady.

I walk over once they break their hug. I stand by Diego's side and refrain from introducing myself as his wife. The person was beautiful, her black hair was tied in a bun and her caramel skin looked flawless. I was immediately jealous and found myself running a hand through my unruly hair.

"Sash, this is my wife," Diego says placing a hand on my waist gently.

"Violetta," I add on and she nods.

"Hi! I'm Sasha! I hope this boy isn't giving you too much trouble!" She says warmly poking Diego's shoulder. "We knew each other in school," She explains and I nod.

"Well than you must really understand what a handful he is," I joke and Diego rolls his eyes.

"You're no saint," He tells me and I send him a playful wink.

"Whatever babe,"

"Let me take you behind the shop to the changing area," She says leading us to the back after notifying her co-worker.

Everything about this shop was lavish. The shop had wooden floors, and at the back it was carpeted in red. There were quite a few lights brightening the centre of the area, and then chairs were lined in a circular shape. The chairs were leather and looked as soft as the couches back home.

Everything just looked so expensive, the leather, the lights hell even the mannequins looked like they cost a fortune. It honestly made me scared to touch anything just in case I broke something. Diego didn't call me a klutz for nothing.

"I'm going to go try. . ." He stares at the pile in his arms, "this collection,"

I sit on a comfy leather chair, my hands in my lap to stop them from feeling everything. I really needed to get out more.

Diego pulls the curtain aside and steps out in a blue suit. It was navy almost-black. He pulled on the blazer a bit and turned around a little.

"Too snug," I say.

Call me overprotective but my cousin was going to be there, I didn't want her looking at him too much. On the other hand I wanted him to look intensely attractive so she can see what a hit I've scored. Even though it's all fake.

Diego comes out again, this time in black. It didn't look bad on the racks but it just didn't suit him. I merely shake my head and he nods. To be honest I don't know what I was thinking with the next one.

"I'm not coming out," Diego says firmly and I scoff.

"Let me see it," I urge.

He sticks his arm out and I see red and yelp. He chuckles in an I-told-you-so tone and retracts his arm. I regret sounding my disgust, it would have made a lovely profile picture.

From inside the little cubicle he voiced his complaints about the ones I chose. After listening to him whine about a blue floral suit (I just chose it to get a good laugh) I silently stand up and walk to the front of the shop.

My eyes immediately find a ivory coloured lace dress. It was an a-line neck and when I held it against my body it looked like it would reach my knees. It would cover enough for my parents to not scold me that the clothes would fit a five year old.

I hurried back to the changing area and sure enough Diego was still rambling about how much he hated all the suits. He had quite a mouth on him, it just wouldn't shut up.

And he said I had problems.

I pull off my clothes and try the dress on. I close my eyes and turn to face the mirror. I prayed that it would fit me well, it felt comfortable. I slowly open my eyes and my lips part. I wasn't much of a person to compliment myself (unlike Diego) but I can't help but admit that I looked nice.

More than nice.

In the cubicle next to me I hear Diego sigh.

"Finally! One that is good enough to try on! Standing in my boxers is not fun Letta," He says and my cheeks flush. Too much information.

I change again and hand the dress to Sasha. As I sit down Diego emerges. As if by some miracle the suit he is wearing is a similar colour to mine.

"Yes!" I shout and he chuckles.

"I thought it was nice," He says, pulling a little on the blazer.

"You look very. . ." I trail off and he smirks.

"Handsome? Attractive? Sexy?" He suggests and I roll my eyes.

"Arrogant," I say.

"So, sexy," He decides.

Five minutes later he hands his suits to Sasha, and then turns to me.

"Your turn," He says rubbing his hands together.

"I already chose one," I tell him and he frowns.

"But I wanted to choose for you,"

"Next time buddy," I pat his shoulder.

IT FELT LIKE FOREVER since the last time I've stood in front of my house.

My fist was in the air, hesitant to knock against the door. Cars were lined up in the driveway and in front of the house, it was difficult for Diego to find somewhere to park. He regretted not having Greg drop us off.

"Is something wrong?" Diego asks.

He didn't sound impatient that I wasn't knocking the door, he sounded somewhat concerned. My last conversation with my father was civilised, he was going to walk me down the aisle. It had to be.

With my mother I had yelled, she had yelled. We were angry with each other, me probably more.

I was ready to turn away when I remembered that Luca was here. I couldn't leave him alone with our parents. No. I wanted them to sort this out, even if it had to be her birthday.

I finally hit the door. I hear shuffling from inside and then the door opens. My aunt Kirstie. After her divorce she hadn't changed much. She still had her humour, she still greeted you with the same warmth in her eyes and smile. Although there were times when you'd find her sitting alone, tissues surrounding her, and Ed Sheeran playing in the background.

