Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 21」

602 22 7
By lazilazuli

You and Minji were sitting inside the library, studying--or at least trying to do so. You were sitting right across from her, trying to wrap your head around some equations from earlier on in your lecture; but through Minji's eyes, you looked more troubled than you were supposed to look. Actually, it looked like something was heavy on your mind. Being that the silence had gotten to her, she decided to finally speak up.

"Uh, Jiyeong?"

"Hm?" you looked up at her. "What's up?"

"You don't look so good right now. Are you still thinking about that stupid post?"

You sighed and leaned back into your chair. "I'm trying not to, but it's getting really hard to do that, the only thing you can hear nowadays is people whispering nasty stuff almost everywhere you go. Even today during my math lecture, I heard them." As the overheard words from others resurfaced to your head, you felt the tears urging to spill. "What's even worse, is that I found the girls who started it. It was Suhwa and Sujin."

Minji sharply inhaled. "I knew it!"

"Shhh!" You both looked over and saw the librarian with her finger over her lips. The both of you then slightly bowed towards her before turning back to each other.

"I knew those skanks had something to do with this!" Minji tried venting her anger as quietly as she could. "How could they not! Those evil bitches are completely capable of doing something like this. It just makes me wonder if Sumin knew about them doing this."

"I think Sumin would have told us if she knew."

"Who knows," Minji shrugged. "For all we know, that girl could've been in on it, too, being that she's so in love with her oppa."

"You don't think Sumin would actually join in on something like this, over a guy, right?"

"Jiyeong, Sumin is not the Sumin we were close with before. Whether you notice it or not, she's changing. Just don't get your hopes up thinking that she's still the same person from before."

"It seems like Jungkook and the rest still haven't found out it about it, yet. Taehyung sunbae came up to me yesterday demanding that I tell him everything."

Minji pretended to be surprised. "He did, did he?" She didn't want to lead you on that she told the boys about things, yet.

"When I told him that he and the guys had nothing to do with it, he snapped at me, yet made me promise to tell them what was going on whenever I was ready." You then sighed. "Thing is, I don't think that I can ever tell them what's going on though. Even a few days ago, I couldn't face them, Kookie especially. If he heard something like this..."

"It's like I told you before Jiyeong. If they're affected in a negative way by something like this, then they were never your friends, to begin with." Minji already made sure that they had gotten the post shared to their twitter. All that was left to do, was to wait and see how they would react.

--Ah, ah! Testing, 1 2 3!"--

"What the hell is that?" Minji looked towards the door, then the windows.

"It sounds like it's coming from outside." Both you and Minji pushed your chairs back and walked over to the large windows that showed off more or less the entrance to campus. You picked up nothing as you carefully scanned the scene, until you finally found what looked like Yoongi with the rest of the guys beside him.

"Is that...Yoongi," you cocked a brow. "And the guys?"

"Is he holding a megaphone?" Minji squinted.

"What could they possibly be up to?" You asked.

"Not a clue--" But then it finally clicked in Minji's head what they were up to. "Let's get a closer look." Agreeing with her, the both of you opened the glass door that led directly outside and stood beside it, waiting to hear whatever was going on.

--Can I get everyone's attention for a minute!" That said, Yoongi had just about every pair of eyes on him.

Everyone that walked towards or away from the building stopped in their tracks and came closer. There were even students who stopped to look out and maybe even open a window to catch what was going on. Most pulled out their phones to record.

"There is a little--actually, a big--problem that we'd like to discuss, here and now. It seems that just about everyone here has seen a post talking about a girl named Lee Jiyeong and her relations with us. We're sure that you're all wondering if what was posted is true or not, so to stop all your confusion, we've all decided to address the situation ourselves."--

"Oh. My. Gosh." When you heard that, your heart began to run like crazy.

"Welp, now we know what they're up to." It was the most nonchalant tone that Park Minji had ever used.

"What the hell are they doing?!" you started to freak out.

--Hoseok stepped up beside Yoongi and received the megaphone. "What you all saw was completely false." As soon as those words left his mouth, people started to get chatty. "The Jiyeong that you've talked about these past few days is not that type of girl."

Namjoon was next to step up and take the megaphone. "Like it or not for some of you, she's just our sweet little hoobae* who we like having around."--

All you could do was stand there in awe as they continued to say what they felt about the situation. At first, you felt slightly mortified that they had finally learned about the post, but seeing the disturbed looks on their faces and hearing their words made you think back to Taehyung's words.

--Namjoon sent the megaphone back down Yoongi's way to get it to Jin. "Just stop and think about how you've been acting lately. If you put yourself in her shoes, or of anyone who's gone through this before, you can understand why we feel the need to do this."

