Elijah Mikaelson One Shots

By ivoryconfessions

One shots of the noble Elijah Mikaelson! *** (an ivoryconfessions one shot collection) More

Midnight
Permission
Unexpected Surprise
Not Anymore
Tease
Best Friend's Brother
L-O-V-E
New Orleans Newcomer
New Orleans Newcomer (2)
New Orleans Newcomer (3)
You Did The Right Thing
Nice Try
GIFS (1)
Never Give Up
Under The Table
The Night We Met
Always & Forever
Birthday Present
Whoops
Nothing, Daddy
Be There
Worth Saving
Let's Have Some Fun
Choices
Protection

Fear

12.7K 243 15
By ivoryconfessions

"No!" Cami screamed. "I refuse to believe that you just happen to know that!"

In frustration, I saw her suddenly tip over Elijah's glass, spilling bourbon all over his left sleeve. Elijah looked weary as he raised his hand from where it originally was resting on my knee. I grabbed a napkin from the coffee table and handed it to him.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, Elijah." Cami laughed.

As he began to pat his forearm dry, a scowl formed on his lips.

"Okay, who would-" Cami began reading off another card but trailed off when she noticed Elijah angrily wiping his shirt with the napkin. "Elijah? Hey, are you okay?" Elijah continued to try to erase the stain from his forearm and Cami and I exchanged worried glances. "Hey, Elijah-"

As Cami reached forward to place a hand on his knee, Elijah caught her wrist, causing her to jump in shock, a hint of fear crossing her face. Elijah stared at her with a scowl, before releasing his hold on her and sitting up straight.

"I'm not as fragile as my brother suggests."

Cami didn't reply, but instead stared at him with wide eyes. When Elijah's cell phone rang, he quickly stood, walking away to answer the call. I let out the breath that I had been holding in since he lashed out, and Cami's gaze drifted to me.

"Esther really did a number on him, didn't she?"

"I wouldn't know." I replied quietly. "He hasn't spoken to me about the matter since Klaus brought him home."

"He hasn't told you anything?" Cami asked. "But you're his girlfriend. I thought you would be the first person he would've talked to."

"As did I." My breathing slowed. "But apparently, everything is difficult to share, even with loved ones. Those are the Mikaelson ways. You would've thought I'd get used to it by now."

"I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry." I reached across the table to gently grasp her forearm. "Did he hurt you?"

"No, it was just a little pressure. I was more surprised than harmed."

"Good. I don't know what he would've done if he hurt you. Elijah is not the kind of man that's cruel to those who don't deserve it. I'm sure after the time you've spent with the family, you know that already."

"I do. I just wish he would talk to someone about it. He seems to be having an internal battle and most of the time, it helps to discuss it with an outside source."

"You are a psychologist, but Elijah is not one to open up easily. Trust me, I've tried to get him to do so more times than I can count."

"I've never seen him like this. It's kind of terrifying."

"I haven't either, but I believe it was just a spout of anger. It's probably nothing more."

"Let's hope so."

"I'm going to go check on him." I spoke quietly, pushing myself out of the chair and walking out of the room.

I found Elijah in the living room, staring out the window, his body standing stiffly. Suddenly, he let out a rushed breath, almost as if he was holding it in for some time. I took a step into the room and he slightly turned his head, indicating that he knew I was there.

"Elijah?" I whispered, trying not to provoke him. "Elijah, are you okay?" I took a few steps closer, standing right behind him as he continued to look out the window. "Hey, I know you're worried about Klaus, and Rebekah going missing-"

The moment I set my hand on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him, just like I have numerous times before, Elijah turned on me, whipping around with such a force that I stumbled backwards. He began to walk forwards, dark veins forming underneath his eyes.

"Elijah." I took a few steps back as he continued to stalk towards me. "Elijah, please calm down."

My back hit the table behind me and I almost fell back, catching my hand on the top of a chair and steadying myself as he stood centimeters away from me. His tall form towered over my small one, and his chocolate brown eyes were now blood red. His right hand shot forward, grasping my neck roughly, and I instantly knew that he was contemplating on feeding on me. He tugged me against him, his mouth opening just enough so that I could see his fangs peaking through. My heart was pounding. Never had I been so afraid of him, and I honestly believed that he was going to hurt me.

