Mónéy Matters

By cakeyree

Mónéy is a 17 year old girl who has lost herself after the death of her brother. Left to deal with her indiff... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Book 2

Chapter Forty-Two

16.7K 375 404
By cakeyree

|Remy|

"Remy I miss you and I want you to come home. This still is yo damn home, why you playing games. I'm hungry as fuck and I want you to come home and cook me dinner. The house is dirty and shit! Why would you leave me like this? See the next time I see you imma hurt you......... Nahh you know I'm just talking, I ain't gon' hurt you. I miss you Remy, c-call me back when you get this." I rolled my eyes before throwing the phone next to me.

"Well he seems apologetic," Dr. P joked. I rolled my eyes while her and her sister-in-law laughed at my situation. I wanted so badly to curse them out but, I was thankful for them. Dr. P opened her home up to me, and her sister-in-law Denise, has respected me and didn't make me feel uncomfortable. I'm grateful that I have a place to lay my head, but I do miss Jamal, a lot.

"He's drunk, wait 'til he sobers up. I bet he won't feel the same in the morning. He'll be team Mónéy, until he dies," I sighed. Dr. P and Denise looked at me sadly. I rolled my eyes as memories of Jamal flooded my mind.

"Poor baby, you still can use this to your advantage," Denise said sipping on her wine. I gave her a confused glare and she looked over at Dr. P, who was looking at her phone.

"Oh ok, that Brian guy is on his way, I'm spending the night at his house so don't wait up," Dr. P said before getting up and rushing to her bedroom. I smirked as I fluffed my pillow, at least one of us was going to get it in before the night was over with.

"Oh no, I know you aren't going to sleep already, it's only eight forty two," Denise whined. I looked at her before looking at the clock on the wall. As tired as I was, I knew that if I didn't speak to Denise now, she was going to talk me to death tomorrow morning. I sighed reluctantly before propping my feet under me. She smirked at me and poured herself another glass of wine, she was drinking that shit like it was water.

"So what's up," I asked. I watched as she downed her fourth glass of wine. She placed her glass on the table before looking at me and burping.

"Nothing really, I just need someone to talk to about my marriage. Even though my husband's sister is a shrink, I still can't get through to her. Patricia is always on her brother's side. I don't care if you don't have the answers, I just want someone to listen," she stated. I nodded my head and motioned for her to continue. She sighed before sitting Indian style on the floor.

"Ok as you already know, I'm married to Patricia's brother. We've been married for a good while and I love him to death, there's just one problem though," she said looking down at her hands.

"Let me guess, he's cheating on you. Well join the club Denise. All these human beings with penises attached to them will cheat. A bitch is lucky to find a good dude floating on earth," I said shrugging my shoulders. She scrunched her face up and shook her head.

"First off that's never an issue between Robert and I. One thing his ass would never do is cheat on me. I give him too much for him to go sleep with the next bitch. Secondly you have issues and I'm glad you're talking to someone about it, but the real reason why I'm here and not a home with my husband is because I'm on my way to bankruptcy. He gave me ten thousand dollars last week and I blew through it, like the shit was nothing," she said frowning. I looked up at the ceiling before chuckling.

"So wait, your husband isn't cheating on you," I asked. She shook her head and I rolled my eyes. Everybody's man seemed to be doing right by them except mine. Jamal wasn't technically mine but still, Mónéy knew how I felt about him.

"Robert is a lot of things but a cheater and liar isn't in his category. I'm just frustrated with myself, like how could I spend that much money in a whole week. My spending habits have gotten out of control. I use to get fifteen grand a month but he reduced it done to 10k. I wonder what he's thinking, as he looks at the balance in our account," Denise stated.

I shook my head and reached for her glass and the wine bottle. She looked at me before handing it over. She had drunk a few too many glasses of wine. Here she was complaining about going over her budget, when bitches like me had real problems. I swear I wish I had this lady issues.

"That's so unfortunate," I said sarcastically. She mugged me before grabbing the bottle of wine. I hadn't even had a sip out of the glass, and she was up here assuming I was drunk.