"Hi," I breathe and her lips curve upwards.

"You look different,"

It had been a while since we had last seen each other. She couldn't make it to my wedding, and I barely had a chance to converse with her during my birthday party.

"Married," I hold up my left hand. She notices Diego standing next to me.

"Diego Hernandez," He says holding out his hand.

"Damn," She mutters as she shakes it.

She ushers us inside and announces our arrival. The first person to greet us is my cousin Savannah. We had been very close growing up since we were the same age, but recently we had disconnected.

She had changed. Physically, she had cut her hair again, her hair barely reached her chin. She also wore a lot more makeup than she did before. She had also changed personality wise. She used to be the most light-hearted person I knew, she honestly made me feel like I was dead inside with her never-faltering smile and her endless amount of kindness. And then suddenly she was rude.

Worse than me which said something in my family.

While in school I may have been known as the kind quiet girl who kept to her cheerleader and jock best friends, at home I was known as the mean one. No Regina George or anything, but I was definitely not Savannah.

I was sarcastic and I never backed down. Ever. I was the brutally honest one. Savannah was the sunshine, I was the rain. Sometimes it hurt, but then I soon got over it.

"Vilu!" She squeals.

Did I mention she had become a fake?

"Sav," I say, barely audible.

"This must be your husband," Savannah turns to Diego.

Well of course he caught her eye. I felt a sudden wave of jealousy. Savannah could almost be described as the female version of Diego. And that scared me.

"Diego," He grins and I swear she swooned.

"Sav," She purrs.

"Yep my husband," I casually add.

Savannah just nods, her eyes never leaving Diego's body. And not for the first time I wished my husband was not so him.

I was almost tackled to the ground by my younger cousins. Lila, Jordan and Tristan hugged my waist.

"Vilu!" They yell.

"Boys and girl," I wink.

"Where's Kaela and Kev?" I ask my aunt.

"Probably playing on his 3DS somewhere," She rolls her eyes.

After greeting the rest of my family there were only a few people left. My parents and Luca. Luca was standing with Keagan, the closest person to his age, and my parents stood in the doorway. Diego hands the present to me and nudges me to their direction.

"Can we speak alone?" I ask and they nod.

We walk to the empty kitchen and different smells enter my nose.  I suddenly felt hungry and cursed my family's good cooking.

"Happy Birthday Mum," I say and she smiles so wide my heart jumped.

She immediately hugs me tightly, I wondered if she would crush my bones. But I didn't mind, I just hugged her back. A tear escapes my eye.

I had forgotten how much I loved hugging her. She was small built like me, only a little taller than I was. We looked similar, people never stopped listing the similarities between us.

When we break apart she returns to my father's side. They barely ever stood apart. Despite everything I still admired their marriage. They loved each other, they were soulmates.

"We want to have a family talk," He says.

"Luca," I murmur and they nod.

I could see the strain in their eyes. They were still having a difficult time adjusting to Luca again. But if I could do it then so could they.

"Thank you," I whisper.

It was my plan for this weekend after all. I wanted to go on holiday with all of them, and Diego could come as well. Well he would have to anyway. He was my husband.

I glance back to the living room and see Diego studying me. He sends a small smile my way, his eyebrow arching questioningly. How did it go.

"Fine," I mouth.

He does a silent clapping motion and I stifle a laugh. I turn back to my parents who were talking to each other, their foreheads pressed against each other's. The romance never seemed to fade between them.

They turn back to me with hopeful eyes. They wanted to end this fight that we were having as well. They were willing to get over their hard feelings towards Luca.

Everything would be fine.

This weekend will be fine.

But will it really be? I have a few guests in the next chapters! And don't worry, DIELETTA will definitely be getting closer soon ; ) I am kind of aiming for 50-60 chapters. It will probably end in the 50s.

Im excited but devastated at the same time. I love this book a lot. I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I will try and add more DIELETTA in the next one though!

Thanks for reading 🙈 Sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 66 25
The gang grows apart, but reunites 10 years later when all their kids finally join the studio. Violetta and Leon's love continues to grow, with of co...
15.3K 277 18
"When life seems too great, there's always something dark hiding in the shadows. Even the most joyful person can be hiding the their darkest thoughts...
43.5K 1.2K 53
❝close your eyes and i'll kiss you tomorrow I'll miss you❞ Can people ever really escape all the problems that come hand-in-hand with love? Violetta...
80.7K 1.1K 21
TRIGGER WARNINGS : Cnc, violence, substance abuse, there are scenes of r*pe and degradation. Please read at your own risk. ENJOY! After her parent's...