Beautiful Mistake | ✓

By Lexy_VLover

❝how would you feel if i told you i loved you? it's just something that i wanna do❞ When Violetta's parents'... More

• foreword •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 15 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
• 18 •
• 19 •
• 20 •
• 21 •
• 22 •
• 23 •
• 24 •
• 25 •
• 26 •
• 27 •
• 28 •
• 29 •
• 30 •
• 31 •
• 32 •
• 33 •
• 34 •
• 35 •
• 36 •
• 37 •
• 38 •
• 40 •
• 41 •
• 42 •
• 43 •
• 44 •
• 45 •
• 46 •
• 47 •
• 48 •
• 49 •
• 50 •
• 51 •
• 52 •
• 53 •
• 54 •
• 55 •
• 56 •
• 57 •
• 58 •
• 59 •
• 60 •
• afterword •
• Part 2 • Diego •
• 2.1 •
• 2.2 •
• 2.3 •
• 2.4 •
• 2.5 •
• 2.6 •
• 2.7 •
• 2.8 •
• 2.9 •
• 2.10 •
• 2.11 •
• 2.12 •
• 2.13 •
• 2.14 •
• 2.15 •
• alternate ending 1 •
• alternate ending 2 •
• epilogue •
• afterword •

• 39 •

416 15 17
By Lexy_VLover

(Guess who is still alive! I'm not losing interest in writing this book or anything, it's just the lack of time! I promise! Thank you for still reading! Enjoy! xx)

I HAD FORGOTTEN HE KISSED this well.

Seriously.

I know that it's only been like a week since we've last kissed (for seven seconds precisely) but it felt like ages. And unlike that honeymoon I didn't want to push him away. No, instead I pulled him closer.

His formal shirt was unbuttoned, I could tell that he had just thrown it on after his meeting with unnamed girl number:who-even-knows-anymore. I pulled him by his collar closer to me.

I had even managed to forget how much I enjoyed this, his lips on mine, this sort of passion between us. I knew I'd regret it soon enough, later today perhaps even. Maybe when he explained his consequences for breaking the rules, and I gave him mine.

I trailed my finger lightly down his cheekbones and a growl escaped from his throat. It froze me for a moment before I felt him asking for entrance, and I gave it to him easily. Originally, I hadn't been the biggest fan when he immediately took dominance in a kiss, but now who cares.

I just wanted to kiss him— needed to kiss him.

He basically showed his. . .emotions through our kiss the day I first met Federico. He really showed him then that I was his. The thought brought shivers down my spine. Maybe this would be a way for me to show him that he was mine. This brought even more shivers.

I had felt a new sense of confidence as I told him that. I finally expressed that I actually didn't like it when he continuously made out with girls, that he was only my husband.

I wondered what it would do to our relationship. But I didn't have time to ponder the thought any longer as my fingers took control and ran down his bare chest. Another inhumane growl that sounded like it belonged on a jungle.

His lips disappeared from mine and he trailed kisses down my neck to my collarbone. He pressed a soft kiss and muttered a word, almost mouthing it against my skin.

"Mine,"

THE MOMENT DIDN'T last forever.

We broke apart soon enough, panting heavily. He adjusted his shirt, finally doing the buttons, and I tried to tame my probably unruly hair (he loved to tangle his fingers in my hair) and straightened my clothes, my shirt especially which appeared to have hiked up quite a lot.

"You lied to me," He finally says.

Strike one. Me.

"And then you barged into my room, my door was clearly closed but you still came in. That is an invasion of my privacy,"

Strike two. Me.

"You brought a shag home,"

Strike two. Him.

We had both broken two rules throughout our engagement, or rather actually cared about it twice. I had managed to get him to call him something similar to my name instead of his usual babe, sweetheart, princess and the likes.

"My punishment?" I ask daringly.

What would it be? Get off my case for a week? Let me mess around with anybody as much as I please for a week? It would be a punishment, knowing that other girls out there would be satisfying him.

Diego brushes past me and out of his room right into the room opposite. Mine. I hurry after him and see him walk straight to my beloved bookshelf.