"Yea well, do you have any advice. Well not necessarily advice, but what would you do if you were me. Give me an idea on what you think I should do," she whined. I thought for a minute before shrugging my shoulders. It was weird that a rich, snobby person like Denise was asking me for advice. It honestly made me feel like I was somebody.

"What I think you should do is have a conversation with your husband. Running and hiding from him, isn't going to make the situation any better. You'll have to face him sooner or later, and sooner is way better than later. I think you should also apologize to him and get a job," I told her. She thought about it for a second before replying.

"A job? Remy I can't get a job. I mean where would I work at? I have been depending on my husband for over ten years. We made the agreement that I would stay at home and cook and clean the house while he's working. That way he wouldn't come home to an empty plate or dirty house," she informed me. Denise had it so good and she didn't even know it.

"Getting a job is the only way to solve this problem. You've grown too accustomed to depending on your husband. Let him see that your really sorry, and that your independent. I feel the only way to do that is to get off yo ass, and find a job as soon as you get back to New York," I advised her. She sighed and threw her hands in the air.

"Fine, I'll talk to him as soon as I land tomorrow morning," she said.

"And?"

Denise smacked her lips and cut her eyes at me. I know I was being hard on her, but I didn't want her to lose her nice ass lifestyle over some stupid shit. "And.........I'll go get a job Remy," she stated annoyed. I nodded my head in satisfaction before taking the wine bottle out of her hand and pouring myself a glass. Dr. P walked into the den looking like a glass of chocolate milk.

"How do I look," she asked as she smooth out her dress. I had never seen Dr. P dress so formal, she actually looked like fun, and not depressing like she does when we are at her office. Denise turned around and squealed, hopping up on her feet.

"Girl sister-in-law, you look fabulous. I guess you and Brian are going to take it to the next level. Well I'm happy for you, at least your getting some," Denise said shaking her head.

"You right about that." I butted in raising my glass. Dr. P smacked her lips before walking over and taking a seat on the sofa.

"Y'all are some Debby Downers. First off Denise you know my brother loves you to death, so I don't even know why your here. All you have to do is say your sorry, and I recommend you get a job and stay out of his account," Dr. P suggested. Denise rolled her eyes.

"Yea, yea, yea, get a job. I've already been planning, thanks to Remy. I'll call Robert tonight before I go to bed. I think it's safer to talk to him over the phone so I wouldn't have to hear him yelling in my face," Denise stated. Dr. P made a face before turning to me. I rolled my eyes because I knew her ass was about to give me a lecture. I guess that's what I get for moving in with a psychiatrist.

"Don't roll your eyes at me miss thang, you're the one who let your niece steal your man, not me," Dr. P said causing Denise to gasp and move closer to her.

"Well go right ahead and tell Europe my business then Patricia. And I didn't let my niece take my man, Jamal wasn't mine to begin with," I stated matter of factly. She was about to say something but the doorbell rang, causing her to stand up.

"Well, I wish I could stay and listen to your problems, but then again, I kinda am happy that I don't have to hear this shit all night. Anywho I'll be back tomorrow morning, so don't stay up looking for me. Try not to make to much noise also. And don't drink too much, that wine will go straight to your head," Dr. P told us before walking to the door. I got up and watched her leave then locked the door behind her.

"Damn, what are we going do now that the therapist is gone? I felt like she was making my situation a little lit," Denise said before giggling. I raised an eyebrow at her as her giggling got louder. At this point I knew she was drunk.

"I think, it's time for you go to bed," I said grabbing the wine bottle and taking it to the kitchen. I heard rummaging in the living room, so I quickly walked back in there to see Denise pulling the pillows off the couch. I shook my head and walked over to her.

"I'm not sleepy, let's talk. Since you gave me advice, I think I should give you a few ideas on how to get your man back," Denise said running her fingers through her hair. I rolled my eyes but picked the pillows up and sat to listen to her suggestions.

"I'm all ears Denise," I said.

"Ok so do you love him," she asked.

"Yes, with everything in me, but he doesn't feel the same way, so I have to move on. I don't want to spend my life holding on to something I know I can't have. Before I do that, I'll let Mónéy have him," I stated honestly. She shook her head and moved closer to me.

