On Purpose

By RogersSkywalkerR5er

You've heard the story of how Steve Rogers became Captain America, but you never really heard the story of Ca... More

At First Sight
Different
Chosen
The First Super Soldier
A New Life
Star Spangled Man
AN!!!
The Hero
Real
"The Right Partner"
Jealousy
Apologies and Confessions
AN! RIP Carrie Fisher😢❤️
Good Luck
All I Want For Christmas Is You
Trust
Braking
The First Avenger.
Its A Date.
Alone.
Taking Down SHIELD.
Civil War
Awake.
Peggy's Flash-Backs Part 1
Peggy's Flash-Backs Part2
Welcome Back.
Scared
Neighbors
Double Date
I Won't Say I'm Inlove
Happy For You
On Purpose
Anouncement
The Wedding
AN! VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Please Read!
Haunted
SHIELD Is Born
Recruting
Big News
The Rescue
Scars
Guilt And Forgiveness
Remembering
Our Legacy
A Name
First Days
Father and Son.
Memories
The Barnes Household
The Cube
Whats Going On?
Why Didnt You Tell Me?
Regret
Your My Brother.
New Additions
Epilogue

Her Hero

1.9K 45 4
By RogersSkywalkerR5er

Steve's POV.

Steve had just been captured by HYDRA and so far his idea had been going exactly as planned. The HYDRA soldiers brought Steve to Schmidt or as he was now known Red Scull. The two soldiers had put him in handcuffs and were holding his arms tightly. They pushed him to his knees.

Red Scull glared at him. "Arrogance may not be a uniquely American trait, but I must say you do it better than anyone. But there are limits to what even you can do, Captain. Or did Erskine tell you otherwise?" Steve narrowed his eyes at the evil man and spoke casually. "He told me you were insane."

Anger flashed across Red Sculls eyes. And stood up straighter. "Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine. But he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?" He hissed. Steve slightly grinned. Then he shrugged. "Nothin'." Then he looked Red Scull in the eye. "I'm just a kid from Brooklyn."

Finally having had enough of Steve's round about answers, Red Scull hit him as hard as he could in the jaw and then in the stomach. His head hung down and he winced in pain. The man had a pretty good punch. He panted and looked Red Scull dead in the eye. "I can do his all day." Red Scull glared evilly at Steve. "Oh, of course you can. Of course. But unfortunately I am on a tight schedule." He told Steve sarcastically. Schmidt aimed a pistol at Steve head ready to kill him.

Steve smirk slightly knowing what was about to happen. "So am I!" He shouted. Suddenly his team came crashing through the window of the room. The fight began.
About 30mins later*********************

Steve was now following Schmit down a hallway. He saw him go through a retracting wall. Steve threw his shield blocking the wall from closing. He began to run to the wall, but was stopped by flames. He stumbled back and saw what it was. It was a HYDRA robot with flame throwers. 'Great!' Steve thought. All he could do was run and shield himself with the walls. If he got too close he would catch fire.

Steve ran behind a corner and saw the flames coming closer. 'Come on Steve! Think!' He screamed at himself in his head. Suddenly there were loud shots fired. The flames disappeared. Steve peeked around the corner and saw the robot on the ground, destroyed. He turned and saw a group of soldiers lead by Colonel Philips and Peggy.

She lowered her rifle. She had shot the robot and destroyed it.
"Let's go!" The Colonel yelled to everyone. They all began to go down the hall.

Peggy stopped in front of Steve seeming to be checking if he was alright. He gazed at her. He knew they were taking a break, but he couldn't help it. She had just saved his life and she was looking so beautiful. He smirked at her. "Your late." He grinned. She seemed dazed. She blushed furiously. They stared into each others eyes for what seemed like an eternity, but was in reality a few tiny seconds.

Peggy blinked and blushed again. "Weren't you just about to...um..."

Steve looked toward the retracting wall and remembered. "Oh! Right!" He then ran off and grabbed his shield going through the wall. Peggy watched as he went off after Schmidt.