It was filled with everything from Jane Eyre to Alice in Wonderland. He trails his fingers across the spines, the creases clearly showing how many times I had read it.

"Wh-what are you doing?" I asked cautiously and he laughed, but it lacked humour. At least to me.

"Looking for your punishment," He shrugs.

He grabs Farenheit 451, The Book Of Lost Things, Q & A, The Hobbit, Inkdeath, The Twelfth Night and The Book Theif, all beautifully penned and thought out.

"Four for each rule," He says slowly, waiting for me to catch on.

And then, in a swift movement he's out of the room and he's locked me in. I stand there, paralysed for a moment before I realise. He took my books. Eight of them. Eight wonderful books that brought me such serenity. He took them. He locked me in my room, keeping me in.

"Diego!"

He just cackled. And then I heard it. Now, if you were a voracious reader like myself you are probably one-with your books. You feel everything. Everything.

I heard it first. The loud, ripping sound that seemed to control the entire penthouse. And then I screamed. I banged furiously against my door, frantically trying to open the door wishing that if I tugged long and hard enough the lock would just fall off. But to no avail. The sound got softer, but it was like the pain just got louder. He was killing them.

After five minutes he finally opened up, and I had my own plan of action. Before I witnessed the horror site, I went to the storage room and grabbed a lovely golf club: the driver. It had the biggest end, so probably the most damage.

I walked down the hall and I saw it, pages from some of my favourite books lying on the floor. He couldn't even tear them out well, they were ripped across the page. They could never be repaired. I didn't allow myself to cry.

"Say goodbye to Number 9," I whisper.

I swing the golf club over my shoulder and walk to the door. I arrived in the parking lot, Diego had to buy a whole section for his many many cars. Unfortunately I hadn't been in many. I got straight for the red Ferrari.

I swing the club and land it right on the headlights. The glass breaking echoes in the empty lot. And I carry on, the bonnet, the windscreen, everything. His car would have to feel the same pain that my books did.

Don't cry.

Just hit.

And hit I did.

WE WERE ON A MOVING TRAIN Diego and I, metaphorically speaking of course.

One step forwards, three hundred and thirty feet backwards.

I thought for a moment things would change between the two of us, just for a moment. And boy was that a lovely moment. But as I struggled to fit words together and he practically cried over the broken pieces of his expensive car, I realised that that would probably never happen.

"I'm sorry about your car,"

I will admit, despite how precious my books were to me the eight books wouldn't cost a tenth of what the Ferrari would. I mean yes I almost cried because duh, these are books, but that was a car. That I demolished. Demolished may not even do it justice.

He just nods.

Okay, I wasn't expecting an apology back, but maybe a 'don't worry about it' would have been relieving.

"At least you didn't break two rules," I say trying to lighten the mood.

"Why couldn't you kill Number 2," He asks sulkily.

Number 2 was a Lexus, the exact model I'm not sure. I've never been a whizz with cars. Really, all that matters is the logo. I don't really pay mind to much else.

"9 was just there," I shrug and he nods.

I get back to matching my pages. Maybe I should've been a little nicer with the punishment, he didn't choose my Harry Potter or Da Vinci Code books, not even my Percy Jackson. He knew those were my ultimate favourites.

"Buts it's not your favourite car right?" I ask and he scoffs.

"I could never choose between my Ferrari, Porsche 911 and my Aston Martin, I mean come on Letta," He rolls his eyes and I flush.

"Sorry,"

I guess I kinda just proved how little I understand cars.

I mean I was happy with my small Audi A3, it was comfortable and affordable and just perfect for me. But now I have to wait for Diego or my friends, or I walk. My independence has dropped by like 75%. Which is shit, considering I didn't have that much since I was living with my parents.

My parents.

I grab my phone from the counter and scroll down my messages to an invitation. It was my mother's birthday on the weekend. Maria Castillo had been a role model to me for a long time, starting up her own company with Dad, it was something that I hoped to achieve.

Even after sending Luca away, at that time I was young and wanted to believe in my mother. And then the engagement happened, I still remember the way she looked at me. She looked very apologetic, but on the other hand she was firm. She was wordlessly telling me that I had to do this if anything she had done for me for the past two decades meant anything to me.