"I see my sister-in-law has got to you. She's weakening your ability to not give a fuck. Remy you know you love this Jamal person, and I see right through you. Can you keep a secret," she asked. I nodded my head slowly. She got up from the couch and walked down the hall to where she had been sleeping at. I laid my head on the arm of the couch as I waited for her to come back. A few minutes later I heard her bare feet patting up against the floor. I widened my eyes as I looked over her outfit.

"Uh, what the hell are you wearing? You look like you're into some type of witch craft or something," I told her. She laughed loudly and sat the items that were in her hand on the table. Denise was looking like the devil's wife at this point.

"You are so silly, but to answer your question no. I am not part of any witch craft. I'm actually a psychic and a palm reader. I can tell you your future and everything you need to do so that, your future goes the way you want it to," she said reaching for my hand. I quickly shook my head to refuse her offer.

"No offense but I don't mess around with shit like that," I said. Denise looked offended but her facial expression quickly changed. She had this sinister grin on her face.

"I understand Remy," she said before standing to her feet. The next thing I need, she snapped her fingers and paralyzed my whole damn body. The only thing was able to move was my eyes. She smiled at me before squatting in front of me.

"I'm doing this for your own good. Your mouth was saying one thing, while your head was telling you to read your future. No worries I got you," she said. She put her cold fingertips on my temples and closed her eyes as she recited a spell out loud. My body started to shake uncontrollably and I started to see visions flashing before my eyes.

The first vision was of me and Jamal getting back together, the next one was he and I jumping the broom at our wedding. Then I saw one of me in the hospital bed pushing, while he dabbed sweat from my forehead. After that one I seen us with a house full of kids running around. All those visions made me happy, but the last one pissed me off. The last vision consist of Mónéy and Jamal walking away hand in hand like they were all happy and shit, while me and my kids stood off to the side crying. When I seen that I quickly jumped up. I woke up on the couch panting. When I looked to my right to see Denise asleep on the other couch.

"I must've been dreaming," I said to myself as I laid back down. Shit was getting stranger and stranger but I kept getting signs about this situation. And I knew what I had to do to keep my future in tact. There was only one person in the way of my true happiness, and that was Mónéy. So my number priority is to get rid of Mónéy. I looked over at Denise again to make sure she was really sleeping. That dream that I had just had felt hella real.

_______________

|Danaë|

I looked from room door, to room door in search for the room number the lady at the front desk had given me. After getting passed the swarm of police, I was finally able to find out the condition Myles was in. I even convinced them to remove the handcuffs off him. The only thing I had to do to make all that happen, was to tell them I was a lawyer.

Once I saw the big black numbers on the door I sighed with relief and walked up to the door. I heard laughter on the other side, so I knew Myles was awake. That also meant that Peanut was in there with him. I frowned as I thought about the conversation we had, had earlier. I really did have true intentions to stop messing around with Myles, but the fact that Peanut couldn't be honest with me, upseted me.

I pushed the door open and walked in the hospital room. The first person I saw was Peanut, he had his back turned to me, pouring ice into a cup. I walked further into the room and saw Myles laying there watching Rugrats. When he looked over at me his eyes lit up and he smirked at me. I smiled at him before looking at Peanut, he still didn't know I was there. I cleared my throat and he turned around with the cup of ice in his hand. He looked at me then averted his eyes to Myles. I knew he felt guilty for not telling me what was going on, and he should.

"Damn, I feel special as fuck. I didn't think you'd come see me Nae," he said. I smiled and walked over to him, giving him a hug. Peanut just stood there with a blank expression on his face. I pulled back from Myles and looked him in his face. That's when I realized how handsome he was. He resembled Chris Brown and, if y'all don't already know, I love me some Chris.

"Yea, I would've came sooner but, no one told me you were here. Are you ok Myles," I asked caressing the side of his face. Peanut smacked his lips but I ignored him. Right now he wasn't important to me, Myles is who I needed to check on.