Jimin's turn was next. "At first, we didn't know about any of this, so when she suddenly started distancing herself away from us, that not only confused, but worried us as well." Jimin's eyes locked onto Minji as his eyes scanned by the library. "But thanks to another trusted hoobae of ours, we discovered the truth behind her actions." His smile to put a smile right on hers.--

"Minji, did you tell them?" you looked to her.

"Our sunbae sure are persistent. They just wouldn't leave me alone. I was even almost late for work because of them. But, more importantly, can you believe that none of them have an Instagram?" You couldn't help but chuckle.

--"Now, since we don't know who the hell actually sent the post, we thought it'd be best to do things this way. For the shit-faced individual who made up that lie and for those who've talked shit about our friend, listen up."

It was Jungkook's turn to take things over. Before he spoke, he seemed to have caught sight of you. "This is a warning to all of you. If we catch you saying bad stuff about her again--"

Taehyung came up from behind Jungkook and grabbed the megaphone away before he could continue. "--You'll have to answer to us." Being that Taehyung had noticed you too, he figured that he should have them for himself. But unbeknownst to him, Jungkook rolled his eyes being that he wanted to have the cool last words.

"Pass the megaphone." Yoongi held his hand out towards him for it. Once the megaphone was back in his possession, he thought to close out their speech. "Alright, that's all we wanted to say. You can leave now. Hurry and get to class." When they finished up and started moving away, everyone slowly started to disperse from the crowd they made.

"Look, the girls are over there," Hoseok helped the rest of them to spot you both, before making their way over to where you stood. "Did you guys see us?"

"Yes," you shyly nodded. "that was really sweet of you all to do and say."

"We didn't do it to be sweet," Jimin said. "You're practically one of us now."

"Plus we had to prove Minji wrong," Hoseok said.

"Prove her wrong," you cocked a brow. "Why?"

"Because she called us bad influences and said that you shouldn't be around us," Jimin tattled.

"I only spoke the truth," Minji folded her arms. "But I guess you guys have proved yourselves well."

Taehyung poked your forehead and said, "I told you that we cared about you."

You frowned at the action, but started to smile, even more because of his own. "Thank you, you guys were amazing."

"Stop it, Jiyeongie~" Jimin playfully shoved you, acting like he had gone shy. "You're making us blush."

"You're the only one who's blushing," Yoongi said.

"Anyways," Namjoon picked up, "we're really sorry that you had to go through this. If it weren't for us asking you to hang out with us all the time, you wouldn't have had all this attention on you."

"Don't think that way. I like hanging out with you guys."

"Same here," Jin smiled.

"I just wish we could've found out who actually made the stuff up." Hoseok crossed his arms.

"Actually," Minji looked to you, "Jiyeong knows."

"You do?" Their eyes widened at the piece of information. "Who?"

"Suhwa and Sujin," you said. "They both said that they didn't like me because I was hanging out with 'their oppas'. I stood my ground against them and Suhwa was getting ready to attack me, until--"

"Wait a second," Yoongi stopped you. "Did you just say, 'Suhwa and Sujin'?"

As soon as you confirmed your words, the guys looked onto Jungkook and Yoongi, whom in turn, looked at each other. Both of them wore a look of unease.

Yoongi's head hung low as a deep sigh escaped his lips. "What have I done to deserve this? Why couldn't they be interested in any of these other idiots?"

Jin started laughing. "We don't have as much charm as either of you do."

"Jiyeong, those girls are bad news," Jungkook warned. "Stay as far away from them as possible."

"Is that the reason why I found you talking with them yesterday?" Taehyung asked you, which you confirmed with a nod.

"Partially."

"I highly suspect that Sumin's got something to do with this," Minji crossed her arms. "She hangs out with them for goodness sake. And Jiyeong," she turned to you, "we ought to keep a close eye on that girl from now on."

A/N*: For those of you that don't know, hoobae is the underclassmen to Sunbae (and upperclassmen)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 795 11
"Hoseok: Truth or Dare Namjoon? Namjoon: What the hell, dare me! Hoseok: I dare you to tongue kiss your crush, if they're here. If not then I dare yo...
29.8K 1.4K 56
Taehyung ignored Jungkook's shirtless posture, the way his muscles were bending to the moves of his hands, the way the sweat was dripping off his mes...
378K 20.6K 41
" You know, people say that there's one world, but when I look into your eyes, I see two. " •••••• Jeon Jungk...
767K 35.2K 49
"Just because you're my girlfriend now, it doesn't mean that I'll treat you like a princess." ... A cliché love story between a bad boy and a nerd...