A little while later**************************

Red Scull had taken off in a plane and Steve couldn't catch it on foot. He stopped running after it and watched hopelessly as it went down the runway. He heard a car motor come up behind him. A long car pulled up beside him. Colonel Philips was driving with Peggy in the back. "Hey get in!" The Colonel shouted. He did as told and got in the back with Peggy. The car was insanely fast. They were up on the tail of the plane in seconds.

He got up and got ready to shield himself from the propellers and jump onto the plane. "Keep it steady!" He yelled to Colonel Philips. "Wait!" Peggy yelled Steve turned to look at her. When he did she grabbed his straps, pulled him down to her and kissed him gently.

At that moment it fell like all time had frozen. It was just him and her in the world. No one else. She kissed him softly and lovingly. It was a brief kiss, but to him it felt like forever. She pulled away and locked eyes with him. Steve. Was very confused. She had told him they were done, but that kiss...it was so perfect. So gentle and loving. He looked into her eyes trying to make sure he understood.

"Go get em'." She ordered with a gentle sweet on her face. Her eyes were full of love. She hadn't blushed at all, she had meant to do it. She let go of his strap. Steve blinked and realized what the kiss meant. She had just told him she was in love with him.

He looked over to the Colonel absentmindedly. "I'm not kissin' ya." He shouted. Steve then shook his head and looked back at the plane. He would talk to her later.

The propellers came close. Steve went to the hood of the car and bent over letting the propellers hit his shield. The car staid back enough so that The Colonel and Peggy were safe. When he was passed the propellers he jumped and grabbed onto a large cord hanging from the wheels. The jet took off.

Steve looked down at the runway and saw that the car Peggy was in had safety stopped before crashing into the ravine. He sighed with relief. She was out of danger. The wheels went up into the plane. He was ready to end this once and for all.

Peggy's POV.

Steve got into the car just as the Colonel had said and sat by Peggy. As they got closer to the plane she began to realize...she might never see him again. What if something would happen? What if they never got the chance to get married. Peggy finally understood what a terrible mistake she had made. She was inlove with him and now if something would happen he would never know.

Steve got up quickly and watched as the plane got closer. Peggy's heart began to race. "Keep it steady!" Steve yelled ready to jump. She had to do something now. "Wait!" She yelled. He turned to her. She grabbed his straps and pulled him down to meet her lips.

She kissed him gently, trying to show him how much he meant to her, how much she lived him and that she wanted to be with him. It was a wonderful moment. It felt like the world had stopped. Like the war had stopped. She pulled away, hoping it wasn't a goodbye kiss. He looked at her in a dazed and confused expression.

She looked him straight in the eye. "Go get em'." She let go of the strap.

He blinked and looked over at Colonel Philips. Peggy smiled and hoped he understood. "I'm not kissin' ya!" The Colonel yelled to Steve. She almost laughed. Steve crawled to the hood of the car and bent over letting the propellers hit his shield. Peggy leaned her head down for protection. The wind blew her hair in all directions. Steve got passed the propellers and jumped off of the hood onto the planes wheels. The plane took off and was flying away.

Colonel Philips immediately pushed on the break and turned the car sharply. The car skidded and finally came to a terrifying stop, right before it could plunge into the snowy canyon. Peggy watched as the jet flew away, with Steve on it.

She stood up and gazed at it. He was a hero. No matter what would happen he was a hero. Her hero. 'Come back to me.' She thought quietly. 'Please, please come back to me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 13K 118
Steve Rogers has been pining over you for a full year since you joined the Avengers initiative. You are close friends with Clint, Nat, and Bruce. He...
457K 11.4K 20
The world is in danger and the Avengers are being assembled for the first time. Morgan, a former SHIELD agent, is called back in to be apart of the b...
105K 3.1K 43
We could have had it all You're gonna wish you never had met me Welcome to my Steve Rogers x OC story! I hope you enjoy it.
19.5K 683 52
Steve realized the unusual feeling he had when he's near Natasha. "Is it true that my heart belongs to her now?" Steve keep asking himself, doubting...