"I'm good, it's just a lil scratch. Ain't shit to a nigga like me. If G's ugly ass wanna kill me, he gon' have to come harder than that," Myles stated cockily. I rolled my eyes at him before looking over at Peanut. He tapped on his watch and nodded towards Myles. I knew he was telling me to hurry up and end things with Myles, but little did he know I was going to turn the tables on him real quick.

"Myles you shouldn't be boasting about getting shot, that's really not nothing to play with. Anything could've happened to you," I complained. Myles looked at me then at Peanut before shaking his head.

"Why you so worried about me, what you like me or something," he asked. I froze in my spot and contemplated on what I should say next. I did like Myles but I also liked Peanut.

"Yea, I do like you, now shut up and go to sleep," I said as I tried to pull the covers over him but he pushed them out the way and started smirking. I frowned at him and noticed that he was smirking at Peanut. I squinted my eyes and looked over at Peanut who had flames coming from his ears, not literally but you know what I mean. He looked like he wanted to fuck us both up.

"You hear that 'Nut, she likes me. I got one up on you, unless she likes you too. Aye you like him too Danaë," Myles asked being petty. I frowned at him before shaking my head. They took that as my answer and after that all hell broke loose.

"Noooooo son, shawty says she doesn't even like you. See and yo ass be defending her, talking about that's yo girl and what y'all did and shit and she not even fa' you homie. You need to get yo priorities straight bruh," Myles said. I cut my eyes at him causing him to shut up.

"Shidd, I don't give a fuck anyways. You the stupid one Myles, you don't see what this bitch is trynna do bro. She's trynna turn us against each other. If you don't catch on to her vibe then you ain't as smart as I thought you were," Peanut said harshly. I swung my head around to him and frowned at him. He was so lucky that we were in a hospital because if we weren't, I was going to give him a recap of earlier.

"So you calling me a bitch again. I swear when I see Icy that's yo ass. I'm telling my brother on you for real this time. And turn you against each other? Nigga I don't give a fuck about y'all's stupid ass friendship. You just saying stupid shit because I like Myles. You wanna know why I like Myles, because he doesn't lie to me, he keeps it one hundred, and he respects me. Maybe you should take some notes from him instead of being an asshole all the time," I yelled. Peanut stood with a blank expression on his face making me mad as always.

"My homie probably do keep it one hundred with you, but are you doing the same with him," he asked. I cut my eyes at him but that didn't stop him from talking. "Nahh don't look at me like that Nae. Tell Myles why you really came here. Let him know the real reason why you here, is because you came to cut him off. Since you like him so much, explain to him why you was just moaning my name out in your bed. Tell him Nae! Tell my homie, how you ain't shit. You lucky you Icy's sister." I rolled my eyes at him before looking at Myles. He had a frown on his face as well.

"Damn Nae, that's fucked up. I was feeling good when I seen you walk through the door. Right now ion even feel like looking at you," Myles said. I bit my lip nervously as I thought of something to say to Myles.

"Myles, Peanut is lying. He's just jealous because we have a connection. You shouldn't believe shit his hating ass say. He told me to break up with you, but I told him I wasn't going to do that. Now he's in his feelings, trying to mess what we got going on up," I said walking over to Myles hospital bed.

"Danaë, Peanut been my homie for a while. I don't see his reasoning for lying to me," Myles said.

"You know what I'll prove to you that I like you," I told Myles. I walked closer to his bed before glaring at Peanut. I leaned forward and kissed Myles lips. He sat there surprised at first but then he gave in and kissed back. He deepened the kiss and I felt my heart fluttered opened as I stood there tongue kissing Myles while Peanut watched. As we kissed passionately, my mind traveled back to when we snuck behind the blueberry tree and kissed. What started off as a double dare from his older brother, ended with us doing some serious dry humping behind that tree.

"Aye what the fuck is y'all doing," a familiar voice yelled. I jumped and pulled back from Myles, who was now pretending to be asleep. I frowned at him and raised my hands in the air, like I just don't care. Peanut stood there with a look of disgust on his face. I looked down at the ground as I turned around to face, one of the niggas I feared the most. Kree stood behind him, mugging me.