And then Luca, and Luca again and again. I wanted them to accept him, and only then would I really forgive them.

Me [12:35] diego and i will come only if you invite luca xoxo

She was at work, which explained why her phone was right near her. She replied almost immediately.

Mum 🌸 [12:38] Okay dear. Thanks for making the effort. Love you lots

"Diego we've got plans this weekend," I say switching my phone off.

"We do?" He asks confused.

"My parents,"

"We stay over Saturday night, which is when we have the birthday dinner and then Sunday morning we have a full breakfast from fruit salad to bacon," I tell him and he nods.

My parents have always had their birthdays that way, they just enjoyed having their closest family over for a night. My mother would invite her sister, brother, parents as well as my father's sisters. His father lived in another city. My father's older sister has a daughter whom is my age, but other than that the ages are sporadic.

"I don't think I remember them," Diego says, massaging his temples.

"Mother's side: Younger brother Sebastian has a son -Keagan- at 28 years old and a daughter -Kiarah- at 14. They have different mothers, and he is currently not married and his relationship status well nobody knows. Her sister is Angeles married to Pablo, they have a daughter -Lila- who is only 8 years old,"

"My father's oldest sister Kirstie has a daughter, Savannah, and she's my age and then a son, Kevin, at 15, she is divorced. And finally his younger sister, Penn, her husband is Joshua and they have two sons, one at 9 and that's Tristan, and another at 7 and he is Jordan," I breathe.

Diego nodded taking it all in. I really hoped this weekend went well, my top priority would be trying to get Luca and my parents to have a normal civilised conversation and eventually make up. It would be exciting to go on a family holiday.

"What should I wear?" Diego asks all of a sudden.

"What you usually would?" I suggest and he rolls his eyes.

"A suit or casual?" He asks again.

"Suit for the dinner because you look han—professional," I stop myself and he notices. He doesn't stop the smirk that appears on his lips less than a second later.

"Then we're going shopping," He says, grabbing his car keys.

He pulls me to my feet and I stumble a little. I wasn't exactly used to being pulled up. And the fact that he was buff as hell and made it look I was weightless.

"But I don't want to," I complain and he rolls his eyes again.

I wonder if his eyes would eventually roll out of his eyes. I shrug the gory thought away, and let myself get dragged.

"Pick a number,"

"5," I say excitedly.

Number Five was a BMW M4. It went super fast and he had awesome speakers.

"Don't you get your suits tailor-made?" I ask him and he nods.

"But tomorrow is Saturday and not even I would rush a seamstress like that," He tells me and I nod. "And you need something to wear,"

"I have tons of clothes," I protest. He looks at me like I have two heads.

It wasn't my fault that I wasn't experienced in shopping and anything fashion. It's not even like my parents weren't wealthy that I couldn't actually go shopping all the time, it just didn't fit me.

"I want you to pick something out for me," He glances my way.

He doesn't look long instead he focuses on the road. I think about us in the back of a shop, me sitting on a chair and then him pulling curtains aside to step out. And then the other way around.

"I'll try not to make you kiss me," He winks.

Cocky doofus.

Yah, not the longest chapter. The next should be a little longer. I'll do the shopping trip and maybe even the start of the Castillo family weekend.

So, they kissed! I wasn't going to put the kiss in, but decided I haven't put a good one in for a while so I thought lets just write it. And, I hope you enjoyed the punishments.

Whose do you think was worse? If you're a voracious reader like me, would you cry if your books were torn up? I'd probably kill whoever did it because I mean you just don't touch my books. Seriously, I don't lend my books to anyone because they're way too precious.

Enough about me. Thanks for reading 🙈 Sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.6K 2.6K 45
(Based on the show "Violetta") Violetta can't help feeling bad after leaving Leon for Diego. She realizes she needs Leon more than ever. When Violet...
15.3K 277 18
"When life seems too great, there's always something dark hiding in the shadows. Even the most joyful person can be hiding the their darkest thoughts...
16.4K 265 30
Leon works in a company that is opposite Violetta' s company but violetta works with her brother Federico and Diego is the boss of them both and forb...
3.4K 152 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...