"Elijah." I whimpered, my voice begging him to not continue. "Elijah, please. Please don't do this."

Elijah's eyes bore into mine, and I looked at him in fear as his face got closer to mine. In an attempt to hide from the monster he had become, I shut my eyes tightly, and turned my head to the side, preparing to feel his fangs on my neck any minute. But after a few moments passed, I didn't feel anything. Slightly opening my eyes, I surveyed the empty room around me. He was gone.

-

I stood quietly in the doorway of the house, listening to Elijah speak to Klaus. I had avoided him the entirety of the day, as did he, neither of us being able to face the other after this morning's events.

"Brother, you are asking me to do nothing!" Elijah whispered aggressively, his shoulders relaxing as he listened to Klaus' response. "So be it."

I quietly stepped out onto the porch, trying to be as quiet as possible. I slipped behind one of the giant pillars, resting my back against the cold material.

"I shall remain here with the hopelessly courageous Camille and my loving girlfriend, who, of which, certainly has compassion, even if she does lack stealth." Elijah chuckled, turning around and spotting me behind the pillar. "Let me call you back."

"I'm sorry." I whispered, not meeting his intense gaze.

"Darling, I owe you the apology." He spoke, taking three large strides towards me. "My sister is missing, my family is in jeopardy, and I am utterly powerless to help them. This is not a state of affairs I'm accustomed to. Perhaps I'm not weathering this ordeal as well as one would hope. Forgive me."

I stayed quiet, still uneasy around him, for the fear was still quite resident in my brain. After a few moments, with his gaze never leaving my face, I took a deep breath and backed away from him before speaking.

"You know that if you ever need to talk, I'm here for you." My voice was meek and almost trembling. "I'm sorry, I just need a minute."

I walked back inside without another word, hearing his footsteps follow quickly after me. I headed up the stairs, only reaching halfway before Elijah called out to me.

"Darling, please don't walk away. I truly am sorry for what I did. I wasn't myself-"

"It's fine, Elijah." I spoke shakily, the fear coursing through my veins and the image of him towering over me as the veins grew under his eyes burning itself into my brain. "I've forgiven you."

"You may have forgiven me, but you're terrified of my very being." His eyes frantically searched my own, and I could see the pain that hid behind them. "Do you know how much it hurts to see the girl you love back away in fear at the sight of you?"

"I'm sorry." I whispered, feeling the tears begin to well up in my eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Elijah asked, taking a few steps up the stairs and watching as I backed up two more steps as he did so. "I'm the one that almost attacked you, and probably ruined any chance I had at pursuing my relationship with you. I can't stand to know that what I did affected you this much, and for that, I am truly sorry."

"I know you are." I sobbed, wiping the tears as they rolled down my cheeks. "And I'm sorry that I feel this way. I don't want to, but I do. I can't stop seeing you with your eyes blood red and your veins darkening as you pulled me to you by the neck. I thought you were going to hurt me."

"No, no, no, love, no." Elijah begged. "Please, don't you dare for one moment believe that. I love you. I would never hurt you."

"I know." I sniffled. "But at that moment, it felt like you were going to."

"I'm sorry." Small tears began to appear in the corners of his eyes. "I'm so so sorry."

"I know you are. I know you are, Elijah." I whimpered, turning towards the top steps. "I just need some time to myself to think."

"I'm so sorry." He repeated, standing at the bottom steps with tears in his eyes.

"I know." I whispered, before taking the last two steps up the stairs and disappearing down the hallway.

-

I hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to follow my Instagram (@ivoryconfessions) to see new promos for all of my books and find out about the next chapters before they're posted! Love you all!
xx lavender baby 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 1.6K 16
A collection of 🌶 spicy 🌶 one shots featuring our favorite gentleman monster, Elijah Mikaelson. I do not own the rights to The Vampire Diaries, The...
3.2K 75 23
Oneshots of your favorite The Originals characters!
13.5K 143 30
[[[UNEDITED]]] Niklaus, the King, My King, My Sire, My Leader, My Lover. All things I call him. Niklaus Mikaelson is the reason I live today, and I a...
1.6K 102 11
"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖉 𝕳𝖊𝖗 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝕯𝖎𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖉" SOULMATE AU- ELIJAH MIKAELSON