"You don't hear me talking to you Danaë," Icy growled before walking towards me. I took a step back, each time he walked forward. My brother was under a lot of stress, and I knew me doing what he just witnessed, set him off. I was honestly afraid for myself.

"Ice, I told her ass to go wait in the waiting room but she ran in here talking shit and kissing all on Myles," Peanut snitched. I rolled my eyes at him as I  remembered what happened earlier.

"Shut up Peanut. Since yo ass wanna tell everything, tell my brother how you called me a bitch, not once but three times. Oh yeah let's not forget that yo bitch ass choke me," I confessed. Icy looked from me to Peanut. He was about to go off on him, but Kree intervened in the argument.

"'Nut what I tell you and Danaë about this arguing and shit. And didn't I tell you about calling females out they name. Get yo ass over there and apologize 'fore I knock tears out yo nose," Kree yelled. Peanut smacked his lips but nonetheless walked over to me. We stood toe to toe, sizing each other up. I wanted more than anything to reach up and deck him in his shit but I didn't want Icy to kick my ass.

"My bad Danaë, I wasn't trynna call you out yo name and I apologize for restraining you, because I didn't put my damn hand on you. From now on, we don't have to speak. You don't say shit and I won't talk to you," Peanut said angrily. My heart broke right then and there and I fought back the urge to cry. I never meant for shit to get like this.

"So Danaë you just gon' ignore what I asked you. Why you all up in Myles face, huh?" Icy asked calmly. Him being calm was not a good thing, I rather him yell and shout than to be calm.

"We weren't doing anything Icy," I lied. He looked at me and I almost died. His nostrils flared and he looked like he wanted to kill me.

"So you just gon' lie to my fucking face Danaë. Iight, I see how we are, I see how we doing it from now on. Since you wanna sit and lie to my face, let me keep it 1k with you. Imma advise you to get yo shit together, because you being a lil hoe in the streets. You going down a road, that I can't save you from if you get too far. Stop doing what you doin', you know what, go home and pack yo shit, I'm sending you back to Alabama. A nigga can't give yo ass a inch, you'd take a fucking mile," he said to me. I stood there in complete shock.

My vision was blurry due to the tears that were in my eyes. I looked around the room at everybody, to see they all were looking at me disgusted. My breathing became rapid and I could no longer hold the tears in. Kree walked up to me, trying to console me but I pushed him away and ran out the room. I heard my name being called but I didn't turn around, I just kept running until I made it out the hospital.

I could see Tiana walking towards me from a distance. She was smiling down at her phone but quickly put it away once she seen the look on my face.

"Danaë are you good," she asked. I shook my head while panting.

"Icy kicked me out, so that means I have nowhere to stay. You think I could crash at your house, until I get in touch with my parents," I panted. She nodded before leading me to her car. As soon as I got in her car, I broke down. I sat and told Tiana the whole story. My feelings were hurt because what Icy had said.

"Nae, don't cry, fuck Icy, Peanut and, Myles ass too. You just a little undecided, we all are sometimes. You'll find out which one you like in the end. Now we going to go to my little condo, and have a girl's night. Well I have to get rid of Yoshi's ass first but hopefully he'll be out wit' one of his lil thots," Tiana said. I chuckled and put my seatbelt on. As she drove off I prayed that she was right and that I'd choose one of them, instead of playing with their hearts and heads.

__________________

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

Questions

1. Will Remy be successful with her plan to eliminate Mónéy, or will she fail once again?

2. Do you think Peanut was wrong for not telling Danaë, what was going on with Myles?

3. Do you think Danaë really is trying to break up Peanut's and Myles' relationship, or is she really confused?

4. Who do you think Danaë will choose in the end?

5. Was Icy wrong for talking to her like that or did he keep it 1k with her?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.6K 29
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
414K 20.9K 45
When Ryann meets Ava - she's intrigued right away from the smooth woman who is more than just a mystery. From her luxurious lifestyle to her love lif...
2.7K 88 33
A story filled with love, beauty, and pain. Read to find out...
707K 4.7K 12
(Previously Loving the Thug Life) 16 year old Ariela never had an easy life. People always said she had it good but they were just looking